Damian's Cucina Italiana
3011 Smith Street
Houston, TX 77006Neighborhood:
Midtown / Montrose
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Damian's Cucina Italiana
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.damians.com/
- Phone: (713) 522-0439
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Napolean Palacios
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call the event planner for catering details.
- Entertainment: Damian's offers complimentary shuttle service after dinner to the Wortham Center, Hobby Center, and Jones Hall.
For shuttle reservations, please call 713.522.0439
- Special Events: Available for our upstairs private party functions.
A word from Damian's Cucina Italiana
For 31 years Damian's Cucina Italiana has been known worldwide as the top authentic Italian restaurant in Houston, Texas. Set in an old-world atmosphere which is elegant, yet warm and friendly, diners at Damian's are accustomed to extensive menu offerings, specially tailored dishes, and weekly specials created by Chef Napolean Palacios.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Damian's Cucina Italiana - Best Restaurants in Midtown / Montrose ›
Damian's Cucina Italiana reviews from OpenTable diners
165 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (111)romantic (85)fit for foodies (63)good for groups (57)notable wine list (40)neighborhood gem (40)great for lunch (28)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (6)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Not impressed at all.ZapatajuanjVIPDined on 11/19/2014We were one of the last people to walk in with a reservation. Service was slow to service and waiters recommendations weren't that great then what I expected on entree and dessert. More than likely I will not return again. Not what I expected from an Italian restaurant.
- Worst service ever receivedTrueFoodieVIPDined on 11/11/2014This used to be our favorite but we moved away for 15 years and were anxious to visit again after returning to town. Food was average but the service was the worst we have ever had at any restaurant we have ever visited. Our older waiter was rarely around and when he was he was rushing us. Push and before we could answer he would just walk away. He repeated this behavior all night. Never again.
- great dinnerhenry79sbDined on 11/10/2014We had a great dinner since it was a last minute decision we made a reservation without a problem. Food was very delicious. Great service experience. Our waiter was attentive and checked up on us as he saw necessary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent = Always...RichardDined on 11/8/2014Always excellent food and service. Absolutely wonderful. The bread pudding is to die for...Special Features:
- Great meal -- great serviceJennatiliaDined on 11/7/2014We Started with the lobster bisque and it was amazing! We ordered a bottle of Ratori sparkling brute, which was very reasonably priced. For meals we ordered the spaghetti and meatballs and the spaghetti broccoli - we were both extremely happy with our choices. The best part of the experience had to be the amazing service: very polite, quick and very inviting. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great--but hold the butterOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/7/2014As always Damian's has a cozy feel with a beautiful room that transmits a vibrancy without just being loud. Staff is attentive and the food is great--though this time every dish, from grilled fish to vegetables--was soaked in butter. It also is prices quite reasonably compared to restaurants attempting to do fine Italian in Houston, most of which miss the mark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Operamrm1915Dined on 11/1/2014It was wonderful that Damian's will keep your "take-home" until after the theater. The shuttle to the theater district is a great perk. The food and service, as always, was perfect.Special Features:
- pumpkinheadDined on 10/31/2014Damian's is always good, and consistent in service and food quality. It is a great place for lunch, and I look forward to trying it for dinner in the future.Special Features:
- Very goodMauroAFDined on 10/25/2014Very good food, good menu . good option for those who love Italian food. Recommendable for families and special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After theater mealPiggyDined on 10/25/2014We had made reservations as this restaurant as it was recommended by the theater where we saw a play. Glad we went there. Food was good and service was great. We look forward to returning in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I thought it would be....LibertineMCDined on 10/23/2014Okay, so we were kind of in a hurry... so not all their fault. We were the first to be seated in the afternoon, so it was quiet. Waiter was pleasant, a little too energetic maybe. Soup was good, pasta was over cooked... married an Italian so I know what it should be like, the meat was good. They didn't have the wine we wanted from Italy, so they supplemented... showed me the bottle and was going to open it without telling me that they didn't have it and were exchanging the one we ordered with a different one. hmmmmm.. never check the price difference. They were attentive to needs, but for Italian (supposed to be authentic "like Italy") it didn't get me there.......Special Features:
- "Old Standby"TheBestCriticVIPDined on 10/22/2014Damian's is always very good; it's been predictable for many years as one of Houston's "go to" Italian Restaurants. Appetizers are nice with good selection, excellent preparation, but portions are small. Great variety of traditional main dishes, so with a new flare, but nothing "out there". Wine list is very nice with offerings in all price ranges including some top end Vino Nobile di Montepulciano and a Sassicaia. Service is a bit slow, but again, that’s predictable.Special Features:
- Nice dinner with family.SuzanneDined on 10/21/2014My son was in town on business and we took him to Damian's. We had a very nice dinner, food was very good and service was excellent.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsDowntownFredVIPDined on 10/20/2014Damian's is a regular on my business lunch rotation; great food (don't miss the Lobster Bisque in a bread bowl), great service and very convenient location right off of Smith.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!RobertVIPDined on 10/17/2014We took our sons here for their birthday. We were seated a bit before our reservation time. This restaurant will make any dish you ask for. Two of us asked for pastas and sauces off the menu and our meals were outstanding! Great service, great food. We'll be back for our usual 3-4 visits a year. Thanks Damian's!Special Features:
- Recent VisitMarkSDined on 10/17/2014Friday Dinner with a few friends 10/17/14 (National Pasta Day). It's been a long while and wanted to see if Damian's was maintaining their high traditions. I Found that the experience very consistent with past visits. Great atmosphere and service. I had the Misto salad which has always been great and it fully met my expectations and the Spaghetti and Meatballs which was spot on. Others in my party noted that the tortellini was a tad under-done but flavorful. Another had Eggplant Parmesan with Fettuccini Pomodoro sauce. She said the Eggplant was delicious as was the Pomodoro but again the pasta was not cooked quite enough. Overall, a very pleasant dining experience but not perfect.Special Features:
- oklucieDined on 10/16/2014We usually go on Saturday night and have a spicific waiter who is wonderful. This was a Thursday and our waiter was off. Service was slower that we are used too. Food was still great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Damian's has always been a consistently good restaurant in quality of food and service. Great place for pre-theater dining. Never had a bad meal there & having shuttle to theater is super.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!Cle15Dined on 10/11/2014Try the carbonara and the veal marsala...Both are excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Italian Rest. for over 30 yrsSupperShow1Dined on 10/11/2014Awesome food and service! Staff is very experienced and chef specials are always good! Don't miss bread pudding dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014our order was great, good specials of sea food and pastas. great service from waiters and a nice atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gemLovemyfood82Dined on 10/6/2014Outstanding all around. Food, service, ambiance..... What a great find. Shrimp Damian is a friend for anyone that enjoys scampi garlic style!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Houston ClassicOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014One of our favorite restaurants in Houston. Several of the wait staff have been around for over 20 years and the service is always attentive without being intrusive. Great wine list and menu make it a great place for any occasion.Special Features:
- This is a nice adult restaurantGluttonousopholousVIPDined on 10/3/2014I love this place, but I am from New Jersey. Ambiance is somewhat formal but feels comfortable at the same time. Food is always solid and service great.
- Great food, great serviceLuv2dineDined on 10/1/2014This was my third visit to Damian's and it has been wonderful every time! Would definitely recommend! Great food, great service, great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodCle15Dined on 9/29/2014I asked for Veal Marsala and it was great! My husband for spaguetti alla carbonara and he liked it a lot! We will go back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as usual!ChrisDined on 9/25/2014Fine meal. Great place to dine before a concert, the theater or just a quiet evening out. Friendly and attentive staff, fine food. I'll be back soon.Special Features:
- Great date nightLawfoodsDined on 9/19/2014WONDERFUL service and such good food. The gnnochi was awesome and we enjoyed everything about this cozy old world Italian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again, GREAT!!!ElyseVIPDined on 9/19/2014We took some friends for dinner and everyone loved it. The shrimp Damian was my favorite. The specials sounded wonderful. Being a pescatarian, and I also am very careful on my carbs and it was nice that the menu offered several items to pick from.Special Features:
- Perfect dining experience2dinersDined on 9/17/2014We had dinner at Damian's and took their shuttle to the Hobby. The dinner was delicious as always and the service impeccable. It is without a doubt our favorite place to dine. The servers have been there forever and they make the dining experience memorable. We have had most of the items on the menu and there is no way we could choose a favorite. We HIGHLY recommend this wonderful restaurant for a fabulous dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superfoodieDined on 9/13/2014Service was excellent. All staff were very accomodating. Love the atmosphere and the shuttle to and from whatever we are attending.Special Features:
- ExcellentsteakloverDined on 9/13/2014The food, ambiance and service are all excellent. The shuttle service to the theater district is so convenient and much appreciated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisgustingNewFoodLoverDined on 9/11/2014I walked in with my girlfriend and it was clean and had a nice ambiance. We ordered wine and the portobello with crab appetizer. Both were great. Then we ordered off the chef special menu. I got a veal with mustard sauce. Nice but nothing special. She got a snapper and scallop dish that tasted like a watered down conundrum of flavors. They apologized and offered to replace. She got a shrimp pasta dish. It probably haa cup of salt in it. And only 4 shrimp for $33. She didn't eat it. The tiramisu was good. When the bill come, they tried to charge for her dish even though they saw she didn't eat it. After some arguing they took it off. They tried to explain the excessive salt to be garlic. We cook a lot so that was insulting.
- Old school Italian timeless.KstaudtVIPDined on 9/9/2014Old school Italian that is quality food, great service. It's not trendy just a consist lay great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HonorableTexas1HogDined on 9/6/2014We gave ourselves plenty of time driving in from the Champions area on Saturday night to easily make our confirmed Open Table reservations (45 minutes). However, we were unaware that TxDot had closed I-45 southbound leaving us 30 minutes LATE for our reservations. Damian honored our reservation by seating us at our reserved table ... excellent located table. My wife and I, celebrating her 'special' birthday, greatly appreciated Damian's gesture on their busy Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014Waiter got of the four order wrong. Offer to exchange but decline. Did not want to wait any longer.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/4/2014$119.00 for dinner for two which was one glass of wine, a little more pricey than expected. Food was very good, but not great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Great ServiceStuhou810Dined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed an awesome meal here on a Saturday night. We had a reservation and were seated right away. Although our reservation was late, we never felt hurried or rushed. Our server, gave us great recommendations which we followed. We split a salad and each enjoyed an entrée, then split a dessert. Again, we were never hurried or rushed, servers were there to refill water when needed, and our server checked on us just enough. Overall a great evening and a great meal. Damian's is definitely a special occasion place, or even for just a great evening out. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- great food1stimpressionDined on 8/30/2014Wife and I wanted to try something different. . DAMIAN'S is a nice old style Italian restaurant it's decor is pleasant and service is outstanding..the staff was very attentive. .complementary valet parking was a plus.. Now for the food EXCELLENT is the only word I need to describe it....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special night out!StephanieDined on 8/29/2014Our waiter was most charming & he prepared the best Caesar salad at our table that I have ever had! Appetizer was out of this world breaded asparagus with crab and a delightful sauce on top! Entree and dessert!!! Fabulous! Nice wine selection as well. Will return next time we are in Houston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.