9023 E. Washington Blvd.
Pico Rivera, CA 90660Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.dalrae.com/
- Phone: (562) 949-2444
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Private Room, Wine
- Entertainment: The Dal Rae's lounge features one of the few remaining piano bars in Los Angeles, with live entertainment and a dance floor. It's a place where the "rat pack" would feel right at home.
A word from Dal Rae
The Dal Rae is the Southern California restaurant where 1950s classics still reign. Lobster Thermidor, Pepper Steak, Chateaubriand, Prime Rib, Fresh Fish, Rack of Lamb, Steak Diane and Cherries Jubilee prepared tableside are among more than 100 items on a truly retro menu, complete with some of the city's best martinis. Opened in 1958, the Dal Rae has maintained its original atmosphere, too, right down to a piano bar with live entertainment. And, most important, it has preserved a tradition otherwise found only in private clubs -- knowing its customers by name and treating them like the most important people in the whole wide world. The Dal Rae is located close to the 5 freeway and half-way between LA County, Orange County and The Valley. It is a perfect location for business meetings or entertaining friends and family.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Dal Rae - Best Restaurants in Pico Rivera ›
Dal Rae reviews from OpenTable diners
158 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (115)neighborhood gem (80)romantic (74)good for groups (62)fit for foodies (58)great for lunch (40)notable wine list (35)vibrant bar scene (32)hot spot (19)late-night find (16)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Finally an upscale restaurant in OCOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014I was impressed by the elegant ambience of the restaurant. The service was outstanding all night long. The food was exquisite, like I haven't had in a long time. The presentation was very artistic worthy of a Four Star Michelin. My compliments to the chef and entire staff. Fenomenal restaurant worthy of special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceChrisDined on 11/15/2014I love this place. Consistently excellent food and amazing service in a great ambiance. I can't tell you how pleasant it is to dine somewhere and have such excellent service. Try the pepper steak which they are know for or the sea bass ala Ben but you can't go wrong. Table side prepared caesar salad and bananas flambe are also just delicious. The singer in the piano bar area is also quite nice. If you haven't bee here you should go visit this hidden gem in Pico Rivera.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experienceOCVisitorDined on 11/15/2014Overall, it was a very good experience, with a couple of minor gotchas. First, I indicated on my OpenTable reservation that we were celebrating my wife's birthday. Nothing special was done and no mention made, but not a big deal. Second, the restaurant was crowded (it was a Saturday night, after all). This meant that the table side Caesar salad had to be made in a little alcove, not table side. Oh well. Speaking of which, that salad was just okay. Not sure what the deal was, but it's usually very good. Not this time. The bread basket was just okay, nothing special. Cheese toast was very good. We ordered the world famous pepper steak, the filet mignon for my wife, the New York cut for me. Both were excellent, cooked just right, tender and juicy. Sides were garlic mashed potatoes (very good), and a baked potato (pretty good, standard). Dessert was the chocolate souffle. That was delicious! It was so hard to put down the spoon, even after the souffle was all gone... Dal Rae seems to have added more tables since the last time I was there. The wait staff was constantly walking past our booth and I was always afraid I was going to trip someone with my long legs whenever I stretched them out. The manager came by a couple of times to check up on us, and our server, Gabriella, was excellent. Not intrusive, but seemed to be around when needed and also checked in on us regularly. Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll be back...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014We had made a reservation online the night before. The service and food were both excellent. All the servers were friendly. Customers were dressed both casual and dressy. Felt very comfortable. I ordered the Peppered Filet Mignon and it was great but what I really enjoyed was my boyfriend's Chilean Sea Bass (aleband ? with grilled onions). It was delicious!!! I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prepare to Wait Even With ReservationLALyndaD81VIPDined on 11/14/2014Made a reservation for 8 pm but wasn't seated until closer to 8:30 pmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemGoldenlithoDined on 11/14/2014This place is in the worst neighborhood in the city Pico Rivera. Once you drive your can on to the lot you get this feeling like your not in Pico anymore. Valet greets you and experience begins. Once inside your treated to a throwback to the 50's wood décor. Old but very well kept. Servers and wait staff are at your service. Pepper Steak was my meal and didn't disappoint. I brought my Wife here for our anniversary and rate this place very high against your chain steak houses. My suggestion is always try for yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Place In TownEmmadogDined on 11/12/2014I love this place but only come on special occasions as we don't want it to become boring. We always want it to be special. It's "old school" charm is warm and inviting. Although people bring their children, I don't consider it kid friendly. It verges on too crowded, tables are close together, noise level high, so I don't consider it a romantic place either. But I think the closeness, noise level and energy adds to it's charm. Great bar and drinks and the best steak and Chilean Sea Bass EVER! No wonder it's always filled with happy people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old school- consistently goodShepVIPDined on 11/11/2014We aren't talking contemporary here- think mid century modern with a menu to go with it. I LOVE THE CRUDITE PLATE!! You won't go away hungry and offerings for every budget and taste. A rep back to the 1960's in service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great, except....RG1433Dined on 11/9/201410oz Prime Rib was way too fatty, disappointing for the price i paid, but your Chilean Seabass ala ben was even bettet than the Summit House in Fullerton!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor service and drinksAndyDined on 11/7/2014The waitress seemed to have an attitude the whole time. We ordered two drinks and both were made way to strong where you onky tasted alchol. We had one steak cooked perfectly but the other was peppered way to much, and that as all you coukd taste.Special Features:
- The best there isVictorDined on 11/7/2014Great food, wonderful service, good people, lovely atmosphere. Nothing more to ask for!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatAttheRacesDined on 10/31/2014Restaurants become institutions for a reason. Been coming since 2008 when in So. California for Breeders' Cup and am never disappointed. Rock Shrimp. Tableside Caesar. Peppered Filet. Service impeccable. Love the Dal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Dal RaeSadTomVIPDined on 10/31/2014This is a special place! Food and service are outstanding and the menu is extensive. Too bad it is a hike from Orange County.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationHalloweencelebDined on 10/31/2014My family and I thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience. From the sea bass, swordfish, scampi and filet mignon, just to give a sample at our table. My hat is off to the fine staff, who didn't miss a beat, whether refilling or continually asking about our dining experience. Super job, Dal Rae!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hopefulDined on 10/31/2014I think I would enjoy the filet mignon without the pepper I guess this is there signature Steak ,Mash potatoes are very plain..the ambiance is 0ldtimes,the creme brulee was wonderful!Special Features:
- ddddVIPDined on 10/25/2014Met family at this restuarant, hearing about Dal Rae for years. We enjoyed ourselves and really liked the whole 1950's vibe of the place, but the highly recommended Pepper Steak (which 3 of 4 people had) was so over-powering in spices that it just wasn't enjoyable.....order something else to make the night special. And, I had put on the open table reservation "2 birthday's" and no one remembered this....and I could not let the waitress know so the surprise was amiss.Special Features:
- another great dinnersbkarmenDined on 10/25/2014We enjoyed our dinner, as usual our Dal Rae pepper steak was cooked to perfection and the shrimp scampy was so good we had seconds. We took our friends with us and they were amazed at what a great place the Dal Rae was and how you don't find restaraunts like this anymore anywhere.Special Features:
- good food terrible drinkspartyoftwoDined on 10/24/2014The drinks are terrible probably the worst I've ever had, never again will I get a drink there. That said the food is very good, and I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Good FoodSilviaeVIPDined on 10/24/2014The food at Dal Rae is very good. I love their sourdough bread and the jalapeños pita chips that are given when you arrive.Special Features:
- Good FoodSilviaeVIPDined on 10/21/2014The food and the service are always very good. You have to try the bananas flame for dessert they're fabulous.Special Features:
- Good place for special occassionsPapaTomDined on 10/19/2014Four of us had dinner together. Made reservation several days in advance. Had a drink in the bar which was very nice. The atmosphere was very relaxing. The bar tender was most attentive. The restaurant felt a little crowded, several larger parties at the time. The table that we were sat at was really to small for 4 people, perhaps three at the most. The food was good and the service was timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatZonnyDined on 10/18/2014Great place to be with a special someone for an evening away from everything.Special Features:
- love the Dal Raeluv2dineDined on 10/18/2014Treat yourself to the very finest dining around. I've been coming here for over 45 years and the food and special attention the give to each customer is outstanding. Always #1 in my book for the perfect dining experience. Classy yet comfortable atmosphere. The menu will satisfy everyones taste. Always cooked to perfection. Do yourself a favor and let the Dal Rae spoil you as it has done me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Good!Hate2cookDined on 10/17/2014It was a last minute decision to go and fortunately we could get in early. Expect to be ther 1-1/2 to 2 hours for a meal. It's relaxing and they do not push you in and out the door. Take your time enjoy it. This is how this restaurant is meant to be enjoyed. The filet mignon pepper steak is fabulous and the chocolate fantasy is wonderful.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining Experience!AnonymousVIPDined on 10/16/2014Our party of four had an outstanding lunch celebrating a retirement and three birthdays. It was also Boss's Day so the restaurant was really into party mode and this added to our enjoyment, as well! The service and cuisine was exceptional, as always....and we will look forward to returning to the Dal Rae soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10/11/14 Dinner @ 8:30pmBD1214Dined on 10/11/2014This was our first time dinning at this restaurant.Our server Jacki was very helpful and attentive all night.Please send her our thanks.The lighting in the room was a bit too dark.Hard to read the menu even with the candle light on the table.We had to use our cell phones for lighting.No New Castle beer or Mojito mix drink available. The wheat bread and butter were a bit on the cold side.Special Features:
- ALWAYS THE BEST!!!!!swfilletDined on 10/10/2014I started going to the Dal Rae with my parents, in my early years. I have been going now for 40+ years. When I think about what a restaurant should be, this is what comes to mind. Family owned. Consistently good. A grand dining experience in every respect. Only place I go where truly EVERYTHING on the menu is awesome! I live in Orange County and come from afar to get there, but it is well worth it. If the Dal Rae were on the moon, I would become an astronaut so I could go! It is out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meet the 1950'sJack2ndcityVIPDined on 10/9/2014The decor, food and everything about this place was still in the 50's. Overcooked vegetables, stale bread, and Eisenhour's booth still in tact. Wouldn't go back and sorry I went.
- Not What It Used To BeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Very busy Tuesday night, waitress had no clue about the wines, the Ceaser Salad was dreadful. The main course was really good for all five of us, very pricy and not really worth the money. Years ago this restaurant was exceptional, maybe we just got a bad night. Won't be returning anytime soon.....
- Excellent As Always!!GlennDined on 10/6/2014I've been coming to the Dal Rae since 1983. The service and food is always top notch! Great for a business lunch, but also great for an evening dinner too.Special Features:
- Hostess with the Least-essLLshareDined on 10/4/2014We have been to the Dal Rae on many occasions, and this time I have to say I was disappointed, not in the food (always excellent!) but in the continued crustiness of the hostess. We arrived on time for our 7:30 reservation, yet were handed a beeper without a word from her. She was so busy watching her computer screen that she didn't make eye contact, greet us, or comment on our wait time. I inquired about the wait and she said it would be about 15 minutes. That rolled into 40 minutes before we were seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, elegant, friendlyGaleVIPDined on 9/28/2014Great food as always. All those working there seem to love their jobs and are quite friendly and helpful. Caesar salads were done at the table to perfection. One person in our party had the Sand Dabs, hardly seen on the west coast, prepared with a light breading and very tasty. The other two people in our party had fried shrimp and shrimp scampi. All three were delicious. Atmosphere is old world elegant. The menu is very extensive. We will be back!Special Features:
- Are we in Texas?ICemanVIPDined on 9/28/2014Dal Rae kind of feels out of place in this neighborhood, but don't let that fool you. This place knows how to cook steak! In fact, they know how to cook period! Everything we ordered from the steaks to osso buco to the souffle was done to perfection, even all the side dishes. Complements to the Chef!Special Features:
- Prime Rib is SpectacularGiniDined on 9/21/2014We always come to Del Rae's for special occasions. The atmosphere is high end and makes you feel like you're in West Hollywood with all of the beautiful people. We are treated like family (the good kind) when Monica is our server. Monica has been with Del Rae's for 17 years and we always request her station. The combination of good food, fine wine and fabulous service makes Del Rae's a number one choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent good & servicePickyEater101Dined on 9/20/2014The food was very delicious and the service was outstanding. Dal Rae makes you feel you the way a Five star restaurant should make you feel. Excellent service! Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st timerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Food was good. Service was good. Wasn't ready to order when the waitress came around, big mistake, it took her about 15mins before she came back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedtruereviewDined on 9/20/2014So disappointed with my first experience at Dal Rae. Service was rushed, the new york pepper steak was tough and the actual meat was flavorless, the mushrooms tasted weird. The only item that I thought was good was the bleu cheese wedge salad. Saddened because I had heard so many great things about this restaurant. Pricey and I would be ok with it, but not when it tastes worse than the Sizzler.
- Classic RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/18/2014If Sinatra would have walked in he'd have felt right at home. This place is very old school classy. The Dal Rae fish was THE BEST. Service is extraordinary, and the live music in the lounge suitable to the decor. Dal Rae is class without the stuffiness. I took a business client but it's just as good with a special someone for an occasion. No kids here. This is an adult restaurant.Special Features:
- Great restaurantEJ66Dined on 9/15/2014Great service, food was delicious and good size portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dining at Dal RaeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2014Always enjoy dinner at the Dal Rae. Been going there for years! Great food and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.