D'Amato's Restaurant & Goodnite Gracie Martini Bar
222 S. Sherman
Royal Oak, MI 48067Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
D'Amato's Restaurant & Goodnite Gracie Martini Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.damatos.com/
- Phone: (248) 584-7400
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 9:00 am-3:00 pm
Tuesday & Thursday: 5:00 pm-10:00 pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00 pm-11:00 pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00 pm -12:00 am
Friday - Saturday: 4:00 pm -2:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Sicilian
- Executive Chef: Paul Jackman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: From Coordinating to catering we do it all, onsite as well as offsite.
- Private Party Facilities: Let us make your party historic at D'Amato's & Goodnite Gracie.
Impress you guests in downtown Royal Oak's Washington Square Building,
built in 1927 in the romantic art deco style.
From an intimate group of 20 to a gathering of 300, we'll make it a time to remember!
- Private Party Contact: Brianna Bellah 2482597365x
- Entertainment: D'Amato's and Goodnite Gracie offer a fantastic weekly lineup of live entertainment.
Tuesdays: John Arnold Trio Band at Goodnite Gracie 8-11 pm (Jazz).
Wednesdays: . Open Mic hosted by Bobby and James of the Reefermen at Goodnite Gracie 8-11 pm (various acts).
Thursday nights: Live acoustic music from "My Friendz Band" at Goodnite Gracie from 8-11 pm (various artist).
Friday: Live acoustic music at Goodnite Gracie from 10 pm-1 am (various artist) as well as DJ John Arnold at D'Amato's from 10:30 pm-2 am (Funk, Old School 80's and 90's Hip Hop, House and Dance).
Saturdays: DJ Mike Anthony at D'Amato's from 10:30 pm-2 am (Lounge, House and Dance music) as well as a DJ Josh Adams at Goodnite Gracie from 9:30 pm-2 am (Funk, Old School 80's and 90's Hip Hop, House and Dance).
Sunday: Old time jazz music by the "Jalopy Bothers" featuring Gino Fanelli and and friends from 12 pm -3 pm (Jazz).
- Special Events: D'Amato's is located directly behind the Royal Oak Music Theatre. Dine with us before you catch a show, or stop over at Gracie's for a nightcap when the concert lets out!
- Cross Street: 4th Street
- Public Transit: Both the Bus station and the Amtrak train stops are within 1 short block of the restaurant.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Metered public parking is located directly in front of the restaurant. In addition, there are 3 covered parking structures located within a block.
A word from D'Amato's Restaurant & Goodnite Gracie Martini Bar
D'Amato's Italian Restaurant is an upscale dining destination in Downtown Royal Oak. Our kitchen serves authentic & rustic Italian cuisine, complemented by our distinguished wine list and house-crafted martinis. Ask anyone in the neighborhood: D'Amato's (and its sister establishment next door, Goodnite Gracie), is a must-visit for anyone looking to enjoy marvelous food and drink, live entertainment and dancing in Royal Oak's vibrant entertainment district.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
D'Amato's Restaurant & Goodnite Gracie Martini Bar - Best Restaurants in Royal Oak ›
D'Amato's Restaurant & Goodnite Gracie Martini Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (19)special occasion (16)neighborhood gem (16)romantic (15)fit for foodies (13)hot spot (10)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (7)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (6)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Never DisappointedmediagirlDined on 11/18/2014The ambiance and quality of service is always excellent. The restaurnt offers several daily specials especially on Friday nights. This will continue to be a staple place to dine in my bookSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Royal Oak..mickeyTDined on 11/13/2014Looking for a nice place for dinner...this was more of a bar scene. Food was bland. Service was good. Prices were OK. Crowd of about 20 stood about 25 ft from table. Not what we were looking for.Special Features:
- Excellent!Foodie916VIPDined on 11/8/2014By far my favorite restaurant in Royal Oak. The food was outstanding and the service couldn't have been better! I will definitely be going back ASAP. The owner even came over to see how our meal was, such a nice guy!Special Features:
- Highly recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014Great food at affordable price. I especially enjoyed the adjoining Goodnite Gracie's martini bar.
- Nice ExperiencefoodluvrDined on 10/28/2014Went for the Tuesday night surf and turf special that was recommended by a friend. However, I was disappointed in the price. Not only was I told the price was $50 by a previous diner, but it also states it on their menu. When we arrived, I noticed they significantly increased it to $75, which is not that great of a deal, considering the regular price for this meal is $39 per person, so $78 for two. So, basically, you're getting the wine and dessert for free. Still a good deal, but not good enough for me to return. I would definitely return if the special was still $50. However, food and service was very good. Prompt, friendly and accommodating wait staff and management.Special Features:
- best Italian restaurant in the areahippoDined on 10/25/2014Love this place! food is great; wonderful wine list at ridiculously inexpensive prices; staff is fabulous. I have never had bad service or bad food at D'Amato's. When our daughters come in to town from Denver, they ALWAYS ask to go to D'Amato's, and we oblige them. Keep up the good food and service - you are truly a Royal Oak gem!Special Features:
- love itbb123Dined on 10/24/2014Wanted to try something new for my moms bday. Was looking up places in Royal Oak when I can across D'amato's I love how you could make reservations online. Was skeptical because we had never been there but it was awesome. The ambiance was great it was very fancy but also kid friendly I took my 1 year old and he had dun too.. Food was great and the service was awesome. Fridays are ladies nights and we all got half off our meals. We had a great time and will be back for brunch soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair FareGrumpyBATDined on 10/22/2014Everything except the cocktails just missed the mark a bit. The food was OK but should have been excellent at the price. The service was much the same. Garlic overpowered every dish, which is a sign of a lazy attempt at Italian food. They can, and should, do better. The RO restaurant market is far too competitive to accept this.Special Features:
- Great Sweetest Day a ExperienceJCRushDined on 10/18/2014The food and service was simply first class. I had chicken Picatta and my boyfriend had filet! Pasta that came with it was also very tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GaryJDined on 9/30/2014I don't know how they do it but they have the sweetest lobster you will ever find !! The filets are awesome,and the side pasta is incredible!!Special Features:
- Love D'AmatosfinefoodieDined on 9/28/2014My husband and I dine here all of the time. On a few rare occasions, service has not been so great. However, most of our experiences at D'Amatos have merited a 5-Star rating. We just went for brunch on 09/27/14 and everything was perfect. Our server (Lynn) was awesome and the food was amazing as usual . I had the steak and eggs and my husband had sausage and gravy. We also had the unlimited mimosas and bellini's. Oh, and the cinnamon donuts were everything!!!!! I really love this place : )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great experienceRene072Dined on 9/26/2014I went to D'Amato's for the first time with my boyfriend for our anniversary and it was awesome. The atmosphere was very nice and the food as well as the service was great. We were even greeted by the owner who was friendly and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back!lizthearchitectVIPDined on 9/20/2014Everything was very good, but our server seemed to forget about us in the end! She never came back to see how things were and I wanted to order another drink! She just brought us the bill and wished us farewell. She was so great at the beginning, but left us thirsty and with dirty dishes still on our table. I know you guys are better than that so I'll give it another try!Special Features:
- Fun brunch with live jazzOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2014The music was fun, the food was good but not really original, but the mimosas weren't that good..still a fun place to go I you like musicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, underwhelming foodfundineVIPDined on 8/20/2014We went with a large group, and all tried different things. The good was good, but nothing to rave about. Pretty standard Italian fare, I didn't really see any innovative or interesting dishes. The service was very good, and we all had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014My family and I went to D'Amato's for brunch after church for the first time, and we were pleased with the menu options. There was something for everyone, including our children ages 11-14, to enjoy. I especially enjoyed the corned beef hash.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014This was our first time dining here and we cant think of a single thing we didn't like about it. Nice atmosphere, great service, better food! We'll be back.Special Features:
- FOOD NEEDS IMPROVINGGranny4Dined on 8/7/2014our waiter Marvin was wonderful, but the food was pretty bad. My house salad was very good. All of the sauces and soups had a funny aftertaste as if they had used bouillon cubes to make stock. If you are a good home cook or a foodie, the dishes will not be up to your standards. Even my 13 year old granddaughter did not like the pasta sauce.Special Features:
- good good goodpeggyDined on 8/2/2014We really enjoyed our dinner after the movie. Great atmosphere, great service. I will return.Special Features:
- The following 343 reviews are from the D'Amato's Restaurant & Goodnite Gracie Martini Bar reviews archive.
- Great first time visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014I don't go to Royal Oak often but if I do, I will definitely consider D'Amato's. The food was great, the decor and seating were good. My only issue is that the drink service was a little slow. We did order martini's so I can understand a slight delay. But a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mid week date nightLeftyDined on 7/29/2014A great break from the work week grind. My wife and I decided to go for a Tuesday sate night, finding a surf and turf special for 2, only $50! Lobster, filet, pasta, salad, and dessert? Oh, and a bottle of wine.....simply fabulous, and a great value, supported by great service. a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for Sunday brunchmb50Dined on 7/27/2014Met a good friend for Sunday brunch here. Live band and lots of people made for upbeat atmosphere. Good food, fast service, and bottomless mimosas made it an enjoyable brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great late Sunday MorningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2014Had a wonderful Sunday brunch for two at D'Amato's last Sunday. We both partook of the amply-stocked bloody mary bar. I had a really delicious smoked salmon eggs benedict. Was pleasantly surprised to find the band "Jalopy Brother" playing fun vintage-y tunes. The decor in this place is beautiful. We've had drinks in Goodnite Gracie next door, but never had brunch here. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Loved it!finefoodieDined on 6/15/2014Ate at D'amatos for Father's day bunch this past weekend and loved it!!!!!! The service was great and food was sooooo good. We saw that they have some good dinner specials so we are definitely going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch is great!DAmatosDined on 6/15/2014We were there when they first opened at 9:00 on Father's Day. Service was excellent, everyone very friendly. Large windows were open in front and tables were set up in front of them so it was semi al fresco. It was a perfect day for it. I love the ambiance in there, kind of eclectic French bistro. Dinner there isn't anything to rave about in my experience but brunch sure is!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/14/2014We had a fantastic time. The food was amazing and the service was great! Thanks a bunch!!Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerGoodeats87Dined on 5/30/2014D'matos was excellent. We celebrated my best friends birthday- the staff was very nice and attentive to our party of 7. Food is amazing, Friday nights ladies get half off dinners and $5 cosmos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eh.Emugal17Dined on 5/24/2014I went with 3 others and it is a cool Little place to eat but the food was not great. I literally had angel hair and meatballs thinking you can't mess that up. It was bland and the meatballs were like meatloaf taste/consistency. Just boring. Not interested in going back.Special Features:
- Has become our new favoriteRelaxVIPDined on 5/20/2014This restaurant has become our new favorite. Love bringing new people here to try the Tuesday night surf & Turf! Best deal around and the food is always cooked to perfection. Salads are always fresh and delicious and donuts for dessert are a must! Love the new open windows. Will be backI would recommend this to a friend.
- Waited for reservationRachael313rdDined on 5/10/2014Waited almost 20 minutes for our reservation despite the restaurant having called 30 minutes prior to confirm. Frustrating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should be betterDAmatosDined on 5/10/2014Perfect spot in Royal Oak. Wonderful ambiance and very good service. The Italian wedding soup and calamari were excellent. The pasta dishes were barely passable. A big disappointment. I would recommend only for drinks, appetizers and dessert. Some of our party complained to management about their meals. Both our server and the manager were very responsive and gave 50% off two of the meals and comped two donut desserts for us which were delicious.Special Features:
- Slightly DisappointedRachelBVIPDined on 5/1/2014We came for dinner before a show a few months ago and were disappointed. Bruschetta was amazing, one of the best I've ever had. Server was very awkward and we could see him watching us throughout the whole meal. They had a prime rib special that we were not fond of at all. Seems like it might be a good place for happy hour but that's about it.
- really enjoyed our dinnerbebackformoreDined on 4/15/2014My friend and i went for the surf and turf special. Food was cooked perfectly. Portions were right on and service was spectaculor! Definitely would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was great, weMeggaMomDined on 4/12/2014The service was great, we appreciated the hospitality from Tony and his crew!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First DateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014Recently had a reservation and I was completely blown away by this restaurant. Not only was the ambience perfect for a date with a romantic feeling but it's a great place to go and unwind after work. I had an excellent waiter named Marvin he was nothing short of perfection. When I go back I'm definitely sitting in his section. I recommend the brisket is cooked to perfection and simply fantastic. I will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat CustomerDarcyDined on 4/8/2014I have been dining at D'Amato's for many years. The menu has always been unique with many delectable options and the service is always top-notch. Add the mood & vibe of the place and it's a very enjoyable experience. Food is cooked to order, prompt, and served with a smile. We like to linger when schedules and crowd allow. The dinner for two currently available on Tuesdays is an amazing and delicious offer. It consists of fresh, tasty bread for dipping to get you started, then soup or salad, followed by tender steak, succulent lobster, and steamed veggies, and if that isn't enough to grab ya get this: the deal includes a BOTTLE of wine AND a dessert! Whatever your occasion, whatever your taste, this place does not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceswiviolDined on 4/4/2014I had only been here once before, for an event, so a friend and I decided to try it out for Royal Oak restaurant week. Fantastic food and service. I'll definitely be back to check out their happy hour specials, as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resturant WeekBabygurl97Dined on 4/3/2014This is the first time here and I really enjoyed the food, but they brought my husband lemonade and the glass was dirty. The tables were falling apart so I think they need to update that, but when the food arrived it was Amazing. I would go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placejoeyVIPDined on 3/28/2014The waitstaff is great and friendly the food was delicious...especially the donutsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night outBrandyDined on 3/28/2014We enjoyed a fun night out with friends at this comfortable restaurant. We sometimes forget about it being just slightly off the beaten path but it's actually more convenient to get to with ample parking across the street. Our server Josh was delightful and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.