317 N. Brand Blvd.
Glendale, CA 91203Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.damonsglendale.com/
- Phone: 8185071510
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm; Mai Tai Brunch:
Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: 60 ppl
- Private Party Contact: Kevin Berresford 8185071510
- Special Events: Private parties of 20 or more can reserve the "Tiki Room" for special events or meetings. Order off the menu or work with our special events manager Kevin Berresford to create your own.
A word from Damon's Steakhouse
An area landmark, Damon's has been serving up great food and fun to generations of family and friends since 1937. Loyal fans from across SoCal make Damon's their destination for steaks, burgers, seafood, and BBQ, all served up with a vintage Tiki vibe by a friendly and attentive staff. Whether you're hosting a special event or just looking for great food at a reasonable price, Damon's delivers. And don't forget to try a Mai Tai or Chi Chi -- Damon's signature tropical cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Damon's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Glendale ›
Damon's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (63)good for groups (42)special occasion (36)vibrant bar scene (28)kid-friendly (22)fit for foodies (18)great for lunch (17)romantic (12)hot spot (9)great for brunch (8)late-night find (7)scenic view (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Had better experiences at Damon's.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/22/2014We were greeted immediately, and brought to a booth like we requested. No one came to take our drink order while we were waiting for the remainder of our party. I had to go back up to the cashier's booth to ask for someone to come over to take our drink order. It was not busy. Our Mai Tia's were good, but not as good as when Moe is there. Bar service was slow. Our waitress was very friendly and professional, but she was taking care of different tables across the room from each other. No mistakes in our order, and the extra butter and dressing on the side were exactly as it was requested. It took a long time for the salads to be brought out and for the dinner to be delivered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday FunGeeMeDined on 10/19/2014Celebrated my husband's birthday at Damon's and we had a really wonderful time. Table was set and ready. Open table reservations are easy and dependable. The food and the service was great. Big parties can be tricky but Damon's managed it seamlessly. Parking can be a challenge but not too inconvenient. We will definitely come back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I had reservations for 1745 on a Saturday. I was seated promptly. Unfortunately once seated by hostess 7 minutes had passed and I was never approached by my server. I had to remind hostess I was a paying customer. Once my order was taken servic was mediocre at best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun dining in LANYCvisitVIPDined on 10/17/2014Although I had read diner reviews, I was a bit taken back by the Tiki Hut decor and buzz of the patrons---it actually was a fun place and out of the norm of other dining in the Glendale area. Our server, was friendly and very efficient and added to our enjoyable experience. We sampled a couple appetizers and the house salad, and then our party of three focused upon Filet Mignon, Beef Tenderloin, and Barbecued Brisket. All the dishes were well prepared and ample in portion and accompanied by a wide selection of side dishes.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs a return to the pastLoveFoodDined on 10/17/2014We've dined at Damon's for 30 years. The food used to be amazing. The last several times we've gone to Damon's we've been disappointed. The twice baked potato was cold, the steak looked like a lower class of meat and was not especially good. We hope that Damon's management will consider returning to the quality of the past.
- Sticky carpetsBandJVIPDined on 10/10/2014Great steaks cooked just the way you like em. Almost a Lawry's salad at a fraction of the price. And Georges Mai Tais are addictive. But the carpets should have been cleaned years ago, your shoes actually stick to them.Special Features:
- Great changes, best Rib Eye ever !FoodieDined on 10/9/2014We've been eating at this place before it moved to the new location on Brand. We stopped for a while as the food had gone down hill. We ordered the large special rib eye and my wife and I split it and had lots left over. It was one of the best steaks I have ever had including Ruth Chris. It's a great value at $40 for two. We WILL be back. BTW don't miss the cheese bread!Special Features:
- Superb through the years...JOSYDORDined on 10/8/2014I have eaten at Damon's as long as I can remember from about 9 years old - and I am now 70 years old - and each time from the very first until now has been a wonderful treat! The food is consistently outstanding. The service is always focused on the guest. We had a special occasion the other night and I asked for a particularly quiet spot for our group of 7... it was found and we had a delightful time. This is the only restaurant in my years of experience that I would confidently recommend to someone. When someone in our extended family mentions that they plan to go to Damon's, everyone in earshot usually says, "Can we go too?"Special Features:
- Steak + tiki = happy!CarrieOakieDined on 10/4/2014We've been here several times and we always have a great time. Their drinks are strong, the steaks perfection. (I prefer medium rare but here that's a little too raw in the middle for me, so I go with medium.) Their service is great even when they're packed, the the other guests can at times be a little loud; I attribute that to the drinks.Special Features:
- SteaksTinknockerDined on 10/4/2014Drinks were OK. The MaiTais were a little on the tart side. The lava flows were good. I've never seen a lave flow that was an on the rocks type, but it was good. All of our steaks were cooked perfectly. Food was very good and the service was good. I know that Damon's has been there for a long time, but I had never been.Special Features:
- Good food, great Mai TaisLisamc1061VIPDined on 9/30/2014Go for the Mai Tais, stay for the food. This place has been here forever, and for good reason. Polynesian decor. Fun, old school Tiki steakhouse. The house salad comes in a big bowl for the table, order their garlic bread to go with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak but . . .ScooterGuyDined on 9/26/2014Our table was ready when we arrived, and the server brought us our cocktails, and after that it was very slow. The appetizer was slow to arrive and when it did come we placed our dinner order. Then we waited and waited and waited. This is a neighborhood restaurant that has been here for many years we were there on a Friday evening and I would say it was a normal Friday night for this restaurant, nothing that would have caused such a delay. When our salads arrived, they were soggy and very unappealing. Their house dressing needs some improvement. However, when our dinner finally arrived our steaks were very good. My was seasoned just the way I like it and it was cooked exactly the way I like a steak. I not will return for dinner.Special Features:
- DrMeagansteinDined on 9/22/2014Fun atmosphere but mediocre food. Not worth the price. The menu is in serious need of updating.
- Family Favorite for yearsfun2feedDined on 9/20/2014My husband and his family have been eating at Damon's for over 20 years. Fun atmosphere and the drinks are great. This is an old time steakhouse where the recipes have not changed. We go for the salad and the tenderloin of beef which we loving refer to as the baseball cut. Steak is delicious and tender. So start a family tradition we did.Special Features:
- Richard The Chef - Fish SpecialhikerVIPDined on 9/20/2014Richard made a fantastic fish special using a New England fish called Wall Eye. It was incredible. Always ask if he has fish specials not on the menu and he will create a masterpiece. He is a wonderful Chef!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as always!GwensgirlVIPDined on 9/13/2014This Glendale Gem is as good as it was 30 years ago when I went! Such a fun atmosphere and good food!Special Features:
- Did Not Meet ExpectationsJaminNan74Dined on 9/12/2014I used to frequent Damon's Bar back in the day, but never had their food until now. I organized a Girls' Night Out on Friday night, and was disappointed. Mai Tais were not as good as they used to be. Overall, service (bartenders, person for table seating, and waitress) outstanding. I made a table reservation on-line, and requested to sit near the music, and that went extremely well. The problem was, atmosphere looked old, and in need of a facelift. Food was quite under par. House salad seemed old, chewy and was yucky. I ordered the 15 oz prime rib, end cut. Size was good but outside crust was not crispy, but seemed to be steamed, and meat had lots of grizzle. Twice baked potato seemed re-heated and lacked flavor. Damon's can do better.Special Features:
- Hawaii HeavenDakotaDined on 9/7/2014We are always seated almost immediately because we make a reservation on line a couple days in advance. And we are usually seated in the hub of the restaurant because we get there early. The service is always gracious and fun. We absolutely love that you get side dishes with your steaks and meat dishes. The portions are just perfect and still allow maybe for one of their fabulous multi-layered chocolate cakes. Absolutely love their margueritas and chi-chi's. The parking can be a bit of a hassle because of another popular restaurant next door and usually we find one in a matter of several minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014They serve what is undoubtedly the best steak filet in town!Special Features:
- great food downtowncityeatsDined on 9/5/2014Our top nice dinner out place. Damons is a fave among our group of friends for many years now . Steaks are always the best and the shrimp brochette is a long time favorite of mine. Mai tais are not quite as good as they use to be but still a regular order for us. Be ready to pay for parking if u want to be close. Otherwise you can park in sears lot and walk across.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remove that carpet!EatingRoxxDined on 9/1/2014Excited for a wonderful steak dinner, we arrived to a DAUNTING smell. Sour food?? Old carpet! If I did not have reservations, I would have turned right around and walked out. I spent the rest of my stay unable to breathe through my nose. It took a very long time, and the waitress did not seem very happy. Guests had to grab for a server as they went by. I ordered a "very well-done" steak, and even mentioned that it can be cut up to make it well done. As I sliced, blood pooled on the top. By time my steak returned, my husband was almost finished with his meal. His steak was perfect. The food is very tasty. If my steak had been cooked properly, OR I did not get what looked like a sneer when it was returned, I would give 6 stars for the food!
- Best service in townGaryDined on 8/30/2014Courteous, quick and efficient. Staff went out of their way to make our experience a pleasant one. Food was top quality. Not an intimate place, this restaurant is perfect for a fun time with friends and great steaks.Special Features:
- Better off going to SizzlerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014For the price, you are better off going to the Sizzler. We ordered the fried oysters as an appetizer, they were still sandy. We ordered the filet mignon with the twice baked potato, and the rib eye with the garlic spinach, both were horrible. Both were ordered medium, the filet came well done, and my rib eye was medium. I’m guessing that they call it a “twice baked” potato because it was previously baked earlier in the week because the top of it was inedible and it didn’t even taste like a potato. The spinach was also inedible. The Cajun blackened rib eye I ordered was medium but the rub they used on it was almost like a burnt paste. If I would of spent $40 on this meal it would have been too much, but I spent $100.00! WTF!?!?
- Damon'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014We've been coming to Damon's off and on for over 30 years and this will probably be our last visit for dinner. Was it horrible? No, it's just tired and it acts more like a large grade B steak chain than a neighborhood gem. The carpeting is getting threadbare and there're some tears that have been repaired with tape. Our meal felt very rushed (in fact at one point we both looked at each other and said, "Do you feel like we're being rushed?") – we ordered a shrimp cocktail and our salad came at the same time as the shrimp; we were about half way through our salad and the main course appeared. The wine was oxidized and had to be returned. The meat was flavorless and without character.
- historic but...kimberVIPDined on 8/25/2014I am sorry to say I did not love this place. Came for lunch so the restaurant was pretty empty and minus any food aromas in an empty restaurant it smelled kind of musty and like old carpet. And the carpet looked really old and worn which was unappetizing making me hope the kitchen looked cleaner. Old is ok if it feels well kept but this did not :-( Plus it is dark and dank in there. Ordered the shrimp lime salad and the shrimp had too much shell and was flavorless and tough. The dressing was more like a sauce and did not complement the salad at all :-( Server was friendly enough. I did not hear any fellow diners in my party of 5 saying they were enjoying their food either… Nothing made me want to return to this place.
- yummyleonardDined on 8/18/2014love Mai Tai Mondays and the prime rib. we celebrated our 41st anniversary here and it was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Outstanding - Service NOT!BillJDined on 8/16/2014Damon's has been our special occasion destination for over 40 years - the food has always been excellent and still is every bit as outstanding as ever!!! It's THE Place to get the absolute best beef tenderloin around! Service has diminished - Wait staff is slow and forgetful and neglects to check back periodically to see if you need anything. The noise level is very high - The hostess seated us in the center of the main dinning room and we became literally surrounded by large loud and noisy groups. A bad choice, in my opinion, by the Hostess for a party of 2 - and this was EARLY in the evening, a 4:45 PM Reservation, well before the mid-evening rush of patrons who have already spent an hour in the Bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirdlegsDined on 8/14/2014We like having dinner at Damon's before going to the Glendale Centre Theatre. Its very convenient since the theater is just across the way. They have a great early bird dinner menu, make good drinks, and also have a nice variety of other entrees at regular prices. The staff is always friendly and takes good care of the diners. They understand the need to have our dinner without rushing due to the show time.Special Features:
- A Family TraditionDougJDined on 8/9/2014Our family has been dining at Damon's for various occasions for over 40 years. We love their specialty drinks, Mai Tai and Chi Chi (watch out they don't make whippy drinks here). Still one of the best steaks around. Love the atmosphere and the friendly staff, many of whom we have known for years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken wingshikerVIPDined on 8/7/2014under cooked! Usually very taste and cooked properly. This time, under done!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Thank you Damon's for helping to make our son's 17th birthday special! He wanted Damon's steak and nothing else! As always we can expect the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodlover2Dined on 8/6/2014Like life, restaurants get old and slowly die out and disappear. That's what has happened with Damons. It was a great restaurant in the past but like everything else it is now run down and old, not only in appearance but in its food and service. The only thing that has remained high is the prices.
- Awesome find!DingoDined on 8/3/2014It's like the Tiki Room at Disneyland opened up a steak house. A surprisingly good one! Drinks and steaks were awesome, and our server was personable and attentive. Everything was much better than expected.Special Features:
- Gone down hill a bitBobwishDined on 8/1/2014Damon's has gone down hill a bit, as the prices have risen over the years.... Still like them, and the Mai Tais and BBQ are good, but the place could use a good cleaning.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DamonsRocksDined on 8/1/2014I have been dining at Damons since the early 70's when it was down on Central Avenue which happened to be around the corner from work. I live down is the South Bay area in Torrance now but I have had season tickets to the Dodgers since 1974 and Glendale is close enough to enjoy a pre-game dinner at Damons from time to time and my wife loves the food and the steaks. My only wish is that the bar stocked Finlandia vodka for a nice martini or Hendricks gin for a great gin & tonic, stock that in the bar and I am a happy camper. One of the few places in LA where the steaks are as good as they are is at Clearman's North Woods Inn in Rosemead.Special Features:
- BandJVIPDined on 7/29/2014The filet, medium rare with an extra char always comes out perfectly cooked, great Mai Tais, a house salad and twice baked potato makes a great but not a fancy meal.Special Features:
- Barbie3Barbie3Dined on 7/26/2014Best prime rib I've ever had. Tender, flavorful, love the creamed horseradish and the dinner salad was a nice size. My boyfriend ordered the ribs, but he thought they were too spicy and the cottage cheese side order tasted odd to him, however, instead of complaining, he just didn't eat it. I would go back to Damon's for the prime rib. They need to do something about the parking meters out back. We had to keep going out at dinner to add more coins to the meter, as you cannot add as many as you want.Special Features:
- Great classic tiki bar and steakbenackermanDined on 7/26/2014Damon's is a classic tiki bar and steakhouse tucked away in Glendale. You'll find the typical tiki drinks such as a Mai Tai and a Singapore Sling in the bar along with plenty of local patrons watching baseball amidst a decor of bamboo and tiki idols. The restaurant side of Damon's is a great place place for steak. Twice baked potatoes, garlic bread and a killer salad all add up to a really great, classic LA steakhouse experience.Special Features:
- A Unique Dining ExperienceStuartDined on 7/26/2014We always enjoy the food and ambiance of Damon's. It's one of those restaurants where one feels relaxed and comfortable. On this particular occasion the staff seemed a bit too light and it was obvious that our server was a bit overwhelmed; however, we were not in a hurry and enjoyed a satisfying evening. We ordered a wide variety of entrees. The steaks and coconut shrimp were especially delicious. A very good wine list, but should also try their famous Mai Tai.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great once rememberedSylvisPrestoneDined on 7/25/2014Had a reservation for 2 at 8pm. Got there & they said a table was being prepared, but we could wait in the lounge area. Waited about 5-10 minutes before a drink order was taken, but once we ordered they came right away. Drank & chatted for about 15 minutes until I went back & asked about our table & they had forgotten about us. We were seated at the first available table, and received two complimentary drinks for the error. The top sirloin was great, as was the twice-baked potato. The Mai Tai, Monkey's Uncle, and Blue Hawaiian were delicious. There was a musician playing in the lounge by the desk, but once we got to the dinner seating, he couldn't really be heard, which was preferred. Really nice tiki lounge vibe. Overall good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.