Daniel's Broiler - Lake Union
809 Fairview Ave North
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Lake Union / Eastlake
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Daniel's Broiler - Lake Union
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.schwartzbros.com/daniels-broiler/daniels-lake-union/
- Phone: 2066218262x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday 5:00pm-9:00pm Tuesday-Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm; Friday-Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm; Sunday 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ayhan Barlas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Happy Hour Seven Nights a Week from 4:00-6:30pm, and Late Night Happy Hour from 9pm to Close.
$1 off All Draft and Bottled Beer
$2 off Daniel’s Classic Martinis and Manhattans, Daniel’s Signature Cocktails and Spring Specialty Cocktails
$3 off All Wines by the Glass
A word from Daniel's Broiler - Lake Union
Daniel's Broiler-Lake Union serves USDA Prime Beef exclusively.Continued
Spectacular views of South Lake Union are available from every table and outside waterfront dining is available during warm weather.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Daniel's Broiler - Lake Union - Best Restaurants in Lake Union / Eastlake ›
Daniel's Broiler - Lake Union reviews from OpenTable diners
187 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (153)special occasion (151)romantic (97)notable wine list (72)great for outdoor dining (70)fit for foodies (52)good for groups (49)neighborhood gem (26)vibrant bar scene (21)hot spot (18)late-night find (17)great for brunch (15)great for lunch (13)kid-friendly (9)Show More
- Great Night OutMHE92708Dined on 9/14/2014Food was great, good ambiance. Service was a bit slow and lagged between courses. Overall, was very pleased with the food!Special Features:
- Great but with glitchesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014We celebrated our anniversary with dinner on Sept. 9 at Daniel's, and they honored our request to have a window seat, which was wonderful. Our server was very warm and friendly. My husband got the Delmonico steak ($65) ordered medium and I got the ribeye ($53) medium rare. Unfortunately, the Delmonico was served almost rare and the ribeye medium. The side dish of sauteed mushrooms we ordered weren't hot, and my second glass of wine was not delivered to our table until the check came, with the waitress saying, "Oh sorry, that had been sitting up there for awhile!" (?!) We should have said something then, but I didn't want to ruin our anniversary evening with a scene. I gave feedback on the Daniel's website, but they never followed up.Special Features:
- Best steak ever!LilMacDined on 9/7/2014Daniel's has the best steak and an amazing wine selection! The only negative about Daniel's is that for the price, you would expect to have a salad or a vegetable included - not have to order and pay for them separately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daniel's Broiler-Lake UnionbonerockDined on 9/5/2014We had a reservation for 7:15pm and it took them about 15-20 minutes to be seated. We requested a table by the water, but were seated no where near it. The service we received was outstanding. When my steak came it was way under cooked so they had to take it back. My husbands was actually more on the over cooked side than what he stated in the way he wanted his steak cooked. We both ordered the 12 oz. Filet and when our steaks came to the table they looked more like their 8 oz. Filet, then the 12.oz. When my steak came back the second time it was actually tuff on the outside of the steak and dark looking around the edges. It was a good steak, but I have had better for much less. Do I think our steaks were worth $65 each, no I do not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentGarlicmasherDined on 9/5/2014All of the staff was so friendly and so attentive. You never had to wait around for anything. Food came out in timely manner and it all tasted delicious! We were there for birthday dinner and we were treated with a desert. All the views are great of the lake. The whole experience made the birthday extra special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50th birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2014I brought my husband here to celebrate his birthday, all of the staff were very friendly and attentive, the steak cuts and selections offered were first rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!beefbeefBEEFDined on 9/2/2014Best rib eye steak my mouth has ever tasted and possibly one of the best tasting foods I've ever experienced. My wife got the lobster tail and was very pleased with it as well. Will return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice find in SeattleWildflowerVIPDined on 8/31/2014Way above average in seafood and steaks - highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovesfoodanddrinkDined on 8/28/2014I have been to all three Daniel's Broiler restaurants, but I am very fond of the Lake Union location. The drinks here are first-class and it is easy for me to say that the steaks are wonderful. I go here several times a year and can't wait for an excuse to go back with friends or family. I do miss the old days when we could go into the side bar and smoke a fine cigar after dinner but now that we can't smoke cigars anywhere, I still like to go to the bar for an after-dinner drink. The special room for cigars is now a beautiful whiskey/scotch bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary at Daniel'soutforfunDined on 8/26/2014We were well accommodated by the staff. They moved our table to a more scenic view. The attendants were ery friendly and Darrin, our waiter, was omnipresent without appearing to be omnipresent. Next time it's the RibEyeSpecial Features:
- Appetizers on the deckTcardDined on 8/25/2014You can't beat the view of Lake Union. We had appetizers and cocktails out on the deck. The Beef Tartare was spectacular! We also had the fried calamari and ahi tuna; both were good, just nothing to write home about. But at Daniel's, it's all about the beef. Service was outstanding and house cocktail were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The food was great and delicious. I would come to this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Muy Bueno!SadinSeattleDined on 8/23/2014A must stop for our Seattle trips.. Never disappointing! Jut one of those 'old school' steak places that have the fundamentals. That includes gentleman walking around in jackets making sure everything is fine. Great wine list and the steaks are cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overcooked steakJonvilliersDined on 8/23/2014I was surprised that Daniel's Broiler overcooked our steak (12 oz. filet). I ordered mine medium rare (as did my wife) and both were at least medium, possibly closer to medium well. No red at all, about half brown, half pink. That's not medium rare. I didn't send it back, since we had a party of 10 people and I didn't want to hold them up for their meal. But I was surprised that they would overcook what otherwise could have been an excellent steak.Special Features:
- Kind of dated and expensive.Henrysmom1Dined on 8/16/2014Fine, but not worth the money. I've had better steaks elsewhere and this was really expensive. The view is lovely if you get a table by a window or on the deck.Special Features:
- Best Dinner OutAshurmanDined on 8/16/2014Everything from the moment we dropped our car off at valet parking, the recommended rose bubbly & the wonderful garlic roast chicken was impeccable! I could eat the chicken every night. Will be going back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JejjaDined on 8/14/2014This restaurant is amazing. Great food, wine, location, and staff. We come here one to two times a year and always on our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Our waiter, Ryan was great, as was the valet service. The Mojito was horrible, I don't think it is supposed to have grapefruit flavor. I was expecting muddled fresh mint with crystallized sugar. Everything else was superb. Thank you for a great BDay dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Seattle BestWe2willReturnDined on 8/11/2014Daniel's Broiler rates at the top of Seattles best restaurant for us. They are friendly and will take a moment to express their appreciation and show great interest as to why you choose Daniel's. The food was excellant and prepared to our complete satisfaction and the service impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can get a steak elsewhereJP13Dined on 8/10/2014We decided we would try Daniels (none of us had been there in years). Well, it will be a long time before we go again, if ever. Our server was the one good thing about the place. Steaks were fine but honestly just go find yourself a good piece of steak at a local butcher and bbq it with a bunch of butter and it will be less than half of what they charge. We waited about an hour to get our dinner. Apparently, a soccer team had come in and put the kitchen far behind. I can't imagine the soccer team was last minute, so they had to know they were coming (poor planning on their part). Our entire side of the restaurant did not get their dinner and the manager only came to talk to us when we complained. He should have been all over this.
- good mealTLHTLHDined on 8/6/2014IMO I thought the food was well seasoned and flavorful, however, my bf thought it was a bit too salty. If you are a purist with your steak, I would suggest elsewhere or ask for the garlic steak butter/ all other sauces on the side. For the price, the portions were good. The seats have a wonderful view of the marina and the patio looks awesome to dine out on for a nice sunny day. :) overall, good experience.Special Features:
- Great place for dinner on the deck!GDO1Dined on 8/5/2014Great place for dinner on the deck, or drinks. The only problem is they don't take reservations for the deck so you may have a wait for a table but if it's nice weather it's worth it!Special Features:
- Noisy, but very good.Fairlady82Dined on 8/2/2014I chose Daniel's Broiler because the Yelp review said it was "not good for kids", and the website says there is live piano from 8 PM on. I sat down and saw kids sitting outside (thankfully I couldn't hear them because they were outdoors), and it was so noisy in the restaurant that I could barely hear the piano at all. I also had to wear my coat the whole time (very cold). However, the view was great, and the food was absolutely fantastic. I had the lobster tail and loved it, my boyfriend got the ribeye steak and they also gave him a delicious sample of cake and ice cream with berries for his birthday. I wish it was quieter in the restaurant so I could've heard the piano (it was easier to hear later on though as people left), and warmer.Special Features:
- pricey but worthnitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014You know what you get when you dine at a place like Daniels. They take care of you, the food was amazing, in every aspect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningEnjoyable2014Dined on 8/1/2014Daniel's Broiler has always been a positive experience for us. We have eaten there 8-10 times. Sometimes it's absolutely fabulous - other times it's very good. We never walk out totally disappointed. The service and food is always good - yet sometimes it's exceptional! This most recent trip everything was very good - service, food and seating. We requested a window seat 6 weeks in advanced and were not able to get one. A bit of a disappointment, yet still had a nice evening. the food was good - not great, the service was fine yet we still had a wonderful evening - I would recommended Daniel's Broiler.Special Features:
- Glad we chose to dine herepoetzplusDined on 7/31/2014Daniel's Broiler lived up to their reputation for having great steaks. We had a great dining experience and my uncle said his martini was great, in addition to everyone enjoying their meal. One of the things that impressed me was the fact that I had left a comment about one of the diners having a shellfish allergy while placing the reservation. It was confirmed by the hostess when we checked in, and again by our waitress after we were seated. When I ordered the truffle fries, our waitress remembered to caution us about the fries being fried with the same cookware as the fried calamari without out our asking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPECIAL OCCASIONDonahue53Dined on 7/28/2014GREAT FOOD AND SERVICE for two. More expensive than I had expected. We ate conservatively, but adequate. About $170 including tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG go there and treat yourself!!!!JlanghansDined on 7/28/2014Best filet ever (had med rare w/ bearanaise) And The crab app (already shelled) was decadentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nailed itnageek85Dined on 7/26/2014Couldn't ask for anything more than what we received from Daniel's. Carly or server was wonderful, the outside deck was perfect and the food as always was amazing. For my money is the best place in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice ExperienceMarcDined on 7/26/2014While the food was good and consistent, the service is what was appreciated most. It's a lovely spot, and a comfortable atmosphere. The vegetarian in our party liked that you offered a vegetarian menu, though the entree was a little weak and not a great value. Otherwise, a nice time.Special Features:
- Always Amazing ServiceSeattleFoodieCoupleDined on 7/25/2014Daniel's Broiler is definitely pricey but we always love going because of how amazing the food & drinks are as well as the service. We love coming here with family from out of town as well as for special occasions (most recently our 5 year anniversary). We failed to mention this until the end and so our server politiely scolded us for not telling her sooner and took a dessert off of our ticket. ;) The steaks are always delectable and the cocktails are expertly blended flavors. We just simply love it.Special Features:
- Great food & Service.AwesomeDined on 7/23/2014We went to Daniel's Broiler for our 31st Wedding Anniversary. Food & service were excellent. Large portions of food, we asked for boxes to take home leftovers! We had told Open Table we were celebrating our Anniversary and at the end of the meal we were brought a complementary Molten Lava dessert with fresh berries in an awesome strawberry sauce, & vanilla ice cream with a candle on it! What a pleasant surprise. Our only complaint was when driving in all the parking was Valet ($6.00) and he was nowhere to be found. We ended up parking in a public lot paying $5.00. Finally located the Valet up under the awing (the rain has stopped) talking on his cell phone, then texting or playing games. Customers had to seek him out to get parked.Special Features:
- Perfect for sis's birhtday dinner!Marc191VIPDined on 7/21/2014It was mostly prime rib for dinner, though my wife and I had crab-stuffed prawns. Everything was prepared and served as one might wish; and, that was significant, as this night out was for celebrating my sister's birthday. Thank you, Daniels!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't eat here.BumbyDined on 7/19/2014Arrived 15 minutes before 8pm reservation and got our table at 8:15. By 8:30, my date and I hadn't even been given water and no one had taken our order so we left.Special Features:
- Went there for my birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014We had a very delicious dinner, with a yummy dungeness crab appetizer, caprese salad, halibut/rib eye for dinner and a wonderful complimentary lava cake with berries and ice cream for dessert. Will definitely go back! Great service, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservtionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014I made a reservation three months ago and it was disapointing to get tabel where two people had no view. When we asked to move to another table by the view. We were told it was reserved. Well, we also reserved and I indicated it was for two birthdays. I expected my reservation tabel would have been special from the get go. Overall, the food and expereince was great!Special Features:
- Top Notch Steakhouse...RobertRDined on 7/18/2014No doubt Daniel's food and service are typical of a top notch steakhouse - no complaints about anything they delivered, just wondering to myself if it is worth it in comparison to the next tier down... e.g. The Keg. Great meal, good view... but at a cost. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Two overcooked steaksBearVIPDined on 7/14/2014My wife and I went to Daniel's while in Seattle. She ordered the smaller filet, which came just as she ordered it. I ordered the delmonico. The server had me cut into it to see that it was medium rare, as ordered. The server and I both looked at it with her flashlight and agreed that it was done quite beyond medium. She immediately took it back for a second one, a minor inconvenience since that left my wife eating alone. When the second steak came out, we went through the same ritual, with the same results - overdone. I agreed to eat it and the restaurant comped me for my steak. The meat had great potential, but was a bit dry and greatly lacking in the flavor I enjoy. Major disappointment.Special Features:
- nice sunday dinnerjloooDined on 7/13/2014Went for a nice Sunday dinner and the service was extremely attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2014Had a great time with relatives and friends enjoying good food, good wine and conversation. Ambiance and view contributed for a memorable dinner. mahalo (thank you in Hawaiian). HaroldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.