9023 E. Washington Blvd.
Pico Rivera, CA 90660Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.dalrae.com/
- Phone: 5629492444x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Private Room, Wine
- Entertainment: The Dal Rae's lounge features one of the few remaining piano bars in Los Angeles, with live entertainment and a dance floor. It's a place where the "rat pack" would feel right at home.
A word from Dal Rae
The Dal Rae is the Southern California restaurant where 1950s classics still reign. Lobster Thermidor, Pepper Steak, Chateaubriand, Prime Rib, Fresh Fish, Rack of Lamb, Steak Diane and Cherries Jubilee prepared tableside are among more than 100 items on a truly retro menu, complete with some of the city's best martinis. Opened in 1958, the Dal Rae has maintained its original atmosphere, too, right down to a piano bar with live entertainment. And, most important, it has preserved a tradition otherwise found only in private clubs -- knowing its customers by name and treating them like the most important people in the whole wide world. The Dal Rae is located close to the 5 freeway and half-way between LA County, Orange County and The Valley. It is a perfect location for business meetings or entertaining friends and family.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Dal Rae - Best Restaurants in Pico Rivera ›
Dal Rae reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (103)neighborhood gem (72)romantic (66)good for groups (52)fit for foodies (48)great for lunch (37)notable wine list (34)vibrant bar scene (25)hot spot (14)late-night find (11)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- ddddVIPDined on 10/25/2014Met family at this restuarant, hearing about Dal Rae for years. We enjoyed ourselves and really liked the whole 1950's vibe of the place, but the highly recommended Pepper Steak (which 3 of 4 people had) was so over-powering in spices that it just wasn't enjoyable.....order something else to make the night special. And, I had put on the open table reservation "2 birthday's" and no one remembered this....and I could not let the waitress know so the surprise was amiss.Special Features:
- Good FoodSilviaeVIPDined on 10/24/2014The food at Dal Rae is very good. I love their sourdough bread and the jalapeños pita chips that are given when you arrive.Special Features:
- Good FoodSilviaeVIPDined on 10/21/2014The food and the service are always very good. You have to try the bananas flame for dessert they're fabulous.Special Features:
- Good place for special occassionsPapaTomDined on 10/19/2014Four of us had dinner together. Made reservation several days in advance. Had a drink in the bar which was very nice. The atmosphere was very relaxing. The bar tender was most attentive. The restaurant felt a little crowded, several larger parties at the time. The table that we were sat at was really to small for 4 people, perhaps three at the most. The food was good and the service was timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatZonnyDined on 10/18/2014Great place to be with a special someone for an evening away from everything.Special Features:
- love the Dal Raeluv2dineDined on 10/18/2014Treat yourself to the very finest dining around. I've been coming here for over 45 years and the food and special attention the give to each customer is outstanding. Always #1 in my book for the perfect dining experience. Classy yet comfortable atmosphere. The menu will satisfy everyones taste. Always cooked to perfection. Do yourself a favor and let the Dal Rae spoil you as it has done me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Good!Hate2cookDined on 10/17/2014It was a last minute decision to go and fortunately we could get in early. Expect to be ther 1-1/2 to 2 hours for a meal. It's relaxing and they do not push you in and out the door. Take your time enjoy it. This is how this restaurant is meant to be enjoyed. The filet mignon pepper steak is fabulous and the chocolate fantasy is wonderful.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining Experience!AnonymousVIPDined on 10/16/2014Our party of four had an outstanding lunch celebrating a retirement and three birthdays. It was also Boss's Day so the restaurant was really into party mode and this added to our enjoyment, as well! The service and cuisine was exceptional, as always....and we will look forward to returning to the Dal Rae soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10/11/14 Dinner @ 8:30pmBD1214Dined on 10/11/2014This was our first time dinning at this restaurant.Our server Jacki was very helpful and attentive all night.Please send her our thanks.The lighting in the room was a bit too dark.Hard to read the menu even with the candle light on the table.We had to use our cell phones for lighting.No New Castle beer or Mojito mix drink available. The wheat bread and butter were a bit on the cold side.Special Features:
- ALWAYS THE BEST!!!!!swfilletDined on 10/10/2014I started going to the Dal Rae with my parents, in my early years. I have been going now for 40+ years. When I think about what a restaurant should be, this is what comes to mind. Family owned. Consistently good. A grand dining experience in every respect. Only place I go where truly EVERYTHING on the menu is awesome! I live in Orange County and come from afar to get there, but it is well worth it. If the Dal Rae were on the moon, I would become an astronaut so I could go! It is out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meet the 1950'sJack2ndcityVIPDined on 10/9/2014The decor, food and everything about this place was still in the 50's. Overcooked vegetables, stale bread, and Eisenhour's booth still in tact. Wouldn't go back and sorry I went.
- Not What It Used To BeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Very busy Tuesday night, waitress had no clue about the wines, the Ceaser Salad was dreadful. The main course was really good for all five of us, very pricy and not really worth the money. Years ago this restaurant was exceptional, maybe we just got a bad night. Won't be returning anytime soon.....
- Excellent As Always!!GlennDined on 10/6/2014I've been coming to the Dal Rae since 1983. The service and food is always top notch! Great for a business lunch, but also great for an evening dinner too.Special Features:
- Hostess with the Least-essLLshareDined on 10/4/2014We have been to the Dal Rae on many occasions, and this time I have to say I was disappointed, not in the food (always excellent!) but in the continued crustiness of the hostess. We arrived on time for our 7:30 reservation, yet were handed a beeper without a word from her. She was so busy watching her computer screen that she didn't make eye contact, greet us, or comment on our wait time. I inquired about the wait and she said it would be about 15 minutes. That rolled into 40 minutes before we were seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, elegant, friendlyGaleVIPDined on 9/28/2014Great food as always. All those working there seem to love their jobs and are quite friendly and helpful. Caesar salads were done at the table to perfection. One person in our party had the Sand Dabs, hardly seen on the west coast, prepared with a light breading and very tasty. The other two people in our party had fried shrimp and shrimp scampi. All three were delicious. Atmosphere is old world elegant. The menu is very extensive. We will be back!Special Features:
- Are we in Texas?ICemanVIPDined on 9/28/2014Dal Rae kind of feels out of place in this neighborhood, but don't let that fool you. This place knows how to cook steak! In fact, they know how to cook period! Everything we ordered from the steaks to osso buco to the souffle was done to perfection, even all the side dishes. Complements to the Chef!Special Features:
- Prime Rib is SpectacularGiniDined on 9/21/2014We always come to Del Rae's for special occasions. The atmosphere is high end and makes you feel like you're in West Hollywood with all of the beautiful people. We are treated like family (the good kind) when Monica is our server. Monica has been with Del Rae's for 17 years and we always request her station. The combination of good food, fine wine and fabulous service makes Del Rae's a number one choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent good & servicePickyEater101Dined on 9/20/2014The food was very delicious and the service was outstanding. Dal Rae makes you feel you the way a Five star restaurant should make you feel. Excellent service! Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st timerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Food was good. Service was good. Wasn't ready to order when the waitress came around, big mistake, it took her about 15mins before she came back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedtruereviewDined on 9/20/2014So disappointed with my first experience at Dal Rae. Service was rushed, the new york pepper steak was tough and the actual meat was flavorless, the mushrooms tasted weird. The only item that I thought was good was the bleu cheese wedge salad. Saddened because I had heard so many great things about this restaurant. Pricey and I would be ok with it, but not when it tastes worse than the Sizzler.
- Classic RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/18/2014If Sinatra would have walked in he'd have felt right at home. This place is very old school classy. The Dal Rae fish was THE BEST. Service is extraordinary, and the live music in the lounge suitable to the decor. Dal Rae is class without the stuffiness. I took a business client but it's just as good with a special someone for an occasion. No kids here. This is an adult restaurant.Special Features:
- Great restaurantEJ66Dined on 9/15/2014Great service, food was delicious and good size portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dining at Dal RaeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2014Always enjoy dinner at the Dal Rae. Been going there for years! Great food and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceSimonsVIPDined on 9/10/2014With very good food, excellent service and a great ambiance, this place takes care of you each time you visit them.Special Features:
- Dal Rae, Classic GemGaryDined on 9/9/2014This restaurant was a favorite years ago when I worked in the area. When a friend suggested dinner somewhere close to both of us, I thought of Dal Rae! Even though it had been years I trusted the recent rating from Open Table and made the reservation. We were not disappointed! Food and service were excellent!! I suggest the fresh Caesar salad prepared at your table. Given the opportunity I will be back whenever possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Excellent ServicemarklovesdalraeDined on 9/8/2014Dal Rae offers very good food and the service is exceptional. I try to take my most important clients and my senior managers to Dal Rae because of the great steaks and portions that are fit for a king. I will difinitely be coming back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatTechWizardDined on 9/6/2014Wonderful atmosphere, food and service as we celebrated our 43rd wedding anniversary.Special Features:
- One of my favorite mealsBethDined on 9/6/2014!st time here for my boyfriend's birthday. We each got the pepper steak/ scallop combo. The pepper steak was one of the best we have ever had. The scallops were encrusted with Parmesan cheese--perfection. It came with loaded baked potatoes and asparagus. Lots of food. We each ended up taking home half.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Everything was delicious, except our steak was a little bit over cooked. other that we had a good dinner, celebrating a birthday..Special Features:
- You have to have the Pickles!TrishasTemptationsDined on 9/6/2014Like my Aunt always said look for a man with a great pickle! This is the first restaurant in 35 years that I have gone to that actually has a relish dish. No folks it's not for pickle relish. For those of you not born or related to Iowan's this is a dish of radishes, pickles, celery and carrots. The good stuff Grandma would have pulled from her garden then topped with beautiful dill pickle slices that are so mellow you ask the owner for some to take home. I asked, "how does a girl like me, get some of those great pickles to go? He told me all you have to do is ask. I did, and they sent me home with a box of them. Ah yes, and all the food we ate, was fantastic! What more could a girl ask for? Lots of left overs. Patricia LardySpecial Features:
- In love...rdbrd52Dined on 9/5/2014In love with the banana flambé I will be back. The filet mignon just melts in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oldie but a goodiemalta1SVIPDined on 9/4/2014Been coming here for 30 years. Never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2014It was our first time here and we were celebrating our wedding anniversary. It meet all our expectations and then some. We had their signature salad and steak dishes and it was excellent.Special Features:
- Great date!DjberriosDined on 8/30/2014I love taking my wife here cause she absolutely loves the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BUCKET LIST DINING EXPERIENCE!JCsRegalCuisineDined on 8/30/2014If ever there was a bucket list level dining experience that everyone in southern Cali must try it's hands down before the die it's the fantastic Dal Rae restaurant!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/29/2014We had to increase the size of our party from 4 to 5 upon arrival. The staff was most accommodating and accomplished that in the space of five minutes. The food was excellent and the service superb. We were seated in a section of the restaurant that had just reopened after refurbishment, so it didn't have quite the atmosphere that we have enjoyed in the past here. Also, the air conditioning needed some adjustment as it was blasting on us. The wait staff went out of their way to make the evening particularly enjoyable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Excellent food and service!! From my dining experience, it wasn't surprising to see why most of the people dining there were regulars, I think I just turned into one too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerVIPDined on 8/24/2014This classic restaurant is outstanding in every aspect. Service by our waitperson, Dawn was outstanding. Before to have the classic Caesar Salad, prepared by the restaurant manager, who is so personable and wonderful. From the initial greeting upon entering the restaurant, to the fine food and service, it was a wonderful, memorable experience. Job well done.Special Features:
- My first and last time here.disappointedDined on 8/23/2014My fiancé and I drive by Del Rae at least once a month, she tells me one day she wants to go there. In the back of my mind I say one day we will. I was born and raised in Pico in 1970 and always seen this place but never stopped. And just the other day I wanted to surprise my fiancé and set up a reservation. I looked online and the setting looked nice and quaint, kind of like the way dinning looked in the 40's and 50's on Wilshire blvd. Those days of dinning are a thing of the past, but when I looked online I said "wow" and we just had to go. Needless to say she was surprised when I took a right turn into the parking lot instead of going to king taco. So they called our names to be seated, and had to share a table with another couple. ughSpecial Features:
- ExcellentluvgoodfoodDined on 8/23/2014I've been going to the Del Rae since the early 60's. We now live in AZ and whenever we visit CA we make it a point to go the Del Rae. The service, food and ambiance is the best. The menu selections and side table service are excellent. We highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.