Dallas Chop House
1717 Main Street
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Dallas Chop House
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.dallaschophouse.com/
- Phone: (214) 736-7300
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00PM
Monday - Friday 4:00-7:00PM
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Chad Starling
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private In-Restaurant Dining Menu for Large Parties available
contact Blake Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entertainment: Piano player, Televisions (Sports), Beautiful Main Street Patio
A word from Dallas Chop House
Dallas Chop House is the premier steak house in the heart of Downtown Dallas, offering a completely modern approach to steak house dining. Our steaks are specialty dry aged in the restaurant with Himalayan Sea Salt for a unique and delicious flavor and texture. Ranging from an 8 oz. filet to the 24 oz. Cowboy, we have a steak for every guest. Other menu highlights include our sous vide Niman Ranch Pork Chops and incredible seafood selections. Pair any entrée with seasonal sides like our famous Crawfish Maque Choux and a wine off of our award-winning list for the perfect evening.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dallas Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (10)romantic (7)fit for foodies (7)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (3)good for groups (3)notable wine list (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)neighborhood gem (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Beautiful ArtistryLSCHADined on 11/13/2014The moment you walk into Dallas Chop house an obvious display of a fine dinning experience greets you. Every inch of the design of this restaurant is outstanding and well thought out. Quiet..area for groups.. and you do not hear the bar crowd. Bar crowd was having fun with live music btw. The floor manager never stops moving quietly through the room to make sure each table is being waited on. The staff was so friendly and attentive. The food itself from the display to multiple layers of flavor... genius. Dallas at its bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Presentation - PriceypriceybeefDined on 11/6/2014Great service - nice table settings and utensils - however the pricing for the over all experience was entirely too much for the experience. End result - was not worth the 80.00 plates that were served. We chose the 21 day aged prime rib - great flavor - and presentation - but the expense was not to match the quality - too over pricey!Special Features:
- Open Table IssueOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/13/2014The restaurant called me a day before my reservation to cancel it due a fire in their kitchen. Trying to book a replacement reservation through Open Table became a major issue. Your website keep telling me to contact the restaurant to cancel my reservation. Your website would not allow me to book another reservation because my original reservation is still active. I ended up making reservations outside of Open Table. I hope you'll fix this problem.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Weekclassylil05VIPDined on 8/11/2014We, my husband and I, went here as our first stop for Restaurant Week. Each course was amazing. The wine list was extensive and impressive. We enjoyed ourselves. We only spent a total of $120, which was a pretty good deal for the caliber of food and service. We will be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LakewoodDinerDined on 8/11/2014Wonderful experience for a special birthday dinner!Special Features:
- Great service and good foodDJN1Dined on 8/9/2014My husband and I went to the Chop House for the preview period of Restaurant Week and our 34th wedding anniversary. The great service started with one of the managers stopping by to introduce herself. She checked on us throughout the meal. The food was great. My husband had an appetizer of steak tartar and I had cucumber gazpacho, both great choices. For our main course I had Prime Rib and my husband had a Pork Chop, both beautifully presented and very flavorful. We ended with chocolate lava cake and espresso brûlée, delicious! Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurantAlfonsoDined on 8/8/2014Great food overall, except for the desserts that were lacking the refinement and good flavor of the rest of the plates. The waiter seemed reluctant to offer and serve the special Restaurant Weekend Prix Fixe, so we had to ask it and his reaction was quite unpleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Damietta's delight.VinceDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I love DCH. We have been there three or four times and have always been very satisfied. The food quality is superb and the service has always been outstanding. It is on our favorites list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great business lunchKK1234VIPDined on 7/31/2014The shellfish cobb salad is my favorite! (Right after the delicious popover).Special Features:
- lspoetryDined on 7/30/2014I ordered Med steak & it was a bit too pink for me; but still very good!Special Features:
- The following 619 reviews are from the Dallas Chop House reviews archive.
- Dont get the cheese tray!tmarieDined on 7/12/2014We were not terribly hungry so we ordered the lobster bisque, Italian wedge and the cheese tray to share between the two of us. The cheese tray was not appetizing at all. The bread had garlic butter on it that was overpowering. The prosciutto was sliced too thick. On a positive note, the bisque and wedge were fabulous!Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014I live in Los Angeles and I visited Dallas for the 4th and my friends and I went to dinner to this place and the service and food were awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor experience!sjhavInVIPDined on 7/3/2014I have been to this place many times but the experience on 7/3 left a sour taste. The servers and staff just did not seem interested in working that evening. The food is excellent so I cannot ding them for that but the staffs lack of attentiveness cannot be forgiven and forgotten that easily. The restaurant cut staff early since it was not busy and I felt rushed.Special Features:
- KayinBlancoDined on 6/28/2014Accommodating and gracious service, excellent steaks and sides.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced, mediocre steakJleefoodieDined on 6/27/2014The service was excellent and we had a very attentive, knowledgable server. My husband and I both ordered steak - he had the ribeye and I had the filet. We were expecting melt in your mouth, super tender steak and instead it was tough and lacking flavor. For the price, I would honestly not go back. I would instead choose to go buy my steak at whole foods and cook it at home. Nice place overall, very friendly staff, romantic place to dine on a special occasion. Steak is overrated and overpriced.Special Features:
- RizzlettDined on 6/14/2014Food, service, wine list were all excellent. My husband and I both had the 8oz filet each of which was cooked perfectly. I had the Oscar style and he had the Au poirve. We were both in heaven. The sides we shared were also wonderful - roasted brussel sprouts and steak fries. Overall it was a wonderful dining experience and we both recommend DCH.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/20142 moms and 2 grown daughters out on the town. Our experience was excellent. Very attentive staff, excellent food, wonderful ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!ChefDined on 5/31/2014Looking for a five star steakhouse? Look no further!!! Wonderful food and atmosphere!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chop chopZielatlastVIPDined on 5/24/2014Pretty doggone tasty experience. If I hadn't gone to Perry's steakhouse the next day I would've been a great experience now I would have to say it's very good. Since it's near some of the hotel I frequent women town I would have to say that I would go back and will enjoy it. Girlfriend had steak I had the baked chicken and it was all very tasty. The crème brûlée for dessert was very tasty. Again, a very solid dining experience and I would strongly recommend.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencejelroDined on 5/22/2014Great lunch experience, great service and food. Dinner rolls are unbelievably good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd Time is a CharmDiverdan45Dined on 5/17/2014I live in Chicago, but have had 3 occassions to be in Dallas in the past year. The Dallas Chop House was recommended to me for a special evening and it was perfect. I returned with other guests a second time and just this past Saturday night had a celebration dinner with the new President of our Association, his wife, the program chairman and our meeting planner and me. As in the previous two occasions, the service, ambience, and food were outstanding. I love your wine list and was able to introduce my guests to one of my favorite Cabs, which they had never had before, but took photos of the bottle to be able to buy it for themselves at a later date. A large, noisy party came in just as we left, so was glad we were leaving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table for ten treated well!TravelingDinerDined on 5/13/2014We were a large group but they handled it perfectly. They gave great recommendations, handled a miscooked steak by recoiling it and taking it off the bill and were super attentive. The steaks were great as was the meat/cheese plate appetizer we had. The sides are smaller than typical steakhouse sides and are more large single servings that big servings meant to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice for office lunchKarinw83Dined on 5/5/2014We were having a baby shower for a small office group of 8. I made a reservation for lunch on line and was pleased when we arrived to be in a separate room where we could hear each other talk and enjoy the moment. Service was attentive but not overly so and food was good. Overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/5/2014Great place to take clients or coworkers. I come in often and everyone I've taken loves it. The person who ordered the steak dip said it was the best he'd ever had. Will continue to return and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent- not a typical steakhouseRosie522Dined on 4/30/2014Dallas Chop House is outstanding. They have several wonderful appetizers. I especially like the Hawaiian Bigeye tuna and the steak tartare. Their steaks are superb and cooked to perfection. Other favorites are the brussels sprouts and the spicy crawfish side was amazing as well if you like spicy food. The service, wine selection and cocktails were also very good. It was a great great experience and I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing restaurant!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014This is our favorite restaurant in Downtown Dallas. Best steaks in town. And they support local products. Kudos chef!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing restaurant!!!luv2eatDined on 4/26/2014My boyfriend and I went to Dallas Chop house for his birthday. Everything from the food, to the service, to the drinks were absolutely phenomenal. I really love this place. There patio is one of the coolest in town also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat good foodReggieDined on 4/26/2014My wife and I are from Houston and we celebrated our 18 year wedding anniversary in Dallas. We decided to go to chop house to celebrate for dinner. We enjoyed the great food and friendly down to earth staff. They are very professional and the food is very good and tasty. Nice, clean and very warm atmosphere. We will visit them again next time we are in the Dallas area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/25/2014We had a great evening. Weather was so nice we decided to eat in the bar so it was lively and fun but I could definitely see us going back and eating inside for a date night!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 24601Dined on 4/23/2014The salmon was outstanding along with the Yorkshire pudding bread. We had a bottle of wine that was great. A side of spinach was prepared just right. The deserts were moderate in size and of good quality. Overall a great experience. A special treat is the cotton candy that is complimentary.Special Features:
- Dallas CH date.TXJamDined on 4/19/2014Good patio, romantic place, food is what you would expect for a place like that, drinks were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but place is too quiet !Madz4foodVIPDined on 4/19/2014We came to celebrate on a Saturday night and the place was pretty empty. We did get excellent service and I thought the food was pretty good. For the price, I think Nic and Sams is a lot better. Overall it's good but the ambience was too solemn.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2014Loved it and service was phenomenal!!! The chop salad was delicious!! They made it so special for my husbands birthday!!!! I will be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice but not special for steakhouseBusterVIPDined on 4/11/2014Getting downtown can be a bit tricky with all the road construction. Once inside, several choices for dining rooms. Go for a small, quiet room, otherwise the bar noise makes it difficult to visit. Don't trust the sample menu on Opentable; it doesn't match with what restaurant currently is offering. Steaks were OK but nothing special. The best thing was the wine list - it was not overpriced. Large portions for the vegetable side dishes. Glad I went but won't be going back; there are better steak houses in Dallas.
- Raw SalmonDallas4925Dined on 4/2/2014I was very impressed with the look and feel of the Dallas Chophouse when we arrived for our lunch. However, the food left something to be desired. My salmon was severely undercooked to the point where I couldn't eat it, and my colleagues steak was chewy. Despite the nice ambiance, I was underwhelmed by the food. I probably will not revisit this place, as there are much better steakhouses in the area.
- Automatic GratuityDanBVIPDined on 4/1/2014We had a party of 6, received mediocre service and at the end discovered an automatic 20% gratuity - if it was posted on the menu or any other place - I certainly did not see it, but it explains the service, The food was overpriced, but very good, I don't see myself ever going back, there are too many great places that have the service to match.Special Features:
- LackingreviewDined on 4/1/2014Service was amazingly slow. Once everyone was served but one, it was a good five minutes before the last diner was served. We had so many different people wait on us, we had no idea who to speak with. Then our desserts were all wrong. What was presented to us as Sorbet was Vanilla Ice Cream. They continued to say the "kitchen" assures us it is Sorbet. Not right. You can call it that but it was not Sorbet. The price is too high for the quality. And its so loud in there you can't even hear the person next to you. I will not go back.
- won't be going backJosephDined on 3/27/2014kept making excuses for their shortcomings each time we went, but enough is enough. Way too expensive for what you get. (GEE, I MISS CHARLIE PALMER'S!!!) Rosemary was in and on everything without warning, from the butter to the baked garlic to the steak sauce to the vegetables. so if you don't like rosemary, just that one thing ruins even the best steak. And then there was the steady murmur of someone giving a speech that was coming from the wall beside me that the staff said they couldn't hear and didn't even try to find or stop it. It's really convenient for us, but way too much money to spend and leave irritated everytime.
- Very LoudxxxxxxxDined on 3/26/2014It was so loud that you needed to make an effort to follow up a conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disapppointed in dinnerLLDiningDined on 3/25/2014I work in the Comerica building and eat Lunch at the Chophouse regularly. But was disappointed in the dinner service. It was extremely loud. The brussel sprouts were tough and tasteless. I thought the asparagus was something one could get at an inexpensive restaurant. The Caesar salad dressing is very fishy and did not taste like any other Caesar salad I have had. My out of town guest had a steak that she said was fine. For the prices at the Chophouse at dinner, I will probably not return for dinner. Unusual sinec their lunch menu is generally good value and tastes good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.