Daily Grill - Downtown DC
1200 18th Street NW
Washington, DC 20036Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Daily Grill - Downtown DC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dailygrill.com/
- Phone: 2028225282
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Sat: 11am – Close
Sun: 10am – Close
Happy Hour and Special Appetizer menu starting at $4 in the bar. Hours from 4 – 7pm Monday to Friday, 11am – 7pm on Saturday, and all day Sunday. $4 BURGER special available on Monday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Elias Hernandez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Delivery Information:
For zip codes 20008, 20015, and 20016 click here.
For all other zip codes in the DC area click here.
- Private Party Facilities: The Daily Grill - Downtown DC offers a private room seating up to 24 guests & a semi-private room seating up to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Michele Sykes 2028225282x
- Special Events: The Daily Grill - Downtown DC offers a private dining room seating up to 24 guests & a semi-private room seating up to 50 guests. Private dining menus available. Please inquire with Daily Grill DC for more information or to reserve.
A word from Daily Grill - Downtown DC
The Daily Grill is a throwback to the classic American grills of yesteryear. The Daily Grill features huge portions of classic American food at a great value. Located in the heart of the nation’s capital, this Daily Grill was the first to be opened in Washington, D.C. Just steps from Dupont Circle, it’s close to embassies, office buildings, national associations, and broadcast centers, as well as a nearby Metro station.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Daily Grill - Downtown DC reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (16)good for groups (15)neighborhood gem (12)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (6)fit for foodies (5)kid-friendly (4)special occasion (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The Daily Grill of Tyson Corner closed a few months back and the Bethesda location was not up to par. This one in DC was really great!Special Features:
- Fun DinnerELBJODined on 9/2/2014Waiter was fun. Good sense of humor. Food was good. It was fine for a quick meal and nice location downtown.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014This is an excellent meeting place for DC business. The location is close to most, the food is good. The staff is attentive but not oppressive.Special Features:
- Awesome Kale Caesar Salad!RosalynDined on 8/28/2014I had the Kale Caesar Salad with blackened salmon. It was amazing! The salmon was cooked to perfection.....not dry, but not too moist, either. Our waiter was excellent. Thanks for a very pleasant meal during a business lunch.Special Features:
- Best Place in DCDeirdreDined on 8/15/2014This restaurant is great for business and/or casual dining. The ambience and experience is always superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!!!!jcah3VIPDined on 8/1/2014I've been to the Daily Grill many times in the past but this is the first time I've chosen to write a review on Open Table. This place is great for those seeking a reasonably price restaurant that offers good food and great ambience. We dined here for dinner and as always our food was delicious. The brunch here on the weekend is awesome. A must for those (like myself) who love to explore the local restaurant scene.Special Features:
- Pretty badOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/30/2014I have eaten here 3 times. The first two were OK, but not memorable. The last time was atrocious. It was a business dinner for 2 and the service was awful. The waiter was enthusiastic, but lacked any discernible food service skills. He stumbled pretty badly through the ordering process. forgot the appetizer and when he brought the entree I reminded him we had ordered starters. He blamed the chef then ran back to fetch the grilled artichokes, which were dry and tasteless. After such an experience the proper thing to do is apologize and take the appetizer off the bill. Instead he tried to charm us with the offer of a free desert. We didn't want desert. All very awkward.
- The following 886 reviews are from the Daily Grill - Downtown DC reviews archive.
- Try the Chocolate layer cake - mmmmA20815Dined on 6/21/2014Generally good food and well prepared. Very good presentation. The server ignored us and service was very slow.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014The food was good but my date and I both felt it wasn't really worth the price the Daily Grill charged. The server was amazing and the atmosphere was energetic and fun. It was a good way to start the evening minus the overcharge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CHICKEN POT PIE.CaraBDined on 6/5/2014My favorite food on the planet? Chicken pot pir from the Daily Grill. I would attach the photos I've taken of all of my DG chickie pot pies, but I think I've eaten those, too. That's how much I love this meal. You will not find a fluffier, dome-shaped pastry atop a more succulent, creamy base ANYWHERE you look. I promise.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceCL2014Dined on 6/3/2014This was my first visit as a solo diner. I was promptly seated, had excellent service and a truly enjoyable meal. This particular Daily Grill is much louder than others I have visited but still a great place to dine.
- Local go-toFoodJunkieVIPDined on 5/18/2014I dine here usually for weekday lunch but this was my first weekend brunch. I typically take groups out for brunch. I was excited to try the brunch menu and had decided in advance what I wanted. The coffee was great! The brunch burrito was great. The only thing confusing is the menu says some egg selections you have a choice of a side and I didn't know if my option if I had a choice. Well when my burrito arrived I had a 'side' of the fried potatoes - which I would NEVER had ordered. I would have either ordered the fruit or the sliced tomatoes. I was VERY disappointed that the waiter just selected my side for me and did not even point out that neither me nor my dining partner had an option - since the menu was a vague. BUMMED!!Special Features:
- Good diningeatwellOpenTable7Dined on 5/17/2014We were at the Daily Grill on Saturday night, May 17. We were using a birthday certificate from the Daily Grill. Although the restaurant was very busy, we were treated very well. Two people had trout from the gluten free menu. One person had normal trout and one had chicken piccata. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. We were not forgotten and treated like everyday customers. We have been at the Daily Grill on 18th Street and have always found the food and service to be outstanding. All four of us would recommend this restaurant to diners. We look forward to returning.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/16/2014It took awhile to be seated and no one came to our table for about 10 minutes. The maitre 'd ignored us for a few minutes and then asked if I made the reservation on opentable, which was odd.
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/10/2014We received excellent service from our server. However, our food was barely warm and the fish was undercooked.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014The waiter had no personality. Gave no information about the menu or recommendations when we asked. Food was terrible. Fish was not cooked properly. Chicken Marsala tasted like canned gravy with mushrooms in it. Overpriced and under delivered! Would never recommend this place for food. Drinks maybe, but not food.
- Not accepting Open Table?ecoravenDined on 5/8/2014Not only did they claim they do not accept Open Table Reservations, but when I showed the gentleman who was handling reservations my confirmation he said that was for their Georgetown restaurant. I pointed out the address was the same as the one we were currently in and he simply shrugged and said it was a mistake. The food was not worth the wait either. My Caesar Salad had what tasted like Kraft parmesan cheese rather than the usual shredded or shaved cheese and the chicken was tough and dry (I took it home to my dogs). The wait staff was pleasant but extremely busy and I wasn't asked about refilling my drink until the meal was over. An unpleasant and disappointing lunch on all counts.
- Perhaps it was the locationOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/1/2014Perhaps it was the location of the table but the noise was so intrusive as to make the luncheon experience more of a challenge than a pleasure. Each of us might as well have been sitting by himself because neither could hear anything the other said.
- Solid Option In D.C.TonyDined on 3/30/2014This is a great option for a small group that was a bit more reasonable than your overpriced steakhouse option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow for groupsDinerreviewsVIPDined on 3/29/2014There were a number of large groups when there and the kitchen could not keep up. Our group's entrees were delivered in 2-3 at a time with several minutes in between. There did not seem to be anyone helping the waitress. The hostess had to get our bar order and refresh our water glasses. It seemed like they needed extra staff to help bus the tables as well. Food and drinks overall were fairly good. Only issues were a lack of seasoning on a few items.Special Features:
- Wonderful LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/27/2014The Daily Grill was a great lunch experience. The menu was diverse and the portions were perfect. The service was excellent and definitely tailored to "lunch with a time limit." Definitely on my short list for the Dupont Circle area....in fact I might look for an excuse to get back there soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunate Experience w/ HostOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/25/2014I have no plans to return to this Daily Grill location after my experience with a host at lunch today. He greeted me with something bordering on a scowl and immediately directed me to sit and wait after confirming my reservation rather than giving me the option to be seated immediately as he did others. As a professional who has lunch meeting regularly I was really disappointed in my experience at Daily Grill so much that I am writing a same day review! The hosts are the face of a restaurant and unfortunately he did the brand a major disservice by displaying a dismissive and aloof attitude. If you are looking for a consistently positive business lunch experience from beginning to end go elsewhere...you have plenty of options.
- Nothing to write home about.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/4/2014Nothing to write home about. Peanut slaw is interesting. Turkey club is a turkey club.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There were six of us for dinner.commishDined on 2/26/2014There were six of us for dinner. Everyone's food was fine except for the fish and chips which was really bad. Lots of batter no fish.Special Features:
- Daily Grill better off...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2014Well, better off for another day. Made reservation weeks before valentines day. Early mean not crowded. With a dozen open 2 person booths we were told Rhodes booths were for people that not only made a reservation bit made a reservation for a booth with their reservation. I Don't think so. Got a booth next to the noisy kitchen. Food was good, service was not good.Special Features:
- Valentines DayOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2014This was a great spot for Valentines Day Dinner without the pressure of a fixed menue. I like that I still had the option of eating from the regular menue. I also enjoyed that when the food came out it was hot and it was good. I also enjoyed that it was so very close to the redline metro so parking was not a big issue on such a busy day. I also enjoyed the fact that I did not have to yell at my date to hear him speak so it made for a very nice romantic dinner for two.Special Features:
- Poor seating. Poor service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/12/2014Overall a bad experience. Reserved a booth and was given a small booth that required the two tall guys to fold our legs under each seat. Waiter just left mid-sentence while one of us was ordering. Food then took 20 minutes to prepare (salads). Overall an unpleasant experience.
- Delicious saladsjuliehgDined on 2/11/2014I always love the salads at Daily grill...they're so yummy! Sometimes the service can be lacking but it's usually not terrible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/7/2014I went here for dinner with a group of 6 people before an event and the service was ridiculously slow. We waited 45 minutes to receive our first drink and the restaurant was completely empty. When the food finally came it was good, but overpriced and not worth the wait.
- NOTHING distinctive about itOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/29/2014This place has completely unimaginative food, and they manage to do a consistently mediocre job of everything they do.
- Our server was clearly inexperienceDCFoodieVIPDined on 1/24/2014Our server was clearly inexperienced and quite timid and not very helpful. The food was good, but not great.
- Very good stuffNickDined on 1/22/2014Best part of this restaurant: the service. Everyone working there was extremely accommodating and really cared about our experience and our food. My fiancé was especially impressed with the ambience attention to her gluten free needs. Since she has celiac, it's hard enough to even find a place that cares about keeping your food wheat free. This place went above and beyond our expectations for this! We loved the atmosphere and location. The windows were wide enough to let in warm ambient light while not letting in the clamor of busy DC streets. 4 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service has gotten slow latelyjoeyVIPDined on 1/8/2014I come to Daily Grill often - the food is good and consistent, it's across from my office, and usually it's fast. Lately, however, the service has been slow. What's going on?! Thanks.I would recommend this to a friend.
- kid-friendly, unfortunatelyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/2/2014Met a colleague here for dinner after work. The service was lovely and the food just fine. But when did Daily Grill become the go-to for families with rambunctious little kids? I dined with the background noise of screaming children, who finally got so energized their parents let them just run around the dining room, shrieking. Not the management's fault, obviously, but not a place for a quiet meal, either. I will pay $70 for dinner somewhere other than Daily Grill Gymboree.Special Features:
- New Years Day ServiceBEG2Dined on 1/1/2014Service was somewhat slow, but it is probably due to it being New Years Day. It seemed like our waiter had a lot of tables to cover. There was also some confusion over our drink order. However, we were not charged for the drinks and our waiter was friendly throughout the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, but the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Food was good, but the service was lacking. The service was a bare minimum. Food was a bit over priced as well.
- A Great Washington ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/30/2013Daily's is a wonderful choice of DC restaurants from excellent service and food to convenient location and reasonable prices. It is consistently good in all respectsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't have enough wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/26/2013Didn't have enough wait staff -- service was slow, we initially got someone else's order delivered to us and then they forgot to remove one of the other table's items from our bil.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Understaffed for the evening,1224Dined on 12/24/2013Understaffed for the evening, which led to very unattentive and poor service. Restaurant was also very cold.
- Excellent restaurant for family.lewsDined on 12/24/2013Excellent restaurant for family. Had reservation one day and went back another day. very reasonably price. Filled soft drinks for children continuously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.