728 8th Ave
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.danielarestaurant.com/media/websitedaniela.html
- Phone: 212-869-3585
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm; Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 6:30am - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Javier Carrillo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Daniela's
Welcome to Daniela Trattoria! Offering age-old Italian tradition and timeless recipes that have been passed down through generations, this Italian restaurant successfully combines cuisine and atmosphere to create a dining experience that won’t soon be forgotten. Perfect for pre or post-theater visits and large parties, Daniela Trattoria is the kind of place that could be your home away from home. The smells of spices and homemade Italian cooking fill the air while a friendly and knowledgeable wait staff bends over backwards to cater to your every need. The menu is vast and impressive showcasing traditional Italian specialties. There is something here sure to tempt every palate even the most discriminating of gourmets! No matter what the occasion calls for or your appetite demands, the friendly staff at Daniela Trattoria promises to make your next dining experience truly unforgettable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Daniela's reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (44)great for lunch (31)good for groups (29)kid-friendly (17)fit for foodies (13)great for brunch (11)special occasion (10)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (5)romantic (4)scenic view (3)hot spot (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- martiniVIPDined on 8/30/2014Pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food, but it was so busy pre-theater on a Saturday, yet the prix-fixe dinner came out in well time intervals. Limited choices of wine by the glass.I would recommend this to a friend.
- JennyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014We order take out from Daniela's pretty frequently, and portions are very generous for very reasonable prices. We came into the restaurant and were surprised to see a different menu, with prices almost double what they are on the take out menu, for portions less than half the size. The food was good, we were just disappointed with the difference between delivery vs eat in
- OutstandingDrinks2dessertDined on 8/23/2014The food, service and setting was amazing. The staff was attentive, best Italian food from a restaurant I've had in a long time and I'm still thinking about the tiramisu I had for dessert. The whole experience was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrimeyJamieDined on 8/23/2014The ambiance was seriously lacking for a restaurant row establishement. The place is kind of a dump- dirty. We had to move tables because there was a sworm of knats flying around everywhere. Not what it seems on their website at all
- great findjerseyboyDined on 8/22/2014The staff at Daniella's was very accommodating. We had early reservations but part of our party got stuck in traffic. They honored our reservations even though we were over an hour late on a Saturday night. Food was great, service excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BreakfastLMMFDined on 8/22/2014Went with a few friends after seeing a concert at the today show. Definitely reasonable prices. Food was good, nothing special, but nothing bad. Service was a little slow. Overall good experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect pre theater spotJr121Dined on 8/21/2014I made a reservation here since it was around the corner from the show we were seeing. Unfortunately we got stuck in traffic and were running very late. We called the restaurant and asked if we could pre-order so our food would be ready when we got there. They graciously accommodated us! We had a wonderful meal and made it to the show on time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent friendly serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014Service is friendly, attentive and competent. Food is good but not memorable. Perfect for pretheater dining but not if diner is the focus of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great breakfast, attentive serviceCarolynSDined on 8/17/2014Great breakfast, attentive service, reasonable prices.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect pre- theater!SwaldmanVIPDined on 8/14/2014Don't get discouraged by negative reviews - this place is a gem! We went pre- theater on a Thursday evening. Great deal with a prix-fix meal of choice of salad or soup, choice of any chicken or pasta dish and coffee and dessert for $31! Great bargain for delicious Classic Italian in theater district. Service was attentive and nice. Give it a try!I would recommend this to a friend.
- SIMPLE DINNERfussy4Dined on 8/13/2014There were 6 of us and we were going to a Broadway show. This is a great place for pre theater as the service is very good and getting you to the theater on time. In fact we had plenty of time. I had the eggplant parm. and it was delicious. My daughter had claims in red sauce that was also delicious. I can honestly say that none of us left anything over on our plates. For dessert we had Tiramisu that was scrumptious. if you can get over the fact that its on 8th avenue so its very busy, this is a good find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good pre theatre spotLeisurelydinerDined on 8/12/2014Quick service and great location make this a good pre theatre spot. Menu is nice and simple. Food is decent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DianneFishfiletDined on 8/9/2014The waitstaff was very attentive. We never had unwanted plates at the table and all questions were answered clearly. When my daughter discovered that something had spilled on her dress, one of the waiters came over immediately with a cup of club soda and a towel. Our food was delicious. I highly recommend the fixed price menu - what a wonderful deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service!DB31Dined on 8/4/2014The pasta dinners were delicious and were brought to us quickly. The wait staff was very friendly and attentive. Our dinner at Daniela's was the most enjoyable dining experience we have had so far in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- penne alla vodka superbtrembdDined on 8/2/2014I went here after a show. The penne all a vodka was the best that I have had in years. The house red was okay. Waiter was attentive but not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WVtravelerDined on 7/27/2014Good food served extraordinarily quickly. Staff was friendly and efficient. The entire front of the restaurant opens up which gives a feeling of eating outside without fear of rain! We went before a theater matinee with no fears of making it to showtime. Enjoyed the pasta with vodka sauce and spinach salad. We will be returning on our next trip to NY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at Daniela'sHashDined on 7/25/2014There were eleven people in our group and everyone was pleased with their menu selections except for the lasagna. Wine and dessert were also good especially the over-sized connoli!The staff was attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!FoodisloveDined on 7/25/2014Ate here before a show. Great location, nice wine list, timely service. Price Fixe dinners are excellent value and lots of choices. Chicken Daniela was wonderful. Will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before TheatertheatergoerontherunDined on 7/25/2014Food and service were great! Portions huge... terrific salad and pasta with salmon wonderful choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always go back for moreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Every time I go to NYC, my family, friends and I always visit Daniela's. We always make reservations because it gets quite crowded. They just have great food and I love to eat. their sauce (or gravy depending on where you are from) is exceptional. Even if I personally don't order something with sauce, I always dunk my bread into the pasta dish of whomever I'm dining with. Also, they don't hit you over the head with their prices. It's may favorite.Special Features:
- great foodElinorGDined on 7/23/2014great little restaurant and very conveniently located in the Broadway district. Staff was very nice, accommodating and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mommyDined on 7/20/2014Good pre-theatre lunch/brunch spot. Service pretty good. Food was served quickly. Not the best Italian I've ever had but it was a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/16/2014Enjoyed our lunch. The staff were helpful and accommodating. I look forward to a future visit.
- Great dinner before theaterLucy1Dined on 7/15/2014Great food greAt service close to theaters. Had mozz & tomato (3 large) chicken pArm waiter said medium but was on the large sideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hungary, place to go!CejwiniteDined on 7/12/2014Daniela's food and service were very good. Chicken Portions are large so come with a big appetite or share..Special Features:
- DisappointingdmaroneDined on 7/12/2014The waiters made me feel rushed. They seemed to be hovering around our table waiting for us to order. Since I was prepared for this to happen we ordered slowly. We ordered the mozzarella sticks as an appetizer, which were pretty unappetizing. It came with what looked like tomato soup to dip instead of marinara and the mozzarella sticks were mushy. My mom then ordered a nice ceasar salad which was actually pretty good, very fresh. We also ordered sangria which was very good. I ordered the penne vodka for dinner, which was very salty, and she ordered fetucinni alfredo which she said was good. The other thing that annoyed me were the flies. Since they had the front windows/door open there were flies everywhere! Very annoying!
- OK, convenient to the theatre.MikeySquaredVIPDined on 7/11/2014Food was OK. Of our table of four, three of the prix fixe dinners. My Penne Arrabiata was suitably spicy. The cannoli shells were a bit soggy (probably from the humid weather, they did not seem pre-filled).Special Features:
- Dinner with familymy1streviewDined on 7/10/2014Made last minute dinner reservations for eight; not only was our table prepared we were seated immediately, our waiter was readily available to take our drink/appetizer/meal orders, we were comfortable and did not feel rushed at all.Special Features:
- I left very angrykss0202VIPDined on 7/9/2014I was with three children - 2 boys, ages 15 and 12, and one girl, age 8. She had penne ala vodka. She must have eaten about 4 bitefuls - the whole plate was still full. The waiter (or busboy) asked her if she wanted to take it home. She shrugged so he took it and threw it out. I was talking to the boys and eating at the time and didn't even notice. When they were taking my plate, I started to say that I wanted to take hers home and saw it was gone. I was furious. Who asks an 8-year-old and not the adult at the table? That was a $17 plate, with about $15 worth still in the bowl. They should have taken it off the bill. All I got was an "I'm sorry". I've eaten in this restaurant many times. Not so sure now...
- After TheaterluncheonDined on 7/5/2014Located right on 8th between 45th & 46th, Daniela's is convenient to the theaters. While not a fancy place, the food was good and the staff very attentive. Bathroom was clean.Special Features:
- Diverse MenuCallyDined on 7/3/2014I chose Daniela's because of the kid friendly menu and the proximity to the Neverlander. The food and service were quite good. It was not fancy and there was plenty for my two boys to choose from.Special Features:
- Great find!!DineNYCDined on 6/30/2014We Loved this restaurant and will be back soon. Atmosphere was great. Service was outstanding and Food was Awesome!Special Features:
- Good find..1dinerDined on 6/28/2014My daughter and I were looking for a good Italian restaurant to go to following a show. I selected Daniela's from several suggestions provided by OpenTable. I had a good feeling about it right from the beginning and the reviews confirmed I had made a good choice. Our ex perience was even better than expected. Thank you for a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theater dinnerOutnaboutDined on 6/27/2014Service was attentive and quick. Food was bland. We had a pizza that was soggy in the center and a clam pasta that had an oily flavor. Nothing appropriate for small children either.
- Good Pre-Theatre pickIlikegoodserviceDined on 6/25/2014We had a large group of 8 before a show...we were taken on time and service was very good. Portions were generous and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast, good serviceMarieDined on 6/20/2014Food was good, but efficient and fast service was the highlight
- a great find in theatre districtBarrybeeVIPDined on 6/18/2014great food. warm and homey. servers who are attentive an a great place near many theaters. Good value in price fixed lunch and dinner menus.Special Features:
- Perfect dinner dateCPEandWDined on 6/16/2014My wife and I grabbed a table for two and had a lovely time. Friendly staff. Good good. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyDinerVIPDined on 6/14/2014Service was great. Liked the place - had character. Food was mediocre. Location was great for broadway shows.
- Will be returning; Italian GemDianeDined on 6/14/2014The food was really good. And the staff was SO attentive with removing used plates, etc, that we had to hold on to our plates if we wanted to soak up the remaining sauce on the plate! Our only problem was wanting to wait for our main courses, but they came out just as I ate the last bite of my salad. I know most people would like that! We each did a different Prix Fix meal, and each person commented how good it was, and how we would definitely return.Special Features: