5210 Avenue du Parc
Montreal, QC H2V4G7Neighborhood:
SyrianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restaurant-damas.com/
- Phone: 5144395435
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:30 PM - 10:00 PM
Friday: 5:30 PM - 11:00 PM
Saturday: 4:00 PM - 11: PM
Sunday: 4:00 PM - 10 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern, Syrian
- Executive Chef: Fuad Alneirabeie
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Cafe, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Catering menu available for small and large groups.
Service de traiteur disponible pour toute occasion.
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant may be reserved for special events
- Private Party Contact: Fuad Alneirabeie 5144395435
- Cross Street: Fairmount
- Public Transit: http://maps.google.ca/maps?um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=damas+restaurant&fb=1&gl=ca&hq=damas+restaurant&hnear=0x4cc91a541c64b70d:0x654e3138211fefef,Montreal,+QC&ei=AzUGTs_VD_Kt0AHLrpX7Cg&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&ved=0CAQQtgM&iwloc=cids:16638936419623292014
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Stationnement payant sur l'avenue du parc ou stationnement gratuit sur les rues résidentielles voisines.
Paid parking on Park Avenue or free parking may be found on neighboring residential streets.
A word from Damas
Damas, an upscale Syrian restaurant located on popular Park Avenue is worth trying out. You will be charmed by the Oriental decor and most impressed by their refined and rich cuisine. This modern but authentic gastronomy will make your mouth water with all their specialties starting from the fattouche, the appetizing mouth-melting lamb leg to the cherry kebab. The blend of aromas and the tasting of the delicious preparations will make the experience worthwhileContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Damas - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Damas reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (60)special occasion (42)neighborhood gem (38)good for groups (34)romantic (26)hot spot (16)notable wine list (11)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (9)great for outdoor dining (5)great for lunch (4)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Tout simplement divin!superrestoDined on 9/2/2014Excellent repas, comme toujours chez Damas. Nous étions deux et avons mangé un assortiment de mezzes : fattouch, moussaka d'aubergines, tatar burek et toshka, que nous avons complétés avec une excellente crème glacée aux pistaches! Les plats sont savoureux et bien présentés. Le serveur était souriant et empressé. C'était ma troisième visite à ce resto et j'y retournerai. Damas est sans doute l'un des meilleurs restaurants syriens à Montréal, sinon LE meilleur. Félicitations au chef!Special Features:
- Excellent Middle Eastern DiningmabostonDined on 9/1/2014An excellent choice for Middle Eastern dining in Montreal. Recommendations are a must, as the fact this restaurant is packed shortly after 6:30 is a testament its reputation. Meals are delicious, presentation is delightful, and service attentive. Overall, a great experience.Special Features:
- Oh wowHighlandCreekVIPDined on 8/31/2014Beautiful meal. We followed all our server Ivan's suggestions and savoured every bite. One of our favourite meals ever...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DidiDined on 8/30/2014Tres bon service et bonnes recommendatins de notre serveur.Mais l'addition monte tres vite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealSpringsDined on 8/30/2014Our meal was fabulous. I wish we had been more savvy in our ordering. I think we would have enjoyed more appetizers and fewer entrees.Special Features:
- 3sistersDined on 8/29/2014Endroit très convivial, personnel très attentionné à l'écoute de nos désirs. Ce sont des hôtes exceptionnels. La nourriture goûte la fraicheur et tous les petits détails qu'on y apportent pour la manger des yeux autant que de satisfaire notre sens gustatif.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best syrian food i have ever hadLuvHomsDined on 8/25/2014Strongly recommend DAMAS They have brought back the grandeur of SYRIAN food HAUTE cuisineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!AmeetRedDined on 8/25/2014I go here all the time - while many say the food isn't as good as it used to be a few years ago, it is still very good. The fattouch is the best salad in the city, but in recent months they put a bit too much dressing in it. More mint, less dressing and i'm in heaven :) Lamb chops, service is great. Menu has become smaller now but still solidSpecial Features:
- out of this world delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014we ate the chef's tasting menu which was not cheap but the variety, quantity and presentation were simply outstanding. Probably one of the finest meals we have had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findEmmadisonDined on 8/16/2014Food to die for, friendly and helpful service, one of my new favorites. Highly recommend the knafeh for deserts, the best I ever had.Special Features:
- toujours le meilleurcakeDined on 8/13/2014Tout est bon c'est pas complique: kibbe naye, fattouch, muttabal d'aubergine, jarret agneau !! Miam ! Et le service: impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!kneesVIPDined on 8/13/2014First timers and loved our experience. Food was so tasty. We could not sample enough dishes. Please add a mezzo platter for those of us who need an intro to your offerings.Special Features:
- Delicious and impeccable serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014If you're reading this then you're probably interested in trying this restaurant or Syrian cuisine in general. Therefore, I am sure you will fall in love with this place. 5 star service and food out of this world. You pay for what you getSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed at Damas!PhilsarDined on 8/1/2014Ity had been over 6 months since our last visit. Some chnages were made to the and (I believe) the wine liszt was expanded. Our waiter was more than pleasasnt. He recommended a wine (Porttugues) that I did not know and it proved to be excellent. As usual, the food and the sedrvice were very good. Will be back, before 6 months... Bravo!Special Features:
- An explosion of flavoursBabylynxDined on 7/29/2014Damas is such a great middle eastern restaurant. Everything on their menu is fresh, tasty and a beautiful alliance of different flavours. This restaurant is worth every penny, it never disappoints!Special Features:
- Real findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014Visiting Montreal and wanted Middle Eastern food, found Damas on Open Table. The staff was incredible, the food sublime, a favour explosion! This is the "real deal", highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Excellent foodBblaDined on 7/26/2014The food is amazing! Very fresh, very tasteful! Service is a bit quick on the first service but the experience is awsome and we are going to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- epicuriousDined on 7/19/2014I drove from Ottawa just to experience this restaurant. I was not dissapointed. Food was great, generous portions. So watch how many orders. Their menu is more creative and genuine than any Middle Eastern restaurants i have visited in Canada. It;s great for groups and sharing. Service is impeccable. It was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Journey in DamasfoodieeeDined on 7/17/2014Hands down the best middle eastern restaurant in Montreal. I am originally middle eastern myself and this place tastes even better than most restos back home. Service is great as well. Honestly nothing to complain about. Worthy of a Michelin review.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An incredible dishTarikDined on 7/15/2014Redefining Baba Ghanoush completely, hinting at how the royals of Levant must have eaten. FabulousI would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Have been to Damas many times and it is one of our favourite restaurants with delicious appetizers and great service. Was saddened on our last visit however, when they no longer agreed to adapt my meal into a vegetarian request. A few more vegetarian options would make this restaurant outstanding!Special Features:
- DAMAS A TRUE CULINARY GEManna1371Dined on 7/2/2014AMAZING! I have been meaning to eat at Damas for a while. I finally made it, twice this week. Both times were simply extraordinary and a true culinary delight. I highly recommend this restaurant, it is a true gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Juste excellentLematDined on 7/1/2014Nous avons été chanceux. Un groupe d'amis seuls sur la terrasse arrière. Beaucoup moins bien décorée que l'intérieur, elle n'en demeure pas moins très agréable par une belle soirée d'été. A noter la musique trés bien choisie, orientale mais pas tacky du tout. Rien à dire sur la cuisine, c'est excellent, frais, trés copieux et trés bien présenté. Quant au service, la perfection. Présent mais discret, sympathique et accommodant. Personnellement c'est la 1ere fois que je me sens obligé de féliciter la personne pour son service hors pair. Expérience trés réussie.Special Features:
- Excellent food and great servicembm1951Dined on 6/29/2014We enjoyed a wonderful evening at Damas. The service was excellent! Our waiter provided great recommendations for both food and wine. The food was outstanding and the portions very generous. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Excellent food & service!SebasDined on 6/22/2014The best syrian restaurant in Montreal! Tasty food and amazing service!Special Features:
- Chic resto, but overpricedRosanjinDined on 6/19/2014I liked their presentation, but they tried so hard to be high-end style and it didn't worth what we paid. Also their menu is very limited for some people like me who doesn't like lamb.Special Features:
- Nice evening !HeleneDined on 6/17/2014Good food, good wine,good service, a lot of smile ! 6 people very happy !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbbengolVIPDined on 6/13/2014The Syrian food at Damas seems to have richer, more luxurious ingredients than any of the other "Middle Eastern" restaurants in Montreal. Along with Su (Turkish) this is probably the finest Middle Eastern restaurant in the city. Outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and deliciousMarimbaDined on 6/5/2014I brought 2 friends who had never had syrian food and they loved it. One of my favourite spots in the city. I love the dressing for their fattouch salad and the Bamia is cooked to oerfection. Must trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findMSD87Dined on 6/5/2014I went with a couple of old girlfriends. Food was amazing, wine list limited, ambiance fine. We were able to sit and chat for hours without being bothered. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- OliviaPDined on 6/3/2014Truly enjoyed our girls`night out evening. The food was delicious, the wine was excellent and the staff was friendly, helpful and recommended excellent wines.Special Features:
- Super met SyrianTimepassDined on 6/2/2014Super resto. Le service était super et personnel. Les mets très bien expliqués et apprêtés.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LaFeverLaFeverDined on 5/31/2014Overall everything was great the only exception was that they ran out of vodka? Ran out of vodka on a Saturday night? Only one person at my table had ordered a vodka drink The menu listed three different Vodka It left us puzzles because what was that One vodka drink made Of? We left after having 3 appetizersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favourite restaurant in MontrealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014Incredible vibe, awesome food and the service is outstanding! Special thanks to Mathieu for taking care of us and congrats to the chef, Rodrigo. We had an amazing time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 107 reviews are from the Damas reviews archive.
- I will go backLoveFoodDined on 5/18/2014There were so many items on the menu that I wanted to try and the first experience was great.Special Features:
- Make sure you go hungry!BarbinTODined on 5/9/2014We had a leisurely and delicious meal here. We had the Table d'Hote and enjoyed every course. Service was attentive and helpful. We would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeyak8080Dined on 5/4/2014Excellent food, service is a little slow, but the food is excellent, very good quality, a little pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014Damas is in my opinion the best restaurant in Montreal. We had the tasting menu and it was the best food I ever had in my entire life. Outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Damas #1AntaresDined on 4/26/2014Excellent service, une expérience inoubliable qu'on va renouveler aussi souvent que possible! Excellent service, an unforgettable experience that we'll renew as often as possible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2e visite chez DamasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Cette fois nous sommes arrivés pendant que dehors il faisait encore jour et, malheureusement, on a pu voir l'état des chaises qui pourraient bénéficier d'un bon nettoyage. On peut très bien voir le niveau et l'étandue de la crasse. La nourriture était bonne, mais dans l'un des plats principaux la viande (agneau) était froide. On nous a offert le désert pour s'excuser, mais nous sommes restés avec tout petit goût amer Dommage. Nous allons lui donner encore une chance. Espérons qu'ils sauront la saisir..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.