9 SE 7th Ave
Delray Beach, FL 33483Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: (561) 330-1237
- Hours of Operation:
Summer hours: Closed Mondays until end of October. Dinner: Tues - Thursday & Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Angelo Elia
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
A word from D'Angelo Trattoria
Casually elegant, family style in a cozy atmosphere with a unique menu offering traditional dishes from Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
D'Angelo Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)romantic (2)notable wine list (2)special occasion (1)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Dissappointing compared to Casa D'AngeloOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/14/2014I really was excited to eat here, I like chef Angelo's other restaurants, however this one did not even come close.Special Features:
- DisappointedFrenchFoodieVIPDined on 11/12/2014Sadly. This wasn't what I expected. I had eaten there two years ago and it was better, we went to celebrate our anniversary and ordered an expensive bottle of wine. I hoped the food would be savory and compliment the wine. But, It was not the case. My husbands seafood pasta was bland, no flavor. I couldn't get enough salt and pepper on my veal marsala to make it favorable. Sorry I will not go back to this restaurant. Very disappointed
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/8/2014This the 2nd time I have been to this restaurant. The first was 2 years ago and I was not happy then. I thought I would give it another try since I have read so many great reviews recently. Both my Uncle and I ordered the Osso Buco after being recommended by Chris our waiter. Both my Uncle I had the same complaint. It was very dry, My cousin had the Veal Milanese, which he also commented was dry. This seems to be their MO as I recall I ordered the Carbonara the first time I went here and it was also dry. I will not try this restaurant again, which is unfortunate as it has great potential
- Enjoyable!DonnaleeVIPDined on 10/30/2014Great neighborhood restaurant! Nice decor and service was great! We all enjoyed the food.Special Features:
- EnjoyableBest2eatDined on 9/19/2014Everything we ate and drank was wonderful. Everyone in our party enjoyed everythingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 127 reviews are from the D'Angelo Trattoria reviews archive.
- Huge Expensive DisappointmentTmq54VIPDined on 7/12/2014I made reservations and also stopped by the restaurant to let them know it was a special evening - my mother-in-laws birthday and I was told they would give us a special table and special dessert with candle to celebrate. We got there, only one other couple was there, and was put at a table in the corner near the kitchen. It was loud, terrible service, food very average, and never got any special dessert. Dinner was very expensive and quite frankly, very average at best. I called the next day and was told that "sorry, try us again..we were short-handed.". No offer for a free appetizer if we came back, etc. We live on the same street and would have loved that to be our "go to" restaurant. NEVER AGAIN!
- Great Italian just off Atlantic AveGrny2014VIPDined on 4/5/2014Love this place, have been going there often since the complete re-do a few years ago. Menu is Classic Italian. You could have a few appetizers and call it a night- very very tasty. Great staff.Special Features:
- Nice Italian Restaurant off the AveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2014We went with another couple with a craving for good Italian food. The service was good and food was traditional Italian and tasty. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were there on a fairlyRobertVIPDined on 3/17/2014We were there on a fairly quiet Monday night, so it may not be completely representative of the ambience. But the food was very good, as was the very courteous staff. We had a very enjoyable evening and would go back.
- Not HappyJoelVIPDined on 3/8/2014We were a party of four, the two orders of Shrimp Parmagian were not good, the shrimp appeared to have granuales of sand mixed in & were very pasty. There was a Chicken dish ordered & the chicken was very tough, the Branzino was ok but appeared to be soaked in olive oil & garlic. The overall presentation of the dishes were poor as was the service. I also found it unusal that a relatively expensive restaurant would use paper table covers that get messy instead of table cloths. Overall it was a bad experience.
- AmbienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/6/2014Way, Way Too Loud. Could barely have a conversation. You are a restaurant.....not a singles bar. RIGHT? We spent $500 and were not particularly with the experence. Zarko, our waiter, was wonderful. Larry AkinI would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best!!!!!AudgVIPDined on 2/24/2014Just love this place. The food is outstanding. Our waitress, Carmelita was super. Great personality, good service. We'll be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- D'Angelos with FriendsPeeweeDined on 2/23/2014The food was mediocre. The server was polite and relatively attentive.
- AwfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/15/2014The service was non-existent. My food was good. My friend's pasta dish came out hard. The waiter forgot that he took it back. After getting up to complain, she finally received her dinner after the rest of us were finished. People around us were complaining that the orders were wrong, and the food was cold. We will never go there again.
- we've eaten here many timesDELRAYDINERDined on 2/13/2014we've eaten here many times and this was by far the worst meal we've ever had here. Right from the start they messed up my cocktail twice and not even that by gave me the wrong drink. The waiter forgot about us and he tried to sell us on different dishes. I had the octopus sale which was awful, and then I had a pasta dish which was hastily thrown together. Lastly, they initially sat us outside next to a big party but then we asked them to move us which they did. My view is that you shouldn't go here when it is crowded as they can't handle the volume and the service and quality go way down. We amy give it a try one more time but definitely not on a busy night.
- Not what I ExpectedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2014I have enjoyed numerous fine dining experiences worldwide. But sadly not at D'Angelo Trattoria. Maybe it was Sunday night and the A Team had night off. The food was very disappointing. The waiter was a trip. A trip I won't be taking back to D'Angelos.
- Excellent meal and alwaysHollyDined on 2/6/2014Excellent meal and always consistent. Have been about 5 times now and never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pat's reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/1/2014The food was "off the charts"! The service was good but felt a little rushed, although I would definitely go back & would, and already have, recommended this restaurant to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfriendly staffBuckyDined on 1/31/2014Hot, very loud and the tables are on top of one another. Not a place to go for fine dining or atmosphere. Several of the staff had an attitude.
- The service was disjointedTJOBDined on 1/3/2014The service was disjointed using several servers to do what should only be one job. And additional server didn't know who at the table ordered what. The food was just ok. For the money, I would not go back.
- Don't book with opentableJanalanVIPDined on 12/28/2013I booked this restaurant for a party of 7 well in advance using opentable. My husband arrived early and was given a table too small for our party. The restaurant was completely empty at that point and the manager would not give us a larger table. Apparently people double book and cancel at the last moment, so this manager had us on a low priority. My husband finally got them to give us a larger table after threatening to air this online. We were surprised that the manager was so unwelcoming. Of course other restaurants usually call to confirm a reservation, and this restaurant should adopt that policy. In any event, the food was good, nothing special. The waiter was very nice. But we would not return there after such a hostile reception.
- Big disappointment!Lorac21VIPDined on 12/24/2013We decided to take my parents here for Christmas Eve since we had been here before and enjoyed it. But last night we did not. They had a VERY limited menu for the holiday and each item was increased $2-3 more than the dinner menu posted online. When I made reservations I was never told the menu would be limited. When I ordered, the waiter told me that it was no longer available. At 8pm?!? My father ordered a non-alcoholic beer and was told that was no longer available too. Poor service. When our food did arrive it was just above room temperature. For a special occasion this meal was nothing special at all. Not worth the $$$.
- Very nice spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/20/2013Overall the experience was great, good food service etc, definitely return. However when making reservations on open table they listed the 6:45 time as only availability until after 8 p.m., on arriving the restaurant was empty and when we left some 90 minutes later there were still many tables available, why was that?Special Features:
- A rare findbddbernVIPDined on 12/1/2013My wife asked me to make a reservation on Atlantic Ave for 4, I could not remember the name, so D'angelo Trattoria sounded familiar. The evening we where going I showed her the name and that's when I found out I made the wrong reservation. We decided to try it, and I'm glad we did cause we now have a new restaurant to enjoySpecial Features:
- Good food, very noisy!FoodieDined on 11/21/2013We have been here several times and while we enjoy the food very much, the noise level is very high for talking to friends.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnermarydelrayDined on 11/18/2013Great food, excellent service and nice surroundings. Wonderful place for dinnerI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodRyanbVIPDined on 11/15/2013Great time. Off Atlantic. Not so hectic. Very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Loved it again !!KCBocaDined on 11/12/2013Went there a few months ago and tried the restaurant again on 11/12/13. The waiter was very super and suggested good wines to taste and enjoy. The food was good, as was to be expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pasta VeraLDwSPDined on 11/1/2013Great restaurant part of D'Angelo group (Casa D'Angelo, D'Angelo Pizzeria…), the pasta was fantastic. More limited wine list than other d'Angelo places. the only down side. extremely noisy...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationCarolDined on 8/15/2013The restaurant is in an old house which sort of makes it unique. This is not the first time I have eaten there and I was delighted to see the menu changed which gives it variety, but was disappointed because items that were featured were not on the menu this time. I had Red Snapper that was absolutely delicious. My companions liked there food as well. Only slight annoyance was that everything was alacarte and would have preferred a salad to be includedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Change not goodskikevVIPDined on 7/7/2013Third time not a charm. Food was good but a menu change brought higher prices and missing our favorites. Previously rated this establishment very high but cannot go that way now. Televisions had on Jersey Housewives.The manager and the waitresses were cordial and on top of things. Just wasn't impressed with the selections on the menu as we had been in the past. Did not stand out this time.
- always delightfuldiner1Dined on 7/5/2013Excellent serious food and service is outstanding and over the top for a trattoria, a real gem for this region - have been here various times and it never disappoints. Casual and lively atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good experienceWinebaronDined on 7/5/2013A charming setting with an attentive accommodating staff. Hit and miss on a few dishes. A special fettuccine with shrimp was rather bland. Osso buco hit the spot. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Time at D'AngelodelraydinerVIPDined on 6/30/2013This was our second time at this restaurant. We had a group of five with varying levels of adventure with regard to food. D'Angelo has very good selections to fit all palates. Everyone in our party was happy with their choices. The meatballs were awesome and the calamari was almost as good as Capital Grille. D'Angelo offers good food at reasonable prices (relative the restaurants on the Ave). Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always have a great meal there.DsilverDined on 6/21/2013Always have a great meal there. Consistent in food & service. Stumbled upon the place by accident, it's a gem on a side street!Special Features:
- Top notchIleneDined on 5/11/2013All around a great dining experience. The food, a bit pricey, but definitely worth the value. The branzino was prepared just right and if you order the shrimp parmigiana you'll be astounded at the size of the three shrimp. All in all a real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as the first timetrixieDined on 5/4/2013Disappointed in the food and service. Would not return. Not as good as I remembered it.
- One of our favorite localOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/19/2013One of our favorite local restaurants but this time it was extremely loud and service was slow . Food always excellent !Special Features:
- This was our 4th and unfortunatelyDWC1919VIPDined on 4/19/2013This was our 4th and unfortunately last trip to this restaurant because the food gets worse with every visit. My wife's dinner (shrimp) was breaded to the point you couldn't find let alone taste the shrimp and my veal was tough as shoe leather/. Our guests didn't fare much better but were perhaps being gracious when they described their meals as "OK"!
- We had a very nice time, andVTBlueDined on 4/17/2013We had a very nice time, and the staff was attentive. Portions are quite large, so be forewarned. Overall, the food was very good, well prepared and traditional Italian fare.Special Features: