Daniel's Broiler - Lake Union
809 Fairview Ave North
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Lake Union / Eastlake
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Daniel's Broiler - Lake Union
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.schwartzbros.com/daniels-broiler/daniels-lake-union/
- Phone: 2066218262x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday 5:00pm-9:00pm Tuesday-Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm; Friday-Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm; Sunday 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ayhan Barlas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Happy Hour Seven Nights a Week from 4:00-6:30pm, and Late Night Happy Hour from 9pm to Close.
$1 off All Draft and Bottled Beer
$2 off Daniel’s Classic Martinis and Manhattans, Daniel’s Signature Cocktails and Spring Specialty Cocktails
$3 off All Wines by the Glass
A word from Daniel's Broiler - Lake Union
Daniel's Broiler-Lake Union serves USDA Prime Beef exclusively.Continued
Spectacular views of South Lake Union are available from every table and outside waterfront dining is available during warm weather.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Daniel's Broiler - Lake Union - Best Restaurants in Lake Union / Eastlake ›
Daniel's Broiler - Lake Union reviews from OpenTable diners
187 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (149)special occasion (148)romantic (100)notable wine list (80)great for outdoor dining (65)fit for foodies (62)good for groups (48)vibrant bar scene (28)neighborhood gem (28)hot spot (22)late-night find (16)great for lunch (13)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (9)Show More
- Appreciated the serviceAnneVIPDined on 10/18/2014We were an hour early due to ferry. Hostess was nice enough to seat us right away and accommodate our request for a booth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nom nom nomnomnomnomDined on 10/16/2014....nom nom nom nom nom. Best steaks ever. Delmonico lovely. Never a bad choice.Special Features:
- brunchbrunchDined on 10/14/2014We were warmly greeted by everyone when we entered the restaurant and within a few moments, shown to our window seat table. George, our server, was very attentive to our needs and knowledgeable about all dishes on the menu. Our meal was timed perfectly and our steaks were cooked as requested. Our dinner was enjoyed by all. We will keep Daniel's on our top list of Seattle restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really AmazingUndrHisGrcDined on 10/14/2014We had heard a lot of reviews and recommendations over sports radio and we were not disappointed! Everything was top of its class here at Daniels Broiler, we will most definitely recommend this place to our friends and family!Special Features:
- Top notchJohnADined on 10/8/2014Food and service was outstanding and certainly can't beat the view.Special Features:
- LynneElsieDined on 10/7/2014Celebrated special events with several family members and enjoyed every savory moment! Servers were attentive and spot-on with recommendations! Splendid setting for a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice timedineDined on 10/5/201436th anniversay food and staff were excellent valet parking 6.00 prompt and attentive to details. Surprised us with a complimentary dessert for our anniversary dinner niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Willing to remake foodjstchilnDined on 10/4/2014During our Dinner, my wife's meal was over cooked. They were willing to make her something else to take home and they took it off the bill. We had a great wait staff and the managers willingness to help with the food replacement was great. I wish we lived closer so we could eat here more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!CoryoDined on 10/4/2014We go here every year for my husband's birthday and it never disappoints. We always start off with the deep fried artichoke hearts which are amazing. They are perfectly fried with a garlic aioli sauce. Then onto crisp salads and a great steak! The wine list is fabulous, service is impeccable and the ambiance is perfect.Special Features:
- Birthday visitBillDined on 10/4/2014As always, Daniel’s exceeded our expectations. Friendly, prompt service, excellent food and ambiance. thank you for a nice time. We’ll be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Absolutely wonderful dining experience! The service was excellent and the food was even better! Will definitely come again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinningBobbywayne1943Dined on 10/1/2014Daniels is a great place to dine, drink wine and celebrate a special event. The view is wonderful. The food is out of this world and they have great outdoor dinning. Being able to watch the sea planes land is an extra bonus.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerBellaDined on 10/1/2014Daniels was excellent. We had never been to Daniel's before and were very happy with our choice. We both had steak which was cooked perfectly and so tender. seasoned superbly. The service was excellent, everyone that came in contact knew it was our Anniversary which was kind of the staff to make a note of. The only tiny thing that wasn't up to standard was the Caesar. It was soaking with the dressing and the dressing wasn't what I would say was up to the rest of the meal. But that's so tiny compared to everything else! At the end the server brought over a dessert with a candle, it was so thoughtful. Excellent meal, and date night! We will be bringing our out of town guests back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedBeefeaterDined on 10/1/2014My steak was tough and flavorless The crab stuffed prawns were over cooked The drinks were stiff which was a good thingSpecial Features:
- Delicious FoodrelowaDined on 9/30/2014We had a fabulous time at Daniels. We were early so we had drinks and starters in the bar before dinner. Our table in the dining room was at the window and we had a great view of Lake Union watching the sea planes, crew teams, kayakers and boats. The food was perfectly prepared and delicious, the steaks were so tender and flavorful. The service was perfect; the staff was attentive without being obstrusive or annoying. We are looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale diningayjaymayDined on 9/27/2014Service was excellent, wine selection is extensive, views of lake union are beautiful. Our table was ready soon after we arrived, and we enjoyed the bar/lounge area after dinner to watch the end of the Mariner's game. My wife ordered the 8 oz Filet Mignon and was pleased. I had the 12 oz New York - it was tough. Granted, the New York cut is not as tender a piece of steak as the Filet, though it was still tougher than what I expected. There are better in Seattle for less. Expect to pay a premium at Daniel's for dinner for two + a bottle of wine.Special Features:
- Food was not greatkwfrickeDined on 9/26/2014I expect to have really nice food when spending this kind of money. I was not impressed.Special Features:
- Top notch service.JtsuthDined on 9/26/2014Timing during each stage of the meal was perfect. The food was cooked to perfection. Excellent portions great flavors worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DBBirthdaydinner1955Dined on 9/26/2014Dinner was a special occasion and expectations were met in every way. I think Daniels's is as quality restaurant as there is in the Seattle area.Special Features:
- Superb ExperiencepjjcDined on 9/24/2014The staff at Daniel's is excellently trained and superbly capable of offering the best dining experience. Congratulations to manager Mike Hillyer and to Schwartz Brothers Restaurants on their wonderful success. And the food is delicious!Special Features:
- excellent steak houseLeslieVIPDined on 9/24/2014The service is impeccable. steaks are top notch but they're not giving anything away. very expensive. not somewhere you would go often but the view is hard to beat and the filet fabulous as was the delmonico and asparagus side. save room for the grand marnier chocolate strawberry dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best steak houseDanielDined on 9/21/2014You can certainly look around and spend more for a wonderful steak dinner, but honestly, it won't beat the experience of Daniel's Broiler which is by far my favorite steak house. There is a high level of consistency between the 3 different locations and they each have their individual perks. We were treated to THE BEST table in the restaurant when I requested a view table after I had made my reservation. What a treat!Special Features:
- UnimpressedJustanopinionDined on 9/20/2014Value for the money you can get as good if not better meal at the keg. While nothing really stood out as bad nothing really stood out either. Steak wasn't the best I've ever had. Appetizer ahi tuna was difficult to eat presentation wise (large slices, too thick, difficult to share) I wouldn't tell people not to eat here, I just wouldn't tell them to go out of their way either. It was overall a good time and a decent meal just not for the cost and time.Special Features:
- Disappointing to find inconsistencySeattleNativeDined on 9/20/2014We dine at Daniels frequently and love the view, service and food. That said, this time the food was fair at best. My husband ordered prime rib medium rare but when the food came the prime rib was cold. The prime rib was replaced and was warm but well done. Another member of our party was served dry salmon. I have never had such experiences at Daniel's! My husbands dinner was comped....but we were crushed as this place has been gem for many special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutMHE92708Dined on 9/14/2014Food was great, good ambiance. Service was a bit slow and lagged between courses. Overall, was very pleased with the food!Special Features:
- Great but with glitchesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014We celebrated our anniversary with dinner on Sept. 9 at Daniel's, and they honored our request to have a window seat, which was wonderful. Our server was very warm and friendly. My husband got the Delmonico steak ($65) ordered medium and I got the ribeye ($53) medium rare. Unfortunately, the Delmonico was served almost rare and the ribeye medium. The side dish of sauteed mushrooms we ordered weren't hot, and my second glass of wine was not delivered to our table until the check came, with the waitress saying, "Oh sorry, that had been sitting up there for awhile!" (?!) We should have said something then, but I didn't want to ruin our anniversary evening with a scene. I gave feedback on the Daniel's website, but they never followed up.Special Features:
- Best steak ever!LilMacDined on 9/7/2014Daniel's has the best steak and an amazing wine selection! The only negative about Daniel's is that for the price, you would expect to have a salad or a vegetable included - not have to order and pay for them separately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daniel's Broiler-Lake UnionbonerockDined on 9/5/2014We had a reservation for 7:15pm and it took them about 15-20 minutes to be seated. We requested a table by the water, but were seated no where near it. The service we received was outstanding. When my steak came it was way under cooked so they had to take it back. My husbands was actually more on the over cooked side than what he stated in the way he wanted his steak cooked. We both ordered the 12 oz. Filet and when our steaks came to the table they looked more like their 8 oz. Filet, then the 12.oz. When my steak came back the second time it was actually tuff on the outside of the steak and dark looking around the edges. It was a good steak, but I have had better for much less. Do I think our steaks were worth $65 each, no I do not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentGarlicmasherDined on 9/5/2014All of the staff was so friendly and so attentive. You never had to wait around for anything. Food came out in timely manner and it all tasted delicious! We were there for birthday dinner and we were treated with a desert. All the views are great of the lake. The whole experience made the birthday extra special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50th birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2014I brought my husband here to celebrate his birthday, all of the staff were very friendly and attentive, the steak cuts and selections offered were first rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!beefbeefBEEFDined on 9/2/2014Best rib eye steak my mouth has ever tasted and possibly one of the best tasting foods I've ever experienced. My wife got the lobster tail and was very pleased with it as well. Will return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice find in SeattleWildflowerVIPDined on 8/31/2014Way above average in seafood and steaks - highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovesfoodanddrinkDined on 8/28/2014I have been to all three Daniel's Broiler restaurants, but I am very fond of the Lake Union location. The drinks here are first-class and it is easy for me to say that the steaks are wonderful. I go here several times a year and can't wait for an excuse to go back with friends or family. I do miss the old days when we could go into the side bar and smoke a fine cigar after dinner but now that we can't smoke cigars anywhere, I still like to go to the bar for an after-dinner drink. The special room for cigars is now a beautiful whiskey/scotch bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014It was awesome. The waitress was knowledgeable. Food was amazing!!!Special Features:
- Anniversary at Daniel'soutforfunDined on 8/26/2014We were well accommodated by the staff. They moved our table to a more scenic view. The attendants were ery friendly and Darrin, our waiter, was omnipresent without appearing to be omnipresent. Next time it's the RibEyeSpecial Features:
- Appetizers on the deckTcardDined on 8/25/2014You can't beat the view of Lake Union. We had appetizers and cocktails out on the deck. The Beef Tartare was spectacular! We also had the fried calamari and ahi tuna; both were good, just nothing to write home about. But at Daniel's, it's all about the beef. Service was outstanding and house cocktail were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The food was great and delicious. I would come to this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Muy Bueno!SadinSeattleDined on 8/23/2014A must stop for our Seattle trips.. Never disappointing! Jut one of those 'old school' steak places that have the fundamentals. That includes gentleman walking around in jackets making sure everything is fine. Great wine list and the steaks are cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overcooked steakJonvilliersDined on 8/23/2014I was surprised that Daniel's Broiler overcooked our steak (12 oz. filet). I ordered mine medium rare (as did my wife) and both were at least medium, possibly closer to medium well. No red at all, about half brown, half pink. That's not medium rare. I didn't send it back, since we had a party of 10 people and I didn't want to hold them up for their meal. But I was surprised that they would overcook what otherwise could have been an excellent steak.Special Features:
- Kind of dated and expensive.Henrysmom1Dined on 8/16/2014Fine, but not worth the money. I've had better steaks elsewhere and this was really expensive. The view is lovely if you get a table by a window or on the deck.Special Features: