310 Prospect Ave
Hartford, CT 06106Neighborhood:
Hartford / West Hartford
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.damonstavern.com/
- Phone: 8602339900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: David Torrillo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Damon's Tavern
An upscale sports bar with a contemporary yet comfortable restaurant side. Tavern favorites include seafood mac 'n cheese, lemon chicken and a pulled pork platter; or share an order of our heaping nachos and Damon's style wings while watching your favorite game on one of our 43 HD TV’s. Freshly made salads, sandwiches, burgers and pizza's round out our extensive menu. We also offer a children's menu and video games for the personal TV’s located in each booth on our restaurant side. Happy hour specials and late night dining are also offered.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Damon's Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good Sports BarnanajDined on 11/16/2013Service was good and waiter aimed to please with menu requests! The food was pretty standard sports bar theme...nothing special with nachos and pizza (pie).I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ribs were good. I wouldn'tJazzydDined on 11/9/2013The ribs were good. I wouldn't order the salmon. Not something I should have ordered at a sports bar, but gave it a shot. Was overcooked, not once but twice as it was sent back for being overcooked. Second meal wasn't as overcooked as the first, but still overcooked.Special Features:
- awesome!nando203Dined on 10/26/2013One of the best sports bars in ct hands down, no disappointmentsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sport's FansScottDined on 10/19/2013If you want a great sports bar that is not too loud this is the place. We liked it sooooo much better that Buffalo Wild Wings!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tavern comfort food heavengoldrushVIPDined on 9/24/2013You can make a meal out of appetizers or enjoy a burger that's as good as max's or Plan B, if not better. They also have full dinners such as pulled pork or lobster shrimp mac and cheese that is the best I've ever had. Don't miss the fried green bean !!Special Features:
- Appetizers & sandwiches &OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2013Appetizers & sandwiches & Sunday Football--Does it get any better???Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hey, it a sports bar withLennyVIPDined on 9/3/2013Hey, it a sports bar with decent food and great beers. What more could one want from a sports bar?Special Features:
- MY RESERVATION WAS FOR NOONRichDined on 7/28/2013MY RESERVATION WAS FOR NOON ON SUNDAY AND WHEN WE ARRIVED THERE WAS ASIGN SAYING NOT OPEN UNTIL 3 pm ????????????
- As good as any place around-goldrushVIPDined on 6/4/2013Great appetizers- substantial burgers-wonderful salads- What more could you ask for?Special Features:
- Out of several beers. RanOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2013Out of several beers. Ran out of pork 6pm on a Saturday. No steak for saladSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for drinksmc15VIPDined on 5/3/2013There were a ton of Televisions which was great, because we went with a group of 6 to watch the NBA finals. If I was going here for just drinks and to watch the game I would have been happy. The food is pricey bar food, but not worth the price. I mean $ 9.00 dollar chicken tenders?! I would definitely go back for drinks and to watch a game, but probably wouldn't order food again. Also, it took an hour to flag down our waitress! Our appetizer plates were never cleared and sat there the entire almost 2 hours we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulNEACUHODined on 5/2/2013We had a group gathering at Damon's and it was wonderful. The waitress kept checking on us and no one had to wait, even though we were arriving at different times. She was very attentive to our tables, our drinks, and our food needs. We plan to return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- average..OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2013Food is average at best. I ordered a salad that came with avacado. It was served without it. When I asked about it, they said they were out of it. Ths should have been told to me when served not left up to me to figure out....Beer selection is pretty good so that makes the place okay for a simple, casual sports bar type dining experience...They do have a large dining area that makes bringing the kids easy.
- Nice sports bar with betterOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/24/2013Nice sports bar with better than average food. There are lots of TVs all over the room, including at some of the booths, so you can watch multiple games at once. The service is friendly, and the atmosphere is casual and welcoming.Special Features:
- Very good food for a "sports bar"JeffADined on 3/23/2013This is a fun, locally owned sports bar...lots of tvs, wings, beer, etc. BUT...the food was very good, much better than I expected for a "sports bar", the service was friendly and fast even on a busy Saturday night during NCAA tourney. Will go back and would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Great place to go if you loveSusieVIPDined on 11/10/2012Great place to go if you love sports and an enthusiastic crowd routing for their favorite teams. Lots of fun.
- this was our first visit toRichDined on 10/27/2012this was our first visit to Damon's. We came from Mahopac, NY and met some relatives coming from Framingham, MA. I was looking for something in the middle and searched thru Open table. we all had positive comments about our orders. Three had burgers while I had the Pastrami sandwich. We will definitely return. Every booth has its own flat screen TV and the walls are covered with additional screens too.Special Features:
- We went there with a groupOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/13/2012We went there with a group to watch an MLB baseball game. We had appetizers and drinks which were all good. There were plenty of TV's and they changed the channel when we asked. Thought it was going to be a little more "upscale" from pictures on the internet. Nice neighborhood bar.Special Features:
- Good Pub FoodJfgehreVIPDined on 5/25/2012If you are looking for "Pub Type" food you won't go wrong with Damon'sSpecial Features:
- Great atmosphere. Mix of pubOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/18/2012Great atmosphere. Mix of pub and family-style dining. Great menu choices and prices!
- This is a great place forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/12/2012This is a great place for hanging out and watching any game! Very friendly, big, and a great selection of food which I expected to be average but was really pretty good; tasty and done to order. The staff was very helpful and attentive.Special Features:
- 8 kids/adults on a Saturday nightMamaSaysShopDined on 3/3/2012Our group of 8 had a great time at Damon's tonight. Our server, James, was terrific - Attentive, accurate and friendly. He served both the kids and adults well. Burgers were great, "adult Mac & cheese" was Delian, pastrami nightmare was relish. Wings and nachos beforehand had us stuffed and we took leftovers home too. All in all, would highly recommend as the bartender and the hostess were also very friendly and helpful. Awesome bar with TVA everywhere and lots to keep everyone happy. This was our first time, but we'll be back!Special Features:
- I took an hour and a halfOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/3/2012I took an hour and a half to get 2 sandwiches and a salad. We missed the movie we were planning on seeing. Disappointed!
- I have never been disappointedFeelinggroovyDined on 2/7/2012I have never been disappointed in anything I have ordered from Damon's. Tbe food is always spectacular and moderately priced. I love Damon's wine selection. My partner and I eat there at least once a week and often bring friends. And of course, we always recommend it to folks who are looking for a restaurant in the area. Unfortunately, last night when I ordered a burger with a gluten free roll, I was told there were none; the excuse was they are changing the menu and so are not re-ordering some of their supplies. I think the menu is supposed to change next week. I hope it is sensitive to allergies such as wheat and dairy.Special Features:
- Great place to watch a sportingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/10/2011Great place to watch a sporting event while enjoying your dinner. The management and staff do an excellent job making you feel welcome. There is no reason to go to any of the chain restaurants when you have an option like Damon's.Special Features:
- Just what I was looking for.gobluemomVIPDined on 10/21/2011Just what I was looking for. A reasonable place to take my kids for dinner. We were going to a "special occasion" restaurant the following night. Just wanted good food, good atmosphere and we got it. This restaurant is very close to Trinity College where my daugher goes to school.Special Features:
- Great place for watching sportingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2011Great place for watching sporting events with friends! Lots of tvs, including in the boths. Looking forward to checking it out for football season!Special Features:
- We ordered the nachos as anOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/7/2011We ordered the nachos as an app and a huge plate came out w/ a tiny side of salsa (obviously not close enought for the nachos). We requested another side of salsa following which the server brought out 2 sides of salsa. When the check came were were charged for the extra salsa. It wasn't much but we weren't informed of the charge and it's unreasonable to serve such a small side of salsa with the nachos. The nachos are already expensive enough for the restaurant to eat the nominal salsa charge. Overall, however, it was a good experience.
- Fun place and given outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/30/2011Fun place and given outstanding as a great Sports BarSpecial Features:
- For a very casual place thatSusieVIPDined on 5/27/2011For a very casual place that is more like a sports bar, this has very good food (we have the wings - really good! My husband really liked the seafood mac & cheese. And my salad was good.) The server was terrific. Very attentive without going overboard.
- BLT could have used more garlicOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/23/2011BLT could have used more garlic mayo. It was spread haphazardly and there was not enough of it.Special Features:
- Too many TVs. Great for sportsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/14/2011Too many TVs. Great for sports but not if you want to bring your date there. The food was not bad, but the server was not interested in improving the experience. Go there with your friends to enjoy the monster TVs and every live game of the day at your booth.Special Features:
- We had a margarita pizza andBrunchDined on 3/6/2011We had a margarita pizza and tower of Coors light while watching the UCONN women's basketball game. The service was very good as was the pizza. My only problem is with the pricing, $17.99 for a tower of Coors is higher than at other sports bars we frequent. My Groupon certificate eased the financial pain.Special Features:
- Love this little sports bar.FirsttimerVIPDined on 2/11/2011Love this little sports bar. Great for families, friends, work... Not a fancy place, but has tv's in all the booths with many sports choices to watch. Great food (kind of a bar menu, but plenty of choices and variety to appeal to any palate)! We go here often. Prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- We love Damon's!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/11/2011Sitting on the fringe of the West Hartford dining scene sits Damon's - a place where you can do it all - bring the family, celebrate an occasion, watch a big game, have great food and drinks and most importantly - GET A TABLE! We are so grateful to be able to say "Let's go to Damon's!".Special Features:
- Damon's is a sports bar withGaryVIPDined on 2/3/2011Damon's is a sports bar with elevated pub food. The chicken pot pie was tasty but watery.Special Features:
- Busy night with the bowl gamesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/1/2011Busy night with the bowl games on (volume was up there, but didn't bother us). Burger came a little rare and they handled it wonderfully. Sent a new one that was perfect and delicious! Staff was fantastic. Would definitely go back with or without kids. The way they remodeled the inside looks great since they took it over. Tough trying to decide what to order, too many good options. Will be a new go-to spot for us.Special Features:
- What a gem! We are huge sportsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/1/2011What a gem! We are huge sports fans, and the HD TVs everywhere were only surpassed by the remarkable food! Usually you have to tolerate bar food to see good sports, but the lemon chicken and the seafood mac and cheese were extremely well executed. The "mac and cheese" was really cavatappi pasta in a four cheese blend with lobster claw meat, shrimp and scallops. Extremely generous portion and well balanced flavors. Perfect for the New Years hangover we were nursing.Special Features:
- Great food, nice informedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/16/2010Great food, nice informed staff, fantastic owners. Whether with friends, family or a group, can't miss.Special Features:
- Excellent experience exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/13/2010Excellent experience except for an understandable noise level. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding.Damon's was full with noisy Giant fans, including us, enjoying a game that was blacked out in our area.Special Features: