60 East 65th St.
New York, NY 10065Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.danielnyc.com/
- Phone: 2122880033x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday, 5:30pm -10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Daniel Boulud
- Dress Code: Jacket Required
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Feast & Fêtes is Daniel’s exclusive catering company. It provides Daniel’s sumptuous cuisine combined with personalized service and attention to every detail of your off-premise entertaining needs. Call Jean Christophe Le Picart at (212)737-2224.
A word from Daniel
Daniel Boulud’s namesake restaurant features contemporary, seasonal French cuisine in a setting that combines striking neoclassical architecture with elegant modern furnishings. The sophisticated bar and lounge are a welcoming spot for before and after dinner drinks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Daniel reviews from OpenTable diners
279 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (241)romantic (206)fit for foodies (168)notable wine list (166)neighborhood gem (28)hot spot (23)good for groups (17)vibrant bar scene (13)great for lunch (6)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (3)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- AMAZINGleo30thVIPDined on 9/27/2014We spent our first year anniversary at Daniel. It was such a special evening! EVERYTHING was wonderful (especially the service)! This will definitely become a tradition on our anniversary. MERCI !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014The food and service are outstanding. It really was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I mean, yeah...awesomesauceDined on 9/26/2014Daniel lives up to its absurd hype. The food was great, the meal was perfectly paced, the service was impeccably coordinated. I have nothing even remotely negative to say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very special place in Manhattan1LuxuryReviewerDined on 9/25/2014Daniel is a gem in every way: impeccable service with amazing attention to detail, amazing combination of flavours that can excite even a very experience gourmand. A temple of culinary joy! You will always be looked after in this place. We were celebrating a special occasion and it was made special and memorable in every way!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/24/2014Wow, this is out third time back at Daniel and we go every time we travel to NY. Starting from the greeting we received, through to the servcie, the truly amazing food and right through to the little extras the dining experience was even better than the first time we went 3 yrs ago. To top it off the servcie was brilliant, not too stiff but warm, genuine and pleasant and we loved it and will look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Superb restaurantLovetoeatDined on 9/24/2014I loved dining at Daniel. I opted for the 3 course Fixed price option and it was superb. There were plenty of options to choose between. The service, ambience and food were wonderful. It is a must for anyone coming to New York.Special Features:
- Awesome, elusiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/23/2014Environment. cordiality, and finally the food. It was great to experience a fantastic experience with the service of food very friendly staff.Special Features:
- A step back to a bygone ageSullivanDined on 9/23/2014Daniel was everything you would expect a top Zagat rated establishment to be, elegant, attentive, and attuned to the needs of its patrons. Our waiter assisted in selecting a wonderful set of wines to go with our meals, was near by when question arose and far enough away to allow to intimate talking and quiet dining. After a fabulous meal complete with between course selections of amuse bouche, we were invited by the maître d' to tour the kitchen and meet the Executive Chef. A must for any Special Occasions, especially anniversaries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/22/2014Excellent,superb,worth a trip to NY just to eat here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best gets better2DCEatersVIPDined on 9/20/2014Second trip to Daniel. Superb cuisine and stealth service. I couldn't ask for more. We travel from DC to have this experience and will do it again again! Don't skimp if dining out as a celebration. We did the 7 course and was blown away. Couldn't ask for a more satisfying meal. Portions were right for us hearty eaters yet we weren't overstuffed. From the hamachi to the waygu beef. The meal was better than good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Awesome, every single detail was perfect! We will never forget our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Great foot with impeccable service. Three course meal is filling with all of the extra/samples that are brought to you throughout the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly disappointingTryingnewplacesVIPDined on 9/19/2014Went to Daniel for the first time to celebrate an anniversary with my girlfriend and we both left disappointed with the experience. We ordered the 7 course tasting menu and associated wine pairing - and at the end of the meal, there wasn't a single dish that I would recommend someone to order. The food itself was decent, though a little bland, and hardly deserving of the accolades that Daniel receives. The wine pairing was the biggest weakness of the meal. While the pairing contained many producers / vintages that I was not familiar with, the wines themselves were thoroughly uninspiring. The service was good and the customized. menu / dessert plate were appreciated. The meal overall was decent, though far short of a 3 star experience.
- Made our evening even more specialNyceatersDined on 9/19/2014We went to celebrate our wedding anniversary and since I have food allergies I chose one tasting menu. Hub wanted the other one, but there was a rule that all should order the same in the table for logistical reasons. They made an exception and that was perfect for us. All the courses were perfect, and in the end, we were offered a special dessert wishing us Happy Anniversary. That was very thoughtful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food & ServiceHoustonFoodiesDined on 9/17/2014Decor is a bit cold, but who cares with the magnificent food and service. Works out to around $250 per person, but it's worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DanieljellenDined on 9/17/2014The service was excellent the amount of food was more than sufficient. The quality of the food was mixed. The scallops appetizer was excellent, the lobster salad was so-so. The striped bass entree was excellent while the rack of lamb was tasty but fatty. The chocolate desserts were great and the cappuccino was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant it´s the bestRicaDined on 9/16/2014This restaurant gave an outstanding dinnig experience, the service, the food, the ambiance, everything in this place works to make you have the best experience you can.Special Features:
- CongratulationsGuokDined on 9/15/2014It was a great experience food is marvelous, service outstanding. CongratulationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredibly DeliciousJanetzimDined on 9/15/2014This was one of the most memorable meals of our lives. We have been to Daniel several times before and know the ambience, service and food to be outstanding, but this time the food was so incredibly delicious, with nuanced flavors and interesting combinations of ingredients. Truly an extraordinary experience from start to finish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super perfectStinaDined on 9/15/2014Best food I have eat, just perfect! And so was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heavenly!rbjnyVIPDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I saved our pennies to celebrate his birthday. Everything was superb; this is dining perfection. We think the price for dinner is actually quite reasonable for the level of food, service and ambiance. The wine list prices however are very very steep. A great place for a teetotaler or someone who is prepared to spend $150 and up a for a half bottle of wine. Only other complaint is it is clear that prime time Saturday night reservations are reserved for regulars, not just folks who start calling at the dot of 9 am on the first day reservations are open. (I finally got through on the line at 9:25 am, and ended up with a 6:15 pm reservation.) Would go again in a heartbeat! An amazing amazing experience!Special Features:
- Great celebration dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 9/12/2014Truly wonderful dining experience. Outstanding wine pairing with generous pours, also very generous portions with menu.Special Features:
- A great EveningWelcomebenVIPDined on 9/12/2014Fantastic restaurant - great wine list with some well priced wine. Main courses were stunning and well sized. Would come back anytime. The décor is absolutely gorgeous.Special Features:
- Great good in stiff atmosphereSwedishChefDined on 9/12/2014Food was awesome, but the young staff gave a nervous impression and made the experience not perfect. If you prefer a silent environment and several waiters looking at you at all times this could be a perfect dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014I brought my mother here to celebrate her birthday. After a long week of New York's Fashion Week, neither one of us wanted a noisey, hustle and bustle restaurant. It was so nice to have a quiet, delicious meal. Not to mention her white cosmo was to die for! It was so pretty! It was a wonderful night and the staff was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fabulous!DanielsfansfronperuDined on 9/8/2014Everything was formidable. Service impeccable. Foie gras delicious. Rabbit too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top tenBarbDined on 9/8/2014I have traveled worldwide and eaten in 5 star restaurants everywhere. Daniel is included in my top ten. It is an outstanding experience. From the welcome at the door to the last thank you for dining with us, it could not have been any better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Outstanding food and impeccable service. One of the world's best professional culinary experiences!Special Features:
- Worth the splurgeFoodFanVIPDined on 9/2/2014Restaurant Daniel is one of those gems that delivers every time. You will be pampered and dazzled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best we have ever experienced!beachdiningDined on 8/29/2014There is no doubt that Daniel is the best of the best. Every review, everything we had been told was spot on! There is simply nothing any better! The service is something you will only get at a restaurant of this caliber. I will remember our dining experience for years to come!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/29/2014Best Foid Gras and food presentation. Desserts were awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveninglawprofDined on 8/29/2014I ate here with two members of my family. We each had a version of the three-course menu. We were particularly impressed with the service. It was unobtrusive but always present when you needed it, and our particular service made as as comfortable as if we were eating with friends. The entrees (beef for one of us, lamb chops for another) were extremely well done. And we particularly liked the amuse-bouches. My favorite of the night was a kumquat. My son-in-law loved the basil-cassis gelato; he would only share teeny bits with the rest of us.Special Features:
- Great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014Detailed attention by everyone, specially help from somelier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoanDined on 8/25/2014Superb, as always. Couldn't ask for better food and service. Staff was helpful and friendly. Will continue to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the bestDChandlerDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant NEVER fails...simply the best. I have experienced 3 Stars around the world - this is the restaurant to which I compare. If 4 stars could be given, Daniel would be the first in line. Bucket list this tasting and pairing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionNorthshoreguyVIPDined on 8/22/2014What can you say....everything was perfect....especially our captain Kevin....2nd time there and we will return again.....tasting menu lets the kitchen strutt it's stuff...well worth it..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingkxz1VIPDined on 8/22/2014I am not a huge fan of French food so I was somewhat concerned, but the food was amazing. We had the tasting menu and unlike many tasting menus not only was the presentation beautiful, but each tasting was delicious. The service was some o the best I've had. Extremely attentive without being overbearing and not at all stuffy. The spacing between courses was perfect which I think a lot of restaurants struggle to get right. I loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ..StamingaballsVIPDined on 8/21/2014Top 5 restaurants I've ever been to . We celebrated my wife's birthday . We ordered the 7 course meal and because my wife is preagnet they substituted the 1st 2 courses with another 2 which was nice . The food was top notch and so was service. . I only have 1 complaint , when we arrived we were asked sparkling water or flat and we went with sparkling . Througout the night they filled our glasses without us asking which was nice , but we were charged for. 2 bottles at 12$ Each . Overall it was great thou .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but overratedTesterDined on 8/20/2014Food is good, but nothing new or refreshing. Service and wine is good.Special Features:
- Memorable evening for all familyMrsvsheppardDined on 8/20/2014We went to Daniels whilst in NYC for my husbands birthday. The food was amazing, but better still the staff, welcoming and friendly. On finding out our 10 year old wants to be a chef...shipped him of to the kitchens for a back stage tour, a demo on Madeleine making and a souvenir chefs hat! Who would have guessed! Thanks to all for a fantastic memorable evening.Special Features: