Dante Ristorante Pizzeria
16901 Wright Plaza
Omaha, NE 68130Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Dante Ristorante Pizzeria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dantepizzeria.com/
- Phone: 4029323078x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 11 am - Close
Friday/Saturday 11 am - Close
Sunday 12 pm - Close
Monday - Friday 4-6:30
Half-price wine Thursdays & Sundays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Nick Strawhecker
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact us regarding our mobile, wood-fired pizza oven, The Inferno.
- Private Party Facilities: Dante is happy to accommodate parties of any size/occasion, including buy-out bookings. For more information please contact the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Nick Strawhecker 4029323078x
- Entertainment: Bocce Bar - FREE to play
Bocce is one of the oldest games on earth. Similar to lawn bowling or shuffleboard, it is played on a long court and can be played with two teams of two. Dante has a 40 foot indoor court made of authentic “Bocce Turf” and is one of only a handful of indoor Bocce courts in operation throughout the entire country.
A word from Dante Ristorante Pizzeria
Dante is Omaha’s only restaurant specializing in wood-fired Neapolitan pizza and rustic Italian cuisine, featuring ingredient-driven dishes with fresh produce from local farmers. We are committed to providing our guests an authentic Italian experience, from our all Italian wine list to our menu to our indoor bocce court.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Dante Ristorante Pizzeria - Best Restaurants in West Omaha ›
Dante Ristorante Pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (85)neighborhood gem (70)notable wine list (68)special occasion (52)hot spot (51)great for outdoor dining (51)great for lunch (45)good for groups (43)romantic (35)vibrant bar scene (27)kid-friendly (22)great for brunch (11)late-night find (11)Show More
- Great place to dine.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Delicious traditional pizza and ordering the meatballs is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JobeDined on 8/23/2014This is one of families absolute favorite restaurants to eat at! We love the charcuterie board with all the delicious meats and cheeses. The Guiseppe pizza is our favorite! Always look forward to a family meal at Dante!Special Features:
- A FavoritecngibiDined on 8/21/2014Dante's is a great place to go for something new and different. We love their pizzas. Great place and great food!Special Features:
- Never FailsJerseyBluesVIPDined on 8/17/2014We have dined now at Dante's almost 100 times. It remains one of the best restaurant's in Omaha. It's not just the Pizza which as a boy from New Jersey can attest to - it is extremely good - but the new courses Chef Nick comes up with never fail to impress. Adam the GM is a wonderful host and always makes us feel welcome. The wait staff are well trained and observant without hovering. Food comes when promised and plates are removed at a reasonable time after you have (BOTH) completed your meal. The way it is supposed to be. Removing one diners plate before others have completed makes that person feel very awkward. A simple thing more waiters should learn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WEST Os BESTbillDined on 8/10/2014When you look around Dante's on any given night you can see that the crowd is made up of people who like locally gown, fresh, made in house (for the most part) true Italian cuisine. Even the Pizza is unique and visually stunning. And the staff while often very busy makes a great effort to be friendly and helpful. My wife and I go there once a weeks.Special Features:
- good time for allawesomesauceDined on 8/8/2014They bathrooms were very clean, as long very nice and friendly. We had a group of 7 and when we got there we didn't have to wait a long time but when we finely sat down they gave us a free appetizer for not having our table ready when we walked in. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedMrMunchDined on 8/8/2014For the price, the food wasn't too impressive. Not my favorite type of foodSpecial Features:
- Great food with local ingredientsTerryRDined on 8/3/2014I met friends here to celebrate my recent retirement. We started with a nice crisp white wine, zucchini fritti,and the warm mozzarella appetizer. They were all delicious. The variety of choices from pasta, to pizza, to entree specials worked well for all of us. Dante's does a great job with fresh local ingredients. The menu changes frequently based upon what is in season, and it remains great no matter what is on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect wood fire pizzaOmahastarDined on 8/1/2014Everything was perfect. Our server was super nice, the pizza was delicious, the wine was great and not too expensive and we got a free sample of dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious little stopFoodies541102047VIPDined on 7/30/2014Dinner at Dante was enjoyable. We stopped in with an open table reservation. Had a drink and an app on the happy hour menu then went to the table outside to dine alfresco. Just lovely. The house wine was great and the service was attentive. I would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic, Rustic Italian PastasviciouspirateDined on 7/26/2014The culture of generous hospitality, the depth of options on the clear & accessible menu, the professionalism & attentiveness of the staff, and the caliber of the wine list are all impressive, and the FOOD IS INCREDIBLE. Dante is just stunning. The pizzas at Dante are hands-down the best in Omaha. The pasta dishes are exceptional in every way, each of them perfectly prepared. The gentle complexity of the pastas really makes Dante one of Omaha's finest dining options. And chef Nick Strawhecker has elevated the standard for culinary excellence in the city. You MUST visit to Dante for an exploration for how authentic, rustic Italian food needs to be experienced.Special Features:
- Delicious brick-oven pizzapizzapizzaDined on 7/22/2014We will be stopping here for pizza the next time we head West. The rest of the imaginative and locally-sourced menu looks great, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High Quality/Good Value FareJerseyFoodieVIPDined on 7/21/2014Features locally grown fare - we were in town from New Jersey looking for a local restaurant serving Italian fare after several nights of (what else) steak and found Dante via Open Table. It did not disappoint serving a range of pizza options and some limited Italian dinner options. Of note was a special featuring a bottle of wine (Italian red or white) and a pizza for $24! We opted for this and added two appetizers: Zucchini chips and a watermelon dish that both exceeded expectations. The Zucchini chips are a must try (we had two servings!). We finished with two deserts which we shared: the various doughnuts and a roasted peach - both excellent! We'd go back in a New York (Jersey actually) minute! Bill less than $70 - good value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed this time...Omaha1DinerDined on 7/19/2014We love the food here, but the service is less than desirable. We like to order several dishes to be shared amongst our party. We told the server this, but the food runner just plopped the large salad in front of one of us. We had no plates and no serving utensils. The same thing happened with the pasta entrée and pizza. Server was nice, but not attentive to our needs at all. We have dined here on several occasions, but the friends we brought with us will probably not be back. I was embarrassed as this was my restaurant recommendation. Even on previous dining occasions here, the servers don't seem well trained, seem extremely rushed, and unorganized. Such a shame as the food is excellent.Special Features:
- Daily special was truly specialTerryRDined on 7/12/2014I took my family to Dante's to celebrate a family birthday. The menu was full of seasonally fresh items. I ordered the whole roasted fish with a lovely garbanzo bean salad. The fish was cooked perfectly. Everyone who sampled it thought it was great. Others in our group had pasta. It was delicious. We shared a salad and some side vegetables. Service was great! We finished the meal with warm doughnuts rolled in crushed pistachios. It was not too sweet and just amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than great pizzaSteakmanVIPDined on 7/12/2014If you want more than just great pizza, Dante delivers! The F2T menu offers a wide variety of great dining gems. We had a pizza with a duck terrine and entre.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014We have been going to Dante's for many years and have found the food, service and ambience to be fantastic! However, lately the menu has been very limited for entree's and deserts. Our last visit was the worst! There was nothing on the menu that the four of us wanted to order and we ended up ordering pizza. That being said, the pizza was OKAY but a little burnt. I also noticed that almost everyone must have felt the same as the pizza's were on most tables.
- Always awesomehappyRedheadDined on 7/10/2014We are weekly regulars at Dante's to savor the creative, seasonal, delicious offerings from cocktails, appetizers, pastas, entrees and of course, pizza. The staff are knowledgeable about food and wine plus make an effort to get to know their customers. I've brought friends who were skeptical about the restaurant and walked away fans. Sit at the bar and have Dustin make you a cocktail and ask Adam for wine selections that change often. I look forward to my next dining experience. Here's to Nick and his staff!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dante's is fabulousTerryRDined on 7/5/2014We had a fabulous meal at Dante's. They use the freshest ingredients! The meal started with fried zucchini chips. My friends had pasta dishes that were divine. I had scallops and risotto with summer squash. It was great. We finished the meal with a roasted peach, sautéed cherries, homemade granola, and whipped cream! Yum! Yum! We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good!MTScooterDined on 7/3/2014Their woodfire pizzas are wonderful! We try a different appetizer each time we go and have never been disappointed. Wonderful wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dante's is the bestwxgirlVIPDined on 6/21/2014This is our favorite restaurant in town. Great specials, great pizza and great wine list. Always good service and a fun place to dine. Now if they would just move closer to where we live they would be perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried and true!ddthuskerDined on 6/20/2014One of our favorites for HH or lunch/supper. Went twice in one week and enjoyed it both times.Special Features:
- Delicious and LocalSosterVIPDined on 6/18/2014I loved the fact that the menu shows where they source ingredients. Not only is the food delicious, but by eating here you are also supporting local farmers :) That is a win win for me. We had a group of 9 and absolutely everyone loved what they got. I got the risotto and it was cooked perfectly. Wish we lived in Omaha, we would eat here frequently if we did. An Overland Park, KS location would be great! Our server was also friendly and fun.Special Features:
- kgirl79Dined on 6/15/2014We love the food and the drinks. Our server was OUTSTANDING! We have been here before, but sat outside for the first time. Outside is not very nice - tables too small and unstable. Water glasses drip on your feet because the tables are wire mesh. We will definitely come back....to eat inside. Our table was pushed up against the window, but was the same size as a table for 4 - not even enough room for our group of 3.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our faves!ddthuskerDined on 6/15/2014Great place to eat and/or do HH. We love it. It is great for families and couples.Special Features:
- Ever changing menuluv2dineVIPDined on 6/7/2014Dante is an easy restaurant to visit regularly as the menu changes and is locally sourced. We love the creativity the kitchen shows and the service is excellent. The staff knows the menu and will let you enjoy the meal at your pace. Truly a great experience and the Chef/owner is often on the floor talking with guests. Keep up the great work! Oh and 1/2 price wine on a Thursday is a nice perk.Special Features:
- 1st timmerslauf12Dined on 6/7/2014Definitely enjoyed the experience will definitely return againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great & AwfulOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/6/2014I've been to Dante's many times and the wood-fired pizza is consistently awesome and all of the other food has been great until my last dining experience. Pizza was great as usual, but avoid the strawberry salad. It was a huge plate of greens which was nearly inedible. The greens came right out of a ditch with a total of one (1) small strawberry cut into a few pieces. Probably the only reason it was called a strawberry salad was because it did have (very good) strawberry dressing.Special Features:
- We Love DanteDanteDined on 6/6/2014The service would not be what we would call top notch, but the food is worth it. The hostesses have been kind to us on nights where we have forgotten to make a reservation. Our favorite dishes are the Brussels sprouts, the diavalo pizza. Without a doubt, the farm greens are amazing in their simplicity. If you like spicy, do not neglect to ask for a little chili oil, which can be drizzled on anything. Gluten free crust and pasta is great for those who have dietary restrictions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFoodNationDined on 5/30/2014I had been to Dante's before and had a great time, but this time, it was awful. When we first met our waitress, she immediately asked what we wanted to drink without introducing herself. It took her about 10 minutes to grab our drinks. We ordered our appetizer and pizza at the same time, and the appetizer came within 6 minutes. Four minutes later, the pizza came out. We felt extremely rushed and were in and out of the restaurant within 30 minutes. We only saw our waitress two times throughout the night. We wouldn't have said anything to anyone but the manager came over and asked how everything was. We told him the food was great but the service was awful. He paid for our pizza and apologized. The dinner ruined a nice birthday dinner.
- Patio pastaBadBradDined on 5/23/2014We had a pizza and the carbonara (fried egg on top was a little different) along with happy hour ricotta crostini (delicious) and red house wine. All were good. Our service was ok (had to ask for our waiter a couple of times) but we observed exceptional service at another table. A couple with a young child was seated but there were no available high chairs. The staff went to another restaurant to borrow a high chair for them. Dante's is one of the top three Italian restaurants in Omaha.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceKiraDined on 5/17/2014We had authentic Italian food, including a ravioli made with nettles that we loved for its flavor. The zucchini chips were far better than potato chips. The mussels came in a broth that was a delicious soup with very tasty bread to dip in it. The butterscotch pudding with caramel topping and whipped cream was a lovely end to the meal. The wine list is extensive. In other words, we thoroughly enjoyed the food, and the service was attentive and pleasant. The chef came out to ask how we liked the ravioli with nettles. (It was just tiny bits of high vitamin C greens--a traditional springtime dish.) We already knew the pizza was outstanding from previous visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique tasty food, great serviceBuckaboo4FoodDined on 5/14/2014The menu and wine list are short, but every selection is distinct and well priced. The chef lets the ingredients flavor (mostly from local, small producers) speak for themselves with only judicious use of spices. We tried several wonderful appetizers (the zucchini chips were outstanding), and several dishes including the pizzas (tasty, chewy dough, simple toppings packed with flavor). The wine list is packed with well priced, out of the ordinary gems from Italy. The service was prompt and unobtrusive. Terrific evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turned awayOut2LunchDined on 5/11/2014Used OpenTable to make a reservation. Upon arrival was told they were going to stop serving food and my party was turned away. I've tried this place three times now (not sure I can count it as three times since this last time I wasn't even seated). First time there was sand in our salads, second time I enjoyed the meatball sandwich and this third time I couldn't get my reservation honored.
- Mothers Day BrunchDFrederickDined on 5/11/2014This is my first time for brunch at Dante's. The food was fabulous, and menu options were more than I anticipated, and had a hard time making my choices. I will be back again for brunch as well as dinner.Special Features:
- Bravo Dante!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Went here for mothers day...had reservations..got right in!!! Our server Amanda was fantastic!! The GM Adam Weber came right over and greeted our family... very attractive man with excellent knowledge of the food and wine...killer smile and looked sharp!!! The food was to die for.. i had the carbonara which was highly recommended and tasted out of this world!! My family and i enjoyed the clean organized atmosphere... we had a great time and will be back again and again!! Kudos to Nick Strawhecker.... fabulous food fabulous from top to bottom!!! Thank you DanteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteJulesDined on 5/10/2014We love Dante's. The menu continually changes, but we can always find several things we want to have. The staff is friendly, and we will enjoy many more meals there.Special Features:
- Fantastic Pizza!smash1230Dined on 5/9/2014I had not tried their pizza until my most recent visit, otherwise I have had their appetizers and Dante Chips (yum!). The pizza was great! There were a handful of small children in the restaurant for dinner time, which I did not expect. My husband and I were on a date, but it is good to know that it is a comfortable atmosphere to bring the whole family some time.Special Features:
- The following 565 reviews are from the Dante Ristorante Pizzeria reviews archive.
- Great FindbillDined on 5/2/2014this is truly a wonderful true italian restaurant that is creative and always experimenting yet where you can always find a most predictable Pizza that is simply the best in OmahaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchBarbVIPDined on 5/2/2014the flat bread pizza and salad combo for lunch was excellent. Sausage flatbread was excellent, the green salad with lemon/thyme dressing was fantastic. Our sever (who was great) recommend the salad which was his favorite. All four of us had a great lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.