Dante Ristorante Pizzeria
16901 Wright Plaza
Omaha, NE 68130Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Dante Ristorante Pizzeria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dantepizzeria.com/
- Phone: 4029323078x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 11 am - Close
Friday/Saturday 11 am - Close
Sunday 12 pm - Close
Monday - Friday 4-6:30
Half-price wine Thursdays & Sundays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Nick Strawhecker
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact us regarding our mobile, wood-fired pizza oven, The Inferno.
- Private Party Facilities: Dante is happy to accommodate parties of any size/occasion, including buy-out bookings. For more information please contact the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Nick Strawhecker 4029323078x
- Entertainment: Bocce Bar - FREE to play
Bocce is one of the oldest games on earth. Similar to lawn bowling or shuffleboard, it is played on a long court and can be played with two teams of two. Dante has a 40 foot indoor court made of authentic “Bocce Turf” and is one of only a handful of indoor Bocce courts in operation throughout the entire country.
A word from Dante Ristorante Pizzeria
Dante is Omaha’s only restaurant specializing in wood-fired Neapolitan pizza and rustic Italian cuisine, featuring ingredient-driven dishes with fresh produce from local farmers. We are committed to providing our guests an authentic Italian experience, from our all Italian wine list to our menu to our indoor bocce court.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Dante Ristorante Pizzeria - Best Restaurants in West Omaha ›
Dante Ristorante Pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (77)notable wine list (62)neighborhood gem (60)hot spot (47)great for lunch (41)good for groups (39)great for outdoor dining (38)special occasion (38)vibrant bar scene (25)romantic (18)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (10)great for brunch (5)Show More
- Fabulous dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014Dante has the best food in Omaha IMHO. The margherita pizza is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much more than pizza!MaryDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I are foodies (we cook-not critique :D) and absolutely loved the menu and especially our choices last Friday night. The salad with pistachio brittle and pears was delicious, the margherita pizza spot on (love the crust!), brussels sprouts with house guanciale and lemon was perfectly browned and rich, and the butternut squash ravioli with apples was a treat. We had a group of four and shared all of our choices. It was fun and delicious. The waitress was very helpful as we navigated the impressive selection of Italian wines. When my friends want to meet southwest, Dante's is always my top choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Meal & ServiceMKHuskerDined on 10/15/2014Dante brings so many things to the table, so to speak, that my wife and I continue to be regulars despite the fact we live on the other side of town. We shared the arugula & house pastrami to start, followed by the butternut squash tortellini and the Sicilian flatbread. I have two words to describe the meal: flavor country. The food here never misses the mark. The service was excellent as well, and it was a hopping joint late into a Wednesday evening. If you like food and are not a philistine, then you will LOVE Dante.Special Features:
- Good West Omaha RestaurantnkirklinVIPDined on 10/8/2014Very enjoyable, exceeded my expectations. Service was excellent, food was very good, bar options were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillVIPDined on 10/5/2014Fabulous food as always! Started out known for their pizza, but it is their other entrees that make the meal out of the ordinary.Special Features:
- Dante'sdatenitedinerDined on 10/3/2014We were seated promptly and the service was excellent. Meatballs are amazing! The pizza was good, but the bottom of the crust was burned and left a bad taste. The wine recommendations was perfect.Special Features:
- Great pizzaLpstckgrl1Dined on 10/3/2014Dante's has amazing pizza - every one I have tried is delicious. I also highly recommend the ricotta appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodPizzaloverDined on 9/28/2014Our dinner was amazing! We started off with the steamed mussels and luscious meatballs. I had to have my favorite lemon thyme salad and it certainly didn't disappoint! We shared 3 of the most amazing entrees and the portion sizes were perfect to share! I would definitely recommend Dante's as it is a fun place to go. The servers are amazingly attentive and your drinks never get low!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteJulesDined on 9/26/2014We love Dante's, and took special friends for the evening. We usually sit at the bar but say down below because of the number of us. There were some very boisterous groups dining that evening so it was a bit noisy. Not Dante's fault, but we didn't stay after dinner so we could get to a quieter atmosphere. We will definitely go back and they deserve 5 stars for what they can control.Special Features:
- Just okKrbr85Dined on 9/21/2014I chose this place because I have heard awesome stuff! It was just fine. Nothing special or bad to note. Maybe lunch was a poor choice, as the menu was very limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dante's is fresh and fabulousTerryRDined on 9/20/2014Six of us enjoyed dinner at Dante's. The appetizer menu offer a great variety. We had the zucchini Frita which we always have to have and the warm mozzarella with toasted cherry tomatoes and pesto toast. We order extra toasted bread so we have enough for that warm melty cheese. The entree menu offered choices for all people in our party including a vegetarian. All of the meals were full of fresh and fabulous flavors!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillVIPDined on 9/14/2014We partook in the Omaha Restaurant Week menu offerings, and they were excellent.Special Features:
- love this foodFoodloverDined on 9/13/2014Dante's is one of our favorite restaurants. it has the most amazing pizza but we were thrilled to have the scallopini back on the menu for restaurant week. Our server was a little snobby but the food is worth it.Special Features:
- restaurant weekjudesterVIPDined on 9/13/2014Went for husbands birthday during resturant week. Waitress was not to personable or helpful. Pork dish was not fresh and tough. Appetizer dishes and dessert was good. Restaurant week was better in 2013.
- West O's FinestbillDined on 9/6/2014the best pizza and italian food in Omaha. Period.Special Features:
- Amazing!!ddameDined on 9/6/2014Our party of 10 had the best experience at Dante. The table ordered a variety of appetizers and entrees and passed them around. They were too good not to share, each plate was outstanding! The cocktail and wine list is superb and the service was spot on. Dante is a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Lacking...OmahacubfanDined on 9/5/2014The food was okay, however we ordered a bottle of wine and a single glass was delivered. Also ordered an appetizer and it never was delivered. Had to ask for refills on beverages and for our check. Not what you'd expect from a popular restaurant with a relatively pricey menu.
- Wonderful from beginning to endPitchmouthDined on 9/5/2014The staff is friendly and informative. You have to try the ALL "Ryed" UP, amazingly delicious! You can't go wrong with any of their pizzas. I would highly recommend going here if you want a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dine.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Delicious traditional pizza and ordering the meatballs is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JobeDined on 8/23/2014This is one of families absolute favorite restaurants to eat at! We love the charcuterie board with all the delicious meats and cheeses. The Guiseppe pizza is our favorite! Always look forward to a family meal at Dante!Special Features:
- A FavoritecngibiDined on 8/21/2014Dante's is a great place to go for something new and different. We love their pizzas. Great place and great food!Special Features:
- Never FailsJerseyBluesVIPDined on 8/17/2014We have dined now at Dante's almost 100 times. It remains one of the best restaurant's in Omaha. It's not just the Pizza which as a boy from New Jersey can attest to - it is extremely good - but the new courses Chef Nick comes up with never fail to impress. Adam the GM is a wonderful host and always makes us feel welcome. The wait staff are well trained and observant without hovering. Food comes when promised and plates are removed at a reasonable time after you have (BOTH) completed your meal. The way it is supposed to be. Removing one diners plate before others have completed makes that person feel very awkward. A simple thing more waiters should learn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WEST Os BESTbillDined on 8/10/2014When you look around Dante's on any given night you can see that the crowd is made up of people who like locally gown, fresh, made in house (for the most part) true Italian cuisine. Even the Pizza is unique and visually stunning. And the staff while often very busy makes a great effort to be friendly and helpful. My wife and I go there once a weeks.Special Features:
- good time for allawesomesauceDined on 8/8/2014They bathrooms were very clean, as long very nice and friendly. We had a group of 7 and when we got there we didn't have to wait a long time but when we finely sat down they gave us a free appetizer for not having our table ready when we walked in. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedMrMunchDined on 8/8/2014For the price, the food wasn't too impressive. Not my favorite type of foodSpecial Features:
- Great food with local ingredientsTerryRDined on 8/3/2014I met friends here to celebrate my recent retirement. We started with a nice crisp white wine, zucchini fritti,and the warm mozzarella appetizer. They were all delicious. The variety of choices from pasta, to pizza, to entree specials worked well for all of us. Dante's does a great job with fresh local ingredients. The menu changes frequently based upon what is in season, and it remains great no matter what is on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect wood fire pizzaOmahastarDined on 8/1/2014Everything was perfect. Our server was super nice, the pizza was delicious, the wine was great and not too expensive and we got a free sample of dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious little stopFoodies541102047VIPDined on 7/30/2014Dinner at Dante was enjoyable. We stopped in with an open table reservation. Had a drink and an app on the happy hour menu then went to the table outside to dine alfresco. Just lovely. The house wine was great and the service was attentive. I would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic, Rustic Italian PastasviciouspirateDined on 7/26/2014The culture of generous hospitality, the depth of options on the clear & accessible menu, the professionalism & attentiveness of the staff, and the caliber of the wine list are all impressive, and the FOOD IS INCREDIBLE. Dante is just stunning. The pizzas at Dante are hands-down the best in Omaha. The pasta dishes are exceptional in every way, each of them perfectly prepared. The gentle complexity of the pastas really makes Dante one of Omaha's finest dining options. And chef Nick Strawhecker has elevated the standard for culinary excellence in the city. You MUST visit to Dante for an exploration for how authentic, rustic Italian food needs to be experienced.Special Features:
- Benisimo2leftshoesDined on 7/23/2014We always love going to Dante. Their pizza is true to Neipalitan style and reminds us of our trip to Italy. Love the farm to table and selection of local brews.Special Features:
- Delicious brick-oven pizzapizzapizzaDined on 7/22/2014We will be stopping here for pizza the next time we head West. The rest of the imaginative and locally-sourced menu looks great, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High Quality/Good Value FareJerseyFoodieVIPDined on 7/21/2014Features locally grown fare - we were in town from New Jersey looking for a local restaurant serving Italian fare after several nights of (what else) steak and found Dante via Open Table. It did not disappoint serving a range of pizza options and some limited Italian dinner options. Of note was a special featuring a bottle of wine (Italian red or white) and a pizza for $24! We opted for this and added two appetizers: Zucchini chips and a watermelon dish that both exceeded expectations. The Zucchini chips are a must try (we had two servings!). We finished with two deserts which we shared: the various doughnuts and a roasted peach - both excellent! We'd go back in a New York (Jersey actually) minute! Bill less than $70 - good value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed this time...Omaha1DinerDined on 7/19/2014We love the food here, but the service is less than desirable. We like to order several dishes to be shared amongst our party. We told the server this, but the food runner just plopped the large salad in front of one of us. We had no plates and no serving utensils. The same thing happened with the pasta entrée and pizza. Server was nice, but not attentive to our needs at all. We have dined here on several occasions, but the friends we brought with us will probably not be back. I was embarrassed as this was my restaurant recommendation. Even on previous dining occasions here, the servers don't seem well trained, seem extremely rushed, and unorganized. Such a shame as the food is excellent.Special Features:
- THE BEST PIZZA IN OMAHABarbVIPDined on 7/16/2014I just keep coming back for the best Pizza in Omaha, thin crust and fresh ingredients. Plus the butterscotch dessert is to die for, a hint it is very rich, one is good to splite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daily special was truly specialTerryRDined on 7/12/2014I took my family to Dante's to celebrate a family birthday. The menu was full of seasonally fresh items. I ordered the whole roasted fish with a lovely garbanzo bean salad. The fish was cooked perfectly. Everyone who sampled it thought it was great. Others in our group had pasta. It was delicious. We shared a salad and some side vegetables. Service was great! We finished the meal with warm doughnuts rolled in crushed pistachios. It was not too sweet and just amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than great pizzaSteakmanVIPDined on 7/12/2014If you want more than just great pizza, Dante delivers! The F2T menu offers a wide variety of great dining gems. We had a pizza with a duck terrine and entre.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014We have been going to Dante's for many years and have found the food, service and ambience to be fantastic! However, lately the menu has been very limited for entree's and deserts. Our last visit was the worst! There was nothing on the menu that the four of us wanted to order and we ended up ordering pizza. That being said, the pizza was OKAY but a little burnt. I also noticed that almost everyone must have felt the same as the pizza's were on most tables.
- Always awesomehappyRedheadDined on 7/10/2014We are weekly regulars at Dante's to savor the creative, seasonal, delicious offerings from cocktails, appetizers, pastas, entrees and of course, pizza. The staff are knowledgeable about food and wine plus make an effort to get to know their customers. I've brought friends who were skeptical about the restaurant and walked away fans. Sit at the bar and have Dustin make you a cocktail and ask Adam for wine selections that change often. I look forward to my next dining experience. Here's to Nick and his staff!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dante's is fabulousTerryRDined on 7/5/2014We had a fabulous meal at Dante's. They use the freshest ingredients! The meal started with fried zucchini chips. My friends had pasta dishes that were divine. I had scallops and risotto with summer squash. It was great. We finished the meal with a roasted peach, sautéed cherries, homemade granola, and whipped cream! Yum! Yum! We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good!MTScooterDined on 7/3/2014Their woodfire pizzas are wonderful! We try a different appetizer each time we go and have never been disappointed. Wonderful wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 583 reviews are from the Dante Ristorante Pizzeria reviews archive.