2247 Professor Ave
Tremont, OH 44113Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restaurantdante.us/
- Phone: 2162741200x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Dante Boccuzzi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: DANTE restaurant can provide food and beverages for any occasion and party size.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private party room seats comfortably 20 people. In warmer months the outside garden patio can be utilized in conjunction with the private room.
- Private Party Contact: Monica Ferrari 9176605334x
A word from DANTE
Enjoy Michelin-starred chef Dante Boccuzzi"s signature restaurant DANTE. Located in a historic bank building in Tremont, DANTE restaurant has become one of Cleveland's premier dining spots. The decor features designs and works of art from local artists. Guests may choose from an a la Carte Menu or a Chef's Tasting Menu. Experience the excitement of dining in the kitchen as Chef Dante prepares and serves you a multiple course tasting menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
DANTE - Best Restaurants in Tremont ›
DANTE reviews from OpenTable diners
189 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (141)special occasion (119)neighborhood gem (98)romantic (88)notable wine list (76)hot spot (63)good for groups (50)vibrant bar scene (25)late-night find (17)great for outdoor dining (17)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/23/2014My husband and I went there with another couple to celebrate our anniversary. Three of us ordered five-course surprise meal. It was delicious and even though portions were small, it was more then enough and we (girls) had to pack some leftovers to go. My other friend ordered from the menu. His salmon was amazing- it was melting in the mouth! For the last course they brought us the deserts (full size) - and it was incredible. Strongly recommend that place to anyone who loves great fancy food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014My wife and I went for our 20th anniversary. From the time we entered util the time we left it was fantastic. I ordered the "Expeience" and it seemed like the chef had known me my whole life as everything that came out was food that I love. The wine pairings were wonderful. It was a lot of food, so go there hungry. Our waiter was excellent and gave us a detailed description of each course. I really don't know how it could be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014The food and service were top notch. The extra care that the staff put into our experience was great. The food?! We over stuffed ourselves--- everything was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- way too noisyllamagrandeDined on 10/17/2014Had dinner at dante for first tome - disappointed. Very noisy - couldn't even hear server tell us specials. There was private party in dining room complete with slide show and microphone. Efforts to screen them off didn't limit the noise. Why dante would agree to a party in middle of room on friday nite is mystery. Food was underwhelming but our server was first class.
- An anniversary treatcalvert13Dined on 10/16/2014This was our first visit to Dante and will not be our last! The food was amazing from appetizer to dessert. Great service. Nice selection of both food and beverage. Love the Tremont neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my Cleveland faves!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Dante is always a great experience! I loved the food and atmosphere as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charlieDined on 10/11/2014I think this is probably one of THE top restaurants in Cleveland, hands down. We got the reverse tasting menu. Everything came out at perfect temperature, and I loved every taste. We traveled to Chicago and Boston recently and dined at some of their higher end restaurants. This was the best meal by far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedReviewer123Dined on 10/11/2014We were really looking forward to trying this restaurant. The feel of the place, the service, and the menu were all very good. The food was just ok. There wasn't one dish that I'd order again- I didn't finish anything. Maybe it was an off night in the kitchen?
- Best servers anywhere!jmouseDined on 10/11/2014Our 35th anniversary was made even more special by the excellent food and thoughtful and well informed servers. What a great evening. The salmon over risotto was the most delicious I've ever tasted..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentShipskVIPDined on 10/10/2014Consistently a fabulous meal. Can't wait for our next meal at Dante.Special Features:
- Tremendous Service and foodBigguyVIPDined on 10/8/2014One of the best dining experiences in Cleveland. Always unique and exciting. Very innovative and true to the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jaybird1Dined on 10/4/2014I was disappointed in the food selection. The serve was poor the waiter hardly came to see if we needed anything and when we had questions regarding the menu he was rude.Special Features:
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014We had a great experience for our anniversary. The atmosphere was outstanding, the food was excellent and the service was impeccable! We highly recommend Dante! Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta to die forctownfoodieDined on 10/3/2014I cannot say enough about this restaurant. The ambiance is awesome (an old bank). I've been 3-4 times and this time we sat next to the vault door which was very cool! In the past, we've enjoyed the patio, which is beautiful as well. I love the hummus served with the bread (in an old album melted into a bowl). I love the Pappardelle Bolognese! I dream about this dish! The Bolognese itself has such a great depth of flavor, and the pappardelle is cooked to a PERFECT al dente! My partner gets the Linguine Carbonara and I have never seen any other meal bring such a joy to her face! One of these days I will venture out and try their tasting menu, but I can't get enough of the Bolognese! Server was fabulous!Special Features:
- Food disappointingKnowwhatsup40Dined on 10/1/2014Great bartender. Nice private dining rooms. But tartlet was dry. Lobster spring rolls were dry, tasted old. Pasta carbonara was tasteless. Really bummed out on food. Had dantes food at the old lockkeepers space and it was awesome. So this experience not so good but would try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tremont RestaurantRegularDinersDined on 9/29/2014This was our first visit to DANTE and we loved the uniqueness of this establishment. It truly is a neighborhood gem. Most of our meal choices were outstanding, such as the Snow Crab Salad, Ravioli, Linguine and Scallops. The soup was satisfactory, but the Barley Risoto was under seasoned and mismatched with salmon, rather than something more complimentary such as pork belly. The 3 oz. wine pours were a bit pricey. All things considered, however, we were pleased with this dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant evening outThe2ofusDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I had reservations for a late evening dinner and were received warmly and shown to our table with just a few moments wait. The hostess acknowledged the special request I had left on the reservation form, which I appreciated. Service was friendly and helpful and the food was excellent. We will certainly retain Dante on the list of places to return to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta, Pasta, PastaFireman11Dined on 9/27/2014Hand made fresh pasta used in very unique ways that make your taste buds sing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food; Expensive DrinksAnonymousDined on 9/27/2014I thought overall the food was very good, drinks were a little pricey.Special Features:
- italy comes to clevelandPhilVIPDined on 9/26/2014enjoyed a fabulous meal at the chef's table. Beautiful and delizioso tasting menu that takes you through a menagerie of culinary sensations and flavors. Having been to the best of restaurants in NYC and Milan and Rome, and elsewhere, this one rates at the top.Special Features:
- A wonderful experience!Pink16FlamingoDined on 9/26/2014An excellent menu of items presented in such a way that you were able to try several of them. The food was excellent and we had great fun in a terrific atmosphere. Service was exceptional. Dante is not just a restaurant, it is an experience!! You should try it!Special Features:
- Great for foodiesWeRFoodiesDined on 9/20/2014We had the 5 course sampler. It was fantastic! It was a fun experience to have the chef create a special meal just for you! I would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!MelissaVIPDined on 9/20/2014We arrived a bit early and were seated right away. The restaurant had just opened so it was very quiet. We decided on the 5 course Chef's choice with wine because it was hard to decide what to eat! We were not rushed through our meal, which allowed us to digest and relax before the next course. The Chef did a wonderful job of choosing meals for each of us based on what we did not like. The only issue is the noise level. The restaurant is inside an old bank, so as the tables filled up the noise level got so loud we had a problem hearing each other by the end of the meal. Otherwise, it was outstanding! We would definitely plan to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average for the pricemarkVIPDined on 9/20/2014We found the food to be rather uninteresting. My wife had the salmon and I had the steak. Both were rather bland tasting. They were prepared well, and the presentation was nice on the plate. It's just that there was nothing memorable about the taste. Expensive for the experience.
- Food quality is very uneven.HavinFunDined on 9/15/2014It's a hit or miss proposition with the food. The appetizers were wonderful but my beef entrée was flavorless.
- Anniversary dinner at DanteSbjmVIPDined on 9/13/2014Noted we were celebrating our anniversary. Arrived early & were directed to the bar. Seated 25 minutes after reservation time. They put us at a table for 2 against a partition on a main aisle with lots of traffic. Definitely not romantic. Service was wonderful. She recommended the five course tasting menu with wine pairings. A steal at less than $100 pp. Started with salmon tartare that was amazing with the Sauvignon blanc it was paired with. Next came a rich rabbit pasta. Fish course with braised fennel was my favorite... Subtle yet sophisticated. Sliced ribeye followed. Final course was a sparkling moscato with 2 desserts. Napoleon with peach ice cream was our favorite. Delicious! Will definitely return, just not for an anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food And serviceFoodwinelvr123Dined on 9/12/2014Had a great experience here with excellent cuisine and very romantic atmosphere- great wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014My wife had the salmon which she said was very good. I had the scallops with pork belly which I thought was okay. The interior I felt definitely needed a makeover. The service was good.Special Features:
- deliciouskathDined on 9/12/2014The food was excellent. Everyone at our table thoroughly enjoyed it and it was just a fun environment to be in.Special Features:
- Dante is by far the best restaurantLaudee46VIPDined on 9/12/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Dante. Everything about Dante is first class, the employees, ambiance and food are all exceptional, and we just love it every time we go. We have been going every year for our birthdays, however, this time we went for our half birthdays because we couldn't wait! I would highly recommend this restaurant to any one who appreciates fine dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DawneviltwinfawnDined on 9/10/2014Excellent evening at Dante, great food and great atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent!!!nickDined on 9/6/2014Every bite was better than the next. And prices were just right. New Yorkers approve!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Great tasting menu best dinning experience in cleveland in the past few years highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but we won't go backOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014Dante's was not at all what we expected. The highlight was the fabulous bartender who was friendly and efficient. We waited 15 minutes for our table to be ready which wasn't a big deal because we weren't in a hurry. Once seated, our server, who was very nice, told us it was easier for the kitchen if we ordered everything at once, instead of ordering our first course and then deciding on a second course. We were hoping to enjoy our cocktails and then order. We dine out a lot at high end restaurants and my husband had a hard time finding a bottle of wine at a reasonable price. He said it was one of the most over-priced lists. We liked the originality of the menu and the different course size option. The food was very good.
- fantasticFredDined on 9/6/2014The Lobster Spring Rolls with the honeydew were unbelievable. Everything that was supposed to go right did--the ribeye was cooked exactly to order, the tasting dishes were hot and brought at the right time. Service was fantastic as one would expect at a restaurant of this caliber.I would recommend this to a friend.
- pattygardenerpattygardenerVIPDined on 9/6/2014Chef Dante is a highly credentialled chef, having cooked with Charlie Palmer, among others. Perhaps our expectations were too high, and perhaps we should have ordered the tasting menu. But we ordered one of the few entrees available from the menu. We unanimously agreed that the food was OK, but just OK, nothing special.
- food great, service excellentlkwdgaymanDined on 9/3/2014I went to Dante with a foodie friend from Australia and we were both very impressed. She has worked as a chef on high-end yachts all over the world and is very particular about service. Dante is the only American restaurant that impressed her on this trip. We did the tasting menu paired with wines. The food was elegant, creative and ample. The wines were fantastic and a great variety.Special Features:
- Finally!TerriMDined on 9/2/2014We'd been waiting to try for quite some time and our experience didn't disappoint. Loved both entrees - duck and rabbit. The highlight was the pasta tastings we each got. Loved that you had the three options to order the pasta, tasting size (ample), appetizer or meal. I'd go back for the pasta alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in ClevelandMatthewtheConciergeVIPDined on 8/30/2014By far the best restaurant in Cleveland. I have been here several times and I can not say enough great things about it. The service, the food, the ambiance. Exceptional. Never had a bad meal here. They offer the largest wine menu and bourbon menu of any restaurant I have been too downtown. They offer a tasting menu for many of their pasta dishes. If you do not want the entire entree, you can order a small portion of it and they fit well as appatizers. I recommend the Ribeye as well as the Salmon. The Bolognes is the best I have ever had. It may be a little off the beaten path of Downtown, but it is well worth the 5 minute drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing.FoodieDined on 8/26/2014Bad service. Were out of several things on the menu.Special Features: