60 East 65th St.
New York, NY 10065Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.danielnyc.com/
- Phone: 2122880033x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday, 5:30pm -10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Daniel Boulud
- Dress Code: Jacket Required
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Feast & Fêtes is Daniel’s exclusive catering company. It provides Daniel’s sumptuous cuisine combined with personalized service and attention to every detail of your off-premise entertaining needs. Call Jean Christophe Le Picart at (212)737-2224.
A word from Daniel
Daniel Boulud’s namesake restaurant features contemporary, seasonal French cuisine in a setting that combines striking neoclassical architecture with elegant modern furnishings. The sophisticated bar and lounge are a welcoming spot for before and after dinner drinks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Daniel reviews from OpenTable diners
289 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (250)romantic (217)fit for foodies (169)notable wine list (169)neighborhood gem (27)hot spot (23)good for groups (18)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (9)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (4)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/25/2014Superb, as always. Couldn't ask for better food and service. Staff was helpful and friendly. Will continue to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2014This restaurant NEVER fails...simply the best. I have experienced 3 Stars around the world - this is the restaurant to which I compare. If 4 stars could be given, Daniel would be the first in line. Bucket list this tasting and pairing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionNorthshoreguyVIPDined on 8/22/2014What can you say....everything was perfect....especially our captain Kevin....2nd time there and we will return again.....tasting menu lets the kitchen strutt it's stuff...well worth it..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingkxz1VIPDined on 8/22/2014I am not a huge fan of French food so I was somewhat concerned, but the food was amazing. We had the tasting menu and unlike many tasting menus not only was the presentation beautiful, but each tasting was delicious. The service was some o the best I've had. Extremely attentive without being overbearing and not at all stuffy. The spacing between courses was perfect which I think a lot of restaurants struggle to get right. I loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ..StamingaballsVIPDined on 8/21/2014Top 5 restaurants I've ever been to . We celebrated my wife's birthday . We ordered the 7 course meal and because my wife is preagnet they substituted the 1st 2 courses with another 2 which was nice . The food was top notch and so was service. . I only have 1 complaint , when we arrived we were asked sparkling water or flat and we went with sparkling . Througout the night they filled our glasses without us asking which was nice , but we were charged for. 2 bottles at 12$ Each . Overall it was great thou .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable evening for all familyMrsvsheppardDined on 8/20/2014We went to Daniels whilst in NYC for my husbands birthday. The food was amazing, but better still the staff, welcoming and friendly. On finding out our 10 year old wants to be a chef...shipped him of to the kitchens for a back stage tour, a demo on Madeleine making and a souvenir chefs hat! Who would have guessed! Thanks to all for a fantastic memorable evening.Special Features:
- PhenomenonalPhenomenonalDined on 8/20/2014This was our 2nd time dining at Daniel and it was every bit as good as we remembered from our first visit. The staff were incredibly attentive without being overbearing. The food was wonderful, particularly the unexpected additions to our dessert selections. I only wish that I could eat here more often.Special Features:
- IncredibleEB2dine00Dined on 8/16/2014Best meal I ever had. Went for my girlfriend's birthday and had the 3 course tasting menu with wine pairings. From the amuse-bouche to the dessert, everything was exquisite. The wine pairings went perfectly with each dish. There aren't enough adjectives to describe how good our meal was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly SuperiorBigBillVIPDined on 8/16/2014Certainly our go to for a great meal in NYC. My only complaint would be the ever-present problem that restaurant wines in general have become. The wine list is beautiful to read but only about 15-20 wines are quality/value choices. The finest wines are extremely expensive and very marked up. Past the 15 or so you must go well over $200 per bottle and even $500 to get anything distinctive. This is not Daniel's problem alone by any means, but it is the only negative for us. It won't stop us from going, but I must mention it, it is especially a problem if you are with family and not on a corporate account.Special Features:
- Great restauranteMarceloosaDined on 8/15/2014Excelent food. Kindly staff. Good ambience. I will return again.Special Features:
- The best meal I've ever experiencedKissjillDined on 8/13/2014A culinary experience worth every penny. From start to finish, it was perfection. The staff, the food, the wine, incredible. We had the 7 course tasting menu paired with wine. Twice, the meal brought me to tears. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular meal!DonnaVIPDined on 8/13/2014We have waited many years to dine at Daniel. Being from California, my husband does not usually travel with a jacket for dinner, so when returning to NYC we packed one especially for the occasion. The room was beautiful, spacious, elegant. Our wait staff could not be more professional. Their timing and management of food coursing was perfect. They were friendly, knowledgable and seamless in their work as a team. The food, where to even start. Each dish was a work of art. Literally, they looked like paintings. The combinations were exquisite and with the wine pairings made even better. Favorites were the heirloom tomato trio, the foie gras was brilliant (we ordered two), the beef duo and lamb were both delicious. Worth every penny!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceNdrewAniDined on 8/9/2014It was a great experience. It was our first time in New York and we were celebrating our first anniversary and it was just amazing.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsDrRobinVIPDined on 8/9/2014Restaurant Daniel is my favorite restaurant in the world, so it is natural that I wanted to have my birthday dinner there. I traveled from Seattle with my mother and cousins to enjoy this dinner. As always it was perfection. Service is impeccable. The food is fabulous. You leave feeling like you were the only people in the restaurant because of the personalized service you receive. Mine included a personalized "Happy Birthday" note on my dessert. The only disappointment was that Chef Boulud was not there to thank personally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service4DietCokesVIPDined on 8/8/2014While the restaurant overall is great and deserves its place on the list of best restaurants in the world. The most notable part was the service. Simultaneous delivery to everyone at the table was more of a rehearsed dance than a simple food service. While everyone was impecable corteous and polite our main waiter Thibault was probably the best of the great bunch. We were a rather finicky group but he took care of all of our requests, including the class on techniques of proper diet coke service and our mangling of his native french, with great humor and patience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French cuisine at its bestGstarRawDined on 8/7/2014Daniel is a wonderful restaurant, and our experience for my birthday dinner was fantastic. All perfect: wine list (no need to pick high price ranges, the lower priced wines are very well selected), service, and of course the food. Mayfair menu is extremely well balanced and savoury.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- très classeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Ce restaurant mérite le détour lors de votre séjour à NYSpecial Features:
- Dinner ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/7/2014Dinner at Daniel was absolutely wonderful. The service was impeccable, from the moment we walked into the restaurant to the moment our server hailed us a cab to go home. The food was divine, and the menu showed great creativity and variety. The cocktails and wine also were noteworthy and extremely unique. All in all a perfect experience celebrating a special birthday. We will absolutely go back.Special Features:
- PerfectionhelloVIPDined on 8/6/2014It was our first time here and whenever we are in the big apple we will be back! Their champagne mojito was amazing! The brioche was fabulous!!!! Crab cannolini was fresh and lovely, tomato salad w octopus terrine was rich and flavorful. Crispy shrimp was cooked to perfection! Curried cauliflower soup was delicious! Halibut was decadent and the duo of beef was out of this world. Chocolate yumminess for dessert was rich and creamy and the vanilla peach was the best! Wines were great, service was spot on and fun (we are chatty and we didn't find them stuffy etc!) very knowledgable! BRAVOSpecial Features:
- Best NYC restaurantFood1criticDined on 8/5/2014First class service, elegant ambience, exquisite food presentation/tasteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.. expensive wineSHOPPER1VIPDined on 8/5/2014We went for the max... tasting menu with the premium wines. Without a doubt the food is one of the best you will get in this world, and will beat 95% of all 3-star michelin restaurants. There was never any doubt about the food. Creative tasty and seasonal. Service was extremely solid and extremely attentive. This has always been a very big plus from this restaurant that overstaffs to ensure you are given attention. Again, never a worry about service at this restaurant as they simply hire the best. Still this is a great restaurant that deserves the accolades it receives. In a city that chases trends.. this is a welcome retreat to the core of culinary arts.
- FlawlessR2OaklandVIPDined on 8/5/2014The food,wine pairings, service and ambiance were all outstanding. Daniel was a memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAtlantavisitorVIPDined on 8/4/2014Truly a great experience where exceptional food is provided with flawless service. One of the best in the world.Special Features:
- an excellent diningeyildirimDined on 8/1/2014Everything was great. Apetizers and meal were very delicious. Ambiance was great. Exactly, it was a very nice and uniqe experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best tasting experience everCassianoDined on 7/30/2014Daniels is one of the very best restaurants in NYC. They care about very single detail making tour dinner an unforgetable event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the bestSteveydinnycDined on 7/29/2014Great room, great ambiance, service second to none. Daniel is THE special occasion restaurant. The room is surprisingly intimate and you are made to feel as if your the only diners in the place. I dine out often and this place still surprised to the upside. The food and presentation will blow you away and so will the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistency over the yearszoltocVIPDined on 7/29/2014Daniel remains a consistent, high quality, dining experience. Service of the highest caliber. Sommelier extremely knowledgeable and engaging.
- The best!MichVIPDined on 7/28/2014We went to NYC for out anniversary. We have a mission on finding the best French restaurant in the USA, so we decided to go to Daniel. The place is beautiful, the service was incredible and the food was out of this world. As is a tradition in a lot of French restaurants we got more food that we didn't order than we ordered. We were very impressed and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Feast for the PalateFunkyFuturistVIPDined on 7/28/2014Daniel may be one of the most extraordinary restaurants in the world. Each course was a carousel of complimentary flavors, designed to create a unique and very special dining experience. From the amuse bouche (and there were two courses of them) to the panoply of desserts that will make you dizzy with the multiplicity of flavors, this dining establishment distinguishes itself as probably the finest restaurant in New York City. As USA TODAY's First Road Warrior of the Year, I travel a lot---and not just in the United States. I probably eat out over 80 times per year. Over the years, I have enjoyed some pricey meals at some very fancy restaurants. Yet, no other restaurant comes close.Special Features:
- A night to rememberOpenTableNewbieVIPDined on 7/25/2014I have lived in New York for almost 15 years and I think this was probably the best service I have ever had at any restaurant. The food was outstanding and the ambience amazing. Every detail was attended to as carefully as an artist would attend to a painting. Chef Daniel Boulud even took a picture with us at the end of the night to cap off an amazing evening. Truly a night to remember!Special Features:
- Exquisite Fine French CuisineMeducatorVIPDined on 7/23/2014This has to be one of finest restaurants in all of New York City. From the time you enter to the reception area, you realize this is no ordinary place. Both the food and service were beyond impressive. The attention to detail sets Daniel apart. It is difficult to get a reservation so plan accordingly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daniel won't disappointpoemDined on 7/23/2014The food is delicious and the service is impeccable. Although probably lack of some creativity, the taste and plating definitely make up all of that. My friend and I will definitely visit Daniel again when the menu changes.Special Features:
- Wonderful choice!MbmferDined on 7/22/2014Food was excellent! Great service! Selection of Foie Gras as apetizer was top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Precision CuisineVanderMataramDined on 7/22/2014Everything is exquisite here. From the haute French cuisine, the impeccable service to the opulent-but-not-stuffy dining room; Everything is executed with so much precision. Unless you want to be slightly overstuffed, don't get the chef tasting menu. And if you must get the chef tasting menu, skip the wine pair. It would be too much to drink. One of the best part of our dining experience was the low noise level. This is a place where marriages are arranged, mended and broken.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Amazing!Live4FoodVIPDined on 7/22/2014I was first introduced to Daniel by a business colleague in 2005 and it was then as it is now, one of the most superb dining experiences I've had. The food is consistently delicious and the service unparalleled. It's quite expensive so it's perfect for a special occasion, but it's a treat I indulge myself at least a couple of times a year.Special Features:
- StuffyOsweganDined on 7/21/2014We have eaten at many Michelin restaurants, but found Daniel to be lacking. The restaurant was lovely, but the general ambience and service were overly stuffy. The food was good, but not what you would expect at a Michelin 3 star restaurant (we've been to 5, and the others' food was far more exceptional). We are used to saying OMG several times during a Michelin restaurant food and wine experience, and that just didn't happen. Overall, a disappointing experience for us.
- Ha/Binh/VietNguyenJolinaHTDined on 7/18/2014Daniel experience was so extraordinary. The Staff pleasantly & knowledgeable about everything so they can adjust to any diversity & formality.The cuisine story's delivery superior taste, design and above all. Our favorites feelings was like you are part of A Family, albeit a very upscale one. Finally, Daniel is the place where you can spend some special time with special friends for very exceptional special occasion.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerSoutherngirlDined on 7/18/2014Service was great. Food was beautifully presented... We left happy. Loved the small touches such as asking us if we need a cab, and the piece of chocolate with my coffeeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014This is an excellent restaurant for that special occasion. Very fancy, with multiple waiters serving you all the time. Food was different than most menus. Sizes are small, but multiple dishes come out. Expensive at $125.00 per person, but for that special person it is worth it. Waiters called us by name all night. We were here for our 25th wedding anniversary and during desert the brought out a special dish with happy 25th written on it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- O melhor de NyTTrefiglioDined on 7/16/2014Simplesmente o melhor de NY. Carta de vinhos incrivel, atendimento perfeito e comida maravilhosa. Vale a pena conhecer.Special Features: