D'Amico's Italian Market Cafe - Rice Village
5510 Morningside Suite 140
Houston, TX 77005Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
D'Amico's Italian Market Cafe - Rice Village
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.damico-cafe.com/
- Phone: 713-526-3400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm;
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We have a full catering menu, please view it on our website.
- Entertainment: Piped in Italian background music
A word from D'Amico's Italian Market Cafe - Rice Village
We are a combination full service and to go restaurant specializing in authentic Northern and Southern Sicilian cuisine. We serve lunch and dinner and offer a full menu, plus daily specials! In addition, we have an Italian Deli and imported food market. All can be found in a casual and relaxed Italian dining setting in the heart of Rice Village.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
D'Amico's Italian Market Cafe - Rice Village - Best Restaurants in Rice Village ›
D'Amico's Italian Market Cafe - Rice Village reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)great for outdoor dining (16)great for lunch (15)good for groups (11)fit for foodies (11)kid-friendly (10)romantic (5)notable wine list (5)special occasion (4)hot spot (3)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- AlwaysVIPDined on 10/20/2014This is a very nice local restaurant, and a greatplace to get some deli items from the grocery.Special Features:
- Italian CafeProfessorDined on 10/18/2014D'Amico's is not up to the standards of Carrabba's on Kirby, Prego or Damiens but it has a nice outdoor seating area that we liked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening with colleagues....HappyDinerDined on 10/16/2014Went to dinner here with 4 work colleagues Thursday night....great service, great food, and really nice time.Special Features:
- Lovely outdoor settingcalmDined on 9/27/2014My mom is hard of hearing. This outside venue allowed for a group of 8 to converse with each other and my mom could hear us all. The service was excellent and everyone enjoyed their entrees. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- DininGemVIPDined on 9/14/2014Convenient neighborhood restaurant featuring Southern Italian food. The food is consistently good, although the portions are too large. Be careful with the appetizers: they are to be shared. Some of the main dishes, while delicious, are quite heavy. The service is friendly but erratic, especially on week-ends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh!!peddocDined on 9/11/2014This was my fourth visit. It keeps getting better. The crab claws are melt in your mouth as an appetizer. We also really enjoyed the mussels. The entrees are good size. Don't miss the mushroom walnut pasta. I will return every time I'm in town.Special Features:
- Always great Italian mealOut2dinnerDined on 8/1/2014We have enjoyed this neighborhood Italian Restaurant since it returned to Rice Village 18 years ago. Friendly, prompt service, terrific food, great wine selection. Complementary parking in the garage. Can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodEatingIsGreatDined on 7/17/2014I really love the homemade cheese ravioli. It's awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fine timeFriendsEatDined on 7/7/2014A great find. Met new and old friends on a Monday evening and enjoyed excellent service from Isaac. Very good food and good advice for wine. We ate inside as weather was iffy. We would have preferred outside as it is a little noisy inside and made conversation a more difficult. But as we were adding to the general noise we cannot complain too much. Highly recommend D'Amico's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent !MayHoustonDined on 7/3/2014This is my third time dinning at this amazing restaurant. The food is always so fresh and delicious, I love the Specials and the dessert menu is phenomenal !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nicebluenseDined on 7/1/2014The food was very good. The portions were ample without being ridiculous. We had an energetic 13 month old with us, and no one batted an eye.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicelweatsDined on 6/27/2014Attentive and knowledgeable server and the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 48 reviews are from the D'Amico's Italian Market Cafe - Rice Village reviews archive.
- Good Local ItalianCalebDined on 6/10/2014Great Local spot close to Rice. Parking is a little challenging.Special Features:
- Amazing!ClbbDined on 5/24/2014I had not dined at D'Amico's for quite some time. Some friends suggested it for dinner. The service was excellent and attentive, the ambiance was great. I felt like I was in Italy! It was not too loud to enjoy conversation with our friends. When our server took our order, we had specific requests and was very agreeable in terms of meeting our needs. We were not rushed to leave. Can't wait to go back and try something else on the menu.Special Features:
- EmMcDined on 5/21/2014The noodles in the pasta dishes are made from scratchThe food was excellent and even made a special dish for my vegan husband. However, the service was a little slow and there were very few diners for a Wednesday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service has gone southOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2014Been going there for 17 years.Its seems last year service has really dropped.
- Our ImpressionDagonVIPDined on 5/17/2014My wife's food was delivered cold and when she mentioned this the waiter took it back to microwave it. They seemed more responsive to the regulars than to other diners.
- A fantastic evening with friendsAlextheFrenchDined on 5/16/2014Great "homey" atmosphere, great food, great service. It feels good eating at D'amico's and contributes to a great evening with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Italian in the VillageSeekingGoodFoodVIPDined on 4/18/2014The Village has some good italian food. We've always liked D'Amicos but after recently eating at Coppa Osteria and Prego, we think D'Amicos needs to get better. Homemade pasta is still great though.
- Great Traditional Italian FoodPaulDined on 4/14/2014D'Amico's is one of my favorite Italian restaurants in Houston, where there is no shortag of good Italian restaurants. They provide friendly service with excellent traditional Italian food. Make sure your order a side of meatballs. You can't go wrong with this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun eveningCarolDined on 4/12/2014This was our second visit to D'Amicos within two weeks and it didn't disappoint. We had family visiting and they enjoyed the casual atmosphere. We tried several veal dishes and they were all wonderful. I wanted to try the gnocchi (light as can be) and they substituted that for the pasta with my veal dish. I think my favorite was my husbands veal filled house-made ravioli. Our waiter was very attentive. My only complaint is that even though we had reservations we were seated at the back of the restaurant by the service kitchen which was noisy. But a party of five is hard to seat in a small restaurant. We're looking forward to going back again to try the Asiago Chicken which looked awesome!Special Features:
- Good restaurant for LentdocdksDined on 3/7/2014Our waitress was outstanding. She helped our family group of six plus a toddler with grace and humor. She was attentive but not intrusive. Our out of town relatives who were on a Lenten diet had no trouble finding good food to order. The chef promptly replaced my vegetable, which had been over seasoned with salt and garlic, with a perfect dish.This kind of experience, the feel of a comfortable, neighborhood restaurant and the reliably good food is why we continue to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theatre2tallDined on 2/22/2014Took a group there before a play. 6 adults and 4 teens seated at separate tables. Waiter did a great job, even giving the teens special attention and making sure the meal came out quickly.. Had calamari & crab claws for appetizers - very tasty. I had the linguini with clam sauce. While the clams were very fresh, it was a bit standard / bland - nothing really made it stand out (possibly my fault for ordering such a basic dish - but you always hope for culinary magic). My wife's chicken marsala was much better and my daughter's lasagna was quite good. Only the service was great, but everything else was solid. I would go back. Very nice patio with people watching opportunities in good weather.Special Features:
- always good!LindaRVIPDined on 2/20/2014Once again the food was very good and with the relaxed atmosphere makes it a great neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- True ItalianLSConcoitVIPDined on 2/8/2014We recently moved to Houston and decided to stop at this place since it was on open table. What a find this place is a gem. True Italian food with amazing thin crust puzza! It reminds me of the of an original Italian restaurant I used to frequent in Milwaukee Wisconsin. I love it feels like home. The service was great too, even though they were very busy. The place was bustling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, service andSteveDined on 1/30/2014Wonderful food, service and location. This is a must dine restaurant during my travels to Houston.Special Features:
- Cute Place!2todineVIPDined on 1/23/2014Met two friends for a "catch up" lunch and birthday celebration.....we enjoyed and lingered! Everything on the menu sounded great and it was hard to choose. We all went with the daily lunch special $7.95...a choice of three items. Quite good and large servings. It is probably not a true taste test of the full menu. A great Caesar salad with capers, penne pasta w/artichoke and tomato and sorbet w/cappacino ...YUM! The service was excellent although we worried we were holding up a table. Only complaint is the parking...good luck finding a space or street parking at peak times. I was forced to use parking garage $10 flat rate..server gave validation for 2 hr free...we were there 2.5 and got hit for $5..really? Will go back..it was good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Italian RestaurantPaulDined on 1/17/2014We went with two other couples and had a great meal. The service was very good and the house Chianti is quite good. I have been there many times before and would not hesitate to go back. The caprese salad was very fresh and delicious. The Capellini pasta tossed with fresh garlic and olive oil, topped with lump crab meat was very good. This is one of my favorites restaurants in Rice Village.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only Get One First ImpressionDwightVIPDined on 1/10/2014Dropped into this cafe a few days back and knew I had to come back for a meal. What a charming family run local cafe with that local feel rather than that of a big production restaurant. Made a reservation for 2. Upon arrival had to wait 30 minutes to be seated. Either they overbooked , or they seated too many walk-ins to be able to accommodate reserved dining. Then it took a full hour to get our main courses. The food was good and the amicability of our waiter was second to none. It is a shame the delays cast a shadow on what might have been a good first impression. The last straw was after having our garage parking validated, we still had to pay because the validation was only good for 2 hours...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timednmikeDined on 11/30/2013It was my first time to dine at this restaurant, and I brought my boyfriend for a romantic dinner. The scenery outside was very pleasant, the food was great, and the staff was courteous and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reminds me of Nash D'AmicosOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2013Loved the busy atmosphere and reminds me of Nash D'Amicos on Westheimer from the 1980's! Love to return soon!Special Features:
- Awesome!MaddScientistTXDined on 11/22/2013Definitely recommend. The ambiance is amazing and so is the food. Overall... great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Northern and Southern ItalianOrdinaryDinerVIPDined on 11/17/2013Four of us meet before the theatre for dinner at D'Amico's Italian Market Café. I was pleasantly surprised by the menu choices for a neighborhood Italian eatery. we all started with Caesar salads and then progressed onto different entrees. My gnocchi with grilled chicken was delicious, so was the chicken piccata and other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice selection of pizza,enjoyamealVIPDined on 11/9/2013Very nice selection of pizza, pasta and entrees! I chose the wild mushroom and walnut tortellini - it was wonderful, no wonder its their most popular dish! My partner had the veal ravioli (an off the menu special) - delicious! Very good food, very reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute place and a family orientedFoodieVIPDined on 10/29/2013Cute place and a family oriented Italian restaurant in West U. Food was good, service was fair. I would and will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Boss's Day LunchStephanieCDined on 10/16/2013My work group took our boss there for Boss's Day lunch, it was great, the food was excellent, as well as ther service, I had a table reserved and it was ready when we got there. The wait staff was excellent, the food came out quickly and was fresh and quite tasty, this is a little gem of a restaurant, very quaint. We definitely we be returning.Special Features:
- Our favorite neighborhood spottexaslady88Dined on 10/7/2013As usual all was delicious and my husband was able to have his clams marinara. However, the booking thru OpenTable was snagged. They had our reservation but not the message requesting an outdoor table. The staff worked the problem and got us seated where we had wanted with only a few minutes delay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingMarksDined on 9/28/2013Overall experience was okay but the place was packed and since it's small, it's cramped. The food was fair. We were offered a free dish of calamari which was okay. A little rubbery but hey it was free. I had the veal and it was over cooked but because we received a free appetizer I chose not to complain.
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2013I had high hopes for this place after hearing a lot about it. Food was decent, service was good, and it's situated in a nice area in the heights. I'd go back here again, but maybe not with a big group. Not a lot of space available.Special Features:
- Rice Village ItalianLucaBrasiDined on 9/27/2013A quaint spot in Rice Village. Food was just as good as their Height's location with a busy atmosphere. The pizza oven in plain view is a nice touch. I really miss them in the Heights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.