Dante Next Door
2253 Professor Ave
Cleveland, OH 44113Neighborhood:
Contemporary ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Dante Next Door
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.danteboccuzzi.com/
- Phone: 2162741201x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Monday: 10:30am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Wednesday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dante Boccuzzi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact email@example.com or call 216.274.1201.
- Private Party Facilities: Available for lunch and dinner parties, every day of the week.
For inquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 216-274-1201 or visit our website at www.danteboccuzzi.com/nextdoor.
- Private Party Contact: Phil Hockey or Monica Ferrari 2162741201x
A word from Dante Next Door
Dante Next Door is a casual lunch and brunch Trattoria style restaurant located in Cleveland historic Tremont "next door" from Dante Boccuzzi signature restaurant DANTE. Featuring hand toss pizza in a traditional wood fire oven,pasta, salads and sandwiches, this venue is the perfect location for a quick business lunch or a relaxing week-end brunch. Dante Next Door is also available for all your catering needs and for private events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Dante Next Door - Best Restaurants in Cleveland West ›
Dante Next Door reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)great for brunch (22)fit for foodies (22)great for lunch (21)great for outdoor dining (20)special occasion (9)hot spot (8)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (6)notable wine list (4)romantic (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great pizzaMTSMDined on 10/10/20142nd. visit for lunch. Yummy food, especially the pizzas - just delicious. We recommend the one with meatballs and spaghetti. Great services on first visit, not so much this time. It was just odd. Not downright bad, but not the friendly experience we had previously. Seated immediately and then waited a while before someone put water glasses on the table - no words, no greeting, no introduction. Just dropped water and left - annoyed/distracted?Special Features:
- Enjoy our 1st Visit!AlbabyDined on 10/5/2014First time visiting Dante Next Door for Sunday Brunch. The breakfast fittata was outstanding and a big hit with our group. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place! We loved the ambience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014The food is delicious and has a lovely presentation. The staff are most welcoming and caring. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dante never disappointsgld1Dined on 9/28/2014This was our first visit to Dante for brunch, and we've already reserved for two return brunch visits. Wonderful, creative menu with choices to satisfy breakfast, lunch or brunch appetites. We ordered two different French Press coffees to share for our group of 7. Glad we did that! Each person chose something different from the menu. Our vegetarian daughter-in-law was impressed that foods could be prepared to suit her restrictions. My personal favorite was the Bulls Eye Eggs, which fed me again with the remainder of my large portion. Dante's Bacon Brussels Sprouts? Anytime, anywhere, anyway! Loved being seated across from the pizza ovens, but found the large square table difficult for conversing, however.Special Features:
- Wonderful brunch at Dante.Laudee46VIPDined on 9/27/2014We were lucky to have another beautiful day in cleveland so we enjoyed our delicious lunch/brunch at Dante on the patio. All the food and beverages were exceptional, as was the service and ambiance, as always. I just love this restaurant and would recommend to any one who loves great food and wonderful service!Special Features:
- Great food great servicediningoutDined on 9/4/2014Wonderful for lunch. Friendly, efficient. great food presentation; varied menu; good prices. Nothing but kudos for this place.Special Features:
- Great spot - keeps raising the barTable2TBDDVIPDined on 8/31/2014We have been to Dante Next Door for lunch and have gone to brunch on the weekend a half dozen times. It keeps adding new things . The food and service has been great . The food from the wood biting oven is superb ! We have enjoyed the classic brunch entrees and the specials always worth ordering . Best bloody Mary's in town . Our group of 10 just Sunday is still raving about the food and atmosphere! Everyone was thrilled how smooth the service went . Can't wait for our next lunch or brunch highly recommended !!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dante does it again!MartyVIPDined on 8/17/2014Try the pizza with spaghetti and meatballs! Two of my favorites in one dish. Pistachio crusted Trout was amazing too. Dante is an amazing chef!~Special Features:
- Slow cold foodTremontDougVIPDined on 8/17/2014First it took over two hours after we sat down to get our food and finish. Server took the order and basically disappeared. The people next to us after searching and finding someone to complain to got her to come back. All she could say is its not my fault the kitchen messes up every order. So finally get my food and it was ice cold! May have tasted good before it was left on a counter for a very long time. Ordered another drink and didn't show up till after we were done eating. This was the second time I was here the first place filled up with smoke from non working oven. Doubt if I will ever give them another chance.
- Brunch HotspotLawyerBobDined on 8/17/2014Dante Next Door has joined the ranks of Cleveland's best places for brunch. The quality is very high, just like you'd expect from one of Dante's restaurants. We have been here several times for lunch and brunch, including visits with my two granddaughters (2 and 4) and they accommodate kids very well--even the one with a severe peanut-allergy. This weekend we were there with a group of six adults. We all tried something different and shared our plates so I can say everything was top notch. The blueberry sausage links are a necessary side dish.Special Features:
- Another great oneEllaVIPDined on 8/9/2014Sitting on the patio on a gorgeous day. Eating great pizza and salad.... What more could a person want on beautiful summer Saturdsy afternoonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely enjoyable lunch.Laudee46VIPDined on 8/8/2014We had lunch on the patio and absolutely loved it. The food was amazing, I just wish I could have tried everything on the menu! The servers were excellent and everyone working there couldn't have been nicer. I highly recommend Dante Next Door for anyone who wants a most enjoyable eating experience! I know I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Amazing deliciousShelleDined on 8/3/2014From the specialty drinks that were amazing, the food that was delicious, and the quality service, hands down I give it 10 out of 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceKarencDined on 7/20/2014My daughter and I went to Dante's NextDoor for her birthday brunch. It was also during the Taste of Tremont. We had such a great server, Tyler, who knew everything about the menu, food & drinks!! He was very conversational and took care of our every need. The food came out piping hot and delicious! Just what we would expect from Dante. Dante also had a whole parking lot of his own "stuff" for the festival. A cool band, drinks, and food. He called it "taste of Dante". Very cool idea and a fun time. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had breakfast.lovefoodDined on 7/13/2014Great brunch. Many places that have brunch don't have many breakfast items so glad that you did. We had pancakes and French toast. Tried both potatoes. We each had a favorite. Not sure the bacon was worth it but the rest was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Dante Next DoorgratefulDined on 7/10/2014Charming patio, delicious food. Enjoyed the eggplant parmesan. Excellent wait staff. An outstanding place to enjoy lunch.Special Features:
- The following 11 reviews are from the Dante Next Door reviews archive.
- Father's Day BrinchJulieDined on 6/15/2014Our party of four enjoyed everything. The lemon trio dessert will cause me to return soon. Excellent job.Special Features:
- Ok pizza, too loudSteveDined on 6/8/2014We had a decent brunch. The pizza crust was too thick to the point of being hard to chew and we had to ask our server to speak up each time he visited our table. For the price, Bar Cento makes a better pizza and Lucky's has a better brunch.Special Features:
- Good food, but too noisy for brunchKathyGSDined on 6/8/2014A little work on putting some dampers on the ceiling or walls would go along way to make the place a wow...just so loud. Good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch!LorenDined on 6/8/2014This was the best brunch I have had in the area. My boyfriend and I got the everything bagel breakfast pizza and the omelet that had spaghetti and pancetta in it- both were absolutely delicious! I would recommend this to anyone wanting to step out of the "bacon and eggs" breakfast spots and try something different. Great food and great service- we will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasantEdmundFitzgeraldVIPDined on 6/7/2014Service was good. Coffee pot was great. The place is a little loud near the bar. We went for pizza. I was expecting a piping hot one straight from the oven, but they were staged for the table so they were a somewhat cool. I would go back for brunch rather than pizza.Special Features:
- DLFHUDSONDined on 6/4/2014Dante does it again! There's nothing better than a wood fired pizza and combined with so many creative sides, there's something for everyone. He doesn't try too hard, simply prepares some classics and puts a twist on them. Highly recommend for a business lunch or a fun dinner with friends. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- A treatElofatimeDined on 5/25/2014We had brunch over Memorial Day weekend with friends and we all loved it. The service was friendly and efficient and the food delicious. Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mothers' Day (or any) BrunchSagamoreManDined on 5/11/2014Dante Boccuzzi takes a lot of ideas from Italy and mixes them with traditional brunch menu. On Mothers' Day, we shared a flavorful and fresh Pasta Carbonara spaghetti layered on a thin egg omelet. With the pasta, we tried an Italian version of lox and bagels: cured salmon, cream cheese, dill, onions, hard boiled egg, on a thin-crust pizza. It works. Lastly, if you like a spicy Bloody Mary, try the Hot Olive version.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!Snikki726VIPDined on 4/27/2014Went for brunch and had the crab cakes eggs Benedict and puttanesca pizza and it was amazing! Very nice staff, food, and beverages. Left very full and happy. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/24/2014We had a great lunch at Dantes Next Door. We both had the potato leek soup of the day it was outstanding. And we split the luncheon steak special that had potatoes spinach and red peppers. It was a very large portion for $15. The service was very good. They also had a very nice drink list. They also look like they have a terrific Sunday brunch. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its Hip& Classic- way2go DanteTable2TBDDVIPDined on 4/20/2014Dante Next Door has it all going, a great chef, menu, hip vibe but comfortable and the food to back it all up. we love it for lunch and brunch. The Bloody Mary's were off the chart. we also love the outstanding coffee and espresso drinks. Hats off to Dante for having great coffee and espresso drinks to go with the outstanding food, its a treat not to have to go looking for good coffee after a great meal. Better go while you can get in!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.