9023 E. Washington Blvd.
Pico Rivera, CA 90660Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.dalrae.com/
- Phone: 5629492444x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Private Room, Wine
- Entertainment: The Dal Rae's lounge features one of the few remaining piano bars in Los Angeles, with live entertainment and a dance floor. It's a place where the "rat pack" would feel right at home.
A word from Dal Rae
The Dal Rae is the Southern California restaurant where 1950s classics still reign. Lobster Thermidor, Pepper Steak, Chateaubriand, Prime Rib, Fresh Fish, Rack of Lamb, Steak Diane and Cherries Jubilee prepared tableside are among more than 100 items on a truly retro menu, complete with some of the city's best martinis. Opened in 1958, the Dal Rae has maintained its original atmosphere, too, right down to a piano bar with live entertainment. And, most important, it has preserved a tradition otherwise found only in private clubs -- knowing its customers by name and treating them like the most important people in the whole wide world. The Dal Rae is located close to the 5 freeway and half-way between LA County, Orange County and The Valley. It is a perfect location for business meetings or entertaining friends and family.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Dal Rae - Best Restaurants in Pico Rivera ›
Dal Rae reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (115)neighborhood gem (79)romantic (70)good for groups (55)fit for foodies (54)great for lunch (36)notable wine list (30)vibrant bar scene (28)late-night find (13)hot spot (10)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Are we in Texas?ICemanVIPDined on 9/28/2014Dal Rae kind of feels out of place in this neighborhood, but don't let that fool you. This place knows how to cook steak! In fact, they know how to cook period! Everything we ordered from the steaks to osso buco to the souffle was done to perfection, even all the side dishes. Complements to the Chef!Special Features:
- Prime Rib is SpectacularGiniDined on 9/21/2014We always come to Del Rae's for special occasions. The atmosphere is high end and makes you feel like you're in West Hollywood with all of the beautiful people. We are treated like family (the good kind) when Monica is our server. Monica has been with Del Rae's for 17 years and we always request her station. The combination of good food, fine wine and fabulous service makes Del Rae's a number one choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent good & servicePickyEater101Dined on 9/20/2014The food was very delicious and the service was outstanding. Dal Rae makes you feel you the way a Five star restaurant should make you feel. Excellent service! Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st timerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Food was good. Service was good. Wasn't ready to order when the waitress came around, big mistake, it took her about 15mins before she came back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedtruereviewDined on 9/20/2014So disappointed with my first experience at Dal Rae. Service was rushed, the new york pepper steak was tough and the actual meat was flavorless, the mushrooms tasted weird. The only item that I thought was good was the bleu cheese wedge salad. Saddened because I had heard so many great things about this restaurant. Pricey and I would be ok with it, but not when it tastes worse than the Sizzler.
- Classic RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/18/2014If Sinatra would have walked in he'd have felt right at home. This place is very old school classy. The Dal Rae fish was THE BEST. Service is extraordinary, and the live music in the lounge suitable to the decor. Dal Rae is class without the stuffiness. I took a business client but it's just as good with a special someone for an occasion. No kids here. This is an adult restaurant.Special Features:
- Great restaurantEJ66Dined on 9/15/2014Great service, food was delicious and good size portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dining at Dal RaeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2014Always enjoy dinner at the Dal Rae. Been going there for years! Great food and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceSimonsVIPDined on 9/10/2014With very good food, excellent service and a great ambiance, this place takes care of you each time you visit them.Special Features:
- Dal Rae, Classic GemGaryDined on 9/9/2014This restaurant was a favorite years ago when I worked in the area. When a friend suggested dinner somewhere close to both of us, I thought of Dal Rae! Even though it had been years I trusted the recent rating from Open Table and made the reservation. We were not disappointed! Food and service were excellent!! I suggest the fresh Caesar salad prepared at your table. Given the opportunity I will be back whenever possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Excellent ServicemarklovesdalraeDined on 9/8/2014Dal Rae offers very good food and the service is exceptional. I try to take my most important clients and my senior managers to Dal Rae because of the great steaks and portions that are fit for a king. I will difinitely be coming back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatTechWizardDined on 9/6/2014Wonderful atmosphere, food and service as we celebrated our 43rd wedding anniversary.Special Features:
- One of my favorite mealsBethDined on 9/6/2014!st time here for my boyfriend's birthday. We each got the pepper steak/ scallop combo. The pepper steak was one of the best we have ever had. The scallops were encrusted with Parmesan cheese--perfection. It came with loaded baked potatoes and asparagus. Lots of food. We each ended up taking home half.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Everything was delicious, except our steak was a little bit over cooked. other that we had a good dinner, celebrating a birthday..Special Features:
- You have to have the Pickles!TrishasTemptationsDined on 9/6/2014Like my Aunt always said look for a man with a great pickle! This is the first restaurant in 35 years that I have gone to that actually has a relish dish. No folks it's not for pickle relish. For those of you not born or related to Iowan's this is a dish of radishes, pickles, celery and carrots. The good stuff Grandma would have pulled from her garden then topped with beautiful dill pickle slices that are so mellow you ask the owner for some to take home. I asked, "how does a girl like me, get some of those great pickles to go? He told me all you have to do is ask. I did, and they sent me home with a box of them. Ah yes, and all the food we ate, was fantastic! What more could a girl ask for? Lots of left overs. Patricia LardySpecial Features:
- In love...rdbrd52Dined on 9/5/2014In love with the banana flambé I will be back. The filet mignon just melts in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oldie but a goodiemalta1SVIPDined on 9/4/2014Been coming here for 30 years. Never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2014It was our first time here and we were celebrating our wedding anniversary. It meet all our expectations and then some. We had their signature salad and steak dishes and it was excellent.Special Features:
- Great date!DjberriosDined on 8/30/2014I love taking my wife here cause she absolutely loves the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BUCKET LIST DINING EXPERIENCE!JCsRegalCuisineDined on 8/30/2014If ever there was a bucket list level dining experience that everyone in southern Cali must try it's hands down before the die it's the fantastic Dal Rae restaurant!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/29/2014We had to increase the size of our party from 4 to 5 upon arrival. The staff was most accommodating and accomplished that in the space of five minutes. The food was excellent and the service superb. We were seated in a section of the restaurant that had just reopened after refurbishment, so it didn't have quite the atmosphere that we have enjoyed in the past here. Also, the air conditioning needed some adjustment as it was blasting on us. The wait staff went out of their way to make the evening particularly enjoyable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Excellent food and service!! From my dining experience, it wasn't surprising to see why most of the people dining there were regulars, I think I just turned into one too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerVIPDined on 8/24/2014This classic restaurant is outstanding in every aspect. Service by our waitperson, Dawn was outstanding. Before to have the classic Caesar Salad, prepared by the restaurant manager, who is so personable and wonderful. From the initial greeting upon entering the restaurant, to the fine food and service, it was a wonderful, memorable experience. Job well done.Special Features:
- My first and last time here.disappointedDined on 8/23/2014My fiancé and I drive by Del Rae at least once a month, she tells me one day she wants to go there. In the back of my mind I say one day we will. I was born and raised in Pico in 1970 and always seen this place but never stopped. And just the other day I wanted to surprise my fiancé and set up a reservation. I looked online and the setting looked nice and quaint, kind of like the way dinning looked in the 40's and 50's on Wilshire blvd. Those days of dinning are a thing of the past, but when I looked online I said "wow" and we just had to go. Needless to say she was surprised when I took a right turn into the parking lot instead of going to king taco. So they called our names to be seated, and had to share a table with another couple. ughSpecial Features:
- ExcellentluvgoodfoodDined on 8/23/2014I've been going to the Del Rae since the early 60's. We now live in AZ and whenever we visit CA we make it a point to go the Del Rae. The service, food and ambiance is the best. The menu selections and side table service are excellent. We highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special place...amazing foodKitty1873Dined on 8/22/2014The Sea Bass and Dal Rae are a can't miss. The cocktails are strong and good. Excellent service very attentive love the water bottle at the table so don't have to always ask for refills. The Caesar salad for 2 made table side is a rare findSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT old school restaurantChicago2Dined on 8/17/2014Great food and service. The way a meal should be, complete. From the relish tray, cheese bread, table side Cesar salad, baked potato, pepper steak to the lobster all were great. You get your monies worth and then some.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stilesVIPDined on 8/16/2014Always a wonderful experience. Great menu of hard to find dishes, like steak Diane and bananas Forster and cherries jubilee.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014great food and service as usual!!! Drinks were also excellent!Special Features:
- FosJCFOSDined on 8/10/2014Always the best consistently One of the top restaurants in L ASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy to go back.R0J777Dined on 8/10/2014Made reservation same day, got the time needed. Seated right away with water and bread. Menu was very good. I went light, caprese salad. Others were garlic chicken and Dal Rae chopped salad. We were all happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Resturant!RobRoDined on 8/9/2014This is one of the only resturants left that still provide a great expeience in dinning out for dinner. Many of the old resturants have closed, due to redevelopement, or other reasons, but Dal Rae not only serves the finest food, but the service and ambience is second to no other. The menu is so diverse, andI cannot wait to get back, just to try something else on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Date night restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014My wifes first time and she loved it.....we will be back for our next date night...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old School FavoriteeatatjoesDined on 8/2/2014Dal Rae is the restaurant equivalent of a time machine. It would be totally at home in the 50's or 60's; nevertheless, it is fresh and inviting today. The food and service are both top notch. The place was packed on a Saturday night which I understand to be normal. Be sure to make a reservation. While it may be a bit out of the way, Dal Rae is well worth the trip.Special Features:
- Fall back into the "Rat Pack" eraBreaCraigDined on 8/2/2014This restaurant is old school "Rat Pack" era with all first class faire for your meals. Steak and Fish are cooked to perfection along with a special occasion Grand Marnier soufflé as the crème de la crème for a night cap. Groovy baby groovy was to night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderful experience!mml626Dined on 8/1/2014Perfect dining experience. Great service, atmosphere, and the food was just delicious. We started with crab cakes and the rock shrimp. Husband had the double pork chop, one son had the ribeye, another had the surf and turf with pepper steak and salmon and declared it the best he ever had. I had the sea bass and it was prepared perfectly. No room for dessert this time!
- Frozen in Time thank GodhundfschmidtVIPDined on 7/31/2014This place is a classic with the highest quality. The menu and service are top notch. Go there with a business associate you want to impress.Special Features:
- SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/30/2014The house special peppercorn steak was wonderful! I love a restaurant/chef who knows how to cook a great piece of meat! It was done to perfection - medium rare! The steak here never disappoints. I brought clients from out of town - they were amazed at the quality of the food. I need to come back more often ...Special Features:
- lemdDined on 7/27/2014The steak was as good as it gets but the service was average at best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/26/2014This is a really good restaurant, always busy. The steaks are a 10 plus and the dessert- a chocolate concoction was fantastic. But the Cesar salad made at the table was over dressed and the server could have been a bit more attentive even though she was probably very busy.Special Features: