20590 S LaGrange Rd
Frankfort, IL 60423Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://dancingmarlinrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (815) 464-6646
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday-Thursday 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday 4:30pm - 11:00pm
Saturday 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chefs John, Jackson & Matt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Located minutes from I-80, just south of Orland Park on LaGrange Road, Dancing Marlin offers your guests plenty of free parking. We recognize dining is as much about the experience as it is the cuisine, and we take pride in creating an atmosphere as rousing as our food. Our interior design elements are re-claimed or re-purposed, and serve as a reflection of our responsible and sustainable values. We offer versatile private and semi-private spaces for groups from 10 up to 120 people.
- Private Party Contact: Danielle 8154646646x
A word from Dancing Marlin
The Dancing Marlin is all about small plates, sharing & great wines and cocktails on tap! There also is a full bar. The menu has something for everyone with fresh seafood being a specialty. The culinary team has created a small plates menu that is both affordable and amazing! We feature a communal dining table for up to 14 guests. Our bar features 16 wines on tap and 8 "made from scratch", crafted cocktails. The bar also features 30 craft beers in bottles and cans. The restaurant features (3) private dining rooms that can accommodate up to 120 guests. All of this is packaged up in a modern restaurant design, produced by award winning design team. Knauer Inc!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Dancing Marlin - Best Restaurants in Frankfort ›
Dancing Marlin reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (106)good for groups (84)neighborhood gem (73)special occasion (60)hot spot (38)notable wine list (35)romantic (24)late-night find (13)great for lunch (12)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Wonderful TimeTnagel4Dined on 11/21/2014I was searching for a wine bar in the area and found this one. Menu on line looked great. We ordered several smal plates and were adventurous (trying bone marrow- yum). Best ahi tuna I have had. Very good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring your big wallet for small platesRickDined on 11/21/2014First time trying this type of dining. The food was excellent, but the portions were not exactly "shareable" with a large group. If your group has a big appetite, it can get expensive rather quickly, especially with the heartier, main plates. We were taken back by the New York strip steak price on the bill in comparison to the other plates which, unlike other plates, was not posted on the menu. It was still fun and the service couldn't have been better. Nevertheless, I can't afford to eat like on any kind of regular basis. If I come back, I will be more careful and ask for the prices of unmarked items.Special Features:
- Best in FrankfortBeenthereDined on 11/18/2014This is a great restaurant. The service is excellent and fast. The food is delicious and in just the right portions. The menu selection is fantastic with unusual dishes and stellar wine and beer offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in TownJoJoVIPDined on 11/15/2014The Dancing Marlin is by far the best local gem in the southwest burbs! Excellent food, excellent service - amazing place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Southwest suburb restaurantChgofoodiemomVIPDined on 11/15/2014This is the second time I've been to Dancing Marlin and once again I was pleased. We started out with the crab stuffed peppers and the fall harvest salad which were great. The oysters were outstanding as well. We were a bit cramped in the back/side room but that didn't make the noise level too loud. The owner and staff make you feel welcome. We'll be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/15/2014The food is excellent and service outstanding. This was our first time with the fall menu - we were able to try some new things, as well as a couple favorites from previous dinners. Trina, our server, was knowledgeable and very prompt with service. She was appropriately engaging and upbeat. LOVED everything we tried. Some of the combinations are so unique and you think there is no way they go together - until you actually try them - deliciously excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique dining experience. Great food & service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Very fun idea with the small portions, and the food was awesome. Service was terrific and the staff was very kind. Kudos to the chef that did the meet and greet towards the end of our night. Definitely will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!ScassDined on 11/8/2014We all loved our first experience here. Food was really good and service was great! Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night outOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2014We ABSOULTLY loved the food, outstanding. We love tasting and sharing and it was a perfect place for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014We were a group of five and each order allowed everyone to share and enjoy. Our selections of scallops, bone marrow, sliders, etc. were all delicious. Kudos to the chef. No one left disappointed. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- food was good.EatsoutVIPDined on 11/1/2014Need to note spiciness of food. Owner was apologetic for incorrect seating.Special Features:
- AMAZING EXPERIENCEBTRFLYDined on 11/1/2014MY HUSBAND AND I DINED HERE FOR THE FIRST TIME AND ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! THE TAPAS STYLE MENU WAS PERFECT BECAUSE WE WERE ABLE TO TRY A VARIETY OF FOOD ITEMS WITHOUT BEING STUCK WITH ONE ENTREE. THE WINE (CHARDONNAY) WAS TOP-NOTCH AND SERVED AT THE PERFECT TEMPERATURE TO ALLOW BURSTS OF FLAVOR TO COME OUT. OUR WAITRESS WAS VERY KIND, CARING, AND RECEPTIVE TO ALL OF OUR NEEDS. WE CANNOT WAIT TO GO BACK TO TRY SOME MORE MENU ITEMS. WHAT A JOY!Special Features:
- Popular for a reasonAmyRDined on 10/25/2014If you're interested in dining here, be sure to make a reservation or show up before 7pm for a seat at the bar. Then, try a little of everything. Hopefully your service is better than what we experienced this time. The first time we visited we sat at the bar and that experience was great. We had a group of 7 this time so I called ahead, got my reservation at 6pm and called ahead to make sure we could split the check. When the food did finally start coming it was a steady stream of dishes. Our waitress was our parties only complaint, mostly because all she did was complain all night. I will go back, I just hope to sit in a different section next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovetoeatDined on 10/25/2014prices are raised too much on each plate too often! For such small portions, not good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Food was very good and attractive display on the plate. Fun for a group, but almost too noisy for good conversation.Special Features:
- Fun girls night outSherryDined on 10/22/2014Our server was fantastic with recommendations for food and samples of wine. Very attentive to our large groups needs. Food arrived continuously creating a nice flow for conversation. Chef came out at the end of our dinner and recommended desserts then helped deliver the birthday treat. Very fun night and great for a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lincoln Park in the SuburbsWMS07Dined on 10/21/2014Very unique and out of the ordinary American tappas menu. Top notch decor and atmosphere. Sheik and trendy. The food is delicious with beautiful presentation. The wine list is small but sufficient. Tuesday nights get you 1/2 price wine which makes the bill even more reasonable than it already is. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable and made every effort to make us feel comfortable and taken care of. I'd put Dancing Marlin up against any downtown location in this price range, or above for that matter. 5 stars for a local gem that is way better than you would expect in the suburbs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ICE!dinner42Dined on 10/21/2014The food tasted pretty good. I did have a mai tai which was more like a glass of ice with 2 sips worth of the actual drink. I was disappointed in the drink to say the least and for what it cost, it should have been a bigger drink with less ice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dancing MarlinbabsDined on 10/18/2014Excellent dining experience-first time there and will definitely be back! Tapas style entrees flowing from the kitchen all night-every single choice was spectacular. Extensive wine list was well. Seating in the main restaurant a little cramped with tables close together-only criticism.Special Features:
- lucious but loudjtrayDined on 10/17/2014Loved loved the food, the whitefish dip rivals those I have had in WI and MI and fried kale, wonderful. Great creative selections, the flatbreads were so tasty. Everything was wonderful, but don't expect to hear your dinner partners conversation without raising your voice. This place was loud. Not sure if it was the number of diners or just bad acoustics.Special Features:
- Great place!DuckyDined on 10/10/2014First time!! Excellent food! Good drinks!! Reasonable price - will go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dancing MarlinOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014This place really shines. The food is inventive and fresh. Perfect for date night. Server was knowledgeable. I just wish they would offer sustainable soup and a good bread basket.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KitchenClosedKitchenClosedVIPDined on 10/8/2014Fun, energetic restaurant. Prompt and friendly service. If you want tapas in the south and southwestern suburban area this is THE place to go. My third visit there and it's better each time!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2014We have been here before and like this trip, the one main item we would like was not available any longer that daySpecial Features:
- "I'll be bach!"MsJbugDined on 10/5/2014Loved everything we ordered! My only problem....not exactly a problem...wanting to try more. That being said, I will be happy to return and do just that. Your wait staff was friendly, fun and informative. My kind of dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent night!Mark2771Dined on 10/4/2014It was an unbelievable evening, out for our anniversary! The food, service and atmosphere were outstanding. We also enjoyed some items off of the Oktoberfest menu!Special Features:
- Great new find for a fun night outkatyoncreekDined on 10/4/2014The ambiance was great, the service well done, the food served well and the quality of the food very good.Special Features:
- Delicious foodDeliciousDined on 10/1/2014Wonderful place to dine. Staff there was excellent and very friendly. This is a place to go taste testing. Variety of dishes to sample. Compliments to the chef!Special Features:
- Mrs. Donna HunterDmh625Dined on 9/20/2014This was our first time to this restaurant and we just loved every moment we spent here. Food was incredible and service outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great small plates to shareOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/18/2014Love that we were all able to try several types of dishes and still leave room for dessert. Coffee and doughnuts were fantastic.Special Features:
- Small plates bit price taglovinfoodDined on 9/17/2014I was hoping to love the Dancing Marlin because I love tapas and sharing plates. I was a little disappointed. The portions were very small for the price compared to other tapas restaurants on my go to list. The food was good but there wasn't anything that wowed me. I might go back with a large group if we were just looking for appetizers not a meal. I have also been to places that try to accommodate the number of people at the table. There were three of us and many items came in twos. We wanted to try a variety of items so didn't want to get two orders of the same item. I have been to places that will provide an order and 1/2 so everyone gets an equal portion to try and no cutting is involved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerCookieDined on 9/16/2014It was my Mother's 87th birthday and we took her to the Dancing Marlin (it was our first time there). We sat at the Kitchen Table and had a delightful time! The smaller sharing portions were perfect for Mom. As she has gotten older, she gets full quickly so she doesn't eat as much. By sharing small portions, she was able to experience nine different items. The food combinations are very interesting, and I like the fact that Dancing Marlin buys food from local (Illinois) farmers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in unexpected placesTheFoodiesDined on 9/13/2014Dancing Marlin is definitely a gem worth discovering. The variety and quality of the food is outstanding and I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a unique dining experience.Special Features:
- jamesDined on 9/13/2014ok....nice to try.....table seating is terribly tight. interesting and tasty foods but not relaxingSpecial Features:
- Always outstanding!FoodieNtheburbsDined on 9/13/2014Love, love, LOVE this breath of fresh air in the Southwest 'burbs. Food is always fresh, innovative & delicious! On-tap cocktails are top notch. Never had a bad time here & the season menu is always spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey But Good FoodNancyVIPDined on 9/13/2014Very good food (small plates), tap wine & cocktails. The food is always very good but it is a little TOO pricey. Good flat bread pizza (mushroom), Sloppy Joseph's very good, scallops were delicious. Save room for dessert as the chocolate shooters & turtle cheesecakes (4) were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Frankfort's BestSouthSubReviewerDined on 9/12/2014The Dancing Marlin has some absolutely delicious offerings; among my favorites: fried green tomato sliders; gnuddi; ahi nachos; heirloom tomatoes and burrata. Some dishes are more "miss" than "hit" -- the pastrami tacos and they had an overpowering mustard note. But the beauty of the Dancing Marlin is there are so many choices and because it is small plates -- you will be sure to have a fun, adventurous dining experience. But don't go here with people who do not love to eat and who are not willing to try new things. Very good beer selection. This is really one of the best restaurants in the Southwest suburbs. The chef is enthusiastic as are the owners. They are trying to bring something new to the area and they are succeeding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!Rasween7Dined on 9/12/2014Food was fantastic! There are options for those who are not huge seafood fans or adventurous eaters. Drink list was good. But, they could add some more wine options. Went for my birthday and everyone had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls NightGirlsNightDined on 9/12/2014Everything we ordered was delicious! Our waitress was excellent! Only complaint was noise level, we felt like we had to scream over the music to talk to one another. Aside from that we had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday evening funPickyFoodiesDined on 9/12/2014Great time at Dancing Marlin!! Went as a group of five; great place for a larger group. Small plates conducive to sharing, and sampling more items! Food delicious, wines were ok but not spectacular. Would definitely recommend, and will go again! Great suburban find, with more of a city vibe. Loved it!!Special Features: