Daily Grill - Seattle
629 Pike Street
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Daily Grill - Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dailygrill.com/
- Phone: 2066248400
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: daily, 6am-11am
Lunch: daily, 11am-4pm
Dinner: daily, 4pm-11pm
Happy Hour and Special Appetizer menu starting at $4 in the bar. Hours from 4-7pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Christina Conner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We feature 2 Private Dining Rooms with dark wood, fireplace and white table cloth seating. Each room can accommodate up to 25-30 people or the rooms can be combined for parties of 40-60. Prix Fixe menus, Full Bar, and Extensive wine list all available. Please contact the restaurant for further information.
- Private Party Contact: Danny 2066248400
- Special Events: Private Dining spaces are available for up to 75 sit down (100 reception).
A word from Daily Grill - Seattle
Conveniently located on the corner of Pike Street and 7th Avenue, adjacent to the Sheraton and across the street from the Washington State Convention Center. Daily Grill is within walking distance to Paramount, ACT, 5th Avenue Theatre District and great shopping. The large menu and comfortable décor makes Daily Grill Seattle the place in Seattle’s downtown shopping corridor to enjoy great food and artesan cocktailModeled after the great big city grills of the 30s and 40s, Daily Grill serves traditional American fare. Featuring Genuine Angus Steaks and Chops, Fresh Seafood, Classic Cobb and Caesar Salads, Meat Loaf with Mashed Potatoes, Chicken Pot Pie and not-to-be-missed Desserts, all served in a sophisticated yet casual atmosphere by servers that really care about the guest's experience. We also boast the best Martini and Happy Hour in town, and an extensive wine list is available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Daily Grill - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
- Buttery SalmonPennyDined on 5/1/2014If you love a perfectly cooked Salmon, this is the place for you.Special Features:
- Not very Seattle, but goodmghartDined on 4/28/2014The only reason I can't recommend Daily Grill is because there are so many Seattle-specific restaurants nearby. Daily Grill, being a national chain, lacks any of the flavor that makes Seattle a great food town. (And really, no self-respecting Northwest restaurant has "Atlantic salmon" on the menu.) Still, it's good enough in a pinch or when you don't really care.Special Features:
- FoodieVIPDined on 4/28/2014My favorite Manhattan Clam Chowder was over peppered. Please add shaved cheese to the Caesar Salad vs. the mill grind type of Cheese. I think if you added more salads, you would have more business lunches. The bread is always great. The Angel Hair Pasta is always right on spot.Special Features:
- Very DisappointingKerryVIPDined on 4/26/2014This is the third bad experience I've had at this restaurant - twice in the restaurant and once in the bar. The service is very slow - we waited 10-12 minutes before we were greeted by our service. Kitchen was slow, food was bland and they got the order wrong. Second time I have been served lousy fruit with the meal. I live 2 blocks away and eat out often. I will not go back.
- Theatre diningMartyDined on 4/25/2014And, per the waiter, a discount is applied if one is dining before the theatre! Across the street from the show and good food 'n service to boot!Special Features:
- Lunch at Daily GrillJudyDined on 4/24/2014My friend and I meet at Daily Grill before going to plays at ACT. Daily Grill has a sophisticated, yet relaxed atmosphere that makes us think of dining in New York. We've always enjoy our lunches and drinks at Daily Grill, and the service is excellent. We can relax, yet still have plenty of time to make it to our play.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what we needed!CocoDined on 4/23/2014We needed a quiet time to re-connect and catch-up, and enjoy good food with unobtrusive service. The Grill was a perfect choice!Special Features:
- LoveSohoVIPDined on 4/20/2014Brunch was fine. Nothing wrong, but just fine. The more breakfast choices at the brunch buffet were much better than the lunch options, but it was just fine
- OK for BrunchCrzybuffal0Dined on 4/20/2014It was OK, not great. The service was a bit rough around the edges.Special Features:
- Easter Sunday BrunchSeattleNewbieDined on 4/20/2014Overall nice brunch. Liked that there were kid friendly selections on the buffet. Made-to-order (waffles and omelettes) and prepared foods were very good. Broad range of food items. Less impressed with bakery items such as muffins and bagels. Similar to what is found on most hotel included breakfasts. Service started off promptly but lagged as the meal progressed. Plates sat a while before being cleared and beverages needing refills were not addressed. Most tables were occupied but it did not seem extremely busy during the 11am - 1 pm time frame.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- most forgetful wait staff EVEROpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014like, no offer of cream with coffee.. forgot my drink at dinner after long tequila discussion. ate there a number of times consistently poor. Really? yeah !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before theatre dinnerDinnerDined on 4/19/2014We had an excellent experience. Although the entry was crowded with people from the convention center on break for dinner, we were seated immediately at the time of our reservation. The waiter was pleasant, prompt, well-informed. The beverages and food arrived in a reasonable time, everything was prepared as requested, the waiter checked back after the entrees were served and again later when he refilled our drinks. My husband had his favorite dish there - the trout almondine which he thoroughly enjoyed. I usually have the simply grilled salmon (which is always excellent) but this time I ordered the chicken piccata and was very pleased that it was really tender and flavorful. We frequently dine here before theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the value it wasBaennDined on 4/5/2014My wife, my Father and I. Dinner before the symphony. We often eat here before going to the symphony. 3-4 times a year. Service was good. The food was closer to "Average" than Good. Not as good as in the past. Not quite the value it used to be. But still enjoyable. Perhaps an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delicious, convenient dinnerCPowellVIPDined on 3/28/2014We escaped a convention across the street a little early, and were seatedhalf an hour before the time of our reservation. We really enjoyed our meal, with the loaded Mac & cheese being a standout. The real star was the service,mReggie was one of the best waiters we have ever had! I heard other tables comment on their superior service, as well, so make sure you visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timers will returnMdinerDined on 3/28/2014We dined here for a date night before seeing a show at The Paramount. I was hesitant to reserve, thinking that it would be too casual for a special evening. Boy was I wrong. Although it is not stuffy, the ambiance was perfect. Great atmosphere for a casual meal or something nicer. Reggie was our server and took care of us during our dining experience. He was most professional, but personal as well. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TravisVIPDined on 3/28/2014We had breakfast at the Grill the morning of a convention across the street. It was clear that the volume of people was to much for the Daily Grill. Food preperation took well over 45 minutes and some was cold when it arrived at the table. The saving grace was the wait staff. Allthough they too were busy our waitress noticed our three hungry, impatient children and brought a plate of snacks out for them with her apology. I would give the Grill a second chance but not on a busy day.Special Features:
- Solid choicepir8teDined on 3/26/2014Service was very good food flavorful very nice experienceSpecial Features:
- Great spot before the theatrechurchladyDined on 3/19/2014We received a 15% discount since we were attending "The Lion King" after dinner, a pleasant surprise. The trout, sole (a special that evening) and bread were delicious and served in a timely manner. The salmon burger wasn't a filet but still tasty. Side dishes (rice, mashed potatoes, asparagus and baby broccoli) were good, also, although the broccoli could have used a touch of seasoning. Overall, a very good dinner and we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Fans of The Daily GrillFoxyDined on 3/18/2014This Seattle location is relatively new as compared to the location in Palm Desert that is highly popular an a long-standing favorite. While the food and the ambiance is up to par with it's older "sister" restaurant, the service has a ways to go to attain the long lasting excellent reputation enjoyed by the Palm Desert location. We will not give up on this location but hope to see improvement in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night at the TheatreCharlotteDined on 3/15/2014This has been an ideal spot to dine on theatre nights because of it's location and we have enjoyed it in the past, however the last two times we've been there the service has been fair to poor and this last visit ended with us being late to the theatre when our reservation was and hour and a half before curtain. We told our waiter we needed to be out in time and he assured us he would accommodate our schedule, however we had to ask twice for a wine list, twice for the check and he was so overwhelmed with all the tables he had to service that he was not able to focus on anyone's needs. In the future we will find another restaurant to reserve mealtime when we have season tickets to the performances.Special Features:
- Wonderful Daily Grill!Marc191VIPDined on 3/15/2014We've been to the Daily Grill numerous times over the years, and they never disappoint. ...and, as the name suggests, they are masters at grilled food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Selection of FoodUsherDined on 3/14/2014We dined at the Daily Grill with a restaurant voucher from a Travelzoo hotel deal. I had never eaten here but would definitely return! Happy hour has $2 off beers and discounted specialty cocktails as well as food specials. We then moved to the main dining room and I enjoyed a top-notch hamburger, The rest of my party enjoyed all of their meals as well.Special Features:
- Consistently great!VissidarteVIPDined on 3/12/2014Who can go wrong with a plethora of menu choices, food well prepared and beautifully presented? Top this with a fine manager and kind servers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for theateraWRYDined on 2/21/2014Daily Grill has become our go-to dining before theater. This was our 4th dinner there, and each has consistently featured impeccable entrees. This time I had the filet mignon with gorgonzola herb topping, which was cooked perfectly as expected. I was surprised by the beef gravy which surrounded it (somewhat salty, probably due to the gorgonzola combination), but it was a great combination with the mashed potato-spinach side. My wife enjoyed the brick-flattened chicken (one of their signature dishes), which was yet again excellent. We appreciate their removal of the bones from the breast portion; leaving it attached to the wing drumette makes carving easy. She also loved the spinach with caramelized onion side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daily GrillzagmomDined on 2/17/2014We have visited the Daily Grill several times, and have found it to be an enjoyable experience each time. Wonderful food, drinks and ambience right in the middle of Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedBellinghamgirlVIPDined on 2/17/2014I eat out fairly often, and my biggest complaint with this restaurant is that the service and food in no way lived up to the prices charged. It was up there in cost with restaurants with far superior food and service. Took 25 minutes to get a cocktail made after ordering, the "special" house grilled chicken was uninspired, one in our group had totally overcooked chicken parm, and worst with service was that they served 3 out of our party of 4 when they didn't have the last dish done. Just save it all in the kitchen until it can all come out at once next time. We all sat looking at our food for another 10 minutes until they served hers, that's just etiquette 101. Anyhow, this us not a restaurant I'd return to or recommend.
- The food was pretty good andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014The food was pretty good and so was the service. But unfortunately I ordered a good wine specifically for the 2009 vintage and when the waiter opened the bottle and served it to me to taste, he then informed me he decided to give us the 2007 bottle. Although a small mistake and he thought he was doing us a favor, I did want the 2009Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014I loved the updated yet classic atmosphere and menu, all the wait staff were very attentive, the food was great. We ordered the prix fixe menu with caesar salad to start, filet mignon with lobster tail, and cheese cake for dessert. My partner also had a lovely cucumber tequila cocktail and I had a glass of pinot grigio which was very good. Everything was cooked perfectly. We had a lovely time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We ended up showing up an hour plus early for our reservation on valentines day. The host got us in quickly and was able to get us a decent table. Jake, our waiter was all over it. We got our drinks and orders in quickly. After that the food started flowing with no lag at all between courses. Neither of us is a huge lobster fan, but the filet and tail meal was exceptional. I expected to get way worse service on such a busy day and was very surprised when we didn't. We even made the comment to each other about how happy we were to not have gone across the street to a place that rhymes with the he's cake shactory. Very good experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great occasion dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Took my girlfriend out for valentines day dinner, was running late called in and was able to push our reservations back. Table was ready when we arrived, quiet dark lite place great atmospher. Waiter was nice and quick to the table, food was phenomenal no complaints from this restaurant. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I had a great time with my girlfriend for valentines day and I would definitely eat here again. Great food and great service it was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Healthy Options a PlusOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/9/2014Eating out with a family member that is watching his weight and eating much healthier is very difficult. The 600 calorie options on this menu were the reason we decided to eat here. All the food was outstanding, including the lower calorie option we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refined comfort foodSmile247Dined on 2/7/2014Upscale comfort food in a modern but cozy scene. The crusty bread is amazing (just listen to the crack as you break the bread) and the chicken pot pie is a more refined version of a classic (I recommend splitting it - it's rich!) Great cocktails and wine selection, and nicely located to walk to theaters, shopping, and hotels. This was my third visit and I've never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast with 700,000 of my friendjabberDined on 2/5/20142/5/14 Seahawks parade day! Made res. for 7:45AM. We were to our table by 7:50AM. The staff had a long day ahead of them, yet took the time needed. Both the service and food were worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the pork chop!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/4/2014i have had it before, but tuesday it was especially tender and yummy. i took half of my dinner home and had it last night. i was worried that reheating it would change the texture and flavor, but it didn't. soooo good! and your creamed spinach is to die!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daily Grill Doesn't DisappointIamAmiDDined on 1/26/2014The food is always delicious. The service is always outstanding.Special Features:
- We got the Daily Grill goftAttiOttiDined on 1/25/2014We got the Daily Grill goft card for Christmas. I ordered the meatloaf but was somewhat dissappointed as it was pretty dry. The dessert- the fudge brownie with carmel and chocolate sauce and pecans made my meal so much better. Would get this dessert again. My husband had the Tuscan Brick Chicken which was very good and I will probably get that next time. We also ordered sweet potato fries which were also very good. Service here is very attentive although, they did forget to bring out utensils when they brought the dessert out and we had to flag down someone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must have been a bad dayDateNightVIPDined on 1/15/2014The restaurant was not busy (we arrived at 11:15), yet it took a long time to order (seemed like there was no wait staff). When the food arrived, it was wrong. Amazing since all three of us requested the same French Dip lunch (one was missing the onion topping and the bread seemed old and very dry). Icing on the cake, the bill was also wrong (added extra beverages that were not ordered or received). Having eaten there often, this is not typical, but there are so many amazing restaurants in Seattle this makes it hard to return.
- Brunch on early saturdaycarlosbDined on 1/11/2014Good mimosas and bloody mary. Service and food a bit slow, but once it gets to the table, food was good. Would return as it is across the street from the conf center.
- Great evening outCharlotteDined on 1/4/2014We ate at the Daily Grill before seeing a production at the Paramount Theatre. Service was good and we weren't rushed but made it to the show in plenty of time. Service was a little slow, but overall, great experience.Special Features: