Dante Ristorante Pizzeria
16901 Wright Plaza
Omaha, NE 68130Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Dante Ristorante Pizzeria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dantepizzeria.com/
- Phone: (402) 932-3078
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 11 am - Close
Friday/Saturday 11 am - Close
Sunday 12 pm - Close
Monday - Friday 4-6:30
Half-price wine Thursdays & Sundays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Nick Strawhecker
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact us regarding our mobile, wood-fired pizza oven, The Inferno.
- Private Party Facilities: Dante is happy to accommodate parties of any size/occasion, including buy-out bookings. For more information please contact the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Nick Strawhecker 4029323078x
- Entertainment: Bocce Bar - FREE to play
Bocce is one of the oldest games on earth. Similar to lawn bowling or shuffleboard, it is played on a long court and can be played with two teams of two. Dante has a 40 foot indoor court made of authentic “Bocce Turf” and is one of only a handful of indoor Bocce courts in operation throughout the entire country.
A word from Dante Ristorante Pizzeria
Dante is Omaha’s only restaurant specializing in wood-fired Neapolitan pizza and rustic Italian cuisine, featuring ingredient-driven dishes with fresh produce from local farmers. We are committed to providing our guests an authentic Italian experience, from our all Italian wine list to our menu to our indoor bocce court.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Dante Ristorante Pizzeria - Best Restaurants in West Omaha ›
Dante Ristorante Pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (87)neighborhood gem (70)notable wine list (68)hot spot (48)good for groups (42)great for lunch (42)special occasion (41)great for outdoor dining (33)vibrant bar scene (26)romantic (23)kid-friendly (15)late-night find (8)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Outstanding West Omaha Restaurant.billDined on 11/15/2014Outstanding West Omaha Restaurant. Unique. Popular. Better get reservations tho.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat not consistentluv2dineVIPDined on 11/14/2014Dante is our favorite restaurant, and we had eaten there right after the wine dinner which was AMAZING!! The beef cheeks were a hit so we ordered it again, this time over polenta which we greatly missed on the menu! It was so good, but this time when we ordered it, the taste was totally different..too tangy and the meat was literally shredded instead of pieces as before. I understand that due to different cooks, food can be prepared differently, but this didn't even taste remotely to the first time we had it. We will still keep coming back though!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to parwinesnobVIPDined on 10/31/2014I've lost track of how many times we've been to Dante's over the years, and this is the first time we were somewhat disappointed. The entrees we selected were very good. I had a pizza and my husband had chicken gnocchi and both loved our selection. However, the appetizer was not good. We selected the calamari that came in kind of a sweet/sour sauce. The problem was that there was a lot of sauce and the calamari was almost swimming in it, causing it to become mushy. It was so sweet to me that I had to stop eating it. The other complaint was actually the menu itself. There were a lot of things missing like the antipasto plates, cheese selections, etc. Usually there is so much to choose from, it's hard to choose. Not this time.Special Features:
- Dining w Neighbors on a Fri NtOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/31/2014Food was good. Service was timely and friendly. Waiter made two small mistakes - one on a drink and another on a dish - that he noted was said but he had forgotten. We dine here monthly at least and have always had good food and good service.Special Features:
- Dante's is Paradiso...40somethingDined on 10/30/2014A perfect evening with friends and loved ones celebrating my 40th anniversary. The staff were more than accommodating and knowledgeable, offering detailed recommendations on food and drink (menu changes to adjust to availability of local foods). Service was attentive and gracious without interrupting conversations. The menu offered a wide variety of unique appetizer and dinner options, many of which were passed family style to share the delicious flavors. Aperitifs and deserts were finely crafted and offered a wide range from sweet and salty to savory. My special request for a candle warmed peach moonshine cocktail, and no longer in stock, was met with a custom crafted cocktail every bit it's equal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014Awesome experience from start to finish. We arrived an hour and a half early. We originally planned on going for dessert only. When our dinner reservations at another restaurant fell through, we opted to see if Dante would be able to accomodate us early. They certainly did. Dustin did a fantastic job with our cocktails, Adam picked the perfect wine, and the Duck Confit and Beef Cheek Gnocchi were phenomenally prepared. We left knowing we can recommend Dante to anyone wanting a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciousLpstckgrl1Dined on 10/27/2014So we have been to Dante a number of times and it's always outstanding. My hubby decided we needed to have dessert and oh my goodness, I am so glad we did. The butterscotch pudding with caramel and sea salt...yeah. I am not even a big fan of pudding normally but this was so good. I could eat it every day and never get tired of it. Amazing. Also, the service at Dante is always top notch. We will keep coming back. :)Special Features:
- The best restaurant in OmahaUrbanintheexurbsVIPDined on 10/26/2014I take anyone from anywhere to Dante on their first night in town and they always want to go back before they leave or on their next visit.Special Features:
- We love everything at Dante!ddameDined on 10/25/2014We ordered sea bass, pasta, pizza and a variety of appetizers. Everything was amazing. Dante is by far the best restaurant in Omaha!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatFrenchFoodiesDined on 10/25/2014Met a dear friend here for dinner. The food was great and our waitress could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in OmahaSKW1965Dined on 10/25/2014It's the best Italian in Omaha because it is the only Italian in Omaha! Most places have Americanized their offerings with too much cheesy sauce and heavy cover sauces. Dante does it like Italy, light and fresh. The pizza crust is the way the Italians make their pizza crust - light and fresh. Their ingredients are all fresh and local. If you like real Italian - this is it! The best of Omaha and most of the mid-west!Special Features:
- Great FoodcngibiDined on 10/25/2014We love their woodfired pizzas! Totally unlike any other - delicious. Service is excellent, too!Special Features:
- One of our favorite places.RalphDined on 10/22/2014Dante's is one of our favorite west Omaha spots. In fact we dined here twice this week. The chicken livers are our favorite dish - best we've ever had anywhere. Enjoy the Sunday and Thursday half-priced wine nights and the gluten-free menu is main attraction for us. Great, great place.Special Features:
- Fabulous dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014Dante has the best food in Omaha IMHO. The margherita pizza is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much more than pizza!MaryDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I are foodies (we cook-not critique :D) and absolutely loved the menu and especially our choices last Friday night. The salad with pistachio brittle and pears was delicious, the margherita pizza spot on (love the crust!), brussels sprouts with house guanciale and lemon was perfectly browned and rich, and the butternut squash ravioli with apples was a treat. We had a group of four and shared all of our choices. It was fun and delicious. The waitress was very helpful as we navigated the impressive selection of Italian wines. When my friends want to meet southwest, Dante's is always my top choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Meal & ServiceMKHuskerDined on 10/15/2014Dante brings so many things to the table, so to speak, that my wife and I continue to be regulars despite the fact we live on the other side of town. We shared the arugula & house pastrami to start, followed by the butternut squash tortellini and the Sicilian flatbread. I have two words to describe the meal: flavor country. The food here never misses the mark. The service was excellent as well, and it was a hopping joint late into a Wednesday evening. If you like food and are not a philistine, then you will LOVE Dante.Special Features:
- Good West Omaha RestaurantnkirklinVIPDined on 10/8/2014Very enjoyable, exceeded my expectations. Service was excellent, food was very good, bar options were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillVIPDined on 10/5/2014Fabulous food as always! Started out known for their pizza, but it is their other entrees that make the meal out of the ordinary.Special Features:
- Dante'sdatenitedinerDined on 10/3/2014We were seated promptly and the service was excellent. Meatballs are amazing! The pizza was good, but the bottom of the crust was burned and left a bad taste. The wine recommendations was perfect.Special Features:
- Great pizzaLpstckgrl1Dined on 10/3/2014Dante's has amazing pizza - every one I have tried is delicious. I also highly recommend the ricotta appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodPizzaloverDined on 9/28/2014Our dinner was amazing! We started off with the steamed mussels and luscious meatballs. I had to have my favorite lemon thyme salad and it certainly didn't disappoint! We shared 3 of the most amazing entrees and the portion sizes were perfect to share! I would definitely recommend Dante's as it is a fun place to go. The servers are amazingly attentive and your drinks never get low!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteJulesDined on 9/26/2014We love Dante's, and took special friends for the evening. We usually sit at the bar but say down below because of the number of us. There were some very boisterous groups dining that evening so it was a bit noisy. Not Dante's fault, but we didn't stay after dinner so we could get to a quieter atmosphere. We will definitely go back and they deserve 5 stars for what they can control.Special Features:
- Just okKrbr85Dined on 9/21/2014I chose this place because I have heard awesome stuff! It was just fine. Nothing special or bad to note. Maybe lunch was a poor choice, as the menu was very limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dante's is fresh and fabulousTerryRDined on 9/20/2014Six of us enjoyed dinner at Dante's. The appetizer menu offer a great variety. We had the zucchini Frita which we always have to have and the warm mozzarella with toasted cherry tomatoes and pesto toast. We order extra toasted bread so we have enough for that warm melty cheese. The entree menu offered choices for all people in our party including a vegetarian. All of the meals were full of fresh and fabulous flavors!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillVIPDined on 9/14/2014We partook in the Omaha Restaurant Week menu offerings, and they were excellent.Special Features:
- love this foodFoodloverDined on 9/13/2014Dante's is one of our favorite restaurants. it has the most amazing pizza but we were thrilled to have the scallopini back on the menu for restaurant week. Our server was a little snobby but the food is worth it.Special Features:
- restaurant weekjudesterVIPDined on 9/13/2014Went for husbands birthday during resturant week. Waitress was not to personable or helpful. Pork dish was not fresh and tough. Appetizer dishes and dessert was good. Restaurant week was better in 2013.
- West O's FinestbillDined on 9/6/2014the best pizza and italian food in Omaha. Period.Special Features:
- Amazing!!ddameDined on 9/6/2014Our party of 10 had the best experience at Dante. The table ordered a variety of appetizers and entrees and passed them around. They were too good not to share, each plate was outstanding! The cocktail and wine list is superb and the service was spot on. Dante is a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Lacking...OmahacubfanDined on 9/5/2014The food was okay, however we ordered a bottle of wine and a single glass was delivered. Also ordered an appetizer and it never was delivered. Had to ask for refills on beverages and for our check. Not what you'd expect from a popular restaurant with a relatively pricey menu.
- Wonderful from beginning to endPitchmouthDined on 9/5/2014The staff is friendly and informative. You have to try the ALL "Ryed" UP, amazingly delicious! You can't go wrong with any of their pizzas. I would highly recommend going here if you want a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dine.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Delicious traditional pizza and ordering the meatballs is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JobeDined on 8/23/2014This is one of families absolute favorite restaurants to eat at! We love the charcuterie board with all the delicious meats and cheeses. The Guiseppe pizza is our favorite! Always look forward to a family meal at Dante!Special Features:
- A FavoritecngibiDined on 8/21/2014Dante's is a great place to go for something new and different. We love their pizzas. Great place and great food!Special Features:
- Never FailsJerseyBluesVIPDined on 8/17/2014We have dined now at Dante's almost 100 times. It remains one of the best restaurant's in Omaha. It's not just the Pizza which as a boy from New Jersey can attest to - it is extremely good - but the new courses Chef Nick comes up with never fail to impress. Adam the GM is a wonderful host and always makes us feel welcome. The wait staff are well trained and observant without hovering. Food comes when promised and plates are removed at a reasonable time after you have (BOTH) completed your meal. The way it is supposed to be. Removing one diners plate before others have completed makes that person feel very awkward. A simple thing more waiters should learn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WEST Os BESTbillDined on 8/10/2014When you look around Dante's on any given night you can see that the crowd is made up of people who like locally gown, fresh, made in house (for the most part) true Italian cuisine. Even the Pizza is unique and visually stunning. And the staff while often very busy makes a great effort to be friendly and helpful. My wife and I go there once a weeks.Special Features:
- good time for allawesomesauceDined on 8/8/2014They bathrooms were very clean, as long very nice and friendly. We had a group of 7 and when we got there we didn't have to wait a long time but when we finely sat down they gave us a free appetizer for not having our table ready when we walked in. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedMrMunchDined on 8/8/2014For the price, the food wasn't too impressive. Not my favorite type of foodSpecial Features:
- Great food with local ingredientsTerryRDined on 8/3/2014I met friends here to celebrate my recent retirement. We started with a nice crisp white wine, zucchini fritti,and the warm mozzarella appetizer. They were all delicious. The variety of choices from pasta, to pizza, to entree specials worked well for all of us. Dante's does a great job with fresh local ingredients. The menu changes frequently based upon what is in season, and it remains great no matter what is on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect wood fire pizzaOmahastarDined on 8/1/2014Everything was perfect. Our server was super nice, the pizza was delicious, the wine was great and not too expensive and we got a free sample of dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.