Daily Grill - Santa Monica
2501 Colorado Ave. Suite 190
Santa Monica, CA 90404Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Daily Grill - Santa Monica
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dailygrill.com/
- Phone: 3103092170
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday 5:00pm – 10:00pm
Happy Hour and Special Appetizer menu starting at $4 in the bar. Hours from 4 – 7pm Monday – Friday; 5 – 10pm Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Phil Kastel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We feature take-out and delivery service to the surrounding community, as well as Catering Platters To-Go for your office party needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Two private rooms available, 30 guests each room.
- Private Party Contact: Manager (310) 309-2170
- Special Events: Daily Grill Santa Monica has private dining rooms for private events. The rooms can accomodate groups of 15 to 80 guests. Please call the restaurant for additional information.
A word from Daily Grill - Santa Monica
The Santa Monica Daily Grill is located between Cloverfield Boulevard and 26th Street in the Colorado Center. Conveniently located near the heart of Santa Monica’s music and entertainment industry headquarters and adjacent to the quiet residential neighborhood, this Daily Grill is the perfect place for your business lunch or family dinner. Private Dining Rooms may be reserved for 20 to 60 guests for business meetings, luncheons or for celebrating special occasions. We feature “take-out” or “delivery service” to the surrounding community, as well as “Catering Platters To-Go” for your office party needs. A children’s menu is available in addition to our signature cocktails, fine wines and premium beers. Complimentary parking (3 hours with validation) is provided under the restaurant in the Colorado Center Parking Garage. Curbside valet service is available on Colorado Avenue just a few steps from the front door of the restaurant. All major credit cards accepted.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Daily Grill - Santa Monica reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (10)neighborhood gem (8)special occasion (7)good for groups (7)vibrant bar scene (7)fit for foodies (3)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- consistently goodgtaylor57VIPDined on 6/27/2014Daily Grill's food is always good - service is good as well. My server was training another but all went just fine!
- Never going BackOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/14/2014Hearing that the Brentwood location was going to close, we tried the Santa Monica location again- Both the service and food were horrible- we have tried the Santa Monica location before and thought the same but wanted to give it a second go- we supported the Brentwood location for at least the last 7 years, almost going once a week- we will be sad when it is gone- Do not waste your money on the Santa Monica location- good bye Daily Grill
- Use to be a top spot, not anymoreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014THE WORST EVER !! It is hard to put this in writing as this has always been a go to place. The server was so high strung he made all of us nervous and made the dinning experience awful. We waited 30 minutes just for glasses of water after asking 3 or 4 times. The food was POOR at best, the table was never cleared after appetizers, and it took the manager 10 minutes to come to our table. When she did arrive she looked like a deer in the headlights and was clueless about an email for their frequent dinner program. Really sad state of affairs, and they are closing Brentwood location which will only make this location go downhill even faster .
- lots of food for a pricelovefood77Dined on 6/14/2014I've been coming here for years the one thing I have noticed is the waitstaff changes quite often. We came here for father's day they had advertised wild salmon. I'm not a fish expert but I question that looked a little too pink. I had a New Year steak cooked perfect. We had a waiter he said it was his first week and it showed took a while for refills then asked if we needed anything and said he had 3 tables and wasn't sure when he would get back to us. Overall a good experience but I've had better experiences here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- inadequate service personnelPANDPVIPDined on 6/12/2014slow and unorganized service. receptionist missing half the time, inadequate seating and service in the bar area and equally poor in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Bad service ruined a family dinnerCatosaurusDined on 6/7/2014I've been dining at the Daily Grill in Santa Monica for many years, and had been consistently happy with its food and the quality of the service. However, that was always on a week night. This time, we went on a Saturday night: 5 of us to celebrate my mother's birthday. The service was terrible. First, our server didn't bring a straw for my mother's drink (and he disappeared so that we couldn't ask for one). Then he forgot one of our salads (when reminded, he had to pull the order from his pocket to check that we weren't mistaken). Then he brought the wrong food to one person, and didn't return with the correct dish until the rest of us were half-finished. Sadly, at no time did he apologize or acknowledge his errors. Disappointing.
- Not during the weekrangodogVIPDined on 6/5/2014Unless you are in to a lot of noise, the Daily Grill in Santa Monica is best visited on a Saturday. I ordered the fish and chips and was very disappointed...much more breading than fish...Although sweet potato fries were fabulous. Service was very good but not great. Perhaps they were just to busy. Wait staff was very nice just seemed to have their mind elsewhere. There are many office buildings in the area and this seems to be the place to go after work for bar food and drinks...so noisy couldn't hear the person across the table talk. On Saturdays, it is much quieter. I was surprised when they said they didn't take Open Table anymore and didn't know I had a reservation.Special Features:
- The following 433 reviews are from the Daily Grill - Santa Monica reviews archive.
- shopperVIPDined on 5/23/2014It was very crowded and noisy on this visit. Our server took our orders and it seem an extremely long time to get our food. She came over twice and said it was on its way. When we finally got our food, it was as good as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty restaurantNoisetteDined on 5/17/2014Very good restaurant for dinner, very tasty, good wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always tastyLunchWFriendsVIPDined on 5/17/2014If you haven't tried the meatloaf or turkey pot pie, you need to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner as usualMTSMVIPDined on 5/14/2014I tried the grilled trout from the 600 calorie menu. So simple, so delicious. Wife had blackened tilapia. Fantastic texture and flavor. Also had gazpacho and field greens salad. All excellent. Sounds weird, but view of Colorado Ave. from the window booths is really nice because Water Garden business complex is across the way.Special Features:
- A Casual Good BetLuv2dineVIPDined on 5/12/2014We always enjoy the Daily Grill although the menu is slightly limited for my wife who is vegetarian. This particular night the pork chop had a strange texture (usually excellent). The bread is always great. Trout, artichoke and Caesar Salad were all enjoyable. Service excellent and caring. The atmosphere at this particular Daily Grill (Santa Monica) is much better than the location on San Vicente in Brentwood.
- A favorite restaurantGourmeterVIPDined on 5/10/2014Trout always excellent. Service great as usual. We will always return.
- Daily Grill -- our kinda' placePatMarguliesVIPDined on 4/29/2014The Daily Grill is place we eat at nearly, well, dare I write it?, DAILY. It offers a fine menu and excellent servers.Special Features:
- Always goodgtaylor57VIPDined on 4/23/2014Always spot on. And they take really good care of you --- plus for Admin Professionals Day, they gave you a $20 gift card. It was a really nice touch!Special Features:
- Daily Grill -- our kinda' placePatMarguliesVIPDined on 4/22/2014We were here again -- and will be again -- and continue to enjoy the menu, the people, the service, etc. Thanks, Daily Grill!!Special Features:
- old standbypatsyDined on 4/19/2014For us it's a reliably good neighborhood restaurant. They reward us regulars with discounts and perks. The Cobb salad is always the best around, the freshly ground 1/2 pound angus burger is excellent and always cooked the way you order it, and the service is friendly and consistent. They have a 600 calorie menu that is actually quite decent and the waiter recommended a pinot noir that turned out to be excellent.Special Features:
- Great 3-Course Special!RobJonDined on 4/17/2014The April special for Daily Grill preferred guests (just sign-up) is wonderful. Started with a Caesar Salad (asked for anchovies at no extra charge), entree of Filet medallions--mashed potatoes/spinach, and a delicious blackberry-raspberry-apple cobbler a la mode for dessert...all for $27.50. House wines by the glass for this special are $5. I enjoyed a delicious cab. Our server, Pam, was professional, yet friendly. All in all, a great outing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Predictably lovely!BabsmithDined on 4/14/2014Having been here many times before, it was, once again, a great dining experience. Since it was Passover, it was considerably less crowded and more quiet and is its typical ambience. The simply 600 menu choices are the reason we continue to return. We love having the large variety and healthful options for only 600 calories!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daily Grill -- our kinda' placePatMarguliesVIPDined on 4/14/2014We visit the Daily Grill in Santa Monica AT LEAST once a week... we have the wonderfulness of seeing our friends, the servers and staff, at the Daily Grill. We think of them as friends because they are marvelous to us ... especially Jim W. -- always makes our day! Thanks for the great folks and good food.Special Features:
- I have been to this restaurantshopperVIPDined on 4/12/2014I have been to this restaurant many times and always enjoyed the food and service. However, this visit was different. The food was as good as usual. The service was not. We had a server in training (his first day/night) as he told us. He did not know much about the menu and had to ask his trainer several times. We waited long waits between ordering and getting questions asked and food delivery and plated being cleared from the table. I am sure after he learns the ropes, he will do fine, but I really think in training servers should know more before being placed before customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at the grillOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/7/2014Great place, great food and would recommend it but next time I will request a quiet area to eat and try to conduct business, almost too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome serviceRegularDined on 4/5/2014We alwayshave great service here but this time it was better than ever Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daily Grill -- our kinda' placePatMarguliesVIPDined on 4/1/2014Do you know why I think the Daily Grill IS "our kind of place"? Because we eat here at least once a week; we bring our friends here; we have a fine time always at the Daily Grill. Thanks to everybody for always making our visits special and delicious.Special Features:
- Cobb salad not what it used to betravelerVIPDined on 4/1/2014It was mostly lettuce with little dressing, chicken, blue cheese or egg. Disappointing. Took almost 15 minutes to get the bread because a catering order had depleted the bread supply. This is a busy restaurant that should be better managed.
- Great Place to DineBudthefish1Dined on 3/29/2014The Daily Grill was a great place to dine. The Blackened Ahi Salad and the Wedge Salad were both outstanding. The filet with blue cheese was excellent. I thought the meat loaf feel a little short of what I expected. The Tuscan Chicken was quite good. Desserts were adequate but not exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Coupons are great!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/29/2014We really look forward to getting our birthday coupons as there are really no Daily Grills in our immediate neighborhood. Getting the coupon gives us a reason to celebrate out of our normal routine. Food and service are consistently very good and there is something on the menu for everyone (from grandparents to grand teens). We also happened to be in San Francisco recently and went to the one at Union Square for St. Patrick's Day corn beef and cabbage. Huge meal that we shared! It's great to know that one can go into a Daily Grill anywhere and expect to get the same quality food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daily Grill - we appreciate youPatMarguliesVIPDined on 3/25/2014We always have a good time at the Daily Grill in Santa Monica .. the servers are always excellent and the rest of the staff too.Special Features:
- Always goodrangodogVIPDined on 3/22/2014My friend and I shared a Caesar salad and pepper steak. More than enough for two. They are always so nice and allow you to change the sides that come with your meal. We had garlic mashed potatoes, thankfully made with red skin potatoes and sautéed spinach. The food is always good...close to home cooking. Service is usually always good. Our waiter was great until we finished our meal, then we sat for 15 minutes before he noticed us and cleared the table. Perhaps he was assigned to many tables. A good place to go if you want to sit and cha and enjoy a good meal.Special Features:
- Been here before and alwaysMadgewDined on 3/20/2014Been here before and always a good meal. Service was good and fast.Special Features:
- A standard for business mealswestwardDined on 3/19/2014Nice bar, though it gets crowded. Good happy hour prices and menu. Dinner menu is extensive and food is good, though not very healthy. Portions are huge. Feels a little like the lobby of a Hilton or Marriott: corporate but comfortable. Service is always good.Special Features:
- Love the light menu.annieDined on 3/14/2014Great to be able to eat out and know that you can choose some delectable choices thay aren't going to kill your waistline.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daily Grill -- wonderful service!PatMarguliesVIPDined on 3/11/2014We had a really good lunch the other day -- wonderful barley soup, wonderful Cobb salad, wonderful waiter ... the only thing missing was people as apparently another group has been laid off. I sure wish companies wouldn't do this .. especially companies in the food business. It is RIGHT to provide medical insurance; it is RIGHT to provide a living wage; it is RIGHT to keep good and loyal workers around. But, those that still have jobs, were wonderful to us as usual... and the food last Tuesday was really, really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food!MistressMaryDined on 2/27/2014The Daily Grills food is always consistently good...I have been to several different locations in different cities and have never had a bad meal or experience. Our waiter was a "newbie" and was doing fine for his first night. Love the steaks and the sides. It was very chill and comfortable... appreciate there was parking too.Special Features:
- Disaster of a dinner!NanaVIPDined on 2/27/2014Our waiter was supposedly training other waiters which is the excuse he gave for his poor service. This is a big laugh because he needed to be trained himself. He was not at all professional! Our soup and salads arrived with our entrees because he was too busy to bring them at the proper time. We sent them back. We had to continually ask for condiments, water etc. Finally the manager came over to apologize, offering us a free dessert as well as one comped entrée and free drinks. What we really wanted was decent service and a relaxing evening-neither of which we had! We frequent your restaurant often and even hosted an event there 3 years ago, spending over a thousand dollars. Obviously, we will not be inclined to return..Special Features:
- A Little RoughEimajineDined on 2/27/2014Had a waiter who was training another waiter. There were some issues. I was particularly disappointed because I was hosting this dinner as a celebration for the end of a project and wanted it to be special. They got one person's order wrong three times, but finally got the chef himself to come to the table and in the end they made it right, but it still spoiled the evening. The wine list was so-so. My food was quite good - I ordered the brick chicken. I have had good dinners there before and it may have been an off night. I will try again to see. Also, there is validated parking, which is important in Santa Monica and definitely a plus.
- romance where you find it....BabsmithDined on 2/24/2014this neighborhood gem is delicious, reasonable, health-conscious (600 calorie menu) and close to home. the service, this time, was a bit less than ideal but the intention to try was there. we love the moroccan spiced chicken with herbed rice and arugula salad on the lower calorie option menu. as far as romance, the main room by the window is lovely for a little neighborhood, business park restaurant...but then, if you're sitting across from someone you love, even the "golden arches at mickey d's" can take on a glow of paris, huh?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependably excellentMTSMVIPDined on 2/22/2014Place was crowded and energetic this night because of some groups. Service felt a little rushed, but still attentive and friendly. We weren't planning to linger long anyway. Wanted to get home to watch Winter Olympics. Wife and I had a couple of tried-and-true favorites, the salmon burger and brick chicken, with add-on soups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good solid choicepaul1938Dined on 2/22/2014Took friends there for their 54th aniv. Good service, good food and great dessert[carrot cake] We' have been going to the daily Grill for years at various locations. Almost always a good meal. if there is evey a problem, which is very rare, it's handled ASAP. Oh, by the way the bread is sinfully great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daily Grill is excellent value.beenthereVIPDined on 2/14/2014Daily Grill is excellent value. A great place for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.