Dallas Fish Market
1501 Main St.
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Dallas Fish Market
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.dallasfishmarket.com/
- Phone: 2147443474x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Happy Hour M-F 4:30 - 8:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full off-site catering is available.
A word from Dallas Fish Market
Welcome to the DALLAS FISH MARKET - part of DRG Concepts. Located on the ground floor of the Busch-Kirby Building, a recorded Texas historic landmark, built in 1913 by Adolphus Busch. Executive Chef Anupam "AJ" Joglekar offers the freshest seafood daily from sources around the world, the finest Texas grass-feed steaks and local produce. With a weekly changing menu you will dine on the finest, freshest ingredients of the season. The clean, contemporary interior will truly showcase Chef AJ's creations. The Wine Lounge is a wine lover's dream come true! With multiple wines available you can truly taste the world. For those who are wine savvy ask for Wine Director - George Calderon to discover your new favorite bottle of wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dallas Fish Market reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (67)fit for foodies (57)romantic (44)notable wine list (25)good for groups (22)neighborhood gem (17)hot spot (16)great for lunch (11)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great Seafood.kimdjDined on 10/12/2014Had the seabass...it was amazing! The sashimi sampler was great too! Reasonably priced for the food we ate!Special Features:
- Simply amazingSBrehmDined on 10/7/2014The ambience is what first struck us upon entering the restaurant. It was a soothing cool blue and silver with beautiful lighting and wall art. The waitstaff catered to our every need and always seemed to be there to anticipate our needs before we ever even needed to ask. The food was gorgeous and tasted wonderful with careful consideration to various levels of flavors and texture in each and every bite. The sushi was amazing and the swordfish was simply delightful and cooked to perfection. I will definitely be back the next time I am in Dallas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabuloustogether4everDined on 10/4/2014We loved it so much at lunch, we went back the next night for dinner! We were from out of town and in discussion with our waiter, because he was awesome.... he found out we were celebrating our anniversary. We had the amazing sushi and were so full for dessert (he really wanted to treat us to a dessert) that we just couldn't... so instead... he got us a couple of glasses of complimentary champagne! Above and beyond service!Special Features:
- Just okayabankshhnDined on 10/4/2014Everything was ok, nothing to brag about in terms of service and food. However for the price, I didn't see the value of the experience. In addition, I noted on my reservation that it was my wife's birthday and there wasn't any acknowledgement of that at all. No one came around and asked us about our meal. In summary, I would not recommend this place to someone because it is overwhelmingly average.Special Features:
- Terrific Quality and PreparationFoodieDined on 10/4/2014I was very impressed with the quality of the food and the preparation. Outstanding.....especially for Dallas since the city has so many restaurants that are highly rated but are really mediocre. This one is a gem if you are looking for top quality seafood and very well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as alwaysDT69VIPDined on 9/27/2014Service was a little less attentive than I prefer, but food was excellent as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/27/2014nice ambiance and excellent food and service as said - would definitely go back when in DallasSpecial Features:
- Excellent Seafood DowntownKonacallahansVIPDined on 9/23/2014Business lunch meeting with a large group. The food was very good and everyone was happy with what they ordered. The wait staff was attentive and friendly. I wouldnt hesitate going back.Special Features:
- Pleasantly pleasedPaulDined on 9/21/2014The food was high quality and very creative. My wife and I enjoyed it immensely and would have no hesitation going back. I think the cooked meal selections were even better than the sushi and it was of high quality.Special Features:
- Very Good and EnjoyableWiserolderDined on 9/20/2014Atmosphere, service and food...above good.. Staff friendly and attentive. Food preparation was above and beyond. Definitely one of the more enjoyable dining experiences.Special Features:
- Not Worth the TripVanceVIPDined on 9/19/2014Dined here on a Friday night, we were expecting a nice experience based on the previous reviews. However, we were very disappointed at the level of service and the food was very average. The service was basically like going to a chain restaurant (i.e. chili's, etc...). We had to consistently ask for our glasses to be filled with water, food was auctioned off instead of knowing what each of us ordered, after first course server didn't remember to bring replacement silverware so when our entree's arrived we asked and then waited for silverware. Overall a very mediocre experience and would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- Better Choices Than HereAJMarinVIPDined on 9/7/2014Oh, where to begin? The service was non-existent as our waiter consistently forgot to bring us what we ordered. Yes, this happened more than once. The "lemonade" tasted more like "crystal light" made with dishwater. Really. They shouldn't sell it as lemonade. And the Redfish was uninspiring and tasted old, as in not fresh. All in all, a very poor dining experience and we expected so much more from a downtown Dallas establishment.
- Really Great FoodmattFoodieDined on 9/6/2014Everything was great. I was surprised how good the sushi was. I will definitely try to make it back to this place.Special Features:
- its okCharbelVIPDined on 8/31/2014the restaurant is good, food is ok. i was bummed cause when I called and asked for restaurant week they told me that the menu from dallas chop house will be available since the chop house is closed so i booked. I am not a big fish food eater so I was disappointed that it is not the case where I have several meat options from the menu from the dallas chop house but only one meat option. I wish the waiter on the call told me so I would have made other plans. they should tell them not to say that the dallas chop house menu is available for restaurant week cause it is deceiving and not true and false advertisement.Special Features:
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014My wife and I went for restaurant week. We had the bass, and it was amazing. Everything about our experience was great except for the fact that in the Cesar salad there was barely any lettuce and my wife's creme brulee was extremely burnt. These things were not great, but they were far outweighed by the other high points. We will surely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great last day restaurant week mealretiredVIPDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I got a wild hair and decided last minute to enjoy one last restaurant week meal on the last lay of restaurant week. This is not unusual for us since August is her birthday month we celebrate it all month long starting with her birthday on the 15th and continuing until the end of restaurant week. Everything was great except both of our main courses. She had trout which was overpowered by cumin? She didn't like the mushrooms that came with the dish. My swordfish was over cooked! Scallop, other apps and soup were great.Special Features:
- FreshLg2gDined on 8/29/2014We went to Dallas fish market for restaurant week and we will definitely be back. Everything was wonderful and the service was impeccableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food long waitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014The food was inspired and amazingly prepared. I can't say anything wrong about this place with the exception that the wait between courses was drawn out and extensive. It took two hours for the courses. A great place for a group meeting where you need extra time to discuss business but not great for a romantic night for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not even for restaurant week.kennedyDined on 8/28/2014Presentation and service were o.k. The food was less than o.k. Extremely disappointed. Well certainly not recommend or return.
- JerryDined on 8/27/2014Disappointed with my sea bass. Server was very polite and nice, but entre was very slow getting to our table. Staff was very polite.
- Good and badRtexf4VIPDined on 8/25/2014Went for dinner with the spouse. In short, we chose the KRLD Rest. week menu, and a rather expensive bottle. It was mostly very good, and portions were excellent. Unfortunately, started off with dozen oysters that were not chilled, and tasteless. The unique Caesar salad was outstanding, more a custard than a salad, but very good. Wife had the tuna tartare, and it also was excellent as were the salmon entree and my duck. The only spoiler of the evening was a waiter that could not have cared less about our table. Not rude, just no interest in our table. And yes, it's hot in August in Dallas, but your AC should be able to keep up. Not so here. Won't be going back soon,Special Features:
- Horrible Service - not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Service was horrible and the dessert was not great. Appetizer and entrée were good but I won't be back SOLELY based on the service. Bad all the way around...
- Don't be fooledOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014If you’ve ever been to GW Fins in New Orleans, you know what an upscale fish house is supposed to be. The Dallas Fish Market is a cynical poser. First, the food: The fish was too dry or under seasoned or both. The curried cauliflower is actually fried cauliflower that is too dry to eat by itself. Our waiter said that the kitchen was not set up for a dipping sauce. When a waiter so readily says no to a request, when it is too easy to say: “I’ll ask the chef what he recommends,” it speaks volumes about the careless way this restaurant is run. From the minute we sat down, our waiter gave me the impression what he knew we were going to be disappointed. He had no business waiting tables in a restaurant at that price point.
- Fantastic mealPaulaMDined on 8/23/2014We had the Restaurant Week menu. It was superb. Service was also excellent. I have tried many restaurants during Restaurant Week and this was the most imaginative food with high quality ingredients.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014I NEVER do these surveys but our experience was too great not to. This was our first time here and it was restaurant week. I was so impressed with the menu selections and the wine pairings. It truly was a showcase of the best of what they had to offer. Everything I had from my beef tartare and my entree of sea bass to that pear and ice cream dessert ..., I haven't stopped dreaming of it! The wine was perfect and even the cocktails were exquisite. The service was what you would expect from a restaurant of this caliber. I LOVE seafood. Being from New Orleans I've had amazing seafood my whole life. This set a new standard for me. I can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was resturant week.FineDiningDined on 8/22/2014It was resturant week so we decided to do the 3 course.. it was ahmazing and I will go back.Special Features:
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Enjoyed Dallas Fish Market's restaurant week menu. Great ambiance as well as wine pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dallas Fish Market-DISAPPOINTING!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014My husband & I were celebrating our 20yr anniversary & chose DFM to do so with our group of 8.This was our 1st time trying DFM & based solely on this experience, I would not return or recommend to others.Our reservations was @7:45-appetizers didn't come out until 10!Our waiter apologized 4 times during wait & said they were having computer issues & our orders never made it in.It appeared this was the case for only our table as all the other tables had been served with no problem.We decided to leave & asked for our bill @10 we were the last of 3 groups in the restaurant which closes @11 we were told our food was being plated & asked if we would stay.Charged full price w/tip for slow service where anniversary never acknowledged-DISAPPOINTING!
- Food QualityKelscomments01Dined on 8/15/2014Every dish we had at this restaurant was a hit, however, I think the striped bass was an overall success from all the wonderful entrees. We cook at home a lot, but we have chosen not to attempt a striped bass because I don't think we can make it come out as great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was not impressed!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014The ambience was nice, service was good. Unfortunately I was not impressed with the food. The scallop appetizer & steak was decent. But all our fishes were dry. The drink " special" was water down & bland. Walking out with $75 bill & $10 valet including tip, feeling disappointed.Special Features:
- Good food, tonoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/14/2014The food was great but the noise level is very high and hard to hold a conversationSpecial Features:
- Nice experience in diningalwayshungryforchangeDined on 8/12/2014My friends and I enjoyed the variety offered for Restaurant Week and selected several "must try's" from the standard menu for when we return at a later date. The Market Mule cocktail was fabulous and wine pairings were well-selected. Maitre'd/Manager/Owner was very personable and visited to check on our experience. Wait staff were not as relaxed, nor were they helpful in making our selections. However, they were quick and efficient with service, so I can't really complain overall. It was a very busy dinner hour.Special Features:
- Wonderful!!LarryJeanDined on 8/11/2014We loved it! The food was amazing and the waite staff were also great. They explained in detail the items we ask questions. Since of their items are unusual to your normal expectations, they are very careful in their descriptions. I had a duck breast and it was the best. You cannot go wrong with this restaurant. Great place to impress a date!Special Features:
- All good.London6djVIPDined on 8/9/2014Lovely establishment. No complaints. Very professional and classy atmosphere. Food presentation was very good. My meal, Ahi tuna, was prepared perfectly and tasted very nice, as expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a good time, but...WhateverVIPDined on 8/9/2014I had read reviews indicating service wasn't great...and it was true, our service was not good. However, when we let our server know that we were not pleased and why, he notified the manager who came and spoke with us and offered apologies. All in all, once we got that behind us things improved. All that said, the food here was EXCELLENT!!! Striped bass in the mustard sauce was incredible, tuna tartare appetizer delicious, and awesome fig/mascarpone dessert to die for!Special Features:
- Loved It!HemiGlock21Dined on 8/9/2014I went for my birthday and had a great time. The fish is delicious and the wine is yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood!EnjoysGoodRestaurantsDined on 8/9/2014The crab fritter was excellent! Lots of crab so you could get the full flavor of crab; it wasn't overpowered by the fritter recipe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatDT69VIPDined on 8/6/2014We live downtown and visit the DRG restaurants regularly. Fish Market is always delicious - service is always attentive and fun - great bartenders!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood downtownOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2014Dinner with a colleague on a Wednesday night. Sat at a table in the bar instead of our reserved table to take advantage of the happy hour sushi - 4 pieces of chef's choice sushi with every drink, and discounted drinks. Service was a little bit slow but friendly and good overall. Food was great - the happy hour sushi was a great starter, I had the seared scallops which were amazing, my colleague had the local grilled chicken which he also said was amazing. We shared the curried cauliflower, which was deep-fried, unfortunately, but was still really good. Definitely plan to go back.Special Features:
- Consistently good seafoodHappySushiDined on 7/30/2014Once again, the value at DFM is the best in Downtown Dallas. Can't miss with their Market Salad, Mussels and Sea Scallops and service is always tops!Special Features: