60 East 65th St.
New York, NY 10065Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.danielnyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 288-0033
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday, 5:30pm -10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Daniel Boulud
- Dress Code: Jacket Required
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Feast & Fêtes is Daniel’s exclusive catering company. It provides Daniel’s sumptuous cuisine combined with personalized service and attention to every detail of your off-premise entertaining needs. Call Jean Christophe Le Picart at (212)737-2224.
A word from Daniel
Daniel Boulud’s namesake restaurant features contemporary, seasonal French cuisine in a setting that combines striking neoclassical architecture with elegant modern furnishings. The sophisticated bar and lounge are a welcoming spot for before and after dinner drinks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Daniel reviews from OpenTable diners
237 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (203)romantic (162)fit for foodies (146)notable wine list (137)neighborhood gem (25)hot spot (24)good for groups (15)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (5)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014I was delighted with my dinner at Daniel. I arrived from London and went to Daniel on my very first night in NYC. The food was superb and beautifully presented. The bread was warm and so delicious, it could have been a course on it's own. The waiters were charming and very engaging, making us feel very involved in the dining experience. The sommelier was excellent, giving us two wine choices, which both matched our food. This enabled us to choose a wine depending on how we felt, our mood and particular preferences. We received a number of little extras: canapés, amuse bouches, petit fours and a number of tasty little madeleines which were packed up for us at the end of the meal. These touches were thoughtful and made us feel extremely special. If don't know if everyone is treated as well as we were but that certainly made it one of (if not the) top dining experiences that I have had. As an international eater, that's saying a lot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is, by far, my favorite NY RestaurantFoodislifeDined on 11/18/2014As usual Daniel delivers amazing food. Yes it's classic and its light on molecular gastronomy but that's what's wonderful about Daniel, it's food you can understand! From a delicious celebration of broccoli to amazing little pork belly bites that melt like pork candy in your mouth. This is French farm food elevated to new highs. Far and above the other big names in NY, it's simply gray food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No stars here. Very dissapointed. Start to finishGmanVIPDined on 11/15/2014My wife and I were so looking forward to dining at Daniel to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and my wife's 60th birthday. Many reviews were stunning and we are decent foodies and had high expectations. Made reservation 30 days ahead to assure a good table. We were placed at a table overlooking the main dining room and not in it. Almost like the bleachers, if there is such a thing at a storied restaurant like Daniel. The staff focused on the main dining floor and left the bleacher section mostly unattended. We actually needed to flag down a waiter to order our main courses. We ordered the prix fix and again were very dissapointed. The starter was very overdone and salty, the steak trio was overcooked and tastless and we hardly were served dessert. Only when we asked the waiter IF we were getting dessert did he "rush" to find it 40 minutes later. Never was there an offer of coffee or after dinner drinks. To add insult to injury, I left my credit card behind and upon phoning the restaurant was told they could not find it. I asked if they could phone me if the card was found, they said, "not our policy we recommend you just cancel it". Our check was $400 without tip and we honestly felt ripped off. A very poor showing for one of the porported top restaurants in the country. We will not return....
- Mediocore serviceFoodieDined on 11/14/2014I would think that the service would be tip top for the price of dining...It took about 10 minutes for us to get our check. The food was of course very good, but not that amazing experience I was expecting..I would recommend this to a friend.
- loveSue23Dined on 11/12/2014Food was delicious, service was impeccable. Definitely the perfect place for a special occasion, but I'd come here more often if I could afford. Everyone who works here is very nice, professional, and makes you feel at ease. I had a perfect night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience !Texas15Dined on 11/12/2014This restaurant was exquisite! Loved our meal and the whole evening. The staff was so congenial and we had a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent in every way.RonaldDined on 11/12/2014The dining experience was the best, professional, friendly, efficient. The food was of the highest level of French quinine. When you pay the price you expect the very best and Daniel did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/11/2014Even though I am not a huge fan of the French cuisine, I loved this place. The service was the best I have ever had at any restaurant. If someone at the table got up someone was there to magically be in place almost to keep them company while they were gone. Never had a low drink, never had to ask and things just appeared and got done. A truly great experience and worth the money to at least do it once!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best I have ever had. Ever.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2014Very pleasantly surprised at the attention to detail--not just the good but also the service. I felt taken care of from the moment I walked in the door all the way to when a server walked a block away to hail a cab for us--at one in the morning! Such a great experience overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way Over Priced No AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014I booked the dinner for my wife and I as we were on our honeymoon, I thought I would book somewhere very nice for us to have a great dinner but overall we were disappointed. The place looked nice but it was so quiet in there you couldn't talk as everybody in the restaurant could hear what you were talking about it was too quiet. The waiters rushed the food to us and we felt like we couldn't enjoy the evening as one of the waiters was basically standing behind my wife and watching everything we were doing. The food was nice and we were both stuffed after it but I don't feel it was worth the money we spent. Overall disappointing experience and we would not go back when in NYC.
- SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014One of the best restaurants I have ever been to. Great ambience, the food was delicious, good portions. We had the menu recommended by the Chef and the 7 plates were spectacular. Great wine list and the service unbelievableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experienceDJ03Dined on 11/3/2014Delicious food, perfectly executed classics of french food like the "Fois Gras" and the Agnollotti with white truffels....even better the "Duo of Beef".... The service was perfect, very well trained personal who gives you full attention but also gives you the privacy you need to have a nice conversation with the other people at table, which is very difficult to see in restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceWineLoverFromJPNDined on 10/31/2014I'm from Japan and look 15 years younger than my age, so I often get "what is this kid doing in a place like this" kind of service when I go to a fancy place like this, but that did not happen at this place. Everyone was very professional and friendly - I really thought the service was superb. I ordered the full course meal with an additional white truffle dish. I was very happy with the amount of truffle they put on it. Aslo, every plate looked very artistic and everything was cooked to the perfect temperature which brought out the best texture of each ingredient. We also order a bottle of white burgundy, and the sommelier selected the perfect wine according to what we described. Needless to say, beautiful dining area that adds a lot to your special experience. I had a wonderful experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StellarFoodieFiendDined on 10/29/2014The experience was everything one would expect after reading all the recommendations on the various sites, including OpenTable. Elegant and incapable of improvement in terms of services, ambiance and menu items. We did the prix fixe of three and were very satisfied and actually full by the end. Perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kentuckysquireDined on 10/29/2014Daniel is the ultimate and we have been to several top 10 n y restaurants. 6 sweets is a bit over the top but appreciated. staff was a significant plus in the experience. the price is strictly for the upper 1 percentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/27/2014It was an excellent experience all throughout. The food and wine superb, the service impeccable. It's definitely a special place to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply OutstandingTanyaDined on 10/27/2014Our best dining experience ever!! The food was excellent. The service prompt and extremely helpful. Every trip to New York will include a dinner here. Very pricey but well worth it!Special Features:
- Dock in Michelin status deserved.LewisVIPDined on 10/27/2014Got the white truffle tasting menu and was very disappointed in what was presented. The tasting menu was basically four dishes that were identical to the regular tasting menu with white truffles shaved onto it. I could have brought my own white truffle and done that. I can see why the restaurant was dock a point by Michelin, as the menu was very uninspiring, and nothing that was presented made me wish I had more of that specific dish.
- Red Deer and wine paringstomasd02Dined on 10/24/2014Plan to go there again, I liked the deliciously prepared Red Deer and wine parings....How did they know I love a good Port after dinner !?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- garbagejohnfinneyDined on 10/24/2014Seriously don't go there food was awful. Such a disappointment the bread was the tastiest.Special Features:
- Good-food tasty, service top notchGreatDined on 10/23/2014We received excellent service, it was a somewhat formal meal but not stuffy. The food was good.... I am vegetarian, so perhaps tougher to please. My husband is not. We both thought it was a great night, we were well looked after, food all tasty but not really exceptional. I would definitely go back if someone else is paying!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodBh613122Dined on 10/22/2014Took my out-of-town guests here - including one professional food critic from Shanghai- universally impressed and wonderful surprise to meet the chef after the meal. I come here once in a blue moon and never had bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last night in NYCLuvmyfoodDined on 10/20/2014We saved the best until last. We all loved the slick service which was understated and professional. The food was excellent; delicate and fragrant the best food of the week. The cocktails were a real highlight as the ingredients did not fight with your food. And we're fantastically dressed ! Especially one called Easy Pickings! The staff were very lovely and we will definitely go back again. Loved it ! Loved it !Special Features:
- GrateAndrewDined on 10/17/2014The food is amaizing, the service more than 5stars, the atencion increible, the food wasent my best seleccion for the price, ive been to expensive restaurantes, but i do think this is over pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining at it's bestFoodAdventurerDined on 10/17/2014Each dish was perfectly prepared, and I spent the meal surprised and delighted. The wine list is absolutely chock full of fun choices. It is a visually stunning restaurant. The staff... Well, they are perfectly trained, friendly and incredibly helpful. This was one of the best meals that I have ever had the pleasure to have had.Special Features:
- A Dream Come TrueWe2foodies4everDined on 10/16/2014My husband and I have been fans of Chef Daniel Boulud for years. It was an opportunity of a lifetime to dine at Daniel Restaurant. All of the staff were extremely professional and ensured that our dining experience was spectacular. I use a power wheelchair for mobility and staff escorted me through the accessible entrance, so I didn't need to worry about any potential obstacles. My husband and I celebrated 21 years together and the pastry chef prepared a special dessert for us in addition to the desserts we selected in the three course meal. Every item was incredibly delicious and we left extremely satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2014What can I say about Daniel. If you want your senses to be awakened and have one of the finest food experiences of your life, eat at Daniel. Pricey? Yes. Worth every penny? Yes. Don't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/13/2014Properly best food i ever taste, great service. Cant wait to come back to New York and Daniel :)Special Features:
- Above Michelin StarsWonderfulWinoVIPDined on 10/13/2014Why the loss of a star? Have been there twice this year in April and now in October. Same lofty standards of excellence in food, wine and service... Grouse with foie gras, terrine of pigeon, etc. These are challenges that only Daniel takes, excels in results and thus deserves the highest accolades. The wine list is fabulous, with some gems that would be hard to find at retail at the price Daniel charges... Go and enjoy...Special Features:
- Fine dining at its best!BenAndNicoleDined on 10/13/2014Daniel is definitely worthy of being one of the top restaurants in the world. Impeccable service that delivered a tasting menu that brought our tasting buds alive! We also got to tour the kitchen and see how the magic happens. We hope to return one day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb in every way!Pamt1919Dined on 10/11/2014Yes, Daniel is expensive, but it is worth it in every way. It could be the dining experience of your lifetime. We've eaten at there twice, and on both occasions the food was magnificent, but the service was even better. Attentive, friendly, but never in your face. The food was inventive and tasty throughout - starting from a 3 piece amuse bouch - a bit of sauteed hamachi (fluke) with a sweet potato gremolata, a sweet potato soup with a thin layer of chocolate (sounds wierd, but it was delicious), and a bit of smoked salmon with sauteed sweet potato, all the way to the signature lemon madeleines, warm from the oven. The best thing about Daniel is that all get the same great service. No A-list, B-list concept here, hard to find in NYC.Special Features:
- It's ok.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/11/2014Nothing is bad but noothing special. Ingredients are not necessarily the freshest. The bigger problem is that the restaurant seems to be lost in finding the right balance between being creative while being traditional.Special Features:
- Worth itMdefoscheDined on 10/10/2014It's expensive but it's worth every cent for the amazing food and incredible service. We got the seven course tasting menu and with two amuse bouche before the main course, seven courses, and then two additional sweet treats in addition we were comatose at the table. We also did the wine paring which didn't help. It was amazing and we loved every bite but our eyes were bigger than our stomachs. :) Great for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dining experienceGreatVIPDined on 10/10/2014Daniel truly is a classic restaurant with impeccable service. We chose the 3 course menu over the 7 course tasting only because of timing. The 7 course required a 3 hour sit down. We were very pleased with our 3 course and walked away feeling more than satisfied. I was full for hours. We were 2 people and the meal started with an amazing amuse bouche, which I cannot even describe in words. We ordered Apps: Duck terrine & squash ravioli, Mains: Black sea bass & duo of beef, Desserts: Fraises et coquelicots & les mille pistaches. In addition, they brought out some other desserts including fresh, warm madeilenes. We wrapped it up with some tea. The entire experience was perfect from beginning to end. Every bite was delicious and memorable.Special Features:
- Worth the Pricefood4thoughtDined on 10/10/2014Watching the servers is like watching a corps de ballet that has performed together for years. Everything is done with panache and a style that suggests you, and you alone, are the reason and inspiration for the evening. The food, each and every serving, is a revelation of flavor and inconceivable combinations of ingredients that somehow attain perfect harmony on the palate. Your one wish is that your night might never end. Artists at work!Special Features:
- Outstanding and kid-friendlySouperchicDined on 10/10/2014I've previously visited 2x on business. This time, for a family girl's wknd. Our group of 4 included my 66 year-old mother, 16-year old niece and 4-year old daughter and me. They truly exceeded my expectations. Upon being seated, they came by w/multiple types of pillows to prop my daughter up on the chair, many of the staff came by to talk & joke with her. The waiter indicated that she could order anything she wanted from the menu, or that the chef could prepare her spaghetti and that her meal would be free. The maitre-d'hotel gave the kids a kitchen tour kitchen, chef hats & took their picture w/ the pastry chefs. We were made to feel so welcome and everyone in my group was on a high upon leaving. The food, as always, was spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't meet expectationukfoodiesDined on 10/9/2014I had a high expectation but it did not deliver when I had dinner there Thu Oct 9th. I rate the experience 7.5 out of 10. I chose the tasting menu with the Tier 2 paired wines. It was difficult to assess how to choose this Tier of wine as I was told the sommelier would select based on those bottles opened during service that evening, about which I was rather concerned. Anyway, the wines we had were very good. For me, the best course by far was the sword fish and chorizo and was superb. The most disappointing course was the beef rib eye, as it tasted more like a carpaccio. I felt there was a heavy emphasis on crunchy textures, which was fine, whereas I felt the flavours were average; singing high notes were in short suppySpecial Features:
- Manuel14Dined on 10/8/2014Very good food,but the langostins was olders and they most to change the plate for oysters.This thing is extrage for a restaurant like Daniel.Special Features:
- AnExpatWifeVIPDined on 10/8/2014Everything else was excellent - just as I expected it to be. And also especially as Daniel himself was there to keep an eye on things. We were treated to a tasty amuse bouche, chef's appetisers and even an extra dessert to share. this was all then topped of by some wonderful freshly baked orange madeleines. It was a great evening and a fabulous foodie experience to visit Daniel but I'm not sure I'll be rushing to come back. Maybe it is just a bit too 'formal'... I'm not sure. It just didn't have the 'wow' factor I'd hoped for. full review and pictures - http://www.anexpatwife.com/the-restaurant-blogSpecial Features:
- Excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2014The food was excellent. The service was superb. We were celebrating our anniversary and the restaraunt was very romantic. It was expensive, but the overall experience was worth it and worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.