Daily Grill - Studio City
12050 Ventura Blvd.
Studio City, CA 91604Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Daily Grill - Studio City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dailygrill.com/
- Phone: 8187696336
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 11:30am – 9:30pm
Tuesday: 11:30am – 9:30pm
Wednesday: 11:30am – 10:00pm
Thursday: 11:30am – 10:00pm
Friday: 11:30am – 10:30pm
Saturday: 11:00am – 10:30pm (brunch served until 3pm)
Sunday: 10:30am – 9:30pm (brunch served until 3pm)
Happy Hour and Special Appetizer menu starting at $3 in the bar. Hours from 4 – 7pm Daily. $4 BURGER special available on Monday.
Wednesday: 1/2 off all bottled wines (4-close)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jorge Lopez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We provide a wide selection of catering platters which can be delivered or picked up. A 15% delivery charge will be applied to all delivery catering orders.
- Private Party Facilities: We can section off a section of the patio for a private event. We will need at least one week notice to coordinate
- Private Party Contact: Manager 8187696336
- Special Events: Daily Grill Private Rooms are available for all your event needs from business meeting to rehearsal dinners.
A word from Daily Grill - Studio City
Located on the second floor of the Laurel Promenade Shopping Center, at the corner of Ventura Blvd. and Laurel Canyon Blvd. Complimentary underground valet parking can be accessed from either Laurel Canyon or Ventura Blvd. Studio City Daily Grill is just minutes from Burbank, Toluca Lake, and Universal City. Modeled after the great big city grills of the 30s and 40s, Daily Grill serves traditional American fare. Featuring Genuine Angus Steaks and Chops, Fresh Seafood, Classic Cobb and Caesar Salads, Meat Loaf with Mashed Potatoes, Chicken Pot Pie and not-to-be-missed Desserts, all served in a sophisticated yet casual atmosphere by servers that really care about the guest's experience. We also boast the best Martini, Happy Hour and Wine List in town. In addition to dine in, we offer take out, delivery and a wide selection of catering platters.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Daily Grill - Studio City reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)fit for foodies (3)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)special occasion (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Like Old TimesBirthdayGirlDined on 6/25/2014Daily Grill's high standards live on at the Studio City location! In recent years, the service and food at the soon-to-close Brentwood location have been a great disappointment, but it was just like old times at Studio City this week. Superb service, generous portions, excellent ambience. Our server Terry redeemed our faith in the Daily Grill.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/23/2014This restaurant is being dropped from Open Table since they are starting up their own reservations system. Open Table should drop them entirely. Instead of denying me the time I wanted, they should have sent me an email telling me to use the restaurant's reservation system. I was denied a 6pm time and took 5:30. I walked into an empty restaurant at 5:30 and couldn't believe my eyes. The hostess told me that since they are leaving Open Table, that Open Table doesn't release the prime times so as to not duplicate reservations. This still didn't work for me since it made me look like an idiot to my guest that I had said that we couldn't dine at 6pm due to the restaurant being booked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so hot on a warm eveningjoyousVIPDined on 6/4/2014Stop by and usually enjoy their sand dabs. Must have been an off night Fish was served without capers and potatoes were cold Bread was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 562 reviews are from the Daily Grill - Studio City reviews archive.
- Always a favoriteAuntidirDined on 5/24/2014Everything we ordered was excellent. I especially loved the trout almandine. Fresh and meaty. Delicious.my husband had chicken pot pie Which is always so special. A little noisy as a large group near us, but ambience is like a NewYork Grill.Special Features:
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 5/24/2014Not a lot of healthy choices. Their salads were nothing to rave about, and the dressings were not good.Special Features:
- Dinning before PlayScubagirlDined on 5/17/2014My friend and I have been going to the Daily Grill before attending the various plays at the Ahmanson or Pantages Theaters for years. They always accomodate our need to leave in time for the respective venue. Food is always good and Rick is our favorite server who tends to our needs almost before we know what we need. Food Good - house wine good - service excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent place to eat!bhDRVIPDined on 5/16/2014This is a great place for business lunches. The staff is always attentive, the food is always excellent and the prices are great. I come here often and recommend it to colleagues when they're looking for a place to meet for lunch. Never disappoints!Special Features:
- Bad bad badmrslarryDined on 5/11/2014We reserved a week in advance for Mother's Day dinner at 6:30. Arrived on time, and the hostess said "You reserved online. We don't have booths for five people." I was taken aback because I thought they would call or email me with this information prior to our arrival. When I asked where they planned to seat us she pointed to a tiny table at the very front, next to her station. I called my husband over to intervene and when he said we should go to Loteria Grill next door suddenly a (slightly) better table appeared. They made us wait for 20 minutes before seating us when clearing a dirty table should take 5 minutes at the most. Terrible treatment for mediocre food. We won't be returning and I am warning everyone i know about this dump
- Feel SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014From the hostess to the server, every thing was nice, friendly and good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/9/2014All four of us enjoyed the evening- tried a different iten and it was good enough that I'll order next time-Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedFoodiekatzDined on 5/9/2014Went for a lunch meeting and it was great. Food, service and ambience was perfect. Would recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JerseyGirlDined on 5/4/2014So happy to stop by while I was back in town visiting. I love Daily Grill!Special Features:
- Enjoyed the mealMartyDined on 5/3/2014We went to the Daily Grill for dinner. The choices on the menu are quite diverse and we enjoyed the meal.
- Regular customer disappointedmusicbeaterDined on 4/27/20145 reserved for lunch. Table didn't have chairs service rather slow albeit friendly Food hastily prepared the noise level is unacceptable I have been a customer since the early 90s Just not up to snuff and ridiculously loud Was a favoriteSpecial Features:
- Great choiceHappydinerDined on 4/25/2014The reservation was honored on time. The hosts accommodated our table request. Everyone in our party of 4 had a special request. Everything was great, except the balsamic vinegar dressing. Two of us did not like it. But the waiter brought several others to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PegNYCDined on 4/23/2014Daily Grill is on a downhill slide - the food is worse and the prices are higher than ever. The courses are served too quickly, I guess they want to turn the tables one more time. Our waiter became arrogant when we mentioned the fast service - it will be a while before we return and we usually have dinner there once a week.
- DisappointedluckyDined on 4/20/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants. Must have been an off night because the meatloaf was dry, the fries were not hot or crisp. We will try again because we have been going here for years.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your everyday Daily GrillfabrandtDined on 4/17/2014The food was excellent, and the service very friendly. There was something for everyone, and it was comfortable for conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- TaraTaraVIPDined on 4/17/2014I love the food but the prices have become out of step with the type of restaurant it is, and the portion of the salmon has been cut in half. In short, it's overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsHilktopDined on 4/12/2014I love Daily Grill. My husband and I are very picky and we have been going to the Daily Grill for 25 years.Special Features:
- Good for lunchbgnsoVIPDined on 4/2/2014Had lunch here recently and really enjoyed my meal. They have a 600 calorie menu that has many good selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great meal and hadOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/27/2014We had a great meal and had the BEST service that we've had in a loooong time!! Nicole is a keeper!! She was fantastic. She anticipated our needs and took great care of us!! We will come back again and hopefully she can be our server again!!Special Features:
- Always consistentOsprey4356VIPDined on 3/24/2014The food is always good, service always attentive. This is our go-to place for anytime!Special Features:
- Good!cmstDined on 3/24/2014The food was fresh, the calamari was cooked perfectly. I enjoyed it!Special Features:
- Very Poor BurgerKennyDined on 3/20/2014We visit this Daily Grill at least once a month and usually have a very good meal. This time we were 1 out of 2. My friend had the salad/pot pie lunch combo and both were great. I had one of the worst Hamburgers ever. The meat was way overcooked and dry.....the lettuce was wilted....the tomato was mealy and tasteless. Horrible. If it weren't for time restraints, I would have sent it back.Special Features:
- NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/15/2014Noise Level was such that our party could not hear one another.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken Pot Pie From HeavenSaffi2050VIPDined on 3/13/2014Like all their food, the chicken pot pie is fabulous. I just love this restaurant - all of the Daily Grills are of such a reliably high standard. Menu is great, food & wine are great, good service - what's not to love?Special Features:
- Like a comfortable pair of jeanspaul1938Dined on 3/10/2014We seem to go here for special occasions, birthdays, anniversies, etc. Even though there are fancier places. I guess the food is always as expected. My wife gets to scold me for eating too much of the bread, but she's been doing that for 52 years. We find that our friends seem to be picking it also, most likely for the same reasons, it just fits.Special Features:
- LackingGabrielaDined on 2/27/2014This was the first time we had dinned at the Daily Grill in Studio City, as our party had only experienced the food from the Daily Grill next to Bob Hope. The restaurant at Studio City looked nice and the people were friendly, but that is all that this restaurant had to offer. Let's start with the drinks...two of us had the Arnold Palmer, which tasted like stale water with a hint of lemonade. The appetizers were lacking seasoning and the shrimp tasted like it was old with a weird smell. If you want to have a good dining experience, drive a little longer and dine at the Daily Grill near the Burbank Airport and not this place. This place should reconsider what the main objective of a restaurant is.Special Features:
- Mixed MessagewelmarDined on 2/22/2014The hostess was very pleasant. Food was tasty. The issue was the waitress who always seemed to be in an extreme hurry.Special Features:
- First time I've been thererleeVIPDined on 2/20/2014First time I've been there for lunch and it was nice but noisy. Food is consistently good. Make a reservation because it is popular!Special Features:
- There's good and bad about it!GoldenLeicaDined on 2/15/2014The good -- the good is tasty. But what I really liked was the menu section for plates with 600 calories or less. It can be so difficult to go out to eat and not put on the pounds. The bad -- it's so dark it's hard to read the menu. A man at the next table used the flashlight app on his phone to read the menu. He tilted his phone so that blinding light was always in my eyes. I had to ask the waiter to talk with him about it, and then I got a real dirty look. The bad -- the restaurant is very loud, and it's hard to have a good conversation. if you can, ask for a seat on the patio (if the weather is nice).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DissapointedCandiKDined on 2/14/2014The food is consistently excellent. the menu has something for everyone. We always have an enjoyable time and love coming with friends who have never been and they also end up being regulars......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Valentine TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Upon entering we were greeted warmly and immediately shown to our reserved table. Our waiter (Steve) was both attentive and prompt with drinks and food orders. The food presentation was lovely and all in all it was indeed a Valentine Treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice business lunchGrantDined on 2/14/2014Fit the bill for exactly what we needed for a casual business lunch. Thanks.Special Features:
- Good food in the neighborhoodSusanDined on 2/12/2014I always liked the Daily Grill -- they have a good menu and nice ambience. I'm glad that they started a Simply 600 menu -- calories fewer than 600. Good choices. I had the smaller hamburger (smaller bun) with tomatoes, onions and lettuce -- really delicious. It comes with fruit rather than french fries. Yum My cousin had a crabcake appetizer which she really liked and we both had the gazpacho which was really good. Not spicy. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best TroutMellyVIPDined on 2/11/2014So this is the 3rd time I've ordered the trout. I must really like it! We love to sit outside because it is much quieter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousPlaywright55VIPDined on 2/7/2014Daily Grill is one of those restaurants where you can eat almost anything you want. Great menu, prices, food and old world ambiance. We used are $20 open table check to dine. Oh and the bread is to die for fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved it and serivce was great.NYtravelerVIPDined on 2/3/2014loved it and serivce was great. servers were attentive and kind.Special Features:
- I always enjoy going to theOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/26/2014I always enjoy going to the Daily Grill; the food is always good as is the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.