Daniel - Lounge Seating
60 East 65th Street
New York, NY 10065Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
Daniel - Lounge Seating
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.danielnyc.com/
- Phone: 2122880033
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday, 5:30pm - 10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Daniel Boulud
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Feast & Fêtes is Daniel’s exclusive catering company. It provides Daniel’s sumptuous cuisine combined with personalized service and attention to every detail of your off-premise entertaining needs. Call Jean Christophe Le Picart at 212.737.2224.
- Private Party Facilities: Custom menus, personalized for your occasion, are required for parties of 8 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Joan Chiang 2129335261
A word from Daniel - Lounge Seating
Experience The Lounge at DANIEL, another side of Chef Daniel Boulud’s renowned Manhattan restaurant. Equally as distinctive as the main dining room, The Lounge offers the same service and cuisine as our main dining room. Complete prix-fixe and tasting menus are available, along with à la carte options not available in our dining room. Savor an imitable fine dining experience or drop in for an appetizer, cocktail, or a late night dessert with Champagne.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Daniel - Lounge Seating - Best Restaurants in Upper East Side ›
Daniel - Lounge Seating reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (44)fit for foodies (40)romantic (32)notable wine list (32)hot spot (5)neighborhood gem (5)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)good for groups (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OutstandingRyanVIPDined on 10/18/2014One of the better meals we've had. The food was exquisite, especially the Black Sea Bass, squash ravioli, and grouse. The entry level wine pairing was nice. Service was as expected -- perfect.Special Features:
- roastchickenVIPDined on 10/18/2014Fabulous food, great wine, impeccable service; I must dinning experience for those who truly love foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ProteaVIPDined on 10/16/2014One of NYC's great restaurants. Always reliablky excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just amazing!DaveandKatDined on 10/8/2014Really great meal in every respect. We opted for the a la carte 3 course and loved every one of our dishes. Very nice that a wine pairing is available with this menu as opposed to just limited to the tasting menus. Attentive but unobtrusive service with a perfect pace that ensured that we could savour every moment. Try it – you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Superb, but expensivefoodloverDined on 10/7/2014Food was amazing, but you really do pay for it. The most expensive meal of our lives, but also one of the best. Only complaint with the service is that some of the servers had heavy accents--I'm usually good at understanding accents but even I just gave up trying. I actually didn't care because for this occasion getting the run down on every ingredient in the dish almost interfered with the meal. The amuse bouche were fabulous.Special Features:
- excellent food and serviceopentableJPDined on 10/1/2014I can't say enough for the service. They were there for every need. We did the Prix fixe...the oyster appetizer was amazing and our favorite of the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top notch on every level of the expFlChefsDandDDined on 9/29/2014Food, service, experience. So amazing!!!! It was more than a dinner, an experience of a fellow culinary artists true passion on the plate. The art of service and the great details it takes to make this happen were shown in absolute detail. I have been trying to explain the experience to some of my associates. I found out sometimes this task is like describing color to the blind. Thank you so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in every wayIntrepidtooDined on 9/26/2014Superb food, excellent service and discrete atmosphere. We were slightly disappointed when we were offered lounge seating but this turned out to be a much better option that the somewhat ostentatious dining room. The 'lounge' provides a more discrete area with perhaps 10-12 tables in an area separate and slightly elevated from the small cocktail bar. It was quiet, refined and comfortable and an ideal location in which to focus on the outstanding food and wines.Special Features:
- GeeMD0923Dined on 9/23/2014The service was excellent. Staff were so attentive and accommodating. The food presentation was very artistic but delectable and amazingly good. The overall experience was worthy of the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- for a special eveningnicolassDined on 9/22/2014personally i find it a bit overrated and overpriced , but in new york where often the hype is significant, it has tis place , but one cannot compare it with 2 star restaurants in europe, in my opinionSpecial Features:
- amazing cullinary experiencekramDined on 9/19/2014The food design, the menus, the creativity were all amazing. I've been to quite a few places - this is easily the best if not one of the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingFoodfanDined on 9/19/2014The best service we have ever received during a meal that included some of the best dishes we have ever had. Truly memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personal DisappointmentchrisjoDined on 8/28/2014We were visiting from the U.K and were looking forward to the experience. My wife had a wonderful flawless meal, but I had to send my rack of lamb back as the meat was very tough, unlike the melt in the mouth lamb I had recently had elsewhere. The dish was replaced with no fuss whatsoever and with agreement that the meat was not up to standard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner..taste of ParisMatt122VIPDined on 8/22/2014Had a wonderful evening celebrating my wife's birthday. We had visited Paris the last 2 summers, so this was our taste of Paris for the year and did not disappoint. We were able to move to the main dining room, which was a nice surprise. The evening was as much a part of the dining experience as it was the food. Starting with a cocktail and taking us through the menu took about 3 1/2 hours and never felt rushed or ignored. We greatly enjoyed the tasting menu with the wine pairing. The staff was flexible in the menu based on our desire to replace with one of the evening specials. The staff was outstanding and attentive detail, but not overbearing. Chef Daniel was in that evening and did come out to several of the tables to talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- livs2eatVIPDined on 8/14/2014Excellent as always and a most pleasant dining experience!Special Features:
- Chris YegenchrisiVIPDined on 7/30/2014While not as beautiful as the main dining room,the lounge is comfortable,small and quiet( unless of course,the noisy investment banker happens to sit next to you). The food is the same wonderful quality as the main room and the service Wednesday night was extraordinarySpecial Features:
- AmazingPickyhubbyDined on 7/25/2014Not one thing I didn't like. Food, service, everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpeccableStephanieVIPDined on 7/19/2014Having dined here for my first time, I can now say that this restaurant lives up to all the hype STILL. What a treat and real pleasure to experience dishes like those we had. Presented simply and beautifully, but needing a thousand words to describe the flavors and textures had my wife and I talking all night, and the following day. To speak of one dish as a favorite, I just don't think it's possible. The Borneo Vacherin topped off, and cooled down, what was an explosion of flavors throughout the many courses. With regard to the lounge; while the dining room is spectacular, I really appreciate the quaint coziness of the lounge seating. I know that I will never wait for a special occassion to visit Restaurant Daniel again. Simply divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- johnDined on 7/3/2014Dined at Daniel in Lounge and 2 meals at Cafe Boulud. All outstanding. Curiously, we left Daniel around midnight July 3 and went to our hotel. About 2 hours later Citibank sent me a fraud alert that someone had used my Mastercard and tried to charge a $9400 flight on Lufthansa. It could have been a number of merchants, but it was so close in time to my meal at Daniel that it at least made me wonder if one of the waiters had written down the number and security code. Again, it could have been anyone but it just happened in close proximity to my meal and I pass this on only for anecdotal reference in the event Daniel receives any similar notifications along these lines (as I would want that info if I owned the restaurant).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014This was our daughters first experience of fine dining Michelin style. The staff explained everything without and hint of being condescending. We were unsure our daughter had made the right choice for herself and we choose her starter for her based on her likes and dislikes. The maître'd assured her that if she didn't like it he would change it immediately. They aren't just paying lip service to their comments, they really do want you to have an exceptional dining experience. We had the most beautifully presented meal which tasted wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 466 reviews are from the Daniel - Lounge Seating reviews archive.
- DanielsWeeJakeDined on 6/30/2014It's simply stunning. The service was superbly friendly and the staff good at explaining the food and wines etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always exceeds our expectations.SensorytripDined on 6/28/2014Each time we visit Daniel we are blown away. First time we sat in the lounge and it was every bit of great as the main dining room. The food was remarkable and our sommelier was extraordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing All Arounddkom24Dined on 6/26/2014I had a reservation at 8:45 on Thursday night in the lounge. It was supposed to be for 2 people, but had a friend in town unexpectedly. The hostess changed the reservation to 3 with no problem, and was extremely polite and more than happy to help. We all enjoyed one of the best meals of our lives. The food was outstanding, the service was impeccable - extremely polite, accommodating, and fun. I had the Mayfair tasting menu. I wished the Abalone never ended. The second amuse bouche was one of the best dishes I have ever eaten. I recommendation for the 2 glasses of wine I sipped on during dinner was spot on. I do not like cheese. The waiter was happy to offer to substitute the mango dessert from the Bellecour menu for the cheese selection.Special Features:
- manhattanDined on 6/26/2014Our meals were well-prepared and wonderfully delicious - my husband's abalone appetizer was particularly superb. His choice of succulent pig and my duo of beef were wonderful. Desserts - chocolate guanaja especially were wonderful! Service was impeccable and very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food...leisurely meallovefoodDined on 6/24/2014I guess the French don't kid around when it comes to leisurely meals. Overall experience was excellent - food superb and service attentive. We just didn't expect a 2+ hour meal, but it's worth it if that's what you're looking for. It took about 30 minutes before we got a menu, they were focused on drinks. The wine list was overwhelming and I'm sure they would have provided recommendations had we asked. We did the 3 course prix fixe menu. Husband and I enjoyed everything. In between courses they would bring samples of small dishes, all superb and very fun to try. During dessert, they brought out petit fours throughout and it was lovely. Their madeleines are very delicious. Overall great experience and worth a try.Special Features:
- DivineTommyChardonnayVIPDined on 6/20/2014When you find your way into an establishment like Daniel, your faith in food and the finer side of life is restored. Can most people afford this experience? No- nor can I- but it is worth every hard earned penny to pamper yourself with experience like Daniel. Wine list is well organized by region with a delightful som who honed in on a great bottle that met all my needs. The service was flawless as was every bite of food. The Beef Duo is worth all the hype- like no other short rib I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYC's finest!nycfoodieVIPDined on 6/20/2014Daniel is hands down one of the greatest culinary experiences in NYC. Having spent a lot of time in NYC and a lot of it eating out at various places, Daniel definitely ranks as one of the best experiences. The food is out of this world. The flavors are really well balanced but what makes the meal even better is the impeccable service. Will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014It's only natural to expect an out-of-this-world experience when you go to a place like this. Perhaps, had we ordered from the tasting menu, we would have had a chance to see true masterpiece dishes. But we ordered from the a la carte menu, and nothing seemed to have made the earth move. The service was impeccable. As for food, neither the presentation, nor the flavors were anywhere near 5 stars. The lounge sitting should not be an option for dinner. Yes, it has the same menu choices and the same outstanding service but the ambiance is simply non-existent.
- Wow!bobmDined on 6/14/2014Comparable to the best of Paris. Save the airfare and the hassle - but book a month in advance to get the date and time you want. The lounge was cozier, maybe even cheaper, but don't trouble yourself about it.Special Features:
- OverpricedlovesoupVIPDined on 6/11/2014Disappointed. Expected French Laundry quality food and found that there were too many missteps.
- We love DanielDennyOVIPDined on 6/5/2014Excellent in all respects! Great service, food and hospitality.Special Features:
- Astoundingly, a valueJohnnieyeDined on 5/28/2014OK, Daniel is not cheap, let me get that out of the way first. And, I my net worth was easily a fraction of the other patrons there. BUT if you really love food and you appreciate an out of this world dining experience, then Daniel is worth saving up for. Would I eat there even twice a year? Maybe not, but even though I broke the bank, I feel like I got every penny back in value.
- Uncomfortable seating at the loungeASV1971Dined on 5/10/2014Food was superb, service was great, seating at the lounge not so much for a complete dinner. Tables not comfortable for long time seating!Special Features:
- Outstanding Experiencegourmet17Dined on 5/9/2014My husband and I were in NYC for the weekend and were able to get reservations in the Lounge at Daniel. I had dined in the main dining room previously and wondered if the lounge experience would be comparable. The menu is the same, as is the outstanding service and wine list. The service is still quite formal but impeccable. The entire staff is so well-trained in providing you with an outstanding experience without getting in the way. They are able to make suggestions on the menu and the timing was flawless. We did the 3 course prix fix menu, and the only problem was making a decision on what to order. Helpful waiters, fantastic preparation of entrees and delightful wine pairing. We will return - perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French effort in New YorkCharlieDDined on 5/8/2014Don't get me wrong, it was good but I have had French food all over the world & it doesn't sit amongst the elite. Service was good; I didn't like the dessert range but the wine choices were vast. Overall I was content.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWYEOLEDined on 5/8/2014We were there for an anniversary everything was right on. Can't say moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally awesomeProntomacVIPDined on 5/5/2014Little more can be said--everything was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding, as usual.BubbaJoVIPDined on 4/28/2014One very minor complaint about the lounge seating is that the tables and seats are about 1 - 3 inches too low. Fine for a 5'4" person but too low for a 6' foot person and above. Seating was a bit uncomfortable. Food, service, atmosphere were outstanding.
- Sensational!!!bjlovestoeatDined on 4/21/2014Romance set at ease, a simply fluid experience! The atmosphere is graceful and completely comfortable. The food was perfect! We decided on the three course prix fixe, but am now wishing we had went all in for the seven course menu instead. The wine pairings were wonderful as well. I will return to for another piece of the culinary delights we were provided here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticSpamalittleDined on 4/18/2014Made a special trip whilst visiting New York. The food was rather special - we had the fixed price menu. Staff were very friendly, particularly towards our teenage daughter who really enjoyed the evening. Perhaps had we wanted a romantic meal, they would have been a little less chatty but their friendliness and familiarity were appreciated and made sure our daughter felt included in the whole evening. Definitely our most expensive evening of the trip but it was worth it.Special Features: