20590 S LaGrange Rd
Frankfort, IL 60423Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://dancingmarlinrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8154646646x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday-Thursday 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday 4:30pm - 11:00pm
Saturday 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chefs John, Jackson & Matt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Located minutes from I-80, just south of Orland Park on LaGrange Road, Dancing Marlin offers your guests plenty of free parking. We recognize dining is as much about the experience as it is the cuisine, and we take pride in creating an atmosphere as rousing as our food. Our interior design elements are re-claimed or re-purposed, and serve as a reflection of our responsible and sustainable values. We offer versatile private and semi-private spaces for groups from 10 up to 120 people.
- Private Party Contact: Danielle 8154646646x
A word from Dancing Marlin
The Dancing Marlin is all about small plates, sharing & great wines and cocktails on tap! There also is a full bar. The menu has something for everyone with fresh seafood being a specialty. The culinary team has created a small plates menu that is both affordable and amazing! We feature a communal dining table for up to 14 guests. Our bar features 16 wines on tap and 8 "made from scratch", crafted cocktails. The bar also features 30 craft beers in bottles and cans. The restaurant features (3) private dining rooms that can accommodate up to 120 guests. All of this is packaged up in a modern restaurant design, produced by award winning design team. Knauer Inc!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Dancing Marlin - Best Restaurants in Frankfort ›
Dancing Marlin reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (98)good for groups (79)neighborhood gem (73)special occasion (70)notable wine list (34)hot spot (34)romantic (23)great for lunch (11)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (9)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Popular for a reasonOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014If you're interested in dining here, be sure to make a reservation or show up before 7pm for a seat at the bar. Then, try a little of everything. Hopefully your service is better than what we experienced this time. The first time we visited we sat at the bar and that experience was great. We had a group of 7 this time so I called ahead, got my reservation at 6pm and called ahead to make sure we could split the check. When the food did finally start coming it was a steady stream of dishes. Our waitress was our parties only complaint, mostly because all she did was complain all night. I will go back, I just hope to sit in a different section next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014prices are raised too much on each plate too often! For such small portions, not good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Food was very good and attractive display on the plate. Fun for a group, but almost too noisy for good conversation.Special Features:
- Fun girls night outSherryDined on 10/22/2014Our server was fantastic with recommendations for food and samples of wine. Very attentive to our large groups needs. Food arrived continuously creating a nice flow for conversation. Chef came out at the end of our dinner and recommended desserts then helped deliver the birthday treat. Very fun night and great for a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lincoln Park in the SuburbsWMS07Dined on 10/21/2014Very unique and out of the ordinary American tappas menu. Top notch decor and atmosphere. Sheik and trendy. The food is delicious with beautiful presentation. The wine list is small but sufficient. Tuesday nights get you 1/2 price wine which makes the bill even more reasonable than it already is. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable and made every effort to make us feel comfortable and taken care of. I'd put Dancing Marlin up against any downtown location in this price range, or above for that matter. 5 stars for a local gem that is way better than you would expect in the suburbs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ICE!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014The food tasted pretty good. I did have a mai tai which was more like a glass of ice with 2 sips worth of the actual drink. I was disappointed in the drink to say the least and for what it cost, it should have been a bigger drink with less ice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dancing MarlinbabsDined on 10/18/2014Excellent dining experience-first time there and will definitely be back! Tapas style entrees flowing from the kitchen all night-every single choice was spectacular. Extensive wine list was well. Seating in the main restaurant a little cramped with tables close together-only criticism.Special Features:
- lucious but loudjtrayDined on 10/17/2014Loved loved the food, the whitefish dip rivals those I have had in WI and MI and fried kale, wonderful. Great creative selections, the flatbreads were so tasty. Everything was wonderful, but don't expect to hear your dinner partners conversation without raising your voice. This place was loud. Not sure if it was the number of diners or just bad acoustics.Special Features:
- Great place!DuckyDined on 10/10/2014First time!! Excellent food! Good drinks!! Reasonable price - will go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dancing MarlinOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014This place really shines. The food is inventive and fresh. Perfect for date night. Server was knowledgeable. I just wish they would offer sustainable soup and a good bread basket.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KitchenClosedKitchenClosedVIPDined on 10/8/2014Fun, energetic restaurant. Prompt and friendly service. If you want tapas in the south and southwestern suburban area this is THE place to go. My third visit there and it's better each time!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2014We have been here before and like this trip, the one main item we would like was not available any longer that daySpecial Features:
- "I'll be bach!"MsJbugDined on 10/5/2014Loved everything we ordered! My only problem....not exactly a problem...wanting to try more. That being said, I will be happy to return and do just that. Your wait staff was friendly, fun and informative. My kind of dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent night!Mark2771Dined on 10/4/2014It was an unbelievable evening, out for our anniversary! The food, service and atmosphere were outstanding. We also enjoyed some items off of the Oktoberfest menu!Special Features:
- Great new find for a fun night outkatyoncreekDined on 10/4/2014The ambiance was great, the service well done, the food served well and the quality of the food very good.Special Features:
- Delicious foodDeliciousDined on 10/1/2014Wonderful place to dine. Staff there was excellent and very friendly. This is a place to go taste testing. Variety of dishes to sample. Compliments to the chef!Special Features:
- Mrs. Donna HunterDmh625Dined on 9/20/2014This was our first time to this restaurant and we just loved every moment we spent here. Food was incredible and service outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great small plates to shareOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/18/2014Love that we were all able to try several types of dishes and still leave room for dessert. Coffee and doughnuts were fantastic.Special Features:
- Small plates bit price taglovinfoodDined on 9/17/2014I was hoping to love the Dancing Marlin because I love tapas and sharing plates. I was a little disappointed. The portions were very small for the price compared to other tapas restaurants on my go to list. The food was good but there wasn't anything that wowed me. I might go back with a large group if we were just looking for appetizers not a meal. I have also been to places that try to accommodate the number of people at the table. There were three of us and many items came in twos. We wanted to try a variety of items so didn't want to get two orders of the same item. I have been to places that will provide an order and 1/2 so everyone gets an equal portion to try and no cutting is involved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerCookieDined on 9/16/2014It was my Mother's 87th birthday and we took her to the Dancing Marlin (it was our first time there). We sat at the Kitchen Table and had a delightful time! The smaller sharing portions were perfect for Mom. As she has gotten older, she gets full quickly so she doesn't eat as much. By sharing small portions, she was able to experience nine different items. The food combinations are very interesting, and I like the fact that Dancing Marlin buys food from local (Illinois) farmers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in unexpected placesTheFoodiesDined on 9/13/2014Dancing Marlin is definitely a gem worth discovering. The variety and quality of the food is outstanding and I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a unique dining experience.Special Features:
- jamesDined on 9/13/2014ok....nice to try.....table seating is terribly tight. interesting and tasty foods but not relaxingSpecial Features:
- Always outstanding!FoodieNtheburbsDined on 9/13/2014Love, love, LOVE this breath of fresh air in the Southwest 'burbs. Food is always fresh, innovative & delicious! On-tap cocktails are top notch. Never had a bad time here & the season menu is always spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey But Good FoodNancyVIPDined on 9/13/2014Very good food (small plates), tap wine & cocktails. The food is always very good but it is a little TOO pricey. Good flat bread pizza (mushroom), Sloppy Joseph's very good, scallops were delicious. Save room for dessert as the chocolate shooters & turtle cheesecakes (4) were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Frankfort's BestSouthSubReviewerDined on 9/12/2014The Dancing Marlin has some absolutely delicious offerings; among my favorites: fried green tomato sliders; gnuddi; ahi nachos; heirloom tomatoes and burrata. Some dishes are more "miss" than "hit" -- the pastrami tacos and they had an overpowering mustard note. But the beauty of the Dancing Marlin is there are so many choices and because it is small plates -- you will be sure to have a fun, adventurous dining experience. But don't go here with people who do not love to eat and who are not willing to try new things. Very good beer selection. This is really one of the best restaurants in the Southwest suburbs. The chef is enthusiastic as are the owners. They are trying to bring something new to the area and they are succeeding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!Rasween7Dined on 9/12/2014Food was fantastic! There are options for those who are not huge seafood fans or adventurous eaters. Drink list was good. But, they could add some more wine options. Went for my birthday and everyone had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls NightGirlsNightDined on 9/12/2014Everything we ordered was delicious! Our waitress was excellent! Only complaint was noise level, we felt like we had to scream over the music to talk to one another. Aside from that we had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday evening funPickyFoodiesDined on 9/12/2014Great time at Dancing Marlin!! Went as a group of five; great place for a larger group. Small plates conducive to sharing, and sampling more items! Food delicious, wines were ok but not spectacular. Would definitely recommend, and will go again! Great suburban find, with more of a city vibe. Loved it!!Special Features:
- Very good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Went here for the first time and enjoyed the experience. The food was very good and the service as well. I would recommend.Special Features:
- Not a favoritemcdinerDined on 9/6/2014The menu needs less cheese, cream and oil. We tried several items from different sections of the menu and almost all, in fact all, were either fried, or cheesy or both. The bowl that our Kale was served in had a puddle of oil in the bottom. Slow down the service just a bit and drain the kale before you throw it in the bowl and put the cheese on top. It's healthy? oil but no one needs to see it at the bottom of the bowl. Our waitress was friendly, well informed and very efficient. It could have been that we just didn't order the right items but the menu was weighted at least 5 to 1 with dishes that had cheese, fried, or mayo/cream etc in the description.
- A Definite CatchFoodsAreUsDined on 9/5/2014First visit to Dancing Marlin and WOW what a catch! The smaller plates allowed us to try a number of different items. Their take on familiar things really gave each taste a unique experience. Seven items and each equally as good as the others. From start to finish you would think the South Suburbs couldn't offer a place like this. Any food snob would be smiling here. The cute place offered an inviting atmosphere. The owner stopped to make sure all was to our liking and Rebecca our server was exceptional. I'm sure you will enjoy this catch yourself. Have fun and make sure you try "The Pig & The Fig!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencefoodieforlifeDined on 9/4/2014we loved dancing marlin especially since our server was so helpful fun experience food was very good and my picky husband enjoyed the experienceSpecial Features:
- Fit for FrankfurtFoodieDined on 8/30/2014Frankfurt has never had tapas because the waitress spent 5 minutes explaining the tapas concept to us. Tapas is an old concept in Chicago ( cafe babariba) Food was okay I thought the kale chips were too greasy, husband lives the dates and pork, the veggie items especially salad a bit overpricedSpecial Features:
- On my favorites listJablack1960Dined on 8/30/2014Dancing Marlin is a new go-to place. The staff is competent and personable. The flavors the chefs arrange in each dish combine wonderfully. I've experienced nothing like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FlavorB4UNoItDined on 8/30/2014Love the flavor combinations in the dishes. We have been here several times and the food has always exceeded our expectations. I love this restaurant!Special Features:
- Yum!SickofbarfoodDined on 8/30/2014The food was great! It was served tapas style which allowed us to try numerous items. One of my favorites was the ahi tuna nachos and my husbands was the bone marrow. We both also enjoyed the soft shell crab sliders that were on special. We are already talking about going back ASAP.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty bites that take a bite...Red1LauraDined on 8/29/2014Out of your wallet that is! I went to the Dancing Marlin with a girlfriend to celebrate our birthdays, so the occasion was special and warranted a nice dinner. However, I felt like $12 - $18 dollars for their small plates (tapas) was a little steep. There were only 3-4 tastes on each plate (as in 4 nachos or 4 meatballs) and our bill for 3 tapas and 4 total glasses of wine was over $80 dollars. The service was adequate but not exceptional. Our waitress was informative and attentive but not very warm or cheerful. I may go back again for the food, it was interesting and tasty but it will have to be another very special occasion. The atmosphere is energetic and a bit loud so as soon as we were done eating we left to go somewhere quieter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth The Drive From ChicagoFredrickDined on 8/29/2014I was skeptical when a friend suggested a "wine on tap" venue. Much to my surprise, the menu was quite eclectic, and was Tapas style service though I would not describe the food as the type you’d find in a traditional Spanish Tapas cuisine restaurant. EVERYTHING was OUTSTANDING! I recommend the shrimp & chorizo, and avocado taco selections; crab stuffed peppers were stunningly succulent. Ahi tuna nachos & oysters “rockefellaz” - delectable. The coup de grace was undoubtedly the scallops! Dessert: Must have “turtle cheesecake bites.” Wine served on tap? Not the least bit oxidized. Technology! Hearing that there was an armchair wine connoisseur with questions about his wine Ed took time to sit with our table to explain the process-MUST DO!Special Features:
- A+ on Food, B on Wine, A on ServicefoodiebobDined on 8/27/2014Well prepared small sharing portions. We especially liked the scallops, and regretted not ordering a second plate. The porchetta was not only excellent, but a large portion, enough for 4. All wine is on tap, no bottles, and our selection of the Sauvignon Blanc was much too fruity and lacked crispness. Still, I'd go back, if only for those scallops.Special Features:
- city food in burbsajh1Dined on 8/26/2014Progressive menu with upscale American tapas. While seafood is sprinkled in with the other offerings, the name might be misleading for those who don't investigate the menu as it sounds like a seafood house. Fun sharable food. Pickier eaters will have just a few options, but foodies will be very happy to see a restaurant like this in the southwest suburbs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.