Damian's Cucina Italiana
3011 Smith Street
Houston, TX 77006Neighborhood:
Midtown / Montrose
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Damian's Cucina Italiana
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.damians.com/
- Phone: 7135220439x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Napolean Palacios
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call the event planner for catering details.
- Entertainment: Damian's offers complimentary shuttle service after dinner to the Wortham Center, Hobby Center, and Jones Hall.
For shuttle reservations, please call 713.522.0439
- Special Events: Available for our upstairs private party functions.
A word from Damian's Cucina Italiana
For 31 years Damian's Cucina Italiana has been known worldwide as the top authentic Italian restaurant in Houston, Texas. Set in an old-world atmosphere which is elegant, yet warm and friendly, diners at Damian's are accustomed to extensive menu offerings, specially tailored dishes, and weekly specials created by Chef Napolean Palacios.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Damian's Cucina Italiana - Best Restaurants in Midtown / Montrose ›
Damian's Cucina Italiana reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (97)romantic (78)fit for foodies (57)good for groups (47)notable wine list (38)neighborhood gem (35)great for lunch (27)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (6)great for brunch (5)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Never DisappointsDowntownFredVIPDined on 10/20/2014Damian's is a regular on my business lunch rotation; great food (don't miss the Lobster Bisque in a bread bowl), great service and very convenient location right off of Smith.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/17/2014We took our sons here for their birthday. We were seated a bit before our reservation time. This restaurant will make any dish you ask for. Two of us asked for pastas and sauces off the menu and our meals were outstanding! Great service, great food. We'll be back for our usual 3-4 visits a year. Thanks Damian's!Special Features:
- Recent VisitMarkSDined on 10/17/2014Friday Dinner with a few friends 10/17/14 (National Pasta Day). It's been a long while and wanted to see if Damian's was maintaining their high traditions. I Found that the experience very consistent with past visits. Great atmosphere and service. I had the Misto salad which has always been great and it fully met my expectations and the Spaghetti and Meatballs which was spot on. Others in my party noted that the tortellini was a tad under-done but flavorful. Another had Eggplant Parmesan with Fettuccini Pomodoro sauce. She said the Eggplant was delicious as was the Pomodoro but again the pasta was not cooked quite enough. Overall, a very pleasant dining experience but not perfect.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Damian's has always been a consistently good restaurant in quality of food and service. Great place for pre-theater dining. Never had a bad meal there & having shuttle to theater is super.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!Cle15Dined on 10/11/2014Try the carbonara and the veal marsala...Both are excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Italian Rest. for over 30 yrsSupperShow1Dined on 10/11/2014Awesome food and service! Staff is very experienced and chef specials are always good! Don't miss bread pudding dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014our order was great, good specials of sea food and pastas. great service from waiters and a nice atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gemLovemyfood82Dined on 10/6/2014Outstanding all around. Food, service, ambiance..... What a great find. Shrimp Damian is a friend for anyone that enjoys scampi garlic style!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Houston ClassicOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014One of our favorite restaurants in Houston. Several of the wait staff have been around for over 20 years and the service is always attentive without being intrusive. Great wine list and menu make it a great place for any occasion.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceLuv2dineDined on 10/1/2014This was my third visit to Damian's and it has been wonderful every time! Would definitely recommend! Great food, great service, great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodCle15Dined on 9/29/2014I asked for Veal Marsala and it was great! My husband for spaguetti alla carbonara and he liked it a lot! We will go back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as usual!ChrisDined on 9/25/2014Fine meal. Great place to dine before a concert, the theater or just a quiet evening out. Friendly and attentive staff, fine food. I'll be back soon.Special Features:
- Great date nightLawfoodsDined on 9/19/2014WONDERFUL service and such good food. The gnnochi was awesome and we enjoyed everything about this cozy old world Italian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again, GREAT!!!ElyseVIPDined on 9/19/2014We took some friends for dinner and everyone loved it. The shrimp Damian was my favorite. The specials sounded wonderful. Being a pescatarian, and I also am very careful on my carbs and it was nice that the menu offered several items to pick from.Special Features:
- Perfect dining experience2dinersDined on 9/17/2014We had dinner at Damian's and took their shuttle to the Hobby. The dinner was delicious as always and the service impeccable. It is without a doubt our favorite place to dine. The servers have been there forever and they make the dining experience memorable. We have had most of the items on the menu and there is no way we could choose a favorite. We HIGHLY recommend this wonderful restaurant for a fabulous dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superfoodieDined on 9/13/2014Service was excellent. All staff were very accomodating. Love the atmosphere and the shuttle to and from whatever we are attending.Special Features:
- ExcellentsteakloverDined on 9/13/2014The food, ambiance and service are all excellent. The shuttle service to the theater district is so convenient and much appreciated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisgustingNewFoodLoverDined on 9/11/2014I walked in with my girlfriend and it was clean and had a nice ambiance. We ordered wine and the portobello with crab appetizer. Both were great. Then we ordered off the chef special menu. I got a veal with mustard sauce. Nice but nothing special. She got a snapper and scallop dish that tasted like a watered down conundrum of flavors. They apologized and offered to replace. She got a shrimp pasta dish. It probably haa cup of salt in it. And only 4 shrimp for $33. She didn't eat it. The tiramisu was good. When the bill come, they tried to charge for her dish even though they saw she didn't eat it. After some arguing they took it off. They tried to explain the excessive salt to be garlic. We cook a lot so that was insulting.
- Old school Italian timeless.KstaudtVIPDined on 9/9/2014Old school Italian that is quality food, great service. It's not trendy just a consist lay great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HonorableTexas1HogDined on 9/6/2014We gave ourselves plenty of time driving in from the Champions area on Saturday night to easily make our confirmed Open Table reservations (45 minutes). However, we were unaware that TxDot had closed I-45 southbound leaving us 30 minutes LATE for our reservations. Damian honored our reservation by seating us at our reserved table ... excellent located table. My wife and I, celebrating her 'special' birthday, greatly appreciated Damian's gesture on their busy Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014Waiter got of the four order wrong. Offer to exchange but decline. Did not want to wait any longer.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/4/2014$119.00 for dinner for two which was one glass of wine, a little more pricey than expected. Food was very good, but not great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Great ServiceStuhou810Dined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed an awesome meal here on a Saturday night. We had a reservation and were seated right away. Although our reservation was late, we never felt hurried or rushed. Our server, gave us great recommendations which we followed. We split a salad and each enjoyed an entrée, then split a dessert. Again, we were never hurried or rushed, servers were there to refill water when needed, and our server checked on us just enough. Overall a great evening and a great meal. Damian's is definitely a special occasion place, or even for just a great evening out. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- great food1stimpressionDined on 8/30/2014Wife and I wanted to try something different. . DAMIAN'S is a nice old style Italian restaurant it's decor is pleasant and service is outstanding..the staff was very attentive. .complementary valet parking was a plus.. Now for the food EXCELLENT is the only word I need to describe it....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special night out!StephanieDined on 8/29/2014Our waiter was most charming & he prepared the best Caesar salad at our table that I have ever had! Appetizer was out of this world breaded asparagus with crab and a delightful sauce on top! Entree and dessert!!! Fabulous! Nice wine selection as well. Will return next time we are in Houston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to Usual StandardSMinorDined on 8/29/2014Damian's has been one of my favorite nice restaurants for the 30 years it has been open. My waiter this lunch has been there the whole time. His service was great. The "Mona Lisa" salad was well below the standard of the many salads I have had before. However, the "Italian Creme Cake" was a very poor factory product and was just plain terrible. My main course was about on the usual Damian's standard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for our anniversaryMrsWilliamTaylorVIPDined on 8/28/2014The decor in the restaurant entails that the establishment has been around for many years. I would say it appealed to an older crowd.As far as the food goes....it was delicious. No complaints. Sizeable plates...nice flavors....and i highly recommend thier Salted Caramel Martini. That was one of the best drinks Ive ever had anywhere. The Mike Wells asparagus and shrimp Damien were tasty. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always WonderfulHoustonAg04VIPDined on 8/23/2014From business lunches to romantic dinners, this Houston restaurant is always a favorite. I've taken New York City residents to Damian's who were quite impressed to find NYC level Italian in the South. Shrimp Damian is always awesome, though I've had many fresh fish and steak dishes that were also nicely done. Be sure to finish up with either the lemon tart or my favorite, the chocolate pecan tart.Special Features:
- Exceptional food and serviceOKCfoodDined on 8/22/2014They really take care of the customer. Food is excellent. Never a wait.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2014Had lunch for 6 during a convention week and we had excellant and fast service. Great food selection off the menu and we all tried something different. Very tasty and good serving amounts.Special Features:
- Old Italian proud2winodinosDined on 8/20/2014This restaurant reminds us of a fine restaurant in Rome. We were surprised every table was filled and people were waiting to be seated on a Wednesday night! We were there with another couple for Houston Restaurant Weeks. Everyone enjoyed their meals. The only complaint was that the flounder was a little "mushy" but the presentation was spot on!Special Features:
- Business lunchDeepwaterDined on 8/19/2014Great venue for business lunch. The waitstaff are professional and know their menu well. Food was served quickly and was amazing. I had the grilled snapper served over a shrimp and artichoke risotto - it was incredible!I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've dined there since it opened!BeorisDined on 8/16/2014Everything was super except when I called to verify a seating change it did not get entered. But that is ok since we were granted the change on request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014Meeting friends for dinner - had not seen friends in a long time - quite table (good) close to the entrance (could have been unacceptable) worked out fine for us - waiter hovered and often interrupted conversation - restaurant was not full so could not understand this behavior - we left a generous tip for the waiter for our 2+hrs at his table - hope this hovering/interruption is not normal at this restaurant. We live out of town/this restaurant was recommended to us.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/15/2014The snapper was wonderful and the panna cota was perfect with all the fruit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic, great foodTori007Dined on 8/14/2014Went here for restaurant week with a friend. Classic, great food. The best service I've had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/13/2014wonderful dinner! ambience good- would return! Food was wonderful, service very good- would recommend this restaurant to many!Special Features:
- Great food!jfharris114Dined on 8/12/20145 of us went for the first time during Restaurant Week, and we all plan to go back! One friend said the filet mignon was the best he'd ever had.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceTriciaDined on 8/9/2014As always, Damian's did not disappoint. We happened to be there during food month, and two of us had the prix fixe meal. Great food and great value. The service was wonderful, as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Firing on All CylindersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014I've been dining here for more than 20 years, and there have been rare occasions in the past decade when Damian's seemed lackluster or off their game. Not so on this visit: Everything was top-notch and it's great to see them doing so well. The seafood dishes are my favorite--especially the Gamberoni Vincenzo. A great experience. I hope to dine here another 20 years or more.Special Features: