Daily Grill - Palm Desert
73-061 El Paseo
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Daily Grill - Palm Desert
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dailygrill.com/
- Phone: 7607799911x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11-9pm
Saturday - Sunday 10-9
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Noe Soto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private accommodations for parties up to 28. Exclusive use of the room requires a food and beverage minimum, set menus and a contract for parties of 12 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Scott Johnson 7607799911x
- Special Events: Happy Hour is served nightly from 4pm to 6pm with drink specials anfood specials starting at $4. Sunday & Monday Happy Hour from 4pm to close.
A word from Daily Grill - Palm Desert
Modeled after the great big city grills of the 30s and 40s, Daily Grill serves traditional American fare. Featuring Genuine Angus Steaks and Chops, Fresh Seafood, Classic Cobb and Caesar Salads, Meat Loaf with Mashed Potatoes, Chicken Pot Pie and not-to-be-missed Desserts, all served in a sophisticated yet casual atmosphere by servers that really care about the guest's experience. We also boast the best Martini and Happy Hour in town. Located in the heart of The Shops on El Paseo, home to some of the Palm Springs area’s most famous shops, Daily Grill is at the corner of El Paseo and Monterey Avenue. From I-10, exit South at Monterey Avenue (Rt. 74) and travel appx. 7 miles to El Paseo. From Monterey, turn east on El Paseo and drive one block. A Private Dining Room seating up to 28 guests is the perfect place for business meetings or family celebrations. Dine-in and Take-out is available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Daily Grill - Palm Desert reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- No longer subscribes to OpenTableYoYoOnTheGoGoDined on 6/15/2014We arrived on time but learned that they never got our reservation because their software is not compatible with OpenTable. Nonetheless, we were seated quickly. Great atmosphere. It has a bright, airy, elegance that, in some nostalgic era, could have been an eatery in Grand Central Station. We were very pleased with the service. The wait staff was attentive, polite & friendly. The food had great potential and we can't help but wonder if maybe we just ordered the wrong stuff. My wife's omelette was good, but over done & rubbery. My French Toast was topped with glazed berries, butter, maple syrup & powdered sugar. It threw my palette for a loop. Over all, not bad. We'll try it again and hope it hits the mark the second time around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatDuffDined on 6/14/2014Daily Grill on El Paseo is always a fantastic spot for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I often take visitors there for a great cocktail and food.
- The following 874 reviews are from the Daily Grill - Palm Desert reviews archive.
- SERVICE PROBLEMGJYMVIPDined on 5/25/2014WE GO WE THE DAILY GRILL VERY OFTEN...HOWEVER SOMETHING HAS CHANGED IN THE MATTER OF DELIVERING OF FOOD WHICH IS EFFECTING THE SERVICE. WE WERE WATCHING AND THERE ARE NO EXPEDITERS FOR DELIVERING THE FOOD WHICH IS A AFFECTING THE QUALITY OF SERVICE. WE ASK ABOUT THAT AND WERE TOLD THAT EXPEDITERS AND BUS SERVICE HAS BEEN STOPPED. IF THAT IS TRUE WHO EVEN MADE THAT RULING SHOULD BE GIVE SECOND THOUGHTS TO THAT WHEN IS EFFECTS THE SERVICE AND SEATING OF GUESTS WHEN THE DINING ROOM IS VERY/VERY BUSY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved ItRudeman41Dined on 5/17/2014Fantastic Meal. We were promptly greeted at the door and made to feel welcomed as we were escorted to our table. The service and food were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go To Daily Grill!RealtorCamille7VIPDined on 5/17/2014Normally we sit in the bar area where Bruce, Gabe, Mike and Dan take excellent care of us! We dined with guests so we sat in the main dining area. We didn't feel the server was very good. Maybe she had a lot of other tables to wait on. We don't know. However, the food was excellent as always and Gabe said hello to us and made us feel welcome! Thank you, Gabe! We had Sand Dabs, creamed spinach, French fries, meatloaf and blackened Talapia. Everyone loved their meals!Special Features:
- Makes me feel goodjdyjdyjdyDined on 5/16/2014One of my favorite places because I am never disappointed when I dine at the Daily Grill, and always feel like I am with the "in" crowd. Reminds me of big city special gatherings and definitely the service people make me feel special. (and I love the big cities feel) We were a party of 7 and each person was delighted with their tasty dish. Always go there when there is a special time to be had.Special Features:
- Always GoodMikeDined on 5/15/2014The Daily Grill is always a busy place that has their act together. The food is consistantly good and the variety makes it such that eveyone can find something they will like and as a matter of fact I like to go back again and again and order different entrees.Special Features:
- Daily Grill for lunchGroup9Dined on 5/15/2014The Daily Grill is one of my favorite places to eat. I always go there when I am in the neighborhood. My dad and I took my one and two year old girls there for lunch. They sat us in the back overflow area where another family with a toddler was eating. They had white paper covering the table and crayons so the kids could draw and color. As always the service was wonderful. My dad's BLT sandwich was great. Portions are large enough to share too. I had the cold tuna sandwich and it was very dry and bland. I have had that sandwich before many times and it has always been very good. I would recommend The Daily Grill as one of my favorite places to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continually the Best.BurtVIPDined on 5/13/2014The food is always good & service. Excellent senior menu. Best liver & onions in the Coachella Valley.Special Features:
- DisappointingTedCDined on 5/11/2014Was not busy.Got there 10 min late because I had wrong time. Asked for outside. Waited for a long while before waitress came and acted like she was doing us a favor Never brought the ordered ice tea.'My meal was great. My wife's was not, including 1/3 of plate was nondescript greens with no taste and no dressing We expect more from Daily GrillSpecial Features:
- Mother's DaySandieDined on 5/11/2014Made my mother's day very special. The service was exceptional, the food was great and I would recommend the Daily Grill as the place to dine whenever you are in Palm Desert.Special Features:
- Great for Special Ocassionscelebrations2eatDined on 5/11/2014We enjoy celebrating special ocassions at Daily Grill each year. Anniversary, birthdays, Mother's Day,etc.Special Features:
- Always funDiscerningcustomerDined on 5/11/2014I always feel good eating at the Daily Grill. After moving to Palm Desert, which has so many good restaurants, I searched for a place that had a good vibe and decent food (at reasonable prices) so that I could feel free to dine out often. Daily Grill fit the bill. I love that fact that if you sign up for a free "preferred" card you can bring in your own wine and have it served with no corkage free. That is great customer service if you ask me.Special Features:
- Foodie ParadiseFoodieMichelleDined on 5/11/2014My husband and I went to Daily Grill for Mother's Day- it was a madhouse! However, the staff kept their cool, we were seated promptly for our reservation at a table we liked and our server was incredible. She took our orders accurately, even though it was really noisy in the restaurant, brought us this unbelievably delicious Monkey bread and a luscious drink called a Ginger Mint crush (yum!) and then got us our food quickly. We were very happy and I loved my gift card the restaurant gave us as my mother's day gift!Special Features:
- Always GreatLuckyDined on 5/11/2014Brunch, lunch and dinners are always great as is the service. We go there frequently. Always enjoyable.Special Features:
- Mothers Day BrunchBunb86Dined on 5/11/2014Overall the experience was good. The service was a bit slow and they weren't packed, but the food was great and the ambiance was perfect for mom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationsElizabethDined on 5/10/2014We love to go to Daily Grill all the time, and we also love it for special occasions. The food is always good and the portions are big. It's the favorite place of all my family. I wish they would open one on San Diego.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Any Time at All24dinnerVIPDined on 5/9/2014Daily Grill really means it ! Open daily, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner. Whenever your'e ready to eat, they are ready to serve you. Had Sunday Brunch on 5/4 with good friends. From French Toast to Egg's Benedict,and Bagels and Lox. Add Mimosas, Bloody Mary's and Bellini's to the mix and you leave a happy diner. Dinner on Friday 5/9 with cousins from LA area. WOW ! Too many delicious things to mention. Specialties include Chicken Pot Pie and Grandma's Meat Loaf. Always busy so Open Table works best. Try it , You'll love it. !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient and Good for LunchConvenientAndGoodVIPDined on 5/8/2014Had lunch there with Manny the Movie Guy after months of not having gone. My grilled lime chicken salad was awesome -- light andSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Polo Lounge Did Not DisappointcocoDined on 5/7/2014I wanted to treat my son to lunch for his graduation. It was the most wonderful time. We spent two hours over lunch and the food and atmosphere and service were unbelievable, even better then I imagined. Michael tended to us as though we were the only two people there - all of our needs were met and I can't say enough about the experience. My father had taken me for lunch there as a young girl and I never forgot the experience and I can honestly say it was once again a never to forget event. My son was presented a special congratulations dessert that was unexpected and so appreciated. Thank you Polo Lounge for the best time ever!Special Features:
- wonderful...yet againjackieDined on 5/7/2014As usual the food was great... The staff were awesome and we all left very full and happy... They also make tasty cocktails!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodLana12VIPDined on 5/5/2014The food is so good that everything you order will be delightful.Special Features:
- FoodLana12VIPDined on 5/4/2014The menu has a lot of good choices and everything is excellent. The service is excellent too.Special Features:
- Always goodElizabethDined on 5/2/2014Food good, service good, great location. Great dojo, great bread, nice senior menu.Special Features:
- Good Evening Dining.RCLeesburgDined on 4/30/2014Ate out side. Pleasant friendly experience. Frequented by locals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UneventfulDisappointmentDined on 4/26/2014Very disappointing to say the least! Did not recognize our anniversary nor did they accomadate us based on my request! I asked for a romantic booth for 2, and instead got a booth for 4 nest to a window to an outdoor patio that was unused! Ugly view! Across the aisle was the exact booth I was hoping for, and I took it upon myself to see if we could move to it! It was a booth for 2 and had beautiful romantic ambient lighting. I'm glad I was able to salvage the evening! Also no one even made recognition of our 18th anniversary, which I stated on my initial reservation, so along with that and the service, I was not too impressed. That was the 2nd time I have eaten there. Not a place for celebrations! Sorry!Special Features:
- Never had a bad mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2014Always good! Our waiter was fabulous! The bread is the best!
- Keep Going BackSnowbirdDined on 4/26/2014I get to the area every year or so, and I keep going back to the Daily Grill. The food is delicious, and they have something for everyone. They even have an extensive list of items that contain 600 calories or less. My cousin and I last went there about 16 months before this visit, and the waitress remembered us, including some important details that proved she wasn't just humoring us. She was fun but not intrusive, a remarkable trait.Special Features:
- Daily Grill is Great!RealtorCamille7VIPDined on 4/26/2014This is our regular restaurant! The food and service are always great no matter where you sit. We ate at the bar this time and were served by GABRIEL who took extra special care of us! Even though every seat in the bar was full and everyone was ordering multiple items, Gabe took great care of everyone there! We highly recommend him! We ordered Rose which was crisp and light. It was perfect with our Sand Dabs, creamed spinach and French fries. You can't have a better meal than this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent upscale restaurant3kidsDined on 4/23/2014Our server Tracy was amazing. The kids menu has tons of option and includes drinks and an ice cream sundae. Try the raspberry lemon aid. My kids loved it. The carrot cake was amazing. We are just sorry we found the restaurant on our last night or we would have gone back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceRubyDined on 4/22/2014Always busy - always reliable service and always great food. Make sure you make a reservation as this place is always busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable food and serviceDesertFlowerDined on 4/20/2014Comfortably casual, reliably well prepared and good food, honors reservations and varied menu. Friends and family are always happy to go to the Daily Grill. There is something for everyone to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST!foodieDined on 4/20/2014You can't beat This place. All the time, great service , great food. I almost don't have the words ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulDesertVIPDined on 4/20/2014No matter how many times you go here, it is always great.Special Features:
- Consistently Good!MarkNDined on 4/20/2014This Daily Grill is always predictably great. A truly professional operation that understands what it's customers expect. Service and food quality that never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014We love the Daily Grill, the food, the service is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable Daily GrillPalmoasisDined on 4/17/2014I always love going to Daily Grill. In addition to a good lunch we had the carrot cake for dessert, split it, and it is light fluffy and simply delicious...best I've had. Cloth napkins and great service.Special Features:
- a must stopjackieDined on 4/15/2014Great service, good food, relaxing atmosphere... Very nice dinner and will be back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DG never disappoints!SoozieqzVIPDined on 4/14/2014Always, always enjoy dining at Daily Grill! Quality is superb, service fantastic. The hubs had the matzo ball soup & has been talking about it for days. I had the penne pesto, and I don't usually even like pesto usually but this dish is amazingly delicious. That plus their crusty, warm bread is a feast! We will be back soon!Special Features:
- Just consistently good. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/13/2014Just consistently good. We are never disappointed. A restaurant destination during our annual Palm Springs/Palm Desert visit. Always a good evening of dining pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.