Dallas Fish Market
1501 Main St.
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Dallas Fish Market
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.dallasfishmarket.com/
- Phone: 2147443474x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Happy Hour M-F 4:30 - 8:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full off-site catering is available.
A word from Dallas Fish Market
Welcome to the DALLAS FISH MARKET - part of DRG Concepts. Located on the ground floor of the Busch-Kirby Building, a recorded Texas historic landmark, built in 1913 by Adolphus Busch. Executive Chef Anupam "AJ" Joglekar offers the freshest seafood daily from sources around the world, the finest Texas grass-feed steaks and local produce. With a weekly changing menu you will dine on the finest, freshest ingredients of the season. The clean, contemporary interior will truly showcase Chef AJ's creations. The Wine Lounge is a wine lover's dream come true! With multiple wines available you can truly taste the world. For those who are wine savvy ask for Wine Director - George Calderon to discover your new favorite bottle of wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dallas Fish Market reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (61)fit for foodies (43)romantic (39)notable wine list (22)neighborhood gem (22)good for groups (18)hot spot (12)great for lunch (8)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (5)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- its okCharbelVIPDined on 8/31/2014the restaurant is good, food is ok. i was bummed cause when I called and asked for restaurant week they told me that the menu from dallas chop house will be available since the chop house is closed so i booked. I am not a big fish food eater so I was disappointed that it is not the case where I have several meat options from the menu from the dallas chop house but only one meat option. I wish the waiter on the call told me so I would have made other plans. they should tell them not to say that the dallas chop house menu is available for restaurant week cause it is deceiving and not true and false advertisement.Special Features:
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014My wife and I went for restaurant week. We had the bass, and it was amazing. Everything about our experience was great except for the fact that in the Cesar salad there was barely any lettuce and my wife's creme brulee was extremely burnt. These things were not great, but they were far outweighed by the other high points. We will surely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great last day restaurant week mealretiredVIPDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I got a wild hair and decided last minute to enjoy one last restaurant week meal on the last lay of restaurant week. This is not unusual for us since August is her birthday month we celebrate it all month long starting with her birthday on the 15th and continuing until the end of restaurant week. Everything was great except both of our main courses. She had trout which was overpowered by cumin? She didn't like the mushrooms that came with the dish. My swordfish was over cooked! Scallop, other apps and soup were great.Special Features:
- FreshLg2gDined on 8/29/2014We went to Dallas fish market for restaurant week and we will definitely be back. Everything was wonderful and the service was impeccableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food long waitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014The food was inspired and amazingly prepared. I can't say anything wrong about this place with the exception that the wait between courses was drawn out and extensive. It took two hours for the courses. A great place for a group meeting where you need extra time to discuss business but not great for a romantic night for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not even for restaurant week.kennedyDined on 8/28/2014Presentation and service were o.k. The food was less than o.k. Extremely disappointed. Well certainly not recommend or return.
- JerryDined on 8/27/2014Disappointed with my sea bass. Server was very polite and nice, but entre was very slow getting to our table. Staff was very polite.
- Good and badRtexf4VIPDined on 8/25/2014Went for dinner with the spouse. In short, we chose the KRLD Rest. week menu, and a rather expensive bottle. It was mostly very good, and portions were excellent. Unfortunately, started off with dozen oysters that were not chilled, and tasteless. The unique Caesar salad was outstanding, more a custard than a salad, but very good. Wife had the tuna tartare, and it also was excellent as were the salmon entree and my duck. The only spoiler of the evening was a waiter that could not have cared less about our table. Not rude, just no interest in our table. And yes, it's hot in August in Dallas, but your AC should be able to keep up. Not so here. Won't be going back soon,Special Features:
- Horrible Service - not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Service was horrible and the dessert was not great. Appetizer and entrée were good but I won't be back SOLELY based on the service. Bad all the way around...
- Don't be fooledOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014If you’ve ever been to GW Fins in New Orleans, you know what an upscale fish house is supposed to be. The Dallas Fish Market is a cynical poser. First, the food: The fish was too dry or under seasoned or both. The curried cauliflower is actually fried cauliflower that is too dry to eat by itself. Our waiter said that the kitchen was not set up for a dipping sauce. When a waiter so readily says no to a request, when it is too easy to say: “I’ll ask the chef what he recommends,” it speaks volumes about the careless way this restaurant is run. From the minute we sat down, our waiter gave me the impression what he knew we were going to be disappointed. He had no business waiting tables in a restaurant at that price point.
- Fantastic mealPaulaMDined on 8/23/2014We had the Restaurant Week menu. It was superb. Service was also excellent. I have tried many restaurants during Restaurant Week and this was the most imaginative food with high quality ingredients.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014I NEVER do these surveys but our experience was too great not to. This was our first time here and it was restaurant week. I was so impressed with the menu selections and the wine pairings. It truly was a showcase of the best of what they had to offer. Everything I had from my beef tartare and my entree of sea bass to that pear and ice cream dessert ..., I haven't stopped dreaming of it! The wine was perfect and even the cocktails were exquisite. The service was what you would expect from a restaurant of this caliber. I LOVE seafood. Being from New Orleans I've had amazing seafood my whole life. This set a new standard for me. I can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was resturant week.FineDiningDined on 8/22/2014It was resturant week so we decided to do the 3 course.. it was ahmazing and I will go back.Special Features:
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Enjoyed Dallas Fish Market's restaurant week menu. Great ambiance as well as wine pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dallas Fish Market-DISAPPOINTING!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014My husband & I were celebrating our 20yr anniversary & chose DFM to do so with our group of 8.This was our 1st time trying DFM & based solely on this experience, I would not return or recommend to others.Our reservations was @7:45-appetizers didn't come out until 10!Our waiter apologized 4 times during wait & said they were having computer issues & our orders never made it in.It appeared this was the case for only our table as all the other tables had been served with no problem.We decided to leave & asked for our bill @10 we were the last of 3 groups in the restaurant which closes @11 we were told our food was being plated & asked if we would stay.Charged full price w/tip for slow service where anniversary never acknowledged-DISAPPOINTING!
- Food QualityKelscomments01Dined on 8/15/2014Every dish we had at this restaurant was a hit, however, I think the striped bass was an overall success from all the wonderful entrees. We cook at home a lot, but we have chosen not to attempt a striped bass because I don't think we can make it come out as great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was not impressed!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014The ambience was nice, service was good. Unfortunately I was not impressed with the food. The scallop appetizer & steak was decent. But all our fishes were dry. The drink " special" was water down & bland. Walking out with $75 bill & $10 valet including tip, feeling disappointed.Special Features:
- Good food, tonoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/14/2014The food was great but the noise level is very high and hard to hold a conversationSpecial Features:
- Nice experience in diningalwayshungryforchangeDined on 8/12/2014My friends and I enjoyed the variety offered for Restaurant Week and selected several "must try's" from the standard menu for when we return at a later date. The Market Mule cocktail was fabulous and wine pairings were well-selected. Maitre'd/Manager/Owner was very personable and visited to check on our experience. Wait staff were not as relaxed, nor were they helpful in making our selections. However, they were quick and efficient with service, so I can't really complain overall. It was a very busy dinner hour.Special Features:
- Wonderful!!LarryJeanDined on 8/11/2014We loved it! The food was amazing and the waite staff were also great. They explained in detail the items we ask questions. Since of their items are unusual to your normal expectations, they are very careful in their descriptions. I had a duck breast and it was the best. You cannot go wrong with this restaurant. Great place to impress a date!Special Features:
- All good.London6djVIPDined on 8/9/2014Lovely establishment. No complaints. Very professional and classy atmosphere. Food presentation was very good. My meal, Ahi tuna, was prepared perfectly and tasted very nice, as expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a good time, but...WhateverVIPDined on 8/9/2014I had read reviews indicating service wasn't great...and it was true, our service was not good. However, when we let our server know that we were not pleased and why, he notified the manager who came and spoke with us and offered apologies. All in all, once we got that behind us things improved. All that said, the food here was EXCELLENT!!! Striped bass in the mustard sauce was incredible, tuna tartare appetizer delicious, and awesome fig/mascarpone dessert to die for!Special Features:
- Loved It!HemiGlock21Dined on 8/9/2014I went for my birthday and had a great time. The fish is delicious and the wine is yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood!EnjoysGoodRestaurantsDined on 8/9/2014The crab fritter was excellent! Lots of crab so you could get the full flavor of crab; it wasn't overpowered by the fritter recipe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatDT69VIPDined on 8/6/2014We live downtown and visit the DRG restaurants regularly. Fish Market is always delicious - service is always attentive and fun - great bartenders!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood downtownOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2014Dinner with a colleague on a Wednesday night. Sat at a table in the bar instead of our reserved table to take advantage of the happy hour sushi - 4 pieces of chef's choice sushi with every drink, and discounted drinks. Service was a little bit slow but friendly and good overall. Food was great - the happy hour sushi was a great starter, I had the seared scallops which were amazing, my colleague had the local grilled chicken which he also said was amazing. We shared the curried cauliflower, which was deep-fried, unfortunately, but was still really good. Definitely plan to go back.Special Features:
- Consistently good seafoodHappySushiDined on 7/30/2014Once again, the value at DFM is the best in Downtown Dallas. Can't miss with their Market Salad, Mussels and Sea Scallops and service is always tops!Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceJay4LifeDined on 7/15/2014This was my first time ever to the Dallas Fish Market and I wish I wasn't moving because it wouldn't have been my last. Everything about the place was great and I have 0 complaints. The waiter even gave my girlfriend a complimentary wine (this was due to not wanting to waste it because another table wanted to order something different), so for that he got an extra tip. The service was friendly and the food came out great. We had salad and sushi. Being a techie, I also enjoyed how the drink menu was on an iPad, very cool!Special Features:
- JeepDined on 7/13/2014Nice combination of sushi and traditional seafood dinners; nice specialty cocktails. Fairly expensive, but in line with other middle of downtown restaurants.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!WhatwaDined on 7/11/2014Made surprise anniversary dinner for wife. She was blown away by sushi. Just so happened to have surf and turf with scallops. Her favorite. I ordered flowers to have on table when arrived. They were there and beautiful. Manager came to table to ask of occasion. He then had caviar and sparkling wine to table. Class act from time we walked in until we left. Just awesome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDined on 7/9/2014I was very disappointed in the service. I felt like the restaurant was not staffed adequately nor were they attentive to our needs. Food was just average for me...nothing fantastic...I was expecting more for the prive range.Special Features:
- Excellent2ndtimevisitDined on 7/5/2014Overall it was an excellent dining experience! We enjoyed the ambience, the great table service and the nice touches of "on-the house" appetizers and after dinner sweets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our latest tripMicheleVIPDined on 7/3/2014We thought we would try this lovely spot again since it had been years. We felt so comfortable walking in. Love spot, still. We had a great waiter and I think it was Ian. All food was great, but I was not enamored with my swordfish....the plate was just too busy....sorry, will get another entree next time...all three of us thoroughly enjoyed out visit!!Special Features:
- Great seafood place in downtownDocSavageVIPDined on 6/28/2014The Fish Market looks like an undiscovered gem. At 7:30 on a Saturday night the place was barely 1/2 full. On the other hand, it is one of the better seafood restaurants in Dallas. Parking is by valet right outside the door ($7.00). Seated in seconds. Our waitress was very good, making several good suggestions, including one for the wine. We ate fish (natch!) and both dishes were quite good. Their wine list isn't shabby, either. There were several other nice touches, like complimentary glasses of sparkling wine before dinner, and a bowl of fresh cotton candy after dinner. We had to eat and go in a hurry to catch a show, and our waitress was exceptional about moving things along briskly. Really good service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too hotkjschorrDined on 6/21/2014The air needs to be fixed. The appetizer of tempora shrimp was good. The rest of the meal was not.
- Great Spot for Lunch in DowntownOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/11/2014Stop by for lunch with Co Workers and was very impressed. Fresh seafood and great sushi. The green apple cotton candy at the end of the meal was a nice touch!Special Features:
- Poor management/customer serviceUncomfortableDined on 6/3/2014Our party of 5 arrived around 6pm for dinner and found the restaurant very warm. We asked if there was a problem with the air and were told that they had been having issues for last couple of days but repairs were made today and it should cool off soon. The temperature only got worse and by the time our food came it was extremely hot in the restaurant. We commented multiple times to the staff, and finally had to complain, and asked for some type of concession to compensate for our discomfort. Even suggested that they comp a drink or dessert. They did nothing to make us comfortable or feel better about our uncomfortable expensive meal.
- Wonderful Service & Excellent SushiAMY1983Dined on 6/1/2014We went to Dallas Fish Market on our 5th Anniversary and experienced amazing service from beginning to end. They started us with complimentary champagne and a deviled egg with caviar on the house. We had the Salmon Sashimi special which was so good we ordered another and thoroughly enjoyed the Temptation & Dragon Rolls. We're so excited to have found a reasonably priced and top grade sushi place here in Dallas. We just moved here from LA and this place reaffirms we made the right decision. We will be regulars for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night at 8:30 half emptyjumpinjezebelDined on 5/31/2014Now we know why. Could not understand the waiter. Didn't have the wine we ordered - recommended replacement was no good! Food was brought on top of other courses - I HATE THAT - SHOWS HOW STUPID THE WAITER IS!!!! Supposed to be a 4 star restaurant - maybe 1 at most - and high priced!!! Don't go there
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Ian took amazing care of us and provided tom selleckSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.