Daily Grill - Portland
750 SW Alder St.
Portland, OR 97205Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Daily Grill - Portland
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dailygrill.com/
- Phone: 5032947001
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 6:30am - 11:00am daily;
Lunch: 11:00am - 4:00pm daily;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, (Lounge open till 11pm)
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm (Lounge open till 12am)
Happy Hour: 7 days a week 4pm-7pm, with drink and food specials starting at $2.95
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Scott Vanderburg
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have private dining in our upstairs banquet facilities or semi private seating in our dining room using glass partitions.
- Private Party Contact: Darcie La Montte 5034028721
- Special Events: Private dining room available for special dining events. Room can accomodate up to 100 seated guests. Please inquire with Daily Grill for more information.
A word from Daily Grill - Portland
Daily Grill is located in the heart of the city’s business, retail, and cultural district in downtown Portland. Within walking distance of major retailers and eclectic boutiques and just a few blocks from Pioneer Courthouse Square, the city’s “living room”. Daily Grill is in the midst of the city’s flourishing art scene and major institutions for the fine and performing arts. Daily Grill is adjacent to the Westin Hotel, Perennial winners of the AAA Four Diamond award.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Daily Grill - Portland reviews from OpenTable diners
- Daily Grills are Not Created EqualJimBDined on 5/4/2014The Portland Daily Grill does not compare to the Daily Grill in Desert Springs,CA. We found the shrimp appetizer in Portland over cooked, some shrimp had shells not completely cleaned off, and they did not have the sauce that matches so well - just cocktail and tarter sauce. The waiter got our order wrong and two in our party got their food when the other two had finished. It's a real shame as this could be an outstanding restaurant if management supervised it better. We were celebrating a 60th birthday and it was even identified in the Open Table reservation. The receptionist and waiter in no way recognized the occasion. Explains why there was a line thirty deep waiting outside the California Daily Grill and only two tables in Portland.Special Features:
- Hotel DiningdressedupDined on 4/25/2014Hotel restaurant dining at its best! Very comfortable seating at tables with a private feeling. Our server was friendly and attentive. The menu provided a wide range of choices and included chicken pot pie and meat loaf as well as steaks. We enjoyed everything about our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeTigermama96VIPDined on 4/25/2014Daily Grill never fails with amazing service and great food.Special Features:
- Crab Cakes Out of a Can!crit2dineVIPDined on 4/23/2014The crab cakes were made from canned crab and tasted like 3 day old fish. The supposed butter was sloppy and clung to your palate. The French bread was dry and not chewy. The only good think about the meal was that they took the crab cakes off the bill.
- Close to theaterBeckDined on 2/28/2014Here is another spot to try close to the theaters. My pork chop was super tasty and loved the spinach mashed potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for a large partyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014My steak was cooked perfectly and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Stop Before a ShowShelleyDined on 12/27/2013I brought my parents here for dinner before a show at the Schnitzer. My mother can't eat dairy and there were plenty of options on the menu that worked for her while still accommodating the rest of us. It was Friday right before the dinner rush so the dinning room was pretty empty, while the bar was busy. It's an easy walk to the Schnitzer so the whole experience worked well for us.Special Features:
- Wonderful Last Minute DinnerMadKateDined on 12/25/2013We were staying in Portland on Christmas night and needed a decent restaurant at which to have a good dinner. I picked Daily Grill more or less because it was convenient and open. It ended up that we had a wonderful experience. I had to change the time of our reservation THREE times, and each time the staff person taking reservations was cooperative. We ended up being 1/2 hour late, but got an excellent table (a booth) Our waiter was wonderful--and recommended a wine we had never tried--which turned out to be excellent. (Turned out he was from the Washington, D.C. area, as were we.) Food was very good--not superb--but very good. Nice ambience. We will go there again when in Portland. I would recommend Daily Grill in a Portland minute.
- Not the same :(OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013The price is high for what is offered. The creme brulee is not what it used to be. The music is too loud and seems to be geared towards a specific demographic. We had our first date here 4 years ago....and it is not the same. The server was nice but not very attentive.Special Features:
- It was a great restaurantiliike2dineDined on 11/28/2013It was a great restaurant for dining. I been to this location for thanksgiving dinner and the staffs were nice and the foods were great. I will probably recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!HeatherADined on 11/28/2013This is the second time we have had a non-traditional Thanksgiving and meet some family here for dinner. The food has always been extraordinarily fantastic, everything is cooked perfectly, especially the cedar plank salmon! Everyone is so welcoming, attentive and wonderful too! Thank you for making my family's Thanksgiving great!Special Features:
- Had a kamikaze with Hot MonkeyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/28/2013Had a kamikaze with Hot Monkey vodka; a local vodka. It was so good I went to the distillery and bought a bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is a great place to haveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/9/2013It is a great place to have business lunch or just lunch with my friends. The food and service is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful setting. Average food.MilesDined on 8/25/2013Dessert was delicious; however, the mashed potatoes were hopped up with tons of garlic.
- Nothing spectacular, but aOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/11/2013Nothing spectacular, but a good meal in a good atmosphere at a good price. Nice wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Early Dinnerjjl75Dined on 8/3/2013My wife and I went out for a nice early dinner without the kids, the food and service was great. Since we made 5:00 reservations, hardly anyone was there, so it was nice and quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish I would've gone there sooner!diningcatDined on 7/7/2013My husband and I are of an age where we delight fine dining at a reasonable price. When I was googling fine dining in Portland, the Daily Grill was cited and I took the 360 tour and thought, great ambiance/great prices with a large menu under 600 calories. We had no idea where this place was. The evening before we took a drive into Portland and realized we'd never noticed the Daily Grill although it was in plain site and associated with the Westin. Our experience was first class the from the maitre d, to the awesome server, Steven, to any staff who happened to walk by, everyone treated us as if we were their only customer. Cat Thank you for providing service that money really cannot buy and making us feel valued. Cat ShawSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeMikeDined on 5/24/2013This was a very nice restaurant. The staff was very attentive, and knowledgeable of the menu and other eateries in the city. The dining room was very clean and nicely decorated etc. I would eat there again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daily GrillFredDined on 5/21/2013Had never been here before nor had our friends. We found the food very good, service one of the best and the entire experience worth repeating, and we will.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dailt GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/15/2013As this was my first time here, I was very pleased. This was a last minute dinner date for my girlfriend and myself and it was perfect for a nice, quiet dinner. I would definatly recommend the blackberry porkchop to anybody looking for a huge piece of delicious chop!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch was fabulous! Only thing...IOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/10/2013Lunch was fabulous! Only thing...I get emails about being a preferred guest and my group was excited to try the Lobster & Filet Mignon pot pies that I recieved an email about. However, when we got there the server said they were only available durning dinner time. There was nothing on the email that stated that so we were a little dissappointed. The chicken pot pie was still delicious!Special Features:
- Good food and serviceCyber1thomasDined on 2/14/2013We were a group of 4 on Valentines Day from out of town. We were seated promptly. Food was well prepared and everyone enjoyed their meals. Service was very good, I would go again.
- We had a group of 6. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2013We had a group of 6. The server was both fun and efficient, the food was tasty, and the noise level was quiet enough that we could talk comfortably.
- We took a group of 5 peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013We took a group of 5 people here for a birthday dinner. The restaurant staff were friendly, attentive, and quick. The food was excellently prepared and delicious.Special Features:
- it was okay, service can be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012Food was good. Other than that okay. Hostess/manager wasn't a happy camper at all. Zero smiles from her. Stephen, easier/server was fair. Made good recommendations.Special Features:
- Clean, reasonable prices,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012Clean, reasonable prices, good downtown location close to hopping and theaters, friendly staffSpecial Features:
- We went for breakfast andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/2/2012We went for breakfast and had a very nice experience. Nothing I can think of to complain about. Definitely a good choice for families or couples. Staff was exceptionally nice.Special Features:
- our waiter was extremely slowOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/1/2012our waiter was extremely slow and we had to keep asking for things like water and bread. There was a group at a table near us that was very loud and obnoxious and the restaurant staff did nothing to ask them to be courteous of those around them.
- Expected MoreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/28/2012Our waitress was very friendly, but forgot the appetizer we ordered. I ordered the cedar plank salmon and it was nearly tasteless and smothered with barbecue sauce. In my opinion, good salmon doesn't need to be smothered in anything. The side was a giant uncooked stalk of broccoli. Who enjoys eating uncooked broccoli? Overall I would not recommend DG and I won't be going back.Special Features:
- Daily Grill for Thanksgiving DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012First, our waitress was fantastic and made us feel glad we chose the Daily Grill. Its extremely nice to see there are still paid employees out there who aren't too proud to say "Thank you, please come back". As for the food, I don't think what we ordered would impress those trendy "foodies", but this in no way implies we had a a bad meal, quite the opposite. Everything we ate was farm to table fresh. We ate Cedar Planked salmon, the pastas and pie (Pecan & Pumpkin ...Excellent!). Everything was fresh, flavorful, and straight forward good. We highly recommend the Daily Grill!Special Features:
- A little bad and a little goodMissChrissDined on 11/9/2012Our waiter was friendly and dedicated, but forgot to place our order for our appetizer. After about 20-25 minutes, our spinach/artichoke dip arrived. Just a heaping mound of cooked spinach with 2-3 large chunks of artichoke. My Mom and husband ordered filets with "Blue Cheese Herb Crust". This was melted blue cheese on the top; period. Both steaks were overcooked, BUT, they prepared a replacement for my husband's filet and removed his steak from the bill. Spinach mashed potatoes were 1/2 sauteed spinach and 1/2 mashed potatoes, tossed together. I ordered the Caesar salad and the seared Ahi appetizer, which were both delicious. I had an excellent cocktail or two as well. Could have been a better meal all around, but they were trying.
- Very good food, excellentMrobbDined on 10/12/2012Very good food, excellent and fast service. Loud enough people couldn't overhear, but no so loud I couldn't hear.Special Features:
- Incredible food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2012I've lived in Portland for years and have always wanted to try this place. SO glad I did! I took my mom and daughter on a Friday night. The mood was quiet.. pretty atmosphere and honestly the absolute best pork chop I've ever had with homemade blackberry sauce, was to die for! I eat out 3-4 times a week from Boston to San Francisco and trust me, the food and service here is worth checking out!Special Features:
- Definitely Not for FoodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/2/2012It was written as a great steak location and the filet was mushy, not firm and the grilling was done on what seemed like a sandwich type cross grill... showed the grill marks, but was not seared. We expected something more like a regular steak house, not a "Denny's" type quality. Service was very average, very disappointing for a restaurant attached to a Westin.
- WE enjoyed ourselves at yourOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/28/2012WE enjoyed ourselves at your restaurant in Portland, Oregon. The Daily Grill is a great place to dine. We got hooked on the Daily Grill while visiting Palm Desert. We are going back there in March and will visit the Daily Grill. Yes, we will return to your fine restaurant sometime soon. Jim and Pauline NirschlSpecial Features:
- Its so-soOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2012Daily grill is only worth going to if you are staying at the Westin and do not have the energy to go elsewhere. With a few exceptions in the bar area most of the wait staff are slower than what I would expect. Also the food is a little pricey for what it is. The one thing they do well are fresh made cocktails from the bar, and some of the appetizers.
- alexsammyVIPDined on 8/6/2012Was very happy as we were staying at the Westin overnite that they had a Daily Grill in the hotel as we have them in DC area This one was is smaller but the food was even better than the other ones we have been to and we go to them very often for business and pleasure The chicken pot pie and roasted brick chicken were both fabulous very moist and the calamari appetizer as fresh as we have ever had even at any specialty restaurant Great waiter further added to the experience as did the bar setting which we used before dinner to meet friends for a brief visit Atmosphere was the only thing that could be enhanced with the lighting although having booths which they do is a nice perk for a bit of privacySpecial Features:
- Food was as expected fromOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/25/2012Food was as expected from a Daily Grill - which is generally reliable and good, no bad surprises. Dinner was a bit of a ghost town though - with just a couple of tables filled.
- Service was wonderful. FoodlowkeyinloVIPDined on 6/17/2012Service was wonderful. Food was fine but nothing special.
- Had breakfast/ brunch. Eggstennisdr99VIPDined on 6/4/2012Had breakfast/ brunch. Eggs were fine. Tomatoes were hard and tasteless.