Damian's Cucina Italiana
3011 Smith Street
Houston, TX 77006Neighborhood:
Midtown / Montrose
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Damian's Cucina Italiana
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.damians.com/
- Phone: 7135220439x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Napolean Palacios
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call the event planner for catering details.
- Entertainment: Damian's offers complimentary shuttle service after dinner to the Wortham Center, Hobby Center, and Jones Hall.
For shuttle reservations, please call 713.522.0439
- Special Events: Available for our upstairs private party functions.
A word from Damian's Cucina Italiana
For 31 years Damian's Cucina Italiana has been known worldwide as the top authentic Italian restaurant in Houston, Texas. Set in an old-world atmosphere which is elegant, yet warm and friendly, diners at Damian's are accustomed to extensive menu offerings, specially tailored dishes, and weekly specials created by Chef Napolean Palacios.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Damian's Cucina Italiana - Best Restaurants in Midtown / Montrose ›
Damian's Cucina Italiana reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (101)romantic (88)good for groups (49)fit for foodies (44)notable wine list (40)great for lunch (33)neighborhood gem (33)hot spot (15)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (8)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- superfoodieDined on 9/13/2014Service was excellent. All staff were very accomodating. Love the atmosphere and the shuttle to and from whatever we are attending.Special Features:
- ExcellentsteakloverDined on 9/13/2014The food, ambiance and service are all excellent. The shuttle service to the theater district is so convenient and much appreciated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisgustingNewFoodLoverDined on 9/11/2014I walked in with my girlfriend and it was clean and had a nice ambiance. We ordered wine and the portobello with crab appetizer. Both were great. Then we ordered off the chef special menu. I got a veal with mustard sauce. Nice but nothing special. She got a snapper and scallop dish that tasted like a watered down conundrum of flavors. They apologized and offered to replace. She got a shrimp pasta dish. It probably haa cup of salt in it. And only 4 shrimp for $33. She didn't eat it. The tiramisu was good. When the bill come, they tried to charge for her dish even though they saw she didn't eat it. After some arguing they took it off. They tried to explain the excessive salt to be garlic. We cook a lot so that was insulting.
- Old school Italian timeless.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/9/2014Old school Italian that is quality food, great service. It's not trendy just a consist lay great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HonorableTexas1HogDined on 9/6/2014We gave ourselves plenty of time driving in from the Champions area on Saturday night to easily make our confirmed Open Table reservations (45 minutes). However, we were unaware that TxDot had closed I-45 southbound leaving us 30 minutes LATE for our reservations. Damian honored our reservation by seating us at our reserved table ... excellent located table. My wife and I, celebrating her 'special' birthday, greatly appreciated Damian's gesture on their busy Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014Waiter got of the four order wrong. Offer to exchange but decline. Did not want to wait any longer.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/4/2014$119.00 for dinner for two which was one glass of wine, a little more pricey than expected. Food was very good, but not great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Great ServiceStuhou810Dined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed an awesome meal here on a Saturday night. We had a reservation and were seated right away. Although our reservation was late, we never felt hurried or rushed. Our server, gave us great recommendations which we followed. We split a salad and each enjoyed an entrée, then split a dessert. Again, we were never hurried or rushed, servers were there to refill water when needed, and our server checked on us just enough. Overall a great evening and a great meal. Damian's is definitely a special occasion place, or even for just a great evening out. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- great food1stimpressionDined on 8/30/2014Wife and I wanted to try something different. . DAMIAN'S is a nice old style Italian restaurant it's decor is pleasant and service is outstanding..the staff was very attentive. .complementary valet parking was a plus.. Now for the food EXCELLENT is the only word I need to describe it....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special night out!StephanieDined on 8/29/2014Our waiter was most charming & he prepared the best Caesar salad at our table that I have ever had! Appetizer was out of this world breaded asparagus with crab and a delightful sauce on top! Entree and dessert!!! Fabulous! Nice wine selection as well. Will return next time we are in Houston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to Usual StandardSMinorDined on 8/29/2014Damian's has been one of my favorite nice restaurants for the 30 years it has been open. My waiter this lunch has been there the whole time. His service was great. The "Mona Lisa" salad was well below the standard of the many salads I have had before. However, the "Italian Creme Cake" was a very poor factory product and was just plain terrible. My main course was about on the usual Damian's standard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for our anniversaryMrsWilliamTaylorDined on 8/28/2014The decor in the restaurant entails that the establishment has been around for many years. I would say it appealed to an older crowd.As far as the food goes....it was delicious. No complaints. Sizeable plates...nice flavors....and i highly recommend thier Salted Caramel Martini. That was one of the best drinks Ive ever had anywhere. The Mike Wells asparagus and shrimp Damien were tasty. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional food and serviceOKCfoodDined on 8/22/2014They really take care of the customer. Food is excellent. Never a wait.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2014Had lunch for 6 during a convention week and we had excellant and fast service. Great food selection off the menu and we all tried something different. Very tasty and good serving amounts.Special Features:
- Old Italian proud2winodinosDined on 8/20/2014This restaurant reminds us of a fine restaurant in Rome. We were surprised every table was filled and people were waiting to be seated on a Wednesday night! We were there with another couple for Houston Restaurant Weeks. Everyone enjoyed their meals. The only complaint was that the flounder was a little "mushy" but the presentation was spot on!Special Features:
- Business lunchDeepwaterDined on 8/19/2014Great venue for business lunch. The waitstaff are professional and know their menu well. Food was served quickly and was amazing. I had the grilled snapper served over a shrimp and artichoke risotto - it was incredible!I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've dined there since it opened!BeorisDined on 8/16/2014Everything was super except when I called to verify a seating change it did not get entered. But that is ok since we were granted the change on request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014Meeting friends for dinner - had not seen friends in a long time - quite table (good) close to the entrance (could have been unacceptable) worked out fine for us - waiter hovered and often interrupted conversation - restaurant was not full so could not understand this behavior - we left a generous tip for the waiter for our 2+hrs at his table - hope this hovering/interruption is not normal at this restaurant. We live out of town/this restaurant was recommended to us.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/15/2014The snapper was wonderful and the panna cota was perfect with all the fruit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic, great foodTori007Dined on 8/14/2014Went here for restaurant week with a friend. Classic, great food. The best service I've had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014wonderful dinner! ambience good- would return! Food was wonderful, service very good- would recommend this restaurant to many!Special Features:
- Great food!jfharris114Dined on 8/12/20145 of us went for the first time during Restaurant Week, and we all plan to go back! One friend said the filet mignon was the best he'd ever had.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceTriciaDined on 8/9/2014As always, Damian's did not disappoint. We happened to be there during food month, and two of us had the prix fixe meal. Great food and great value. The service was wonderful, as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Firing on All CylindersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014I've been dining here for more than 20 years, and there have been rare occasions in the past decade when Damian's seemed lackluster or off their game. Not so on this visit: Everything was top-notch and it's great to see them doing so well. The seafood dishes are my favorite--especially the Gamberoni Vincenzo. A great experience. I hope to dine here another 20 years or more.Special Features:
- Favorite Italian in HoustonMetzgerZooKeeperVIPDined on 8/9/2014I'm Italian and grew up with made from scratch pasta and homemade sauce. Damian's is as close as I have found to my Mother's Italian cooking. The lasagna is to die for and if you want simple, spaghetti and meatballs won't disappoint. We had early reservations (5:45pm) and were in and out in an hour's time. I just love this place and it is well worth the hour plus drive into downtown Houston for their food.Special Features:
- Great Italian!ColeSCDined on 8/7/2014Received this recommendation from a local Houstonian that told me it was a must while visiting. We had a great meal with perfect service-awesome veal piccata and Marsala. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- Fabulous Evening!!MimiVIPDined on 8/2/2014We had our sons family with us, two children 4 & 1. The staff was wonderful. We requested a corner table mainly for more privacy and received it, perfect spot. Food was fabulous as always, service was perfectly timed, server attentive. Perfect evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabfierce40Dined on 8/1/2014Nice Resturant. They accommodated me and my party. The waiter and staff was nice and understanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and fancy place!CalliegirlDined on 7/30/2014I have been here multiple times. I love it every time! Came here for a special occasion, a date night with my husband, and went with coworkers for a nice lunch out! Everyone loved it and the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a timeless classichoufoodieDined on 7/29/2014not always the first choice for the younger crowd, Damian's is a classic Houston institution with some of the best service and food ever. I always order the tableside Caesar, even though it is not on the menu. It is the best I have ever had (except my mother's).Special Features:
- Fried Chicken Specialphi1566VIPDined on 7/28/2014I am always looking for god fried chicken in this city. I saw Damian's had a Monday fried chicken lunch special during July, so off I went. Fantastic! Crisp, seasoned well, juicy, just awesome. Only problem, not sure when I will be able to get it again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticWambyDined on 7/26/2014Some of the best food in Houston, and the service is second to none. I never once felt like they were trying to rush us out, which I really appreciate as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServicecannguidryDined on 7/26/2014Went for an early dinner before a concert. The service was great, and management was extremely solicitous. The free shuttle to Jones Hall and then back to the restaurant makes this my go to place when I attend anything in the theater district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dining !!!hectorvelarealtorVIPDined on 7/24/2014Our experience with "Damian's" was nothing less than, "Spectacular"... The bar did not have any pomegranate martinis!!!! That was disappointing...!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JACKVIPDined on 7/23/2014My reservation was for two guests & me at 6 PM. i left my house in Champions for the expected 45 to 50 minuet drive. Due to wreck 45S with a fuel and the incompetence of the police in keeping the traific informended and moving , it took me three hour reach your place, where i arrived at 8 PM. my guests happy and well taken care of by your staff. Dinner and drinks were great. thanks.Special Features:
- OK restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/19/2014In general I liked the restaurant, but there is nothing special about it. Food ok, service ok (but not more), wine ok... I am glad I went to try the restaurant, but Houston is full of so many really good restaurants so I would not prioritize this one .
- Beyond ExpectationsthetalloneDined on 7/19/2014For years we have had friends tell us Damian's was a 'special place' so we drove an hour and half to celebrate our anniversary at Damian's and I'll say the experience and the food exceeded our expectations! Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grear mealsnowDined on 7/18/2014We went to Damian's for a meal with out of town friends on a friday night. The service and food were great. They did not hurry us while we visited. The waiter helped my wife with ordering a special meal. Will surely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbLiamVIPDined on 7/16/2014Great dining experience. The specials here always seem to be "special" ...as opposed to just something to offer. Great restaurant.Special Features:
- Quiet DinnerRedsoxmdDined on 7/12/2014My wife, daughter, son in law, and I had a wonderful quiet dinner here after taking in an Astros game. The restaurant was quite a contrast to the rowdy stadium, and a wonderful way to end the day. Our waiter was Juan, and he was the consummate professional. Juan was on point with all of his explanations and recommendations. The food was wonderful, and it was a top notch dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.