Daily Grill - San Francisco
347 Geary St.
San Francisco, CA 94102Neighborhood:
Downtown / Union Square
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Daily Grill - San Francisco
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dailygrill.com/
- Phone: 4156165000x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 7am-10pm
Friday & Saturday 7am - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Davidssun McClary
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant offers a private room, that seats 14 people, as well as a semi private area that can serve 20 to 100 people.
- Private Party Contact: Tanya Fruehe 4156165000x
- Special Events: Daily Grill San Francisco has a private dining room for groups of 14. Private dining menus available. Semi-private dining for larger groups up to 100 people. Please inquire for additional information. 360 degree tour is available at dailygrill.com
A word from Daily Grill - San Francisco
Daily Grill is located on Geary, near Powell, only a half-block from Union Square and in the center of San Francisco’s theatre district. Comfortable and clubby with booths and high ceilings, Daily Grill is a great place to take a break from the bustle of Union Square. The large menu and comfortable decor makes the Daily Grill a favorite stop before or after the theatre. Daily Grill is an updated version of the San Francisco grills of the past, providing generous portions of classic American dishes, such as steaks, chops, chicken pot pie, and meat loaf...a neat, friendly place where one can get crab cakes or a burger, cobb salad or a ribeye along with martinis, single malts, microbrews and a good bottle of wine. The ambience is lively and clubby, with comfortable booths, dark woods and high ceilings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Daily Grill - San Francisco reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (29)neighborhood gem (28)good for groups (23)special occasion (17)fit for foodies (16)vibrant bar scene (16)great for brunch (12)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (6)hot spot (5)romantic (5)notable wine list (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Server was very attentive. Food was fresh, daily specials sounded interesting & dessert - what can I say except OUTSTANDING!!!Special Features:
- great overall restaurant.MurphDined on 8/4/2014We go yearly love it. The staff is always friendly.great family's dining. Good choices.Special Features:
- KarokatDined on 7/6/2014Very good breakfast and find service we stade at the handlery hotel and it was fin to have this great place for breakfast !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantJannineVIPDined on 7/5/2014We enjoy Daily Grill a couple of times a year. The service is outstanding, food is a very nice presentation of 'comfort food', the bar energetic with a 30-40 something crowd most of the time. Please note: Daily Grill no longer books through Open Table. I did make my reservation through open table last week, but that information never gets to the restaurant. They accomodated us anyway...LOVED IT!Special Features:
- Our Best Place to EatRestaurants4meDined on 7/2/2014We come to S.F. every couple of months to see Broadway plays. We also stay at the Handlery Hotel, adjacent to the Daily Grill. We eat all our meals there. The bar is friendly, the food is good as well as the service. Affordable prices. Comfortable setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't book on open tableTwinkDined on 6/21/2014Upon checking in, the hostess said I didn't have a reservation. I told her I booked on open table and she informed me that they are no longer using this site for reservations. Our reservation was honored but I was not impressed with how the hostess handled the situation. The service was a little slow but the food was good.Special Features:
- floodleDined on 6/21/2014While we have eaten at The Daily Grill many times, this was the first for breakfast. Eggs benedict sauce was sparse and the potatoes cooked but not browned. Hubby's omelet was bland. Lunch and dinner better bets. Fun bar, great bartender with World Cup soccer on TV's. Will return but not for breakfast.
- perfect for pre/post-theatersfogirlDined on 6/17/2014Great menu. Something for everyone. Wait staff asks if you're going to theater so as to assure prompt food delivery, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort foodMaryLVIPDined on 6/15/2014A great meal, start to finish! They graciously accommodated an eleventh hour request to change the reservation time, and seated us on arrival. Setting was comfortable, with photos of notables past. Service was professional and very thoughtful. Menu is huge and varied. Salads were fresh and well-dressed. The chicken pot pie lived up to the hype--rich, creamy sauce, perfect, flaky crust, and tons of chicken. Would definitely recommend, and look forward to trying their venues in other cities.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable and ConvenientNancoolDined on 6/15/2014One block from ACT, The Daily Grill has a full bar, nice and competent wait staff, generous portions of tasty food and a wide range of size and cuisine options, decent coffee, and a couple of homemade desserts with in-season fruit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient LocationrichardstasteDined on 6/14/2014The Daily Grill is conveniently located near the Geary Theater, and I enjoy going there after a matinee. The service is fast and efficient. I had one of their 600 calorie or less meals, with grilled salmon and asparagus. The salmon was pretty good, but the asparagus was much too tough. The free bread was very good. The price at $25 seemed a bit high, but not unreasonable for downtown SF.
- Awesome lunchDisappointedDined on 6/14/2014Terrific lunch with outstanding friendly service. Don't let the outside appearance fool you...good food and they even have a lite menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre chain restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/13/2014Mediocre food at ok prices. I would not go back except maybe for lunch. It had the atmosphere of a chain.Special Features:
- Outstanding food & service, charmCoachVIPDined on 6/9/2014The restaurant ALWAYS has outstanding food, service and atmosphere.Special Features:
- A Welcome Surprise!time2dineDined on 6/7/2014I booked a table for 10 at Daily Grill for my cousin's bachelorette party. We were staying at the Grand Hyatt and had a VIP booth at Ruby Skye. The Daily Grill was in a perfect location! Everything was within a 10 minute walk . From the front the restaurant does not look like much, and the hostess table is set a little far back. Coming into the restaurant I wasn't sure what to expect, but it is very elegant! They put us in a private room near the wine cellar in the back. Our server was OUTSTANDING! Great explanations and confidence. We all ordered different items on the menu and everything was delicious. I had never been to a Daily Grill before, but I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobertDined on 6/7/2014Great pre-theatre dining spot! Food and service are great; prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday GatheringSurpriseDined on 6/7/2014The majority of the seating are booths for 2-4 people. In my opinion, this is great if I had an intimate party. Unfortunately, our party wasn't large enough to accommodate a private room, and yet too large for a booth...we had a party of 5. Our table was at a turn in the restaurant between 2 walkways and another walkway coming from the kitchen door. Despite the constant traffic around us, we enjoyed our company. Overall, the food was good as expected. Our waiter, Andre was terrific. Our only recommendation is to have him check with his servers, to assure that they are taking care of us. We frequently had to look and ask for them bread + to refill our drinks (water, coffee, etc.).Special Features:
- Nice findFaveSteakVIPDined on 6/5/2014Servers (Ian & Brian) are great, very attentive! Great value of kids menu. Dine About Town was great also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food OK, Poor ServiceGreatVIPDined on 5/30/2014Our dining experience was very disappointing. We told the restaurant that we were celebrating a special evening and it turned out "not very special." Upon arrival, There was no one at the host stand when we arrived and it took a while for someone to greet us (and others who gathered while we were waiting). Once seated we waited a long time for a server. Our server was not attentive, engaging or friendly which made for a bad dining experience. We never had a manger or anyone in charge stop by our table to ask how we were doing. Other than the host who sat us, no one acknowledged our special occasion. We will not be going back. There are too many good restaurants in union square. We made a bad choice this evening. Don't make the same!
- Horrible horrible horrible serviceDisappointingDined on 5/30/2014Have eaten here before with good luck - although the bar is always rather slow. This time our waiter had us wait an extra ordinarily long time to acknowledge us - then asked if we were ready to order - slow and frustrating - food was fine but service was ridiculous
- Great for lunch, not breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/30/2014We had a nice lunch at the Daily Grill - good service, food was cooked to order and tasty. We came back a few days later for breakfast and were underwhelmed - service had to be flagged down for coffee refills and the check, my omelette came with extras I didn't order (and I was charged for them after pointing it out - rather than waste time arguing we took it out of the tip) and was greasy. DH's pancakes were fine, but nothing special. Part of the service problem was that the restaurant is where some hotel guests redeem vouchers, and it was full in the main area. Our waitress just had an attitude, which was in marked contrast to our excellent lunch waiter's cheerful demeanor and efficient service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best place in townohmysmomVIPDined on 5/19/2014As many restaurants as i have tried close to the theatres, Daily Grill is the most reliable and best place to go. The food is always good. The service is excellent. The restaurant is well maintained and always busy enough to be fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodTurkophileDined on 5/16/2014I've never had a bad meal or bad service at The Daily Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Mothers Day less busy than anticipated but noise level high, other that that , great as alwaysSpecial Features:
- Senior Ball DiningalyrubioDined on 5/10/2014This restaurant was amazing and the service was excellent. Everyone was polite and nice to us. No one looked down on us due to age.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late lunchCL2014Dined on 5/10/2014Typically excellent service. Tried a different dish (Ahi wrap) than what I usually order due to the time of day. 3 pm late lunch. Restaurant was not crowded except at the bar where the Giants game was on. Never disappointed here. Great selection for my vegetarian wife means we both eat here and leave w/smiles. Very reasonably priced and a great break from the crowded chain restaurants around the area.Special Features:
- BuckBuckVIPDined on 5/9/2014New York style steak house ambiance. Best Manhattan style clam chowder I have ever tasted. Service and food quality exceptional. Price to value was way above par. All in all a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No disappointmentsOpenTable Diner Since 1999Dined on 5/8/2014Solid, good value for money, good location; friendly, enjoyableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/6/2014The Daily Grill again provided us with a wonderful pre-theatre dining experience. The wait staff is very attentive, making sure that we have enough time to enjoy our meal without being rushed but enough time to get to the theatre on time. There are almost too many choices on the menu that sound good. I selected one of the items from the specials menu (salmon with angel hair pasta) which was wonderful and a more-than-generous portion. My friend had a chicken dish off the regular menu, and they gladly substituted angel hair pasta for the potatoes it was supposed to come with. We shared a dessert (key lime pie), again, a very generous portion and delicious. We arrived early, but the noise level increased with time. Try this place soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Preferred Guest advantagesfoodieVIPDined on 5/3/2014Online, before going, we joined their Preferred Club (no charge.) One of the benefits is free corkage - a big plus for us since we eat out nightly. Their bar was busy. Yummy dinner with outstanding service. The Daily Grill has a broad menu. This time we weren't disappointed with the artichoke hearts (a special of the day), grilled vegetables with balsamic glaze and Tuscan brick chicken. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Lunch before the theater.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/3/2014Always a good place before the theater. Never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MrjcraighjDined on 5/2/2014Well, now, how many ways can I say it. Daily Grill in San Francisco has always delivered the goods. Friendly folks, fantastic food and excellent ambiance. Who could ask for more.Special Features:
- The following 1447 reviews are from the Daily Grill - San Francisco reviews archive.
- Delicioso!Cts2244Dined on 4/26/2014This place was great. Came here the first night of our honeymoon. It was perfect. A nice restaurant but not overbearing. The pork chop and the skirt steak were fantastic! It's a solid place for a meal; not super unique but a good place to eat and unwind.Special Features:
- Always consisten great meals!BarbaraFVIPDined on 4/26/2014We love the food at Daily Grill in spite of it being a chain. The skirt steak is one of the best. Try the grilled artichoke when it's in season (spring & summer). And the Daily Grill salad is always delicious. We have a favorite waiter who is the best we've ever had anywhere. Kudos to DG for hiring him, training him and keeping him!
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Waiter was friendly. Everyone enjoyed their meals. This is a dependable place to get a good meal in the city.Special Features:
- Slipping backMistereksVIPDined on 4/19/2014I used to be able to count on the excellence of the chicken pot pie at the Daily Grill. No more. The last two times I've eaten here, it was substandard. Crust is still OK, but the filling is gooier, with less chicken flavor and fewer vegetables.
- Not a good choiceMimiDined on 4/17/2014This was recommended by a friend on our recent visit to San Fran but we were very disappointed. The service was very slow and when I finally got my food it was not what I ordered. Then our waiter showed up a little later with the correct meal but didn't apologize and never checked back again until we were through and had our plates stacked up and credit card out. Very disappointing for the last night of our visit.
- The Daily Grill is a familyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2014The Daily Grill is a family favorite! We have been there many times, and we always go there before seeing a show at either the Curran or A.C.T. The food is great, the service is top notch, and all staff are friendly and helpful. The wine list is good and the cocktails never disappoint! The ambiance is calm and relaxed, with the quiet chatter of other diners in the background. The menu offers a great hamburger and the Tuscan Brick Chicken is excellent!Special Features:
- The best service anywhereSSPaVIPDined on 4/12/2014we come here every time we are in SF at this point, even if we have to go out of our waySpecial Features:
- Very nice lunchThierryVIPDined on 4/6/2014We had lunch there with the kids, the food is very good and the service was great, they have a 600 calories menu that is pretty tasty.I would recommend this to a friend.