1148 Walker Road
Great Falls, VA 22066Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.danterestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7037593131
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giuseppe Di Benigno
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Dante Restaurant offers private dining rooms to accommodate from 6 to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Giuseppe Di Benigno 7037593131
- Entertainment: On special occasions Dante Restaurant offers light jazz on the patio.
A word from Dante Ristorante
Dante Restaurant is located in the historic Leigh House, a beautifully renovated Victorian mansion. It is known for its fine Italian cuisine, elegant service, and uniquely warm and inviting atmosphere. Nestled in the lush countryside of Great Falls, Virginia, Dante is just minutes from Tysons Corner and Reston Town Center.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dante Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (40)romantic (35)neighborhood gem (34)great for outdoor dining (32)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (11)notable wine list (9)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Pleasant DiningJohnDoeDined on 10/18/2014Enjoyed the food and atmosphere. Service was excellent. Expensive but worth it as a treat.Special Features:
- Love of FoodAndreaDined on 10/11/2014Dante has been around for a long time and there is a reason for this...because it is fabulous!!! I haven't been there for quite a while and don't know why? I will remember to go more often. It really is wonderful!!!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014My wife and I really enjoyed it. The outdoor patio was wonderful for dining. It was quiet, and had a terrific jazz trio providing background music. Osso Bucco made with beef (I usually have had the veal version) was very nice - but the lobster & crab linguine that my wife had was better. The specialize in Northern Italian cuisine and I can't believe we never ate at this gem of restaurant in 15+ years in NoVa. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing patio diningmeanderDined on 9/12/2014We have been to Dante a number of times and are drawn back to dining there on summer nights when we can sit on the patio. The patio is spacious and welcoming, well designed with a lot of greenery that makes it feel cozy - and it's very pretty. The crowd always seems friendly. The wait staff is very attentive. And there's the music, which makes the evening even better - a jazz trio that plays seamless and beautiful jazz pieces, and they also take requests. It's all just perfect!Special Features:
- Lovely EveningScamperDined on 9/12/2014It was a beautiful night, and we decided to eat on the patio outside. At 7pm, a 3-piece jazz group started playing background music; it was quiet enough for us to talk to each other in a normal voice. The wait staff was attentive and helpful. We started with bacon wrapped scallops. They were cooked perfectly. How did they get the bacon crispy without over cooking the scallops? For our main, we had the veal chop and the sea bass. Both we done to perfection. I would recommend Dante to anyone for a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best local Italian placePMRRDined on 9/11/2014We were very pleasantly surprised by Dante. I've lived in McLean for a little less than a year and my take on the Italian places around has ranged from "good enough" (assagi osteria) to "underwhelmed" (capri, all in falls church and vienna). Dante was quite good, certainly a couple levels above everything else around. I assumed it would be the same - just a blah place that put itself in a good location. I assumed wrong. The food is very good. The burrata, which I assume is seasonal, was the best I've had in the metro DC area. Presentation of everything was especially good, with execution a hair below but still above expectations. This place is great, and one of the few places in the area delivering real value, relative to the cost.Special Features:
- Moderate experience - expected moretlk2martyDined on 9/10/2014Food was very good, although I expected it here. Staff was polite when attentive. "When" being the key word because often we were waiting for interaction. Wine list was all right, found a good range of selections. Based on the lack of attention (they did not appear that busy), long waits for interaction, I won't go back for a while. There are just too many other alternatives. But I'd try again sometime. This was a Wednesday evening 7pm reservation for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lasagna is amazing!!HungryhippoDined on 9/8/2014My family and I enjoy their classic Italian dishes along with the crepe lasagna which is always my go to. Great staff and a lovely atmosphere. Desserts were delicious also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Elegant & Enjoyable!KellyDined on 9/2/2014Thanks to all at Dante's for whatever part you played in the 90th birthday celebration I hosted yesterday. You did everything just right! The food was a gourmet feast, the service superb with every aspect timed perfectly, the background music quiet and classical, and the ambiance perfect. I could have asked for nothing more! Everyone loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wrong fish, but okOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/1/2014There were four of us; I had advised prior to arrival that the Dover Sole had been a good selection in the past. Three of us ordered Dover Sole. Sea Bass was delivered. It was late, we were the last table; we decided not to say anything, it was to late to wait another 25 minutes for the proper fish; and the Sea Bass was OK. Earlier, one person ordered a Spinach Salad, a Bibb Lettuce was delivered. That was corrected. It's possible that the waiter didn't understand enough English to get the order correct, or, that they were out of sole and thought they could substitute bass and we would not know the difference. I order fish every day, and know exactly what is being served. Regardless, it's a nice place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasantLillyDined on 8/29/2014It was a perfect dining experience. Food was great, service was attentive.Special Features:
- Nice, but an extravaganceTrolleyBillDined on 8/22/2014Wife had Osso Bucco, veal shank on bed of Risotto and I had Veal Scallopine w/eggplant & provolone with a creamy tomato sauce and a side of mixed vegetables. Both dishes were beautifully presented and were delicious. Mine needed salt, but that's my taste. For dessert my wife had Panna Cotta and I had the chocolate/hazelnut mousse cake. Again, nicely presented and delicious however, my wife's dessert was described in the menu as "served with berries" and she got one raspberry and one sliced strawberry. While technically correct, two berries on an 8$ dessert seemed a bit on the cheap side. Very good food & fab service. A "Special Occasions Only" place.Special Features:
- AdequatePopsVIPDined on 8/13/2014We are first time diners who came here for a celebratory dinner. The vision projected on their website was somewhat inconsistent with reality. The "mansion" is really just a large house on a main road with truck, car and motocycle traffic passing by if you choose to eat on the porch. The signature dish, of mixed seafood had an abundance of annoying little clams with too little meat and a lot of work to shell them. Desserts were standard tiramisu, chocolate cake, etc. etc. The house wines by the glass do not show any pedigree... pinot, cabernet, sangiovese is the only description on the menu. The dinner wasn't bad, just ho-hum.
- Not as good as last timeBafflesDined on 8/9/2014Still love this place. This was my second time here. It may have been where we were seated, but it seemed much noisier this time. It required you to talk fairly loud to have a conversation. Not sports bar loud but louder than you would expect for a place like this. We started with the dried beef appetizer which is unbelievable. I had the beef tenderloin which rivals the best steakhouse anywhere. My date had the sole and she loved it. The first time we came here the service was exactly on time every time. This time, everything took a long time including 10 minutes to get coffee after they cleared our plates and took our dessert order. All that said, the cost of this type of food and ambiance can't be beat!Special Features:
- Lovely neighborhood gemCaribbeanSoulDined on 8/9/2014I went to this restaurant 20 years ago , and I must say, it has really improved wonderfully. I literally have not been back since then, and only gave it another try based upon the excellent reviews of other patrons. Thank goodness! What I discovered was a much improved menu and much improved cooking, frankly. I really enjoyed the food. The portions are generous, and the quality of ingredients is much better. I didn't give it 5 stars because it is still under-seasoned for my taste, but for those who like their food exceedingly mild, they will love it here. The ambience, especially dining al fresco with the jazz trio on Fridays & Saturdays during the summer, was a real treat!!!! I will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticSharon0719VIPDined on 7/19/2014Everything was great as usual. we dined outside in their lovely garden where they have jazz musicians playing on Friday and Saturday nights. There was a cool breeze which made it even nicer. It was my birthday and the restaurant staff was very nice to me and exceeded all expectations.Special Features:
- DecentOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/12/2014Pasta dish was very good. The main entrees (e.g. rib eye, veal chop, shrimp) seemed only so-so. Ate in one of the dining rooms and although reasonable noise level we felt a little closed in. Next time will opt for patio seating outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food in Great Fallstaustell3Dined on 7/7/2014Yes, we have a great French restaurant in Great Falls, but we also have an absolutely outstanding Italian restaurant here too. Dante's is a very authentic fine dining experience, with a Chef who demonstrates attention to detail and flexibility for the customer's specific interests. The wait staff is very responsive and connected to the entire experience on behalf of the dining patron. Be sure to check out the various room options, which can be tailored to meet the private needs of small and large numbers of guests. All in all, a terrific evening at Dante's Ristorante.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delightfulhappystomachDined on 6/28/2014Whether a quick dinner for two, extended family, or special occasion for dozens, Dante's always welcomes us with the hospitality, good food and wine you'd expect in Italy. Love the old historic house, quiet setting and especially the gardens and fountains in the summer.Special Features:
- Service was offPZPMPDined on 6/28/2014The patio was a delightful surprise with a small jazz band. It was bordered by high hedges so you could believe you were not surrounded by the congestion of Great Falls. Our reservation was for 6:30 so the initial service was fine until the number of diners increased. It took an inordinate amount of time to order & receive our second round of drinks & receive our entrees. Two diners didn't get their salads. The food was better than average. From the beginning we asked for two checks: one for each couple. After two attempts, the waiter still couldn't get it right. We just paid it as is and worked out the difference between us. I think the wait staff was under resourced. I would hate to believe our experience was typical.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 226 reviews are from the Dante Ristorante reviews archive.
- Outdoor DinnerOmarVIPDined on 6/24/2014The restaurant has a great outdo patio, and on every Tuesday they have a barbecue. We had the steak barbecued outdoors by the chef Gisuseppe, served with grilled corn on the cob and potato salad. It was a memorable evening!!Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceNowAndThenDined on 6/23/2014Went to Dante's to celebrate a birthday. Was my first time there (went based on Open Table reviews). Sat outside on the porch on a beautiful Monday evening (so it wasn't crowded, thus the moderate noise level). Very nice setting. Service was excellent and friendly (though I did not ask for it, our server brought our dessert with a candle in honor of the birthday celebrant). My buffalo mozzarella, tomato and basil appetizer and ribeye main dish were excellent, a bit better than my companion's salad and veal eggplant (which was still very good). It was a very nice and inviting setting, which perhaps was why we were the last to leave. The staff was quite nice about not pushing us out though it was after the "official" closing time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great place to dine.VernVIPDined on 6/20/2014I've been to this wonderful restaurant several times and I've always been impressed. The staff, the food, the ambience is top of the line. Great for a special evening with the lady you want to impress and love.Special Features:
- Great for s family dinnerredeaterDined on 6/20/2014Getting our adult children and their spouses to join us for dinner is never an issue when they hear we are going to Dante - they change their plans if necessary. While the folks on the patio seemed to be enjoying the combo playing outside on a Friday evening, we celebrated in a lovely secluded upstairs room. As always, the food was delicious from appetizers through desserts. The service was attentive, although the food delivery was a little bit slower than usual, perhaps because of a large Friday crowd? The food was certainly worth waiting for - our crowd was excited the Linguine with lobster and crabmeat was one of the specials and they weren't disappointed. Thanks again to Tammy and Giuseppe for another wonderful evening at Dante's.Special Features:
- GreatlucyjaneVIPDined on 6/6/2014The service and food were great! I would definitely recommend this restaurant! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- MoniDined on 5/31/2014I've been at Dante Ristorante before, but always during the winter. After reading reviews at open table I found out the option of eating outside with real life classical band. It was a great surprise. We came in and stayed near the bar (a room with three separate tables.) while the outdoor seating was vacated. I enjoyed seating at the bar, due to the privacy. We were the only ones there. I truly enjoyed the food. Them being able to make half a pasta dish as an appetizer has always been well liked by me, so I actually taste two different dishes. The service was a bit on the slow side. Maybe it was a busy night. I was not in a rush, but had a babysitter. I actually thought twice before asking for dessert, afraid of taking too long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sightseerDined on 5/31/2014Nice outdoor garden atmosphere. Lobster tail a bit tough. Crab meat stuffing excellent. Baked shrimp excellent Overall - remains a top local restaurant that we know well.Special Features:
- Fabulous!happy43rdDined on 5/29/2014We went to Dante's for our 43rd anniversary, and were so pleased. The ambience, service and food were excellent and we were so happy with our choice. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dante's remains a winnerthehappydinerDined on 5/29/2014We've been going to Dante's occasionally for the 20 years we've lived in Great Falls. There's never been a bad meal and the service is nicely attentive without going over the top. The atmosphere is perfect because the many small rooms of @5-6 tables allow for intimate dining, and a larger room accommodates more diners if you prefer a more active experience. There's also a room that works well for fairly large groups to dine at one time.Special Features:
- Dante Ristorante DisappointsopendinerDined on 5/17/2014We dined at Dante this past Saturday, May 17th. The restaurant was very cozy and quaint. The food very good. Unfortuantely, the waitstaff fell far short. The waiter assigned to our table was very slow to either notice that we needed something (hand raised like in school) or act after noticing our hand up. We had to beg for more wine, parmesan and cracked pepper. The restaurant was full, so we were at a loss as to why it was so hard for him (our waiter) to respond or know to check on our table. I was dumbfounded that we had to ask for parmesan for our pasta, and again shocked that the parmesan was grated, not freshly grated from a block of cheese. We won't go back.Special Features:
- Oldie but goodieOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/10/2014This was our first visit. It's an old house converted to a restaurant, so the dining areas are rooms in the house. We sat upstairs in a room with 6 tables and 5 were occupied, so it got pretty noisy. They seemed understaffed, so service was extremely slow, but still friendly. The menu was VERY dated (felt like stepping back in time to the 1960's) but it was all delicious, well made, and generous portions. Overall a unique experience and a welcome break from boring chains.y only real complaint is the chairs were incredibly uncomfortable, so we skipped dessert because we couldn't sit any longer. There is a large outdoor space which appears perfect for casual outdoor dining or wine drinking on beautiful nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- last minute reservationfussycustomerDined on 4/26/2014It was saturday evening @ 5pm. I found Dantes on open table. They accepted a reservation of 12 for the same saturday @ 7pm. I made note it was a birthday event. When we arrived, we were promptly seated in a lovely, private room with attentive service. And for the kids they even offered some options that were not on the menu. At the conclusion of our most satisfactory meal, with no further request, they provided some birthday dessert. A all around wonderful experience. Dantes is located in a restored victorian farm house. My one regret is not taking the opportunity to see more of the establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!Sharon0719VIPDined on 4/19/2014This place was fantastic! It was such a great find. I think the food was the best Italian food I've ever had and I lived in Italy for a year. The waiter was also very attentive and the restaurant is in a charming historic house complete with linen tablecloths and china.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and attentive service.HarleyDined on 4/12/2014Excellent and attentive service. Wonderful food. The waiter even suggested that my selection could be prepared in a variety of ways and offered me off-the-menu choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my 4th visit in 3JoeeatsDined on 4/5/2014This was my 4th visit in 3 months and it pleased me each time. Food and service were excellent.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and environmentEnviroDineDined on 3/29/2014This was my second occasion. The first time, in the summer, our party was seated on the verandah and were treated to wonderful jazz. The second was late, at the end of winter in the rain, when my party was indoors. Both times were lovely evenings -- great food, a special environment, excellent wine list, and attentive service. The building even has an interesting history.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemDanDDined on 3/19/2014The restaurant is in an old house, each room a dining room, two floors. In the summer they open a small patio with live music. Always great food and interesting wine selection. It's in my neighborhood and I've been going here for years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Italian DiningMaplesWillVIPDined on 3/15/2014The sampler of 3 pastas we had for an appetizer was excellent. I has the Osso Bucco with risotto and my wife had the grilled veal chop. Bother were very tasty. We haven't been to Dante in several years, but will likely be back before long.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/7/2014In a charming old Victorian home, cozy comfortable feel. All 4 of us had fish - salmon, swordfish and Sea Bass - all excellent, perfectly prepared, generous portion! Pleasant service, just a little on the slow side. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars for the food is because the scallops wrapped in bacon appetizer was too salty and seemed fried. Server recommended the Panna cotta for dessert and it was outstanding - also made in-house for a bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistentBGoldDined on 3/7/2014Been there e a number of times and the food and ambience is always excellentSpecial Features: