728 8th Ave
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.danielarestaurant.com/media/websitedaniela.html
- Phone: 212-869-3585
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm; Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 6:30am - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Javier Carrillo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Daniela's
Welcome to Daniela Trattoria! Offering age-old Italian tradition and timeless recipes that have been passed down through generations, this Italian restaurant successfully combines cuisine and atmosphere to create a dining experience that won’t soon be forgotten. Perfect for pre or post-theater visits and large parties, Daniela Trattoria is the kind of place that could be your home away from home. The smells of spices and homemade Italian cooking fill the air while a friendly and knowledgeable wait staff bends over backwards to cater to your every need. The menu is vast and impressive showcasing traditional Italian specialties. There is something here sure to tempt every palate even the most discriminating of gourmets! No matter what the occasion calls for or your appetite demands, the friendly staff at Daniela Trattoria promises to make your next dining experience truly unforgettable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Daniela's reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (44)great for lunch (27)good for groups (26)kid-friendly (17)fit for foodies (10)great for brunch (10)late-night find (9)special occasion (9)romantic (4)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (3)hot spot (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- pdg123VIPDined on 9/14/2014Fine for quick pre-theatre. Not fine dining. ----------------------------------------------
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014We needed a restaurant that was near the theatre we were going and Daniela's was right there. Our table was ready for 1:15 reservation. Waiters were friendly and attentive and were right there when we needed something. My sister and I ordered chicken marsala which was delicious. It was plentiful and came out piping hot. My husband asked if they had a turkey club sandwich and they made on up for him. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Great food. Great service. Great to host groups of people.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014My family and dined at Daniela's for dinner before a show and it was wonderful. The food was delicious, the location was perfect, and the service was the best. I especially enjoyed my prix fixe dinner with salad, homemade pasta, and Vesuvius dessert. Thank you Daniela's for such a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Song Worth ItLizDDined on 9/13/2014Food was mediocre, but good deal for the pre fix ($31 for soup or salad, entree (pasta or chicken), and coffee and dessert). It was extremely loud and some very annoying people nearby. However, our night was truly awesome because I had requested to get a birthday dessert for my grandma since we were celebrating her birthday. They turned off all the lights on our level of the restaurant and everyone sang to her when they brought the cake out. IT WAS AWESOME and made my grandma's night. Thank you!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time disappointed -OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Been here numerous times but from the minute we sat down should have known things would not go well. Three different waiters tried to come over and rush our order. Our server did not understand our order and not seem to know the menu. My daughter is a vegetarian and her food with meat which we asked to hold and then we watched them just remove and send back out. I am not a prejudice person, but I don't believe anyone there that day spoke English as the primary language.
- Good food. No passion.anonymousDined on 9/6/2014Booked this for dinner before a Broadway play. The food was good, but the waiter had no emotion. Almost didn't care. We didn't care about the noise factor because we had 3 children in tow. The staff definitely got us out in time to make the play. We had the prix fixe dinner and they brought dessert while we were still eating dinner (this was not by request).
- Pre-theater sensationSnowflakeDined on 9/6/2014We usually go someplace fancier than Daniela's when we go to the theater, but it was so conveniently located to the show we were seeing, we decided to try it. The food and service were excellent and we actually got through dinner with a lot of time to spare. My wife and I split three courses, starting with the Salad Caprese (tomato and mozzarella), followed by that days special pasta dish, black linguini with mussels and other seafood, and finally, Chicken Francese. Everything was great, the portions were substantial and we actually finished dinner in an hour, leaving us with 30 minutes to walk around before going to the show. The bill was only $100 including our drinks and coffee, tax and tip, so very reasonable. I'd go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine before theatreJftroopmomDined on 9/6/2014We chose Daniela's because the reviews on trip advisor were very positive & it was close to the theatre. However we found the food was just ok, the waiter took our order, repeated the order & then came back 5 minutes later to ask if we wanted an appetizer ( which we had ordered). Would not recommend Daniela's except as last minute resort for pre- theatre.Special Features:
- Faster than a fast food restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Very fast and attentive service. Very to the theatre district so convenient to grab a bite prior to a matinée. Food was better than expect. Noise level was deafening mainly because patrons are packed in like sardines so there is no buffer for normal conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent choiceAnniversaryDinnerDined on 9/2/2014We chose Daniela's from list of theater district restaurants after reading lots of reviews, and we were not disappointed! The manager was welcoming, the wait staff attentive, and the food was excellent. The excellent meal and service helped to make our 52nd anniversary special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- martiniVIPDined on 8/30/2014Pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food, but it was so busy pre-theater on a Saturday, yet the prix-fixe dinner came out in well time intervals. Limited choices of wine by the glass.I would recommend this to a friend.
- JennyJennyDined on 8/29/2014We order take out from Daniela's pretty frequently, and portions are very generous for very reasonable prices. We came into the restaurant and were surprised to see a different menu, with prices almost double what they are on the take out menu, for portions less than half the size. The food was good, we were just disappointed with the difference between delivery vs eat in
- Great For Pre / Post TheatreRonCDined on 8/28/2014This is a small Italian restaurant in the heart of the theatre district. Service is fast, friendly and efficient for those going to the theatre. Post theatre it is quieter and more relaxed making for a nice Italian meal either way. The menu contain all one would expect in an Italian restaurant with very reasonable prices, especially considering its location in the Times Square area. This is one of my favorite choice in this area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDrinks2dessertDined on 8/23/2014The food, service and setting was amazing. The staff was attentive, best Italian food from a restaurant I've had in a long time and I'm still thinking about the tiramisu I had for dessert. The whole experience was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrimeyJamieDined on 8/23/2014The ambiance was seriously lacking for a restaurant row establishement. The place is kind of a dump- dirty. We had to move tables because there was a sworm of knats flying around everywhere. Not what it seems on their website at all
- great findjerseyboyDined on 8/22/2014The staff at Daniella's was very accommodating. We had early reservations but part of our party got stuck in traffic. They honored our reservations even though we were over an hour late on a Saturday night. Food was great, service excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BreakfastLMMFDined on 8/22/2014Went with a few friends after seeing a concert at the today show. Definitely reasonable prices. Food was good, nothing special, but nothing bad. Service was a little slow. Overall good experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect pre theater spotJr121Dined on 8/21/2014I made a reservation here since it was around the corner from the show we were seeing. Unfortunately we got stuck in traffic and were running very late. We called the restaurant and asked if we could pre-order so our food would be ready when we got there. They graciously accommodated us! We had a wonderful meal and made it to the show on time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent friendly serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014Service is friendly, attentive and competent. Food is good but not memorable. Perfect for pretheater dining but not if diner is the focus of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great breakfast, attentive serviceCarolynSDined on 8/17/2014Great breakfast, attentive service, reasonable prices.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect pre- theater!SwaldmanVIPDined on 8/14/2014Don't get discouraged by negative reviews - this place is a gem! We went pre- theater on a Thursday evening. Great deal with a prix-fix meal of choice of salad or soup, choice of any chicken or pasta dish and coffee and dessert for $31! Great bargain for delicious Classic Italian in theater district. Service was attentive and nice. Give it a try!I would recommend this to a friend.
- SIMPLE DINNERfussy4VIPDined on 8/13/2014There were 6 of us and we were going to a Broadway show. This is a great place for pre theater as the service is very good and getting you to the theater on time. In fact we had plenty of time. I had the eggplant parm. and it was delicious. My daughter had claims in red sauce that was also delicious. I can honestly say that none of us left anything over on our plates. For dessert we had Tiramisu that was scrumptious. if you can get over the fact that its on 8th avenue so its very busy, this is a good find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good pre theatre spotLeisurelydinerDined on 8/12/2014Quick service and great location make this a good pre theatre spot. Menu is nice and simple. Food is decent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DianneFishfiletDined on 8/9/2014The waitstaff was very attentive. We never had unwanted plates at the table and all questions were answered clearly. When my daughter discovered that something had spilled on her dress, one of the waiters came over immediately with a cup of club soda and a towel. Our food was delicious. I highly recommend the fixed price menu - what a wonderful deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service!DB31Dined on 8/4/2014The pasta dinners were delicious and were brought to us quickly. The wait staff was very friendly and attentive. Our dinner at Daniela's was the most enjoyable dining experience we have had so far in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- penne alla vodka superbtrembdDined on 8/2/2014I went here after a show. The penne all a vodka was the best that I have had in years. The house red was okay. Waiter was attentive but not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WVtravelerDined on 7/27/2014Good food served extraordinarily quickly. Staff was friendly and efficient. The entire front of the restaurant opens up which gives a feeling of eating outside without fear of rain! We went before a theater matinee with no fears of making it to showtime. Enjoyed the pasta with vodka sauce and spinach salad. We will be returning on our next trip to NY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at Daniela'sHashDined on 7/25/2014There were eleven people in our group and everyone was pleased with their menu selections except for the lasagna. Wine and dessert were also good especially the over-sized connoli!The staff was attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!FoodisloveDined on 7/25/2014Ate here before a show. Great location, nice wine list, timely service. Price Fixe dinners are excellent value and lots of choices. Chicken Daniela was wonderful. Will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before TheatertheatergoerontherunDined on 7/25/2014Food and service were great! Portions huge... terrific salad and pasta with salmon wonderful choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always go back for moreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Every time I go to NYC, my family, friends and I always visit Daniela's. We always make reservations because it gets quite crowded. They just have great food and I love to eat. their sauce (or gravy depending on where you are from) is exceptional. Even if I personally don't order something with sauce, I always dunk my bread into the pasta dish of whomever I'm dining with. Also, they don't hit you over the head with their prices. It's may favorite.Special Features:
- great foodElinorGDined on 7/23/2014great little restaurant and very conveniently located in the Broadway district. Staff was very nice, accommodating and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mommyDined on 7/20/2014Good pre-theatre lunch/brunch spot. Service pretty good. Food was served quickly. Not the best Italian I've ever had but it was a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/16/2014Enjoyed our lunch. The staff were helpful and accommodating. I look forward to a future visit.
- Great dinner before theaterLucy1Dined on 7/15/2014Great food greAt service close to theaters. Had mozz & tomato (3 large) chicken pArm waiter said medium but was on the large sideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hungary, place to go!CejwiniteDined on 7/12/2014Daniela's food and service were very good. Chicken Portions are large so come with a big appetite or share..Special Features:
- DisappointingdmaroneDined on 7/12/2014The waiters made me feel rushed. They seemed to be hovering around our table waiting for us to order. Since I was prepared for this to happen we ordered slowly. We ordered the mozzarella sticks as an appetizer, which were pretty unappetizing. It came with what looked like tomato soup to dip instead of marinara and the mozzarella sticks were mushy. My mom then ordered a nice ceasar salad which was actually pretty good, very fresh. We also ordered sangria which was very good. I ordered the penne vodka for dinner, which was very salty, and she ordered fetucinni alfredo which she said was good. The other thing that annoyed me were the flies. Since they had the front windows/door open there were flies everywhere! Very annoying!
- OK, convenient to the theatre.MikeySquaredVIPDined on 7/11/2014Food was OK. Of our table of four, three of the prix fixe dinners. My Penne Arrabiata was suitably spicy. The cannoli shells were a bit soggy (probably from the humid weather, they did not seem pre-filled).Special Features:
- Dinner with familymy1streviewDined on 7/10/2014Made last minute dinner reservations for eight; not only was our table prepared we were seated immediately, our waiter was readily available to take our drink/appetizer/meal orders, we were comfortable and did not feel rushed at all.Special Features: