317 N. Brand Blvd.
Glendale, CA 91203Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.damonsglendale.com/
- Phone: 8185071510
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm; Mai Tai Brunch:
Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: 60 ppl
- Private Party Contact: Kevin Berresford 8185071510
- Special Events: Private parties of 20 or more can reserve the "Tiki Room" for special events or meetings. Order off the menu or work with our special events manager Kevin Berresford to create your own.
A word from Damon's Steakhouse
An area landmark, Damon's has been serving up great food and fun to generations of family and friends since 1937. Loyal fans from across SoCal make Damon's their destination for steaks, burgers, seafood, and BBQ, all served up with a vintage Tiki vibe by a friendly and attentive staff. Whether you're hosting a special event or just looking for great food at a reasonable price, Damon's delivers. And don't forget to try a Mai Tai or Chi Chi -- Damon's signature tropical cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Damon's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Glendale ›
Damon's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (63)good for groups (51)special occasion (47)vibrant bar scene (34)kid-friendly (25)great for lunch (22)fit for foodies (15)romantic (14)great for brunch (14)hot spot (11)late-night find (6)scenic view (4)Show More
- Awesome as always!GwensgirlDined on 9/13/2014This Glendale Gem is as good as it was 30 years ago when I went! Such a fun atmosphere and good food!Special Features:
- Did Not Meet ExpectationsJaminNan74Dined on 9/12/2014I used to frequent Damon's Bar back in the day, but never had their food until now. I organized a Girls' Night Out on Friday night, and was disappointed. Mai Tais were not as good as they used to be. Overall, service (bartenders, person for table seating, and waitress) outstanding. I made a table reservation on-line, and requested to sit near the music, and that went extremely well. The problem was, atmosphere looked old, and in need of a facelift. Food was quite under par. House salad seemed old, chewy and was yucky. I ordered the 15 oz prime rib, end cut. Size was good but outside crust was not crispy, but seemed to be steamed, and meat had lots of grizzle. Twice baked potato seemed re-heated and lacked flavor. Damon's can do better.Special Features:
- Hawaii HeavenDakotaDined on 9/7/2014We are always seated almost immediately because we make a reservation on line a couple days in advance. And we are usually seated in the hub of the restaurant because we get there early. The service is always gracious and fun. We absolutely love that you get side dishes with your steaks and meat dishes. The portions are just perfect and still allow maybe for one of their fabulous multi-layered chocolate cakes. Absolutely love their margueritas and chi-chi's. The parking can be a bit of a hassle because of another popular restaurant next door and usually we find one in a matter of several minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014They serve what is undoubtedly the best steak filet in town!Special Features:
- great food downtowncityeatsDined on 9/5/2014Our top nice dinner out place. Damons is a fave among our group of friends for many years now . Steaks are always the best and the shrimp brochette is a long time favorite of mine. Mai tais are not quite as good as they use to be but still a regular order for us. Be ready to pay for parking if u want to be close. Otherwise you can park in sears lot and walk across.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remove that carpet!EatingRoxxDined on 9/1/2014Excited for a wonderful steak dinner, we arrived to a DAUNTING smell. Sour food?? Old carpet! If I did not have reservations, I would have turned right around and walked out. I spent the rest of my stay unable to breathe through my nose. It took a very long time, and the waitress did not seem very happy. Guests had to grab for a server as they went by. I ordered a "very well-done" steak, and even mentioned that it can be cut up to make it well done. As I sliced, blood pooled on the top. By time my steak returned, my husband was almost finished with his meal. His steak was perfect. The food is very tasty. If my steak had been cooked properly, OR I did not get what looked like a sneer when it was returned, I would give 6 stars for the food!
- Best service in townGaryDined on 8/30/2014Courteous, quick and efficient. Staff went out of their way to make our experience a pleasant one. Food was top quality. Not an intimate place, this restaurant is perfect for a fun time with friends and great steaks.Special Features:
- Better off going to SizzlerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014For the price, you are better off going to the Sizzler. We ordered the fried oysters as an appetizer, they were still sandy. We ordered the filet mignon with the twice baked potato, and the rib eye with the garlic spinach, both were horrible. Both were ordered medium, the filet came well done, and my rib eye was medium. I’m guessing that they call it a “twice baked” potato because it was previously baked earlier in the week because the top of it was inedible and it didn’t even taste like a potato. The spinach was also inedible. The Cajun blackened rib eye I ordered was medium but the rub they used on it was almost like a burnt paste. If I would of spent $40 on this meal it would have been too much, but I spent $100.00! WTF!?!?
- Damon'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014We've been coming to Damon's off and on for over 30 years and this will probably be our last visit for dinner. Was it horrible? No, it's just tired and it acts more like a large grade B steak chain than a neighborhood gem. The carpeting is getting threadbare and there're some tears that have been repaired with tape. Our meal felt very rushed (in fact at one point we both looked at each other and said, "Do you feel like we're being rushed?") – we ordered a shrimp cocktail and our salad came at the same time as the shrimp; we were about half way through our salad and the main course appeared. The wine was oxidized and had to be returned. The meat was flavorless and without character.
- historic but...kimberVIPDined on 8/25/2014I am sorry to say I did not love this place. Came for lunch so the restaurant was pretty empty and minus any food aromas in an empty restaurant it smelled kind of musty and like old carpet. And the carpet looked really old and worn which was unappetizing making me hope the kitchen looked cleaner. Old is ok if it feels well kept but this did not :-( Plus it is dark and dank in there. Ordered the shrimp lime salad and the shrimp had too much shell and was flavorless and tough. The dressing was more like a sauce and did not complement the salad at all :-( Server was friendly enough. I did not hear any fellow diners in my party of 5 saying they were enjoying their food either… Nothing made me want to return to this place.
- yummyleonardDined on 8/18/2014love Mai Tai Mondays and the prime rib. we celebrated our 41st anniversary here and it was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Outstanding - Service NOT!BillJDined on 8/16/2014Damon's has been our special occasion destination for over 40 years - the food has always been excellent and still is every bit as outstanding as ever!!! It's THE Place to get the absolute best beef tenderloin around! Service has diminished - Wait staff is slow and forgetful and neglects to check back periodically to see if you need anything. The noise level is very high - The hostess seated us in the center of the main dinning room and we became literally surrounded by large loud and noisy groups. A bad choice, in my opinion, by the Hostess for a party of 2 - and this was EARLY in the evening, a 4:45 PM Reservation, well before the mid-evening rush of patrons who have already spent an hour in the Bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirdlegsDined on 8/14/2014We like having dinner at Damon's before going to the Glendale Centre Theatre. Its very convenient since the theater is just across the way. They have a great early bird dinner menu, make good drinks, and also have a nice variety of other entrees at regular prices. The staff is always friendly and takes good care of the diners. They understand the need to have our dinner without rushing due to the show time.Special Features:
- A Family TraditionDougJDined on 8/9/2014Our family has been dining at Damon's for various occasions for over 40 years. We love their specialty drinks, Mai Tai and Chi Chi (watch out they don't make whippy drinks here). Still one of the best steaks around. Love the atmosphere and the friendly staff, many of whom we have known for years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken wingshikerVIPDined on 8/7/2014under cooked! Usually very taste and cooked properly. This time, under done!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Thank you Damon's for helping to make our son's 17th birthday special! He wanted Damon's steak and nothing else! As always we can expect the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodlover2Dined on 8/6/2014Like life, restaurants get old and slowly die out and disappear. That's what has happened with Damons. It was a great restaurant in the past but like everything else it is now run down and old, not only in appearance but in its food and service. The only thing that has remained high is the prices.
- Awesome find!DingoDined on 8/3/2014It's like the Tiki Room at Disneyland opened up a steak house. A surprisingly good one! Drinks and steaks were awesome, and our server was personable and attentive. Everything was much better than expected.Special Features:
- Gone down hill a bitBobwishDined on 8/1/2014Damon's has gone down hill a bit, as the prices have risen over the years.... Still like them, and the Mai Tais and BBQ are good, but the place could use a good cleaning.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DamonsRocksDined on 8/1/2014I have been dining at Damons since the early 70's when it was down on Central Avenue which happened to be around the corner from work. I live down is the South Bay area in Torrance now but I have had season tickets to the Dodgers since 1974 and Glendale is close enough to enjoy a pre-game dinner at Damons from time to time and my wife loves the food and the steaks. My only wish is that the bar stocked Finlandia vodka for a nice martini or Hendricks gin for a great gin & tonic, stock that in the bar and I am a happy camper. One of the few places in LA where the steaks are as good as they are is at Clearman's North Woods Inn in Rosemead.Special Features:
- BandJVIPDined on 7/29/2014The filet, medium rare with an extra char always comes out perfectly cooked, great Mai Tais, a house salad and twice baked potato makes a great but not a fancy meal.Special Features:
- Barbie3Barbie3Dined on 7/26/2014Best prime rib I've ever had. Tender, flavorful, love the creamed horseradish and the dinner salad was a nice size. My boyfriend ordered the ribs, but he thought they were too spicy and the cottage cheese side order tasted odd to him, however, instead of complaining, he just didn't eat it. I would go back to Damon's for the prime rib. They need to do something about the parking meters out back. We had to keep going out at dinner to add more coins to the meter, as you cannot add as many as you want.Special Features:
- Great classic tiki bar and steakbenackermanDined on 7/26/2014Damon's is a classic tiki bar and steakhouse tucked away in Glendale. You'll find the typical tiki drinks such as a Mai Tai and a Singapore Sling in the bar along with plenty of local patrons watching baseball amidst a decor of bamboo and tiki idols. The restaurant side of Damon's is a great place place for steak. Twice baked potatoes, garlic bread and a killer salad all add up to a really great, classic LA steakhouse experience.Special Features:
- A Unique Dining ExperienceStuartDined on 7/26/2014We always enjoy the food and ambiance of Damon's. It's one of those restaurants where one feels relaxed and comfortable. On this particular occasion the staff seemed a bit too light and it was obvious that our server was a bit overwhelmed; however, we were not in a hurry and enjoyed a satisfying evening. We ordered a wide variety of entrees. The steaks and coconut shrimp were especially delicious. A very good wine list, but should also try their famous Mai Tai.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great once rememberedSylvisPrestoneDined on 7/25/2014Had a reservation for 2 at 8pm. Got there & they said a table was being prepared, but we could wait in the lounge area. Waited about 5-10 minutes before a drink order was taken, but once we ordered they came right away. Drank & chatted for about 15 minutes until I went back & asked about our table & they had forgotten about us. We were seated at the first available table, and received two complimentary drinks for the error. The top sirloin was great, as was the twice-baked potato. The Mai Tai, Monkey's Uncle, and Blue Hawaiian were delicious. There was a musician playing in the lounge by the desk, but once we got to the dinner seating, he couldn't really be heard, which was preferred. Really nice tiki lounge vibe. Overall good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DessertsPeterDined on 7/21/2014We already stuffed ourselves, but one of us had to have dessert.... there's always one in the crowd that insists on dessert, right? So we all got something. The chocolate cake was incredible. It rivals if not beats Claim Jumpers' signature cake. I will go back now just for that. By the way, the shrimp cocktail was huge. Well worth the price. The cocktail sauce nicely spicy. The house salad seemed very wilted and not very cold, like the bowl it was made in wasn't chilled or the lettuce mix was just sitting around outside the cooler waiting to be used. My friends liked their salad selections. Finally, our server seemed disinterested. Maybe it was a busy Monday night. We always had to signal to get her attention.Special Features:
- Family FavoriteBaileyDined on 7/20/2014It's been a favorite of my family's for generations and seeing as how I'm not a local, I was never able to done here until recently. It was a VERY reasonable prices whereas I work at a steakhouse that are not as reasonable. I guess you do get what you pay for. I was not impressed with the food. The beets in the salad were quite overwhelming but I ate some of it. I ordered a filet medium rare and it came out very rare whereas my boyfriend ordered a filet medium rare as well and it came out much better. Mine wasn't edible to me so we just traded. All in all, the reason for the highish review is that our server was a fun lady. She didn't check on us again till we were done eating, but she did seem somewhat busy with larger parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FriendlyfoodloverDined on 7/18/2014Good food and a friendly staff. The bar area is noisy.Special Features:
- Damon's is still a classicsmackerelsDined on 7/12/2014We made reservations before a play and were able to make the performance. The food was plentiful and tasty. Portions are large. There is an old fashioned ambiance that we enjoyed. The only down side was the obnoxiously loud woman at the table behind us. Her side of the conversation (which monopolized most of her table's convo) was able to be heard by half the restaurant. Use your indoor voices people, the rest of the world really isn't interested in your blog. Nonetheless, we enjoyed our meal.Special Features:
- Still good!!!2dedicatedtastersDined on 7/7/2014I have been coming to your restaurant since the mid-eighties and my wife has since the mid-seventies. We have boxed the compass of occasions and "Damons" remains consistently good on all fronts. The cocktails are strong and generous, the food rich and delicious and all topped by outstanding service and all wrapped up in a tropical setting to rival "Gilligan's Island" . KEEP IT UP!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old school but no steak housecfreema7VIPDined on 7/5/2014I like this place for its kitchy-ness. the Hawaiian theme is cute and a old fashioned change of pace. But this is also what makes it a target for closure. The old school charm will fade from those looking for the new hip thing, so this becomes a refuge for middle class people looking for a gigantic value meal. The food itself is just sort of bland. And the fact that they actually do not have Kona beer really insults the spirit of the place. It's just sort of Trader Vics meets Dinah's. But the most evident issue is that this is simply not a steak house. They have steak, but so does Sizzler. they really need to step it up and start offering a few serious cuts, maybe as specials to get the ball rolling. The BBQ sauce is way to sugary.Special Features:
- Great food and service!!!LBEEDined on 7/5/2014Food was delish and service outstanding. Mary was awesome. You must ask for her! You also must get a Mai Tai! They make them perfect! The french bread and house salad started our meal off right. My dad and I ordered the tenderloins. EXCELLENT!!! You have to get the creamed corn and twice baked potatoes. It was his bday and they bought him a piece of cake and waitress sang. I believe it was free of charge. so nice! If there was one piece of constructive criticism I would have to say it was slightly warm where we were sitting (a booth in the back/side of restaurant) and would possibly say to turn up air conditioner. Regardless, we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite Glendale restaurantNellyDined on 7/3/2014This is a popular place so recommend reservations during dinner hour. Metered parking available adjacent to restaurant. Season ticket holder at Glendale Center Theatre and dining at Damon's prior makes the evening complete.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirdlegsDined on 7/3/2014We have season tickets and go to Damon's before going on to the theatre for a play. Always enjoy our meals there, good food, friendly staff (Helen was our server Thur.) a fellow golfer too. Fair price for the meals with good quality and quantity. Not too noisy so we can talk across the table and can hear our dinner guests.Special Features:
- Damon's Old Time FavLoveFoodDined on 6/21/2014Damon's has been around for a long time. You can still count on their famous salad and a delicious steak. It can be noisy, but the fish tank and the food outweigh the noise! Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unavailable WaitressNichDined on 6/21/2014The waitress never came to check on us. My daughter's drink glass had brown chucking finger prints on it and she had to wait a very long time to get a new drink in a clean glass. The waitress never asked if we needed anything when our food came. We always had to go find the waitress to get what we needed. It took the waitress a very long time to give us our check.
- The food was just bad.tehachapiDined on 6/18/2014Don't go here its aweful! The food had no flavor and was just bad. Everything was crammed on the plate on top of one another cafeteria style. Our Bill came to $82 dollars and I felt robbed when we left. I don't mind paying top dollar for a good meal but we would have been better to get a bite at a fast food place. Save you money and palate it's just aweful!!! 70 style diner quality food and service in an outdated decor. Robert Irvine would tear this place apart food and!
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014I had the Beef Tenderloin which was perfect. Salad was as I remember. The garlic toast could have been a bit warmer with a little more butter. The twice backed potato was not as expected. It was cold and tasted a bit day old.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tommyDined on 6/15/2014A fun spot, the service was slow the night we were there, but friendly. The food was okay, we would go back when feeling a night of something a little different and some comfort food.Special Features:
- Tiki Paradise in GlendaleTillakookDined on 6/15/2014Great atmosphere for those that love the mid-century Tiki vibe. The steaks are actually pretty good and more reasonably priced than a fancy steakhouse. But who cares after a few Mai Tais in this tropical paradise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.