Daniel's Broiler - Lake Union
809 Fairview Ave North
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Lake Union / Eastlake
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Daniel's Broiler - Lake Union
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.schwartzbros.com/daniels-broiler/daniels-lake-union/
- Phone: (206) 621-8262
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday 5:00pm-9:00pm Tuesday-Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm; Friday-Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm; Sunday 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ayhan Barlas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Happy Hour Seven Nights a Week from 4:00-6:30pm, and Late Night Happy Hour from 9pm to Close.
$1 off All Draft and Bottled Beer
$2 off Daniel’s Classic Martinis and Manhattans, Daniel’s Signature Cocktails and Spring Specialty Cocktails
$3 off All Wines by the Glass
A word from Daniel's Broiler - Lake Union
Daniel's Broiler-Lake Union serves USDA Prime Beef exclusively.Continued
Spectacular views of South Lake Union are available from every table and outside waterfront dining is available during warm weather.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Daniel's Broiler - Lake Union - Best Restaurants in Lake Union / Eastlake ›
Daniel's Broiler - Lake Union reviews from OpenTable diners
170 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (138)scenic view (128)romantic (93)notable wine list (78)fit for foodies (61)good for groups (48)great for outdoor dining (41)vibrant bar scene (28)neighborhood gem (28)hot spot (22)late-night find (15)great for lunch (12)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Dining at Daniel'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2014Great food and service for all occasions, we've been dining at Daniel's for several years and have great experience at all times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasions!AnonDined on 11/18/2014This place is great for a special dinner or entertaining clients. The food is exceptional and the service is excellent. Only issue I had was the restaurant was a little noisy for casual conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Special or Romantic OccasionsFoodieWannabeDined on 11/16/2014Restaurant overlooks Lake Union; great view day or night. Food is fantastic; steaks are the best you will ever find anywhere, and they offer some original seafood entrees as well. Desserts are just plain great; we had an excellent Granny Smith apple tart. Wait staff are personable and they know their menu. Recommendations were always spot on. Large variety of wines and spirits, from pricey to inexpensive, traditional to adventurous. Atmosphere is surprisingly quiet for such a busy location. This is a great place for a romantic dinner or to take special friends and out-of-towners.Special Features:
- Special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014This is the type of resturant that just makes you feel good. The food,service,and views are second to no one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family VisitARK63Dined on 11/9/2014Brought family who were visiting from FL - excellent service and food as always. Was disappointed that my glass of wine didn't make in time for me to enjoy with my steak. But otherwise food was spot on.Special Features:
- superbLukeDined on 11/8/2014For my 1st visit It met my expectations. Instead of one side order I recommend two side orders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous, As Usual!Seattle1983Dined on 11/7/2014We went to Daniel's Broiler to celebrate my husband's birthday. We got caught up in terrible traffic around Mercer and were about 30 minutes late for our reservation and they still our table waiting for us. Our waiter was attentive and the sommelier made excellent recommendations. The food was really delicious and perfectly prepared, and they provided my husband with a (complimentary) birthday dessert. We also ordered the seasonal pumpkin flan, which I highly recommend.Special Features:
- Superb on Lake UnionrussianwormDined on 11/5/2014Beautiful decor and great food. Its spendy, but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Fantastic eveningJoanneDined on 11/2/2014Our combined family birthday dinner was fantastic. The service was great and the food was perfect. Definitely a wonderful evening was had by everyone.Special Features:
- Daniels Broiler was so great!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/1/2014I couldn't be happier with my experience at Daniels Broiler. I made a request for some cake fory friends birthday and they did not disappoint. The steak was to die for. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServicegamerchikDined on 11/1/2014My boyfriend and I were going out for a fancy evening. We had a gift card to this place from a friend and decided to try it out. It was fantastic. My boyfriend had the filet and Lobstertail and everything was cooked to perfection. I had the prime rib which was amazing. I always judge a steakhouse by their prime rib and this was one of the best I'd ever had. It was melt in your mouth tender and bursting with flavor. The horseradish sauce wasn't overpowering and the bernaise on the side was smooth and just enhanced the flavor of the meat. The sides were all fantastic as well.Special Features:
- Great SteakEsselleDined on 10/31/2014Ordered the filet mignon which was fantastic. The charring on the outside of the steak was great, and it was flavorful. The mashed potatoes that came with the steak was okay. The appetizers were pretty good, we ordered the calamari and dungeness crab legs. The fried calamari was not too greasy, and the legs were cut for us and tasted fresh. The coconut ice cream we got for dessert was fabulous. It was not a cheap place to eat, but we were expecting that. It was worth trying it out.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerBeatsDined on 10/25/2014We went to Daniel's Broiler for my son's birthday dinner. The food was excellent and so was the service. The meat was melt-in-your-mouth delicious and cooked perfectly. What a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Nice Choice for DinnerJerrodsdadDined on 10/25/2014Ok, what is it with Seattleites? This is a high end steak house, could you at least dress up just a little? Thank you, - Rant Off. Seriously, the food was good. Our waitperson, Sara M, was very knowledgeable and very personable. There were two of us. Started with the clam chowder, and it was tasty, but a little too thick. For the entrees, I had the 8 oz filet, my wife had the swordfish. The filet was tender, as you would expect and nice flavor. My wife liked the swordfish, but my tasing of it was while nice, needed a little something extra (not sure what, but a little something extra). Deesert, we both had the creme brulee. With 3 glasses of wine and a Bailey's and coffee at the end, the total was $180. It was a good evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Excellent and excellent food. Enjoy our experience every time we eat at Daniel'sSpecial Features:
- Appreciated the serviceAnneVIPDined on 10/18/2014We were an hour early due to ferry. Hostess was nice enough to seat us right away and accommodate our request for a booth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nom nom nomnomnomnomDined on 10/16/2014....nom nom nom nom nom. Best steaks ever. Delmonico lovely. Never a bad choice.Special Features:
- Loved it!jokogirlDined on 10/15/2014I booked a reservation for my fiance's birthday and it was both of our first time trying it out. My fiance ordered the ribeye and I ordered the filet mignon. I ordered a medium and it was AMAZING!!!! Our waiter Richard was fantastic and really engaged with us as customers making the experience that much better. We will definitely be returning customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunchbrunchDined on 10/14/2014We were warmly greeted by everyone when we entered the restaurant and within a few moments, shown to our window seat table. George, our server, was very attentive to our needs and knowledgeable about all dishes on the menu. Our meal was timed perfectly and our steaks were cooked as requested. Our dinner was enjoyed by all. We will keep Daniel's on our top list of Seattle restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really AmazingUndrHisGrcDined on 10/14/2014We had heard a lot of reviews and recommendations over sports radio and we were not disappointed! Everything was top of its class here at Daniels Broiler, we will most definitely recommend this place to our friends and family!Special Features:
- Top notchJohnADined on 10/8/2014Food and service was outstanding and certainly can't beat the view.Special Features:
- LynneElsieDined on 10/7/2014Celebrated special events with several family members and enjoyed every savory moment! Servers were attentive and spot-on with recommendations! Splendid setting for a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice timedineDined on 10/5/201436th anniversay food and staff were excellent valet parking 6.00 prompt and attentive to details. Surprised us with a complimentary dessert for our anniversary dinner niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Willing to remake foodjstchilnDined on 10/4/2014During our Dinner, my wife's meal was over cooked. They were willing to make her something else to take home and they took it off the bill. We had a great wait staff and the managers willingness to help with the food replacement was great. I wish we lived closer so we could eat here more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!CoryoDined on 10/4/2014We go here every year for my husband's birthday and it never disappoints. We always start off with the deep fried artichoke hearts which are amazing. They are perfectly fried with a garlic aioli sauce. Then onto crisp salads and a great steak! The wine list is fabulous, service is impeccable and the ambiance is perfect.Special Features:
- Birthday visitBillDined on 10/4/2014As always, Daniel’s exceeded our expectations. Friendly, prompt service, excellent food and ambiance. thank you for a nice time. We’ll be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Absolutely wonderful dining experience! The service was excellent and the food was even better! Will definitely come again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinningBobbywayne1943Dined on 10/1/2014Daniels is a great place to dine, drink wine and celebrate a special event. The view is wonderful. The food is out of this world and they have great outdoor dinning. Being able to watch the sea planes land is an extra bonus.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerBellaDined on 10/1/2014Daniels was excellent. We had never been to Daniel's before and were very happy with our choice. We both had steak which was cooked perfectly and so tender. seasoned superbly. The service was excellent, everyone that came in contact knew it was our Anniversary which was kind of the staff to make a note of. The only tiny thing that wasn't up to standard was the Caesar. It was soaking with the dressing and the dressing wasn't what I would say was up to the rest of the meal. But that's so tiny compared to everything else! At the end the server brought over a dessert with a candle, it was so thoughtful. Excellent meal, and date night! We will be bringing our out of town guests back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedBeefeaterDined on 10/1/2014My steak was tough and flavorless The crab stuffed prawns were over cooked The drinks were stiff which was a good thingSpecial Features:
- Delicious FoodrelowaDined on 9/30/2014We had a fabulous time at Daniels. We were early so we had drinks and starters in the bar before dinner. Our table in the dining room was at the window and we had a great view of Lake Union watching the sea planes, crew teams, kayakers and boats. The food was perfectly prepared and delicious, the steaks were so tender and flavorful. The service was perfect; the staff was attentive without being obstrusive or annoying. We are looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale diningayjaymayDined on 9/27/2014Service was excellent, wine selection is extensive, views of lake union are beautiful. Our table was ready soon after we arrived, and we enjoyed the bar/lounge area after dinner to watch the end of the Mariner's game. My wife ordered the 8 oz Filet Mignon and was pleased. I had the 12 oz New York - it was tough. Granted, the New York cut is not as tender a piece of steak as the Filet, though it was still tougher than what I expected. There are better in Seattle for less. Expect to pay a premium at Daniel's for dinner for two + a bottle of wine.Special Features:
- Food was not greatkwfrickeDined on 9/26/2014I expect to have really nice food when spending this kind of money. I was not impressed.Special Features:
- Top notch service.JtsuthDined on 9/26/2014Timing during each stage of the meal was perfect. The food was cooked to perfection. Excellent portions great flavors worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DBBirthdaydinner1955Dined on 9/26/2014Dinner was a special occasion and expectations were met in every way. I think Daniels's is as quality restaurant as there is in the Seattle area.Special Features:
- Superb ExperiencepjjcDined on 9/24/2014The staff at Daniel's is excellently trained and superbly capable of offering the best dining experience. Congratulations to manager Mike Hillyer and to Schwartz Brothers Restaurants on their wonderful success. And the food is delicious!Special Features:
- excellent steak houseLeslieVIPDined on 9/24/2014The service is impeccable. steaks are top notch but they're not giving anything away. very expensive. not somewhere you would go often but the view is hard to beat and the filet fabulous as was the delmonico and asparagus side. save room for the grand marnier chocolate strawberry dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best steak houseDanielDined on 9/21/2014You can certainly look around and spend more for a wonderful steak dinner, but honestly, it won't beat the experience of Daniel's Broiler which is by far my favorite steak house. There is a high level of consistency between the 3 different locations and they each have their individual perks. We were treated to THE BEST table in the restaurant when I requested a view table after I had made my reservation. What a treat!Special Features:
- UnimpressedJustanopinionDined on 9/20/2014Value for the money you can get as good if not better meal at the keg. While nothing really stood out as bad nothing really stood out either. Steak wasn't the best I've ever had. Appetizer ahi tuna was difficult to eat presentation wise (large slices, too thick, difficult to share) I wouldn't tell people not to eat here, I just wouldn't tell them to go out of their way either. It was overall a good time and a decent meal just not for the cost and time.Special Features:
- Disappointing to find inconsistencySeattleNativeDined on 9/20/2014We dine at Daniels frequently and love the view, service and food. That said, this time the food was fair at best. My husband ordered prime rib medium rare but when the food came the prime rib was cold. The prime rib was replaced and was warm but well done. Another member of our party was served dry salmon. I have never had such experiences at Daniel's! My husbands dinner was comped....but we were crushed as this place has been gem for many special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.