Dakotas Prime Steak & Chop House - Tyler
5377 South Broadway
Tyler, TX 75703Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Dakotas Prime Steak & Chop House - Tyler
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://dakotasprimesteakandchophouse.com/
- Phone: 9035816700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11am - 2pm (No Saturday lunch)
Dinner: Monday - Saturday 5pm - 10pm
Dark on Sundays
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from Dakotas Prime Steak & Chop House - Tyler
Dakotas Prime Steak and ChopHouse is ranked one of America’s #1 steakhouses and for good reason. Our steaks are USDA prime, our portions are big and our drinks are stiff. We’ve been in the same location in Tyler for over 10 years. Our servers are experienced and professional. Our wine list is carefully designed, and the drinks are well prepared.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Dakotas Prime Steak & Chop House - Tyler - Best Restaurants in Tyler ›
Dakotas Prime Steak & Chop House - Tyler reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (11)romantic (8)good for groups (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)neighborhood gem (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Great foodRenniesharDined on 8/15/2014We were in Tyler, Texas for only a short vacation. The area is full of fast food and chain restaurants. We found Dakotas after searching trip advisor using the term "the best steaks in Tyler". It did not disappoint. The food was delicious. There were four of us for dinner and each of our meals were cooked to perfection. It's a bit pricey, but we found it worth the cost. Service was also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014The food was good, but the portions were sparse for the price at lunch time.Special Features:
- One suggesionOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/5/2014I specifically asked for steamed broccoli instead of the asparagus, and I specified NO BUTTER OR OIL. Just broccoli, nothing else on it. It came heavily buttered and oily. My suggestion is to actually prepare the dish as requested by the customer. That was my only complaint---I did not want oily or buttery broccoli. On a related note, we loved the fresh sourdough bread (that we had to request to have with no butter, but our waitress was Ashley, and she brought it to us after not too long of a wait.Special Features:
- Satisfied Customer1SpecialKDined on 7/1/2014My husband and I attended your restaurant for our 14th Wedding Anniversary. While looking online for restaurants in Tyler, we wanted to try somewhere new that we have never been before. The online photos and website menu seemed like just what we were looking for and once we got to the restsurant, it did not disappoint. The staff was friendly and the environment was absolutely beautiful and very classy. I would recommend DaKota's for anyone celebrating a special occasion or looking for somewhere nice to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 9 reviews are from the Dakotas Prime Steak & Chop House - Tyler reviews archive.
- Excellent steak!EatInTylerDined on 5/13/2014Big portions, great steak. What more could you want in a steakhouse?Special Features:
- Special Occasion? This is IT!StephanieOliviaDined on 4/16/2014We took our grandson to Dakotas to celebrate his graduation from high school. It did not disappoint. The steaks were cooked to perfection, and the salmon which our grandson had was excellent. The spinach salad and the house chopped salad were delicious. I would definitely go again in the evening for a special event.Special Features:
- Great for lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/14/2014There was no jalapeno jelly for the sandwich that featured it - but the raspberry jelly was an acceptable substitute. Must be a popular sandwich!Special Features:
- My wife and I went there forarburyjDined on 3/29/2014My wife and I went there for our 25 anniversary. Most of the food was good but we got the main dish the cook had out steaks mixed up. So we had to swichef our steaks at the table while our server watched.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakhouseRkelley007Dined on 2/14/2014Excellent food and service. Great wine. Very friendly staff. Attentive. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/18/2014My wife I and another couple all thought this place was great. Everything we ordered was wonderful. I would highly recommend Dakota's to anyone that wants great food and a nice quiet atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad FishAngeloDined on 11/21/2013The last two times I have been to Dakota's the fish special has been bad. My first experience was where two of us had such bad filets that we sent them back and had the cost of the meals removed from our bill. My second experience, I was the only person who had the fish special. It appears that the chef does not know how to filet a fish. Both time there has been too much tough sinew under the filet. I hope they get this worked out.
- Fish and Steaks were cookedKennyDined on 10/31/2013Fish and Steaks were cooked perfectly. The light eaters in our group were especially pleased that 4 oz. filets were offered on the menu. Creamed corn is a true specialty. Creamed spinach is also the best we've eaten in a long time. Our top salad choice is definitely the Wedge with vinaigrette and blue cheese... terrific. It's all a little pricey, but you get what you're paying for.Special Features:
- Very quietOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/26/2013Great service, good food....but place was empty. Staff had time to visit in the middle of restaurant.....