1148 Walker Road
Great Falls, VA 22066Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.danterestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7037593131
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giuseppe Di Benigno
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Dante Restaurant offers private dining rooms to accommodate from 6 to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Giuseppe Di Benigno 7037593131
- Entertainment: On special occasions Dante Restaurant offers light jazz on the patio.
A word from Dante Ristorante
Dante Restaurant is located in the historic Leigh House, a beautifully renovated Victorian mansion. It is known for its fine Italian cuisine, elegant service, and uniquely warm and inviting atmosphere. Nestled in the lush countryside of Great Falls, Virginia, Dante is just minutes from Tysons Corner and Reston Town Center.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Dante Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Great Falls ›
Dante Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)romantic (41)great for outdoor dining (38)neighborhood gem (32)fit for foodies (21)good for groups (14)notable wine list (12)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Nice, but an extravaganceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Wife had Osso Bucco, veal shank on bed of Risotto and I had Veal Scallopine w/eggplant & provolone with a creamy tomato sauce and a side of mixed vegetables. Both dishes were beautifully presented and were delicious. Mine needed salt, but that's my taste. For dessert my wife had Panna Cotta and I had the chocolate/hazelnut mousse cake. Again, nicely presented and delicious however, my wife's dessert was described in the menu as "served with berries" and she got one raspberry and one sliced strawberry. While technically correct, two berries on an 8$ dessert seemed a bit on the cheap side. Very good food & fab service. A "Special Occasions Only" place.Special Features:
- AdequatePopsVIPDined on 8/13/2014We are first time diners who came here for a celebratory dinner. The vision projected on their website was somewhat inconsistent with reality. The "mansion" is really just a large house on a main road with truck, car and motocycle traffic passing by if you choose to eat on the porch. The signature dish, of mixed seafood had an abundance of annoying little clams with too little meat and a lot of work to shell them. Desserts were standard tiramisu, chocolate cake, etc. etc. The house wines by the glass do not show any pedigree... pinot, cabernet, sangiovese is the only description on the menu. The dinner wasn't bad, just ho-hum.
- Not as good as last timeBafflesDined on 8/9/2014Still love this place. This was my second time here. It may have been where we were seated, but it seemed much noisier this time. It required you to talk fairly loud to have a conversation. Not sports bar loud but louder than you would expect for a place like this. We started with the dried beef appetizer which is unbelievable. I had the beef tenderloin which rivals the best steakhouse anywhere. My date had the sole and she loved it. The first time we came here the service was exactly on time every time. This time, everything took a long time including 10 minutes to get coffee after they cleared our plates and took our dessert order. All that said, the cost of this type of food and ambiance can't be beat!Special Features:
- Lovely neighborhood gemCaribbeanSoulDined on 8/9/2014I went to this restaurant 20 years ago , and I must say, it has really improved wonderfully. I literally have not been back since then, and only gave it another try based upon the excellent reviews of other patrons. Thank goodness! What I discovered was a much improved menu and much improved cooking, frankly. I really enjoyed the food. The portions are generous, and the quality of ingredients is much better. I didn't give it 5 stars because it is still under-seasoned for my taste, but for those who like their food exceedingly mild, they will love it here. The ambience, especially dining al fresco with the jazz trio on Fridays & Saturdays during the summer, was a real treat!!!! I will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticSharon0719VIPDined on 7/19/2014Everything was great as usual. we dined outside in their lovely garden where they have jazz musicians playing on Friday and Saturday nights. There was a cool breeze which made it even nicer. It was my birthday and the restaurant staff was very nice to me and exceeded all expectations.Special Features:
- DecentOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/12/2014Pasta dish was very good. The main entrees (e.g. rib eye, veal chop, shrimp) seemed only so-so. Ate in one of the dining rooms and although reasonable noise level we felt a little closed in. Next time will opt for patio seating outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food in Great Fallstaustell3Dined on 7/7/2014Yes, we have a great French restaurant in Great Falls, but we also have an absolutely outstanding Italian restaurant here too. Dante's is a very authentic fine dining experience, with a Chef who demonstrates attention to detail and flexibility for the customer's specific interests. The wait staff is very responsive and connected to the entire experience on behalf of the dining patron. Be sure to check out the various room options, which can be tailored to meet the private needs of small and large numbers of guests. All in all, a terrific evening at Dante's Ristorante.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delightfulhappystomachDined on 6/28/2014Whether a quick dinner for two, extended family, or special occasion for dozens, Dante's always welcomes us with the hospitality, good food and wine you'd expect in Italy. Love the old historic house, quiet setting and especially the gardens and fountains in the summer.Special Features:
- Service was offPZPMPDined on 6/28/2014The patio was a delightful surprise with a small jazz band. It was bordered by high hedges so you could believe you were not surrounded by the congestion of Great Falls. Our reservation was for 6:30 so the initial service was fine until the number of diners increased. It took an inordinate amount of time to order & receive our second round of drinks & receive our entrees. Two diners didn't get their salads. The food was better than average. From the beginning we asked for two checks: one for each couple. After two attempts, the waiter still couldn't get it right. We just paid it as is and worked out the difference between us. I think the wait staff was under resourced. I would hate to believe our experience was typical.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor DinnerOmarVIPDined on 6/24/2014The restaurant has a great outdo patio, and on every Tuesday they have a barbecue. We had the steak barbecued outdoors by the chef Gisuseppe, served with grilled corn on the cob and potato salad. It was a memorable evening!!Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceNowAndThenDined on 6/23/2014Went to Dante's to celebrate a birthday. Was my first time there (went based on Open Table reviews). Sat outside on the porch on a beautiful Monday evening (so it wasn't crowded, thus the moderate noise level). Very nice setting. Service was excellent and friendly (though I did not ask for it, our server brought our dessert with a candle in honor of the birthday celebrant). My buffalo mozzarella, tomato and basil appetizer and ribeye main dish were excellent, a bit better than my companion's salad and veal eggplant (which was still very good). It was a very nice and inviting setting, which perhaps was why we were the last to leave. The staff was quite nice about not pushing us out though it was after the "official" closing time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great place to dine.VernVIPDined on 6/20/2014I've been to this wonderful restaurant several times and I've always been impressed. The staff, the food, the ambience is top of the line. Great for a special evening with the lady you want to impress and love.Special Features:
- Great for s family dinnerredeaterDined on 6/20/2014Getting our adult children and their spouses to join us for dinner is never an issue when they hear we are going to Dante - they change their plans if necessary. While the folks on the patio seemed to be enjoying the combo playing outside on a Friday evening, we celebrated in a lovely secluded upstairs room. As always, the food was delicious from appetizers through desserts. The service was attentive, although the food delivery was a little bit slower than usual, perhaps because of a large Friday crowd? The food was certainly worth waiting for - our crowd was excited the Linguine with lobster and crabmeat was one of the specials and they weren't disappointed. Thanks again to Tammy and Giuseppe for another wonderful evening at Dante's.Special Features:
- GreatlucyjaneVIPDined on 6/6/2014The service and food were great! I would definitely recommend this restaurant! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- MoniDined on 5/31/2014I've been at Dante Ristorante before, but always during the winter. After reading reviews at open table I found out the option of eating outside with real life classical band. It was a great surprise. We came in and stayed near the bar (a room with three separate tables.) while the outdoor seating was vacated. I enjoyed seating at the bar, due to the privacy. We were the only ones there. I truly enjoyed the food. Them being able to make half a pasta dish as an appetizer has always been well liked by me, so I actually taste two different dishes. The service was a bit on the slow side. Maybe it was a busy night. I was not in a rush, but had a babysitter. I actually thought twice before asking for dessert, afraid of taking too long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sightseerDined on 5/31/2014Nice outdoor garden atmosphere. Lobster tail a bit tough. Crab meat stuffing excellent. Baked shrimp excellent Overall - remains a top local restaurant that we know well.Special Features:
- Fabulous!happy43rdDined on 5/29/2014We went to Dante's for our 43rd anniversary, and were so pleased. The ambience, service and food were excellent and we were so happy with our choice. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dante's remains a winnerthehappydinerDined on 5/29/2014We've been going to Dante's occasionally for the 20 years we've lived in Great Falls. There's never been a bad meal and the service is nicely attentive without going over the top. The atmosphere is perfect because the many small rooms of @5-6 tables allow for intimate dining, and a larger room accommodates more diners if you prefer a more active experience. There's also a room that works well for fairly large groups to dine at one time.Special Features:
- Dante Ristorante DisappointsopendinerDined on 5/17/2014We dined at Dante this past Saturday, May 17th. The restaurant was very cozy and quaint. The food very good. Unfortuantely, the waitstaff fell far short. The waiter assigned to our table was very slow to either notice that we needed something (hand raised like in school) or act after noticing our hand up. We had to beg for more wine, parmesan and cracked pepper. The restaurant was full, so we were at a loss as to why it was so hard for him (our waiter) to respond or know to check on our table. I was dumbfounded that we had to ask for parmesan for our pasta, and again shocked that the parmesan was grated, not freshly grated from a block of cheese. We won't go back.Special Features:
- Oldie but goodieOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/10/2014This was our first visit. It's an old house converted to a restaurant, so the dining areas are rooms in the house. We sat upstairs in a room with 6 tables and 5 were occupied, so it got pretty noisy. They seemed understaffed, so service was extremely slow, but still friendly. The menu was VERY dated (felt like stepping back in time to the 1960's) but it was all delicious, well made, and generous portions. Overall a unique experience and a welcome break from boring chains.y only real complaint is the chairs were incredibly uncomfortable, so we skipped dessert because we couldn't sit any longer. There is a large outdoor space which appears perfect for casual outdoor dining or wine drinking on beautiful nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 215 reviews are from the Dante Ristorante reviews archive.
- last minute reservationfussycustomerDined on 4/26/2014It was saturday evening @ 5pm. I found Dantes on open table. They accepted a reservation of 12 for the same saturday @ 7pm. I made note it was a birthday event. When we arrived, we were promptly seated in a lovely, private room with attentive service. And for the kids they even offered some options that were not on the menu. At the conclusion of our most satisfactory meal, with no further request, they provided some birthday dessert. A all around wonderful experience. Dantes is located in a restored victorian farm house. My one regret is not taking the opportunity to see more of the establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!Sharon0719VIPDined on 4/19/2014This place was fantastic! It was such a great find. I think the food was the best Italian food I've ever had and I lived in Italy for a year. The waiter was also very attentive and the restaurant is in a charming historic house complete with linen tablecloths and china.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and attentive service.HarleyDined on 4/12/2014Excellent and attentive service. Wonderful food. The waiter even suggested that my selection could be prepared in a variety of ways and offered me off-the-menu choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my 4th visit in 3JoeeatsDined on 4/5/2014This was my 4th visit in 3 months and it pleased me each time. Food and service were excellent.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and environmentEnviroDineDined on 3/29/2014This was my second occasion. The first time, in the summer, our party was seated on the verandah and were treated to wonderful jazz. The second was late, at the end of winter in the rain, when my party was indoors. Both times were lovely evenings -- great food, a special environment, excellent wine list, and attentive service. The building even has an interesting history.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemDanDDined on 3/19/2014The restaurant is in an old house, each room a dining room, two floors. In the summer they open a small patio with live music. Always great food and interesting wine selection. It's in my neighborhood and I've been going here for years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Italian DiningMaplesWillVIPDined on 3/15/2014The sampler of 3 pastas we had for an appetizer was excellent. I has the Osso Bucco with risotto and my wife had the grilled veal chop. Bother were very tasty. We haven't been to Dante in several years, but will likely be back before long.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/7/2014In a charming old Victorian home, cozy comfortable feel. All 4 of us had fish - salmon, swordfish and Sea Bass - all excellent, perfectly prepared, generous portion! Pleasant service, just a little on the slow side. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars for the food is because the scallops wrapped in bacon appetizer was too salty and seemed fried. Server recommended the Panna cotta for dessert and it was outstanding - also made in-house for a bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistentBGoldDined on 3/7/2014Been there e a number of times and the food and ambience is always excellentSpecial Features:
- Good Wine Great FoodSignoreDined on 2/14/2014Having found this restaurant on the internet I didn't know what to expect. What I found surpassed all expectations. The staff was immediately attentive and my table was ready for us even though we arrived a whole half hour early. From beginning to a very late end (our party of 6 was the last to depart) we were treated with the utmost professionalism and respect. THE FOOD was immaculate and the wine list superb. This is a great hideout for a romantic sneak away or a random let's eat out night. What some may call on the medium to pricey side, I think was worth it end to end. Appetizers and aperitif to desert and after dinner liqueur, it was an experience worth repeating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day is always highScottADined on 2/14/2014Valentines Day is always high volume, and my wife and I recognize that, so we like to celebrate great food and bath oursleves in attentive service in an energetic atmosphere. Dante's didn't disappoint! You seldom see the owner and executive chef of a restaurant both walk around to greet the guests these days, particularly on a high volume night like this. They handle it with poise and grace. Very personable and confident - they should be! Extremely attentive wait staff - they do not "bother you" when you are engaged in deep conversation, and wait for the first break to come to your table. Amazing stuff. I would recommend them to any couple looking for a nice meal in a romantic setting with outstanding food and serivce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Choice for Birthday DinnerBradestDined on 2/7/2014We arrived early and were taken upstairs to a back room with a number of occupied tables. We were seated promptly , but had to wait 15 minutes for our order to be taken. We did not order drinks, which appeared to be of concern for our waiter. Th real problem with the dinner was the following: 1. Spinach Salad was not baby spinach, but regular spinach. The spinach was tough, the walnuts were not cooked or candied, giving a bitter taste that made the salad tough to eat. 2. My Rockfish with Crab was under cooked and tasted fishy 3. One table was talking so loud, we could not enjoy the meal. While the last issue is not within the control of the restaurant, it was just another issue that contributed to the bad evening.
- great place for a group ofdoroDined on 2/1/2014great place for a group of close friends/family. you get your own private room, the food is great, the service is superb and the prices are in line with most other restaurants of this caliber even though nowhere else do you get your own private room. i will go back again when the occasion calls for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian restaurantEduardoVIPDined on 2/1/2014Excellent food and a outstanding wine list including some out of path, great Italian wines.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/31/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Dante's. Excellent food, great service with a personal touch, and a nice atmosphere. Would highly recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We eat at Dante's frequentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/31/2014We eat at Dante's frequently -- it always is great!Special Features:
- Savor Dante'sChef22Dined on 1/31/2014Dante's is a lovely, cozy spot with great food and excellent service. Our table enjoyed various salads, rockfish, Chilean sea bass, veal and spinach ravioli. The bread basket tasted housemade and included four varieties. Nice wine list and my cocktail was perfectly prepared. Not cheap but not over-priced; good value overall. Do not rush your meal; this is a place to enjoy slowly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a nice, quiet restaurantroverVIPDined on 1/24/2014This is a nice, quiet restaurant that still has cloth table cloths. Great food, too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dante's private roomsdiningwellDined on 1/18/2014Dante's restaurant has always been a treat for private dining but in past years the food was sometimes rated as fair to good. I am pleased to say that the current menu is more robust and the food is excellent quality and taste! A joy to dine there now. Some of the staff have issues with English but that is a minor issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New MenuCindyDined on 1/17/2014Although we have eaten at Dante's many times over 20 years, our dinner Saturday evening was superb. We have always enjoyed Dante's and it is one of our favorites. Giuseppe, the owner/chef, has changed the menu and added a number of new selections, two of which we ordered Saturday and both were delicious. The restaurant is charming, the service outstanding and the food very well prepared and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.