60 East 65th St.
New York, NY 10065Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.danielnyc.com/
- Phone: 2122880033x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday, 5:30pm -10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Daniel Boulud
- Dress Code: Jacket Required
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Feast & Fêtes is Daniel’s exclusive catering company. It provides Daniel’s sumptuous cuisine combined with personalized service and attention to every detail of your off-premise entertaining needs. Call Jean Christophe Le Picart at (212)737-2224.
A word from Daniel
Daniel Boulud’s namesake restaurant features contemporary, seasonal French cuisine in a setting that combines striking neoclassical architecture with elegant modern furnishings. The sophisticated bar and lounge are a welcoming spot for before and after dinner drinks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Daniel reviews from OpenTable diners
271 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (236)romantic (200)notable wine list (166)fit for foodies (163)neighborhood gem (30)hot spot (24)good for groups (16)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (7)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- GrateAndrewDined on 10/17/2014The food is amaizing, the service more than 5stars, the atencion increible, the food wasent my best seleccion for the price, ive been to expensive restaurantes, but i do think this is over pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining at it's bestFoodAdventurerDined on 10/17/2014Each dish was perfectly prepared, and I spent the meal surprised and delighted. The wine list is absolutely chock full of fun choices. It is a visually stunning restaurant. The staff... Well, they are perfectly trained, friendly and incredibly helpful. This was one of the best meals that I have ever had the pleasure to have had.Special Features:
- A Dream Come TrueWe2foodies4everDined on 10/16/2014My husband and I have been fans of Chef Daniel Boulud for years. It was an opportunity of a lifetime to dine at Daniel Restaurant. All of the staff were extremely professional and ensured that our dining experience was spectacular. I use a power wheelchair for mobility and staff escorted me through the accessible entrance, so I didn't need to worry about any potential obstacles. My husband and I celebrated 21 years together and the pastry chef prepared a special dessert for us in addition to the desserts we selected in the three course meal. Every item was incredibly delicious and we left extremely satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2014What can I say about Daniel. If you want your senses to be awakened and have one of the finest food experiences of your life, eat at Daniel. Pricey? Yes. Worth every penny? Yes. Don't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above Michelin StarsWonderfulWinoVIPDined on 10/13/2014Why the loss of a star? Have been there twice this year in April and now in October. Same lofty standards of excellence in food, wine and service... Grouse with foie gras, terrine of pigeon, etc. These are challenges that only Daniel takes, excels in results and thus deserves the highest accolades. The wine list is fabulous, with some gems that would be hard to find at retail at the price Daniel charges... Go and enjoy...Special Features:
- Superb in every way!Pamt1919Dined on 10/11/2014Yes, Daniel is expensive, but it is worth it in every way. It could be the dining experience of your lifetime. We've eaten at there twice, and on both occasions the food was magnificent, but the service was even better. Attentive, friendly, but never in your face. The food was inventive and tasty throughout - starting from a 3 piece amuse bouch - a bit of sauteed hamachi (fluke) with a sweet potato gremolata, a sweet potato soup with a thin layer of chocolate (sounds wierd, but it was delicious), and a bit of smoked salmon with sauteed sweet potato, all the way to the signature lemon madeleines, warm from the oven. The best thing about Daniel is that all get the same great service. No A-list, B-list concept here, hard to find in NYC.Special Features:
- It's ok.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/11/2014Nothing is bad but noothing special. Ingredients are not necessarily the freshest. The bigger problem is that the restaurant seems to be lost in finding the right balance between being creative while being traditional.Special Features:
- Worth itMdefoscheDined on 10/10/2014It's expensive but it's worth every cent for the amazing food and incredible service. We got the seven course tasting menu and with two amuse bouche before the main course, seven courses, and then two additional sweet treats in addition we were comatose at the table. We also did the wine paring which didn't help. It was amazing and we loved every bite but our eyes were bigger than our stomachs. :) Great for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dining experienceGreatVIPDined on 10/10/2014Daniel truly is a classic restaurant with impeccable service. We chose the 3 course menu over the 7 course tasting only because of timing. The 7 course required a 3 hour sit down. We were very pleased with our 3 course and walked away feeling more than satisfied. I was full for hours. We were 2 people and the meal started with an amazing amuse bouche, which I cannot even describe in words. We ordered Apps: Duck terrine & squash ravioli, Mains: Black sea bass & duo of beef, Desserts: Fraises et coquelicots & les mille pistaches. In addition, they brought out some other desserts including fresh, warm madeilenes. We wrapped it up with some tea. The entire experience was perfect from beginning to end. Every bite was delicious and memorable.Special Features:
- Worth the Pricefood4thoughtDined on 10/10/2014Watching the servers is like watching a corps de ballet that has performed together for years. Everything is done with panache and a style that suggests you, and you alone, are the reason and inspiration for the evening. The food, each and every serving, is a revelation of flavor and inconceivable combinations of ingredients that somehow attain perfect harmony on the palate. Your one wish is that your night might never end. Artists at work!Special Features:
- Outstanding and kid-friendlySouperchicDined on 10/10/2014I've previously visited 2x on business. This time, for a family girl's wknd. Our group of 4 included my 66 year-old mother, 16-year old niece and 4-year old daughter and me. They truly exceeded my expectations. Upon being seated, they came by w/multiple types of pillows to prop my daughter up on the chair, many of the staff came by to talk & joke with her. The waiter indicated that she could order anything she wanted from the menu, or that the chef could prepare her spaghetti and that her meal would be free. The maitre-d'hotel gave the kids a kitchen tour kitchen, chef hats & took their picture w/ the pastry chefs. We were made to feel so welcome and everyone in my group was on a high upon leaving. The food, as always, was spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't meet expectationukfoodiesDined on 10/9/2014I had a high expectation but it did not deliver when I had dinner there Thu Oct 9th. I rate the experience 7.5 out of 10. I chose the tasting menu with the Tier 2 paired wines. It was difficult to assess how to choose this Tier of wine as I was told the sommelier would select based on those bottles opened during service that evening, about which I was rather concerned. Anyway, the wines we had were very good. For me, the best course by far was the sword fish and chorizo and was superb. The most disappointing course was the beef rib eye, as it tasted more like a carpaccio. I felt there was a heavy emphasis on crunchy textures, which was fine, whereas I felt the flavours were average; singing high notes were in short suppySpecial Features:
- Manuel14Dined on 10/8/2014Very good food,but the langostins was olders and they most to change the plate for oysters.This thing is extrage for a restaurant like Daniel.Special Features:
- AnExpatWifeVIPDined on 10/8/2014Everything else was excellent - just as I expected it to be. And also especially as Daniel himself was there to keep an eye on things. We were treated to a tasty amuse bouche, chef's appetisers and even an extra dessert to share. this was all then topped of by some wonderful freshly baked orange madeleines. It was a great evening and a fabulous foodie experience to visit Daniel but I'm not sure I'll be rushing to come back. Maybe it is just a bit too 'formal'... I'm not sure. It just didn't have the 'wow' factor I'd hoped for. full review and pictures - http://www.anexpatwife.com/the-restaurant-blogSpecial Features:
- Excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2014The food was excellent. The service was superb. We were celebrating our anniversary and the restaraunt was very romantic. It was expensive, but the overall experience was worth it and worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect food, but some mistakesluizfelipecrbDined on 10/7/2014The food at Daniel was amazing from the Amuse-bouche until the very last desert. Although, I have two considerations: - We ordered a rose champagne and it was served in the wrong temperature. It was served too warm and we wasted one glass of a fine champagne each. - The restaurant demand men to wear suit, but the AC temperature is too warm. All the guests in our table felt hot for the entire night.Special Features:
- A night to remember...DiningDaveDined on 10/6/2014Having experienced the best of European and Asian cuisine we had the highest expectations of Daniel. It is rare that every aspect of a dining experience is orchestrated to perfection - the glorious meal, perfectly paired wines and gracious service that was familiar without being overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection.ILoveFoodVIPDined on 10/1/2014It was perfect, we went there for my boyfriends birthday and it was the greatest night ever, from the wine, to the food, to the service, to his happy birthday written in chocolate and the printed wine list with his name on it was just wonderful. i couldn't imagine a better evening.Special Features:
- Fine dining at it's Best!MadArchVIPDined on 10/1/2014From the reception at the door to the knowledge of the staff, our evening at Daniel was so special. we could not have asked for a more special evening. Every aspect of the experience was outstanding, food, presentation, recommended wines and Service. The evening was well worth the investment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014My partner and I went here for our anniversary and we thought this place was amazing! They catered for our coeliac request perfectly and with no loss of appearance and taste - incredible. Definitely recommend this place and worth every penny. The service provided was pristine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/29/2014Chaque moment passe dans cet établissement est un enchantement . L'accueil, les conseils et la Cuisine sont en tous points remarquables! Un grand bravo à la Maison de Daniel BouludSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGleo30thVIPDined on 9/27/2014We spent our first year anniversary at Daniel. It was such a special evening! EVERYTHING was wonderful (especially the service)! This will definitely become a tradition on our anniversary. MERCI !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingmextouristDined on 9/26/2014The food and service are outstanding. It really was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I mean, yeah...awesomesauceDined on 9/26/2014Daniel lives up to its absurd hype. The food was great, the meal was perfectly paced, the service was impeccably coordinated. I have nothing even remotely negative to say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very special place in Manhattan1LuxuryReviewerDined on 9/25/2014Daniel is a gem in every way: impeccable service with amazing attention to detail, amazing combination of flavours that can excite even a very experience gourmand. A temple of culinary joy! You will always be looked after in this place. We were celebrating a special occasion and it was made special and memorable in every way!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daniel - WonderfulCaseyDined on 9/25/2014This was the first time my husband and I visited Daniel. The service, food and ambiance was outstanding. We would recommend it for a celebratory occasion or for cuisine focused entertainment - I mean that in a good way.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/24/2014Wow, this is out third time back at Daniel and we go every time we travel to NY. Starting from the greeting we received, through to the servcie, the truly amazing food and right through to the little extras the dining experience was even better than the first time we went 3 yrs ago. To top it off the servcie was brilliant, not too stiff but warm, genuine and pleasant and we loved it and will look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Superb restaurantLovetoeatDined on 9/24/2014I loved dining at Daniel. I opted for the 3 course Fixed price option and it was superb. There were plenty of options to choose between. The service, ambience and food were wonderful. It is a must for anyone coming to New York.Special Features:
- Awesome, elusiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/23/2014Environment. cordiality, and finally the food. It was great to experience a fantastic experience with the service of food very friendly staff.Special Features:
- Without peerAiredaleVIPDined on 9/23/2014I've waited a week to write this review. It was my first time at Daniel and I needed to step back and think a lot about it. Was it perfection? No, nothing is ever perfect and that's life. Could you tell they relentlessly pursue perfection in everything they do? Yes, and that's something I never seen to such a level as at Daniel. The dining room is beautiful. The wait staff were professional, friendly and made us feel like the only diners in the restaurant. The food was impeccable. The combination of flavors in each dish and the accompanying wine pairings were sublime. Did I pay a fortune for dinner? Yes, and I'm already trying to think of another special occasion to go back.Special Features:
- A step back to a bygone ageSullivanDined on 9/23/2014Daniel was everything you would expect a top Zagat rated establishment to be, elegant, attentive, and attuned to the needs of its patrons. Our waiter assisted in selecting a wonderful set of wines to go with our meals, was near by when question arose and far enough away to allow to intimate talking and quiet dining. After a fabulous meal complete with between course selections of amuse bouche, we were invited by the maître d' to tour the kitchen and meet the Executive Chef. A must for any Special Occasions, especially anniversaries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/22/2014Excellent,superb,worth a trip to NY just to eat here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best gets better2DCEatersVIPDined on 9/20/2014Second trip to Daniel. Superb cuisine and stealth service. I couldn't ask for more. We travel from DC to have this experience and will do it again again! Don't skimp if dining out as a celebration. We did the 7 course and was blown away. Couldn't ask for a more satisfying meal. Portions were right for us hearty eaters yet we weren't overstuffed. From the hamachi to the waygu beef. The meal was better than good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really specialCarmenDined on 9/20/2014Awesome, every single detail was perfect! We will never forget our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Great foot with impeccable service. Three course meal is filling with all of the extra/samples that are brought to you throughout the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly disappointingTryingnewplacesVIPDined on 9/19/2014Went to Daniel for the first time to celebrate an anniversary with my girlfriend and we both left disappointed with the experience. We ordered the 7 course tasting menu and associated wine pairing - and at the end of the meal, there wasn't a single dish that I would recommend someone to order. The food itself was decent, though a little bland, and hardly deserving of the accolades that Daniel receives. The wine pairing was the biggest weakness of the meal. While the pairing contained many producers / vintages that I was not familiar with, the wines themselves were thoroughly uninspiring. The service was good and the customized. menu / dessert plate were appreciated. The meal overall was decent, though far short of a 3 star experience.
- Made our evening even more specialNyceatersVIPDined on 9/19/2014We went to celebrate our wedding anniversary and since I have food allergies I chose one tasting menu. Hub wanted the other one, but there was a rule that all should order the same in the table for logistical reasons. They made an exception and that was perfect for us. All the courses were perfect, and in the end, we were offered a special dessert wishing us Happy Anniversary. That was very thoughtful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food & ServiceHoustonFoodiesDined on 9/17/2014Decor is a bit cold, but who cares with the magnificent food and service. Works out to around $250 per person, but it's worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DanieljellenDined on 9/17/2014The service was excellent the amount of food was more than sufficient. The quality of the food was mixed. The scallops appetizer was excellent, the lobster salad was so-so. The striped bass entree was excellent while the rack of lamb was tasty but fatty. The chocolate desserts were great and the cappuccino was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant it´s the bestRicaDined on 9/16/2014This restaurant gave an outstanding dinnig experience, the service, the food, the ambiance, everything in this place works to make you have the best experience you can.Special Features: