Dakota Bar & Grill
6541 E Tanque Verde Rd
Tucson, AZ 85715Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Dakota Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dakotabarandgrilltucson.com/
- Phone: 5202987188
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday & Monday 11 AM- 3:30 PM, Tuesday - Thursday 11 AM - 9 PM, Friday & Saturday 11 AM - 10 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Southwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: August Ench
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Tucson's premier catering specializing in exquisite attention to every detail. Tasteful presentations and delectable food providing all types of services to meet your catering needs.
- Private Party Facilities: We are able to host large parties in the garden and patio.
- Private Party Contact: Amy 5202987188
- Entertainment: Live music Friday and Saturday evenings, and Sunday brunch outside on the misted patio.
A word from Dakota Bar & Grill
A hidden original Tucson gem located in a quiet corner of Trail Dust Town. We offer an eclectic array of American grill options, fresh seafood or brunch on weekends. Enjoy indoor seating or relax outside in our beautiful garden and patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Dakota Bar & Grill - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
Dakota Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (22)great for lunch (14)neighborhood gem (13)fit for foodies (9)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (8)romantic (7)good for groups (5)special occasion (5)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Reallllllly Good!EllenTHVIPDined on 9/5/2014The Dakota is such a delightful place to dine. We chose to dine on the patio. It was a perfect evening to sit outside. We have had such great dinners here. Friday night we thought we'd have their hamburgers. We built our own. The hamburgers were cooked to perfection and so delicious! The french fries were perfectly crispy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My return!SimonettiDined on 8/30/2014My wife & her immediate friends; who are & have been occasional lunch time customers for many many years encouraged me to try this restaurant one more time. This after many years of being absent due to a number of disappointments many, many years ago. Having not been to the restaurant in at least 10 years I found it quite nice. Great menu w/an outstanding wine list Our waiter John aka Jack, was exceptional! Particular, for a party of five adults & two at times trying three year olds. Through it all he was very attentive, responsive, & above all gracious. I/we ALL found our dishes to be quite GOOD & bordering on superior. I will be back for at least at second try! Thank You, "John The Waiter"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfied customerHappyDinerDined on 8/2/2014The service was very accommodating and responsive. I ordered the scallops and though they were tasty and very well prepared, I was a bit disappointed by the size of them.
- Best Salads in TucsonAppleheadVIPDined on 7/24/2014The absolute best salads and best salad selection we've found in Tucson. Experienced and friendly servers, consistently good food, comfortable atmosphere and very nice outdoor dining year round.Special Features:
- DougDined on 7/19/2014Attended for special music event on patio; matching food theme was a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellant EntreGaryDined on 6/28/2014My wife and I visited Dakota Bar & Grill for dinner this past Saturday. We both ordered the special which was lobster and crab stuffed trout. The presentation was well done and the entre was excellent. This was our third dinning experience at Dakota over the last few years and we have had a good experience every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant, not exceptionalzergnerdDined on 6/27/2014Went with my family to Dakota. My wife ordered the flank steak, while I had the ribs. She had hoped to get the filet mignon, since we had seen that on the website menu, but we were told it was no longer available by our server. The ribs were good, but a tad dry. My wife's flank steak was excellent. Our daughter got a fruit cup and chicken strips, which she liked. This being the summer, her meal was free. We finished with an excellent slice of chocolate cake. My wife felt our server a somewhat inattentive. (I didn't notice.) The restaurant had a nice candle-lit ambiance that we enjoyed. Located at Trail Dust Town, there was plenty to do next to the restaurant that we made and evening of.Special Features:
- Return VisitEllenTHVIPDined on 6/26/2014We return to the Dakota quite often. The salads, hamburgers, and entrees are all delicious. I can honestly say that we have never had a bad meal here. The brunches are especially delicious, too! Try to dine outside if you can. The restaurant has kind of a charming little area. Misters keep you cool on a hot day or evening. The restaurant is in Trail Dust Town. It is fun for adults and children. A train, carousel, ferris wheel, and reenactment of a shoot out add to the atmosphere.Special Features:
- DLVLVIPDined on 6/25/2014Great drinks and appetizer specials for happy hour!
- Great Late LunchdinerDined on 6/20/2014Went for a 3pm Lunch reservation - food and service were great, ambiance very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food very goodazdinerVIPDined on 5/31/2014the food is good and the portions generous. Outdoor area nice and quiet enough for a conversation.Special Features:
- YearsiambecklouDined on 5/28/2014I have been going to Dakota Grill from years. It is consistent and good. I have always enjoyed being able to have a conversation with friends and have good food to boot. Has both light and heavier food items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 113 reviews are from the Dakota Bar & Grill reviews archive.
- Better BreadArgyDined on 5/22/2014We have been going to Dakota for many years and it's time they did a little updating. The vinyl seats were worn out and looked old. The whole place inside is beginning to look that way. Outside is lovely and I think when the weather is good that's where most people want to sit. However, when we went it was hot and windy so we chose to sit inside. The food was very good. However when we asked for bread they brought out stale epee. There is no excuse for serving stale bread and it spoils the fact that everything else was very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try it for breakfast!BrendaVIPDined on 5/18/2014Real treat when I recently tried for breakfast with a group of 6 to celebrate birthdays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LocationAmyinTucsonVIPDined on 5/17/2014Located in Trail Dust Town on Tanque Verde Road. Enjoy the "western town" atmosphere as you dine on the patio/garden. Baby back Ribs (with prickly pear BBQ sauce!) are fall-off-the-bone tasty and the Beef Stroganoff was tender and well spiced.Special Features:
- The Beat Goes ONSteverinoVIPDined on 5/17/2014Dakota just keeps re-inventing itself. Always fresh. Warm attentive service coupled with reasonably priced, tasty food. In the know with those that know. Number one caterer too.Special Features:
- Great LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/14/2014We were very impressed with the grilled Portobello sandwich. The service was outstanding as well.Special Features:
- Dependable QualityFoodLoverDined on 5/14/2014My friends and I have been meeting at Dakota for lunches for many years. We can always depend on the restaurant for consistently delicious food and very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now I recall why I stopped goingGoodFoodGoodPriceDined on 5/13/2014The food and service were bad. Unfortunate. The location and outdoor patio are both great. Our food order came out wrong, the food overall was bland and highly priced. The patio is lovely at night - that is, if you don't mind loud gunshots and explosions from the Western gun shows at Trail Dust. If I ever go back, it will be for a glass of wine with girlfriends and the cheese board appetizer. Skip dinner - the price is not worth it.Special Features:
- everything was awesome....exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Everything was amazing! Except the service. We felt forgotten about a few times and actually had to chase people down for water and the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eatsswynkDined on 5/9/2014We enjoyed our time at Dakota, would only have asked for a bit more attention. Service was a little slow, particularly for drinks. Good food and fun area (Traildust Town). We really enjoyed the scallops and ribs...the enchilada was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice BreakfastLove2TryNewEatsDined on 5/8/2014The new breakfast items (Frittata and Eggs Benedict) were delicious. The potato tortes that came with the main items were tasty and different from normal breakfast potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely NE Tucson patio diningalfrescodinerDined on 4/30/2014Perfect patio for pet guests with water dish provided by staff, lots of bushes and area for them to wander. Pretty umbrellas, no traffic noise, huge menu, great for a spring lunch outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodKRTucsonDined on 4/24/2014Great restaurant in Trail Dust Town. Delicious food every single time we go!Special Features:
- A Tucson FavoriteretiredgirlDined on 4/24/2014I LOVE this restaurant! Always excellent food, service and ambiance!!! I recently brought five of my friends here for lunch and we ended up staying almost three hours enjoying great drinks as well as a wonderful lunch. I enjoy the setting in the Trail Dust Town -- a nice removal from "real life and real noise" for a couple of hours; and the extensive outdoor dining is one of my favorite things. Keep up the GREAT effort with this little gem tucked away in a fantasy land. I smile all the way here everytime! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We never stayed.disappointedDined on 4/20/2014The manager was extremely rude and treated us so poorly we left. I was so embarrassed we had out of town guests and this looked like such a nice place.
- PamTomDined on 4/19/2014Average food. I used to regularly go to this restaurant 20 years ago and thought salads were terrific. We enjoyed the patio this weekend, the prices were reasonable. The risotto was crunchy, the veggies were overcooked. I am sure there are people who are fans of the restaurant, but for me, it will not be a regular occurrence. Sorry.Special Features:
- Ribs were a disappointment!LHDALDined on 4/15/2014Have had their ribs before and they were great. This time they were served with the BBQ sauce on the side. They looked awful. The flavor was lacking. When I mentioned it to the waiter he said he told them in the kitchen and nothing else was said. It may be a long time before I return.Special Features:
- Pleasant place for lunchKathysVIPDined on 4/2/2014Once again, Dakota's patio provided a lovely place for friends to gather and catch up. The food is good, the service helpful, and the ambiance is peaceful.Special Features:
- A GREAT PATIOArgyDined on 4/1/2014The Patio at Dakota is the best place to eat. Without the patio I think the restaurant wouldn't make it although the food is really good. They have been open for a long time and it's time for a little renovation. The inside is starting to look shabby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch With Old FriendsFoodLoverDined on 4/1/2014I met with two old co-workers who remain my friends for a birthday lunch celebration. We ate in the far eastern edge of the beautiful patio on a breezy and cool spring day. With the heat just weeks away, it was a pleasant experience. Lunch was great as was our wait-staff.Special Features:
- Never got a chance to eatmmhughesVIPDined on 3/25/2014I chose Dakota because it was a local restaurant and I was really looking forward to it. I was seated within a few minutes, given a menu and water and that was it. I waited almost 15 minutes, and while servers walked past me, no one acknowledged me. I got up and left and no one even noticed. I'm sure it's a good restaurant but my experience was not good.
- Good foodlovesfoodDined on 3/25/2014The patio and garden are quiet wonderful places to eat and chat with friends. The food is excellent, better than ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New server needed more tipsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/21/2014New server needed more tips from experienced ones but the food was good- A cheese and fruit plate should have come with some type of bread or crackers but it had nice fruit and salad was fresh - Dessert was tasty It is a delightful evening with a bit of western atmosphere when you hear gunfight and train. So fun and pleasant still - A couple of cats roaming the village area make it interesting They have a nice selection to choose from to appeal to a variety of tastesSpecial Features:
- Service slow, food quite goodAstridDined on 3/19/2014We went as a group of four. We reserved the day before and did indeed have a patio seat but at the far end of the patio that is fully in the sun. All the outdoor "good tables" were given I assume on a first come first serve basis. We said we only had an hour (at 1:30). We were served water and drinks and then no one came for over 30 minutes to refill our waters, I needed to go to the Hostess to ask for service. Our meals came 45 minutes later. Everyone was quite satisfied with their meals, not overwhelmed, but a few of us had salads which are often difficult to 'jazz up". Would come here again, but request a better table. It appeared they were under-staffed for a very busy lunch hour.Special Features:
- Not North or South - Just DakotaHaardrock1141VIPDined on 3/11/2014I met a friend for a business lunch and it was great. The service was very good and the food was outstanding. The restuarant was booked but they didn't rush us through. If I had not made the reservation on Open Table I don't think we would have been able to eat at Dakota on Tuesday.Special Features:
- Great patio for lunchMaggieDined on 3/10/2014With our beautiful winter I've had lunch twice on theirpatio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpricedhungryDined on 2/15/2014Food was inconsistent. Some was good, some seemed to have been sitting around/not fresh. Not worth the price.Special Features:
- Hard To Find But Worth It!GerriDined on 2/14/2014We were not familiar with this restaurant, made a reservation for the Valentine Day dinner. Food was great, service good! We;ll be back.Special Features:
- Awesome Food and ServiceJoeTDined on 2/14/2014Had a 17 year break from visiting. Just hadn't made it back to that side of town. Forgot how good it was. Will get back more often going forward.Special Features: