60 East 65th St.
New York, NY 10065Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.danielnyc.com/
- Phone: 2122880033x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday, 5:30pm -10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Daniel Boulud
- Dress Code: Jacket Required
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Feast & Fêtes is Daniel’s exclusive catering company. It provides Daniel’s sumptuous cuisine combined with personalized service and attention to every detail of your off-premise entertaining needs. Call Jean Christophe Le Picart at (212)737-2224.
A word from Daniel
Daniel Boulud’s namesake restaurant features contemporary, seasonal French cuisine in a setting that combines striking neoclassical architecture with elegant modern furnishings. The sophisticated bar and lounge are a welcoming spot for before and after dinner drinks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Daniel reviews from OpenTable diners
274 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (239)romantic (206)notable wine list (166)fit for foodies (165)neighborhood gem (25)hot spot (22)good for groups (17)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (7)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (3)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Made our evening even more specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014We went to celebrate our wedding anniversary and since I have food allergies I chose one tasting menu. Hub wanted the other one, but there was a rule that all should order the same in the table for logistical reasons. They made an exception and that was perfect for us. All the courses were perfect, and in the end, we were offered a special dessert wishing us Happy Anniversary. That was very thoughtful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food & ServiceHoustonFoodiesDined on 9/17/2014Decor is a bit cold, but who cares with the magnificent food and service. Works out to around $250 per person, but it's worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DanielOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014The service was excellent the amount of food was more than sufficient. The quality of the food was mixed. The scallops appetizer was excellent, the lobster salad was so-so. The striped bass entree was excellent while the rack of lamb was tasty but fatty. The chocolate desserts were great and the cappuccino was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CongratulationsGuokDined on 9/15/2014It was a great experience food is marvelous, service outstanding. CongratulationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredibly DeliciousJanetzimDined on 9/15/2014This was one of the most memorable meals of our lives. We have been to Daniel several times before and know the ambience, service and food to be outstanding, but this time the food was so incredibly delicious, with nuanced flavors and interesting combinations of ingredients. Truly an extraordinary experience from start to finish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Best food I have eat, just perfect! And so was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heavenly!rbjnyVIPDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I saved our pennies to celebrate his birthday. Everything was superb; this is dining perfection. We think the price for dinner is actually quite reasonable for the level of food, service and ambiance. The wine list prices however are very very steep. A great place for a teetotaler or someone who is prepared to spend $150 and up a for a half bottle of wine. Only other complaint is it is clear that prime time Saturday night reservations are reserved for regulars, not just folks who start calling at the dot of 9 am on the first day reservations are open. (I finally got through on the line at 9:25 am, and ended up with a 6:15 pm reservation.) Would go again in a heartbeat! An amazing amazing experience!Special Features:
- Great celebration dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 9/12/2014Truly wonderful dining experience. Outstanding wine pairing with generous pours, also very generous portions with menu.Special Features:
- A great EveningWelcomebenVIPDined on 9/12/2014Fantastic restaurant - great wine list with some well priced wine. Main courses were stunning and well sized. Would come back anytime. The décor is absolutely gorgeous.Special Features:
- Great good in stiff atmosphereSwedishChefDined on 9/12/2014Food was awesome, but the young staff gave a nervous impression and made the experience not perfect. If you prefer a silent environment and several waiters looking at you at all times this could be a perfect dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014I brought my mother here to celebrate her birthday. After a long week of New York's Fashion Week, neither one of us wanted a noisey, hustle and bustle restaurant. It was so nice to have a quiet, delicious meal. Not to mention her white cosmo was to die for! It was so pretty! It was a wonderful night and the staff was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fabulous!DanielsfansfronperuDined on 9/8/2014Everything was formidable. Service impeccable. Foie gras delicious. Rabbit too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top tenBarbDined on 9/8/2014I have traveled worldwide and eaten in 5 star restaurants everywhere. Daniel is included in my top ten. It is an outstanding experience. From the welcome at the door to the last thank you for dining with us, it could not have been any better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Outstanding food and impeccable service. One of the world's best professional culinary experiences!Special Features:
- Worth the splurgeFoodFanVIPDined on 9/2/2014Restaurant Daniel is one of those gems that delivers every time. You will be pampered and dazzled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best we have ever experienced!beachdiningDined on 8/29/2014There is no doubt that Daniel is the best of the best. Every review, everything we had been told was spot on! There is simply nothing any better! The service is something you will only get at a restaurant of this caliber. I will remember our dining experience for years to come!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/29/2014Best Foid Gras and food presentation. Desserts were awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveninglawprofDined on 8/29/2014I ate here with two members of my family. We each had a version of the three-course menu. We were particularly impressed with the service. It was unobtrusive but always present when you needed it, and our particular service made as as comfortable as if we were eating with friends. The entrees (beef for one of us, lamb chops for another) were extremely well done. And we particularly liked the amuse-bouches. My favorite of the night was a kumquat. My son-in-law loved the basil-cassis gelato; he would only share teeny bits with the rest of us.Special Features:
- Great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014Detailed attention by everyone, specially help from somelier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoanDined on 8/25/2014Superb, as always. Couldn't ask for better food and service. Staff was helpful and friendly. Will continue to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the bestDChandlerDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant NEVER fails...simply the best. I have experienced 3 Stars around the world - this is the restaurant to which I compare. If 4 stars could be given, Daniel would be the first in line. Bucket list this tasting and pairing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionNorthshoreguyVIPDined on 8/22/2014What can you say....everything was perfect....especially our captain Kevin....2nd time there and we will return again.....tasting menu lets the kitchen strutt it's stuff...well worth it..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingkxz1VIPDined on 8/22/2014I am not a huge fan of French food so I was somewhat concerned, but the food was amazing. We had the tasting menu and unlike many tasting menus not only was the presentation beautiful, but each tasting was delicious. The service was some o the best I've had. Extremely attentive without being overbearing and not at all stuffy. The spacing between courses was perfect which I think a lot of restaurants struggle to get right. I loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ..StamingaballsVIPDined on 8/21/2014Top 5 restaurants I've ever been to . We celebrated my wife's birthday . We ordered the 7 course meal and because my wife is preagnet they substituted the 1st 2 courses with another 2 which was nice . The food was top notch and so was service. . I only have 1 complaint , when we arrived we were asked sparkling water or flat and we went with sparkling . Througout the night they filled our glasses without us asking which was nice , but we were charged for. 2 bottles at 12$ Each . Overall it was great thou .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but overratedTesterDined on 8/20/2014Food is good, but nothing new or refreshing. Service and wine is good.Special Features:
- Memorable evening for all familyMrsvsheppardDined on 8/20/2014We went to Daniels whilst in NYC for my husbands birthday. The food was amazing, but better still the staff, welcoming and friendly. On finding out our 10 year old wants to be a chef...shipped him of to the kitchens for a back stage tour, a demo on Madeleine making and a souvenir chefs hat! Who would have guessed! Thanks to all for a fantastic memorable evening.Special Features:
- PhenomenonalPhenomenonalDined on 8/20/2014This was our 2nd time dining at Daniel and it was every bit as good as we remembered from our first visit. The staff were incredibly attentive without being overbearing. The food was wonderful, particularly the unexpected additions to our dessert selections. I only wish that I could eat here more often.Special Features:
- IncredibleEB2dine00Dined on 8/16/2014Best meal I ever had. Went for my girlfriend's birthday and had the 3 course tasting menu with wine pairings. From the amuse-bouche to the dessert, everything was exquisite. The wine pairings went perfectly with each dish. There aren't enough adjectives to describe how good our meal was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly SuperiorBigBillVIPDined on 8/16/2014Certainly our go to for a great meal in NYC. My only complaint would be the ever-present problem that restaurant wines in general have become. The wine list is beautiful to read but only about 15-20 wines are quality/value choices. The finest wines are extremely expensive and very marked up. Past the 15 or so you must go well over $200 per bottle and even $500 to get anything distinctive. This is not Daniel's problem alone by any means, but it is the only negative for us. It won't stop us from going, but I must mention it, it is especially a problem if you are with family and not on a corporate account.Special Features:
- Great restauranteMarceloosaDined on 8/15/2014Excelent food. Kindly staff. Good ambience. I will return again.Special Features:
- The best meal I've ever experiencedKissjillDined on 8/13/2014A culinary experience worth every penny. From start to finish, it was perfection. The staff, the food, the wine, incredible. We had the 7 course tasting menu paired with wine. Twice, the meal brought me to tears. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular meal!DonnaVIPDined on 8/13/2014We have waited many years to dine at Daniel. Being from California, my husband does not usually travel with a jacket for dinner, so when returning to NYC we packed one especially for the occasion. The room was beautiful, spacious, elegant. Our wait staff could not be more professional. Their timing and management of food coursing was perfect. They were friendly, knowledgable and seamless in their work as a team. The food, where to even start. Each dish was a work of art. Literally, they looked like paintings. The combinations were exquisite and with the wine pairings made even better. Favorites were the heirloom tomato trio, the foie gras was brilliant (we ordered two), the beef duo and lamb were both delicious. Worth every penny!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceNdrewAniDined on 8/9/2014It was a great experience. It was our first time in New York and we were celebrating our first anniversary and it was just amazing.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsDrRobinVIPDined on 8/9/2014Restaurant Daniel is my favorite restaurant in the world, so it is natural that I wanted to have my birthday dinner there. I traveled from Seattle with my mother and cousins to enjoy this dinner. As always it was perfection. Service is impeccable. The food is fabulous. You leave feeling like you were the only people in the restaurant because of the personalized service you receive. Mine included a personalized "Happy Birthday" note on my dessert. The only disappointment was that Chef Boulud was not there to thank personally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service4DietCokesVIPDined on 8/8/2014While the restaurant overall is great and deserves its place on the list of best restaurants in the world. The most notable part was the service. Simultaneous delivery to everyone at the table was more of a rehearsed dance than a simple food service. While everyone was impecable corteous and polite our main waiter Thibault was probably the best of the great bunch. We were a rather finicky group but he took care of all of our requests, including the class on techniques of proper diet coke service and our mangling of his native french, with great humor and patience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French cuisine at its bestGstarRawDined on 8/7/2014Daniel is a wonderful restaurant, and our experience for my birthday dinner was fantastic. All perfect: wine list (no need to pick high price ranges, the lower priced wines are very well selected), service, and of course the food. Mayfair menu is extremely well balanced and savoury.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- très classeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Ce restaurant mérite le détour lors de votre séjour à NYSpecial Features:
- Dinner ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/7/2014Dinner at Daniel was absolutely wonderful. The service was impeccable, from the moment we walked into the restaurant to the moment our server hailed us a cab to go home. The food was divine, and the menu showed great creativity and variety. The cocktails and wine also were noteworthy and extremely unique. All in all a perfect experience celebrating a special birthday. We will absolutely go back.Special Features:
- PerfectionhelloVIPDined on 8/6/2014It was our first time here and whenever we are in the big apple we will be back! Their champagne mojito was amazing! The brioche was fabulous!!!! Crab cannolini was fresh and lovely, tomato salad w octopus terrine was rich and flavorful. Crispy shrimp was cooked to perfection! Curried cauliflower soup was delicious! Halibut was decadent and the duo of beef was out of this world. Chocolate yumminess for dessert was rich and creamy and the vanilla peach was the best! Wines were great, service was spot on and fun (we are chatty and we didn't find them stuffy etc!) very knowledgable! BRAVOSpecial Features:
- Best NYC restaurantFood1criticDined on 8/5/2014First class service, elegant ambience, exquisite food presentation/tasteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.