728 8th Ave
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.danielarestaurant.com/media/websitedaniela.html
- Phone: 212-869-3585
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm; Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 6:30am - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Javier Carrillo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Daniela's
Welcome to Daniela Trattoria! Offering age-old Italian tradition and timeless recipes that have been passed down through generations, this Italian restaurant successfully combines cuisine and atmosphere to create a dining experience that won’t soon be forgotten. Perfect for pre or post-theater visits and large parties, Daniela Trattoria is the kind of place that could be your home away from home. The smells of spices and homemade Italian cooking fill the air while a friendly and knowledgeable wait staff bends over backwards to cater to your every need. The menu is vast and impressive showcasing traditional Italian specialties. There is something here sure to tempt every palate even the most discriminating of gourmets! No matter what the occasion calls for or your appetite demands, the friendly staff at Daniela Trattoria promises to make your next dining experience truly unforgettable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Daniela's reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (43)great for lunch (27)good for groups (24)kid-friendly (21)late-night find (12)great for brunch (11)fit for foodies (10)special occasion (10)romantic (5)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- ShellDined on 10/23/2014We ate here before the theater. We were concerned about getting out on time and I have to say the service was excellent. We were also fortunate enough to be seated upstairs where there were very few people so there was no noise. The food, however, was minimally acceptable and we were surprised to see that this restaurant did not have a rating.
- Daniela's Trattoria -HungryRoadWarriorDined on 10/22/2014I took a group of associates to Daniela's because they could accommodate a group of 12 before 8:00. The service was very good and the prices were alright but the food was just fair. My veal was dry and overcooked. The red sauce was not very flavorful. I heard similar comments from others in my group. If you're in a hurry and can't get a table at Carmine's then you can fill up at Daniela's.Special Features:
- Scott ESEMEVIPDined on 10/18/2014Traffic was bad and we were expecting a little late. They took us. Service was great and food was better.no problem making showSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The Food and service were wonderful. EVerything we ate was enjoyed but it was a little Pricey.Special Features:
- Disappointeddb999Dined on 10/18/2014I chose this restaurant because it was well reviewed. I don't get it. The service was poor. The waiter seemed really annoyed that we asked a couple of questions about the menu and kept talking to other waiters while we were ordering. The food was nothing special. It is loud and cramped. Will not return
- For pre-theater Daniella's is a winMarthaCritiqueVIPDined on 10/17/2014Their homemade pastas are delicious. The sangria robust. The service friendly. The menu includes lots of choices. I'd recommend it in a heartbeat prior to theater but go early. It's popular and crowded!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian flavorKeepitrealDined on 10/13/2014Our group of five ladies felt very welcome and comfortable as soon as we walked in. The service was prompt and courteous. The menu had great variety. My daughter didn't expect the pesto to be quite so heavy, but my dish was spectacular. We always had bread and our glasses were always full. We loved the atmosphere and decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!MamaMia06Dined on 10/12/2014Plentiful, delicious prix fixe menu - quite affordable for NYC. Great attentive service. Convenient area to theater - will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theater diningSSK1978Dined on 10/11/2014Our party was seated promptly. Luckily, we were escorted to the upstairs dining area as the lower one was very noisy and crowded. Our waitress was attentive and helpful. Our entrees were quite delicious and the portions were large. The priced fix menu was $31 which was reasonable. The downfall to this restaurant is that the staff runs up and down the stairs and through the aisles at a quick pace and also the noise level.Special Features:
- Service above & BeyondBethVIPDined on 10/11/2014We dined at Daniela's on October 11th for lunch before a Broadway matinee. The food was delicious and the service was off the charts! So attentive and well choreographed! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpriced low-quality italianirkinReviewDined on 10/7/2014It's not easy to find good restaurant near Broadway theaters. We dined at Daniela because it was close to the theater, we had a limited time before the show. My caprese salad was made of three pieces of low-quality tomatoes (this is when good tomatoes are in season!), low-quality mozzarella and basil. My friends had eggplant plant parmigiana, they liked their food.
- Great place!ChrissyDined on 10/4/2014This was our first visit to NYC and we had an 8pm Broadway show planned for Saturday night. This was a perfect pre-show dinner spot. We had a 5pm reservation. Service was incredible. When our food came out, at least 5 servers were available to fill our water, bring more drinks, add fresh parmesan or pepper upon request, etc. Service was so great that we were done after an hour and 15 minutes (and that's taking our time with dessert!) I will definitely be coming back to this restaurant on my next NYC trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowLisaDined on 10/1/2014Excellent food. Great price fix menu. Service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014We really enjoyed this restaurant. The food was great and the service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reliable pre-theatre diningpwbeantownDined on 9/27/2014Our second visit to Daniela's, this time for lunch before a matinee. Again the service was friendly and efficient and the food was very good. I enjoyed penne a la vodka, with the pasta properly al dente and a tasty sauce. We rely on Daniela's before the theatre!Special Features:
- wonderful mealnativenewyorkerDined on 9/24/2014Seven of us went to dinner for my husband's birthday. We sat upstairs and had plenty of room. The food was excellent and the service was wonderful. I would go back.Special Features:
- Extremely PleasedDavidDined on 9/20/2014My 12 year old daughter and I ate here Saturday evening and were incredibly pleased with the friendly, accommodating staff and with the quality of the food. Our server, Patrick, was patient with my daughter and was flexible regarding her requests. The portions were a bit too big, which is relatively common but the food was fantastic. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast Servicekc1213Dined on 9/20/2014We had tickets for a 8pm Saturday night broadway show around the corner and the waitstaff was very attentive and quick to get us seated right away. Our food came quickly. We had multiple waiters attending to our drinks and making sure our meal was going well. The food was good. It was something I could have made myself, but I have no complaints. I recommend this place for a nice quick dinner before your show.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElsewhereDined on 9/16/2014We enjoyed our choices of chicken dishes. The service was attentive and the ambience was comfortable.Special Features:
- pdg123VIPDined on 9/14/2014Fine for quick pre-theatre. Not fine dining. ----------------------------------------------
- Lil37Dined on 9/14/2014We needed a restaurant that was near the theatre we were going and Daniela's was right there. Our table was ready for 1:15 reservation. Waiters were friendly and attentive and were right there when we needed something. My sister and I ordered chicken marsala which was delicious. It was plentiful and came out piping hot. My husband asked if they had a turkey club sandwich and they made on up for him. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatthatOG24Dined on 9/13/2014Great food. Great service. Great to host groups of people.Special Features:
- Great experienceTruview3Dined on 9/13/2014My family and dined at Daniela's for dinner before a show and it was wonderful. The food was delicious, the location was perfect, and the service was the best. I especially enjoyed my prix fixe dinner with salad, homemade pasta, and Vesuvius dessert. Thank you Daniela's for such a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Song Worth ItLizDDined on 9/13/2014Food was mediocre, but good deal for the pre fix ($31 for soup or salad, entree (pasta or chicken), and coffee and dessert). It was extremely loud and some very annoying people nearby. However, our night was truly awesome because I had requested to get a birthday dessert for my grandma since we were celebrating her birthday. They turned off all the lights on our level of the restaurant and everyone sang to her when they brought the cake out. IT WAS AWESOME and made my grandma's night. Thank you!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time disappointed -OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Been here numerous times but from the minute we sat down should have known things would not go well. Three different waiters tried to come over and rush our order. Our server did not understand our order and not seem to know the menu. My daughter is a vegetarian and her food with meat which we asked to hold and then we watched them just remove and send back out. I am not a prejudice person, but I don't believe anyone there that day spoke English as the primary language.
- Good food. No passion.anonymousDined on 9/6/2014Booked this for dinner before a Broadway play. The food was good, but the waiter had no emotion. Almost didn't care. We didn't care about the noise factor because we had 3 children in tow. The staff definitely got us out in time to make the play. We had the prix fixe dinner and they brought dessert while we were still eating dinner (this was not by request).
- Pre-theater sensationSnowflakeDined on 9/6/2014We usually go someplace fancier than Daniela's when we go to the theater, but it was so conveniently located to the show we were seeing, we decided to try it. The food and service were excellent and we actually got through dinner with a lot of time to spare. My wife and I split three courses, starting with the Salad Caprese (tomato and mozzarella), followed by that days special pasta dish, black linguini with mussels and other seafood, and finally, Chicken Francese. Everything was great, the portions were substantial and we actually finished dinner in an hour, leaving us with 30 minutes to walk around before going to the show. The bill was only $100 including our drinks and coffee, tax and tip, so very reasonable. I'd go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine before theatreJftroopmomDined on 9/6/2014We chose Daniela's because the reviews on trip advisor were very positive & it was close to the theatre. However we found the food was just ok, the waiter took our order, repeated the order & then came back 5 minutes later to ask if we wanted an appetizer ( which we had ordered). Would not recommend Daniela's except as last minute resort for pre- theatre.Special Features:
- Faster than a fast food restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Very fast and attentive service. Very to the theatre district so convenient to grab a bite prior to a matinée. Food was better than expect. Noise level was deafening mainly because patrons are packed in like sardines so there is no buffer for normal conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent choiceAnniversaryDinnerDined on 9/2/2014We chose Daniela's from list of theater district restaurants after reading lots of reviews, and we were not disappointed! The manager was welcoming, the wait staff attentive, and the food was excellent. The excellent meal and service helped to make our 52nd anniversary special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- martiniVIPDined on 8/30/2014Pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food, but it was so busy pre-theater on a Saturday, yet the prix-fixe dinner came out in well time intervals. Limited choices of wine by the glass.I would recommend this to a friend.
- JennyJennyDined on 8/29/2014We order take out from Daniela's pretty frequently, and portions are very generous for very reasonable prices. We came into the restaurant and were surprised to see a different menu, with prices almost double what they are on the take out menu, for portions less than half the size. The food was good, we were just disappointed with the difference between delivery vs eat in
- Great For Pre / Post TheatreRonCDined on 8/28/2014This is a small Italian restaurant in the heart of the theatre district. Service is fast, friendly and efficient for those going to the theatre. Post theatre it is quieter and more relaxed making for a nice Italian meal either way. The menu contain all one would expect in an Italian restaurant with very reasonable prices, especially considering its location in the Times Square area. This is one of my favorite choice in this area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDrinks2dessertDined on 8/23/2014The food, service and setting was amazing. The staff was attentive, best Italian food from a restaurant I've had in a long time and I'm still thinking about the tiramisu I had for dessert. The whole experience was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrimeyJamieDined on 8/23/2014The ambiance was seriously lacking for a restaurant row establishement. The place is kind of a dump- dirty. We had to move tables because there was a sworm of knats flying around everywhere. Not what it seems on their website at all
- great findjerseyboyDined on 8/22/2014The staff at Daniella's was very accommodating. We had early reservations but part of our party got stuck in traffic. They honored our reservations even though we were over an hour late on a Saturday night. Food was great, service excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BreakfastLMMFDined on 8/22/2014Went with a few friends after seeing a concert at the today show. Definitely reasonable prices. Food was good, nothing special, but nothing bad. Service was a little slow. Overall good experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect pre theater spotJr121Dined on 8/21/2014I made a reservation here since it was around the corner from the show we were seeing. Unfortunately we got stuck in traffic and were running very late. We called the restaurant and asked if we could pre-order so our food would be ready when we got there. They graciously accommodated us! We had a wonderful meal and made it to the show on time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent friendly serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014Service is friendly, attentive and competent. Food is good but not memorable. Perfect for pretheater dining but not if diner is the focus of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great breakfast, attentive serviceCarolynSDined on 8/17/2014Great breakfast, attentive service, reasonable prices.I would recommend this to a friend.