Daily Grill - Irvine
2636 Dupont Dr.
Irvine, CA 92612Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Daily Grill - Irvine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dailygrill.com/
- Phone: 9494742223
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Happy Hour: 7 days a week from 4pm to 7pm with drink specials and $2.95 food specials.
Saturday: 1/2 off all bottled wines (4-close)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: John Sola
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering platters for private off site events.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private enclosed patio (can be heated or air-conditioned). Please call restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: Manager (949) 474-2223
- Special Events: Daily Grill Irvine offers private dining in their outdoor covered patio. Patio can accomodate up to 50 seated guest. Private ining menus available. Patio also great for receptions! Please inquire for more information or to book your event.
A word from Daily Grill - Irvine
Modeled after the great big city grills of the 30s and 40s, Daily Grill serves traditional American fare. Featuring Genuine Angus Steaks and Chops, Fresh Seafood, Classic Cobb and Caesar Salads, Meat Loaf with Mashed Potatoes, Chicken Pot Pie and not-to-be-missed Desserts, all served in a sophisticated yet casual atmosphere by servers that really care about the guest's experience. We also boast the best Martini and Happy Hour in town. Two adjoining Private Dining Rooms seating up to 40 guests each are the perfect place for business meetings or family celebrations. Dine-in and Take-out is available. We feature Genuine Angus Steaks and Chops, Fresh Seafood, Classic Cobb and Caesar Salads, Meat Loaf with Mashed Potatoes, Chicken Pot Pie and not-to-be-missed Desserts. We also boast the best Martini and Happy Hour in town, and an extensive Wine List is available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Daily Grill - Irvine reviews from OpenTable diners
- DeliciousValueMindedVIPDined on 7/16/2013Generally, pretty good restaurant. Reliable, good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable and yet innovativeTravelerVIPDined on 7/11/2013Daily Grill is always reliably good food, but it surprised me on my recent visit - a large menu of items 600 calories and under! We both ordered from that menu, and were very pleased with an excellent grilled vegetable plate and a crab cake/BLT sandwich that I couldn't believe was only 600 calories. This place has my vote, for lunch, dinner or brunch. Dinner is nice, because it's less crowded. For a Friday lunch, make reservations or dine late.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off Night for Our Regular PlaceJohnicusVIPDined on 7/7/2013Server was on it and very nice, however the dishes were not made well. Did not eat a dish my wife always gets. It was not made like the week before or 3 weeks ago...and yes we do go here on average at least one time a month. And they built a large party next to our booth, though the place was not busy. Would have rather relocated our booth somewhere else.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/2/2013I've eaten here frequently, usually choosing this location for its diverse menu and convenient location near John Wayne airport and just off the freeway. Everything from steaks to vegetarian platters plus a good wine and beer list made it a family favorite for birthdays when relatives were driving from long beach and south Orange County. This visit was a bit of a disappointment, though. Perhaps we ordered the wrong things but the chicken parmigiana was dry and too salty, the Cobb salad adequate in size but mediocre, and the meatloaf (supposedly a signatue dish) tasty but an inadequate portion size for a young man. As always, service was great but we left feeling we'd overpaid for a ho-hum meal.Special Features:
- One of My Staple GoTo ResturantJohnicusVIPDined on 6/26/2013Service and food is pretty consistant and their food is very good. I've been to there other locations but I like this one the most.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLarSherVIPDined on 6/22/2013We have always loved this Daily Grill!! BUT not this time. We went there to celebrate a birthday. We had to ask twice for bread. We got no free birthday dessert, the chicken meatballs we hard and dry! The pasta stated on the menu fresh tomatoes, garlic and basil but there was nothing fresh at all. Just some kind of canned tomato sauce, absolutely no fresh basil or garlic. This experience was a huge disappointment. I should also mention the prices have jumped up significantly.
- Always a Winner!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/16/2013Daily Grill-Irvine never fails to please & is our go-to for every special occasion related to my husband (the carnivore). The restaurant is amazingly kid-friendly, and the food is very good, so going out to dinner is a Joy to us once again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have appreciated receivingbirthdayguestDined on 6/14/2013I have appreciated receiving the birthday coupon cards each year. The last two years, I felt disappointed that when offering the Card to the Server, there was no asking who's birthday or even a Happy Birthday Greeting. This last dinner at the Irvine restaurant was not as fun as I would have liked. It was very cold. I ordered the grilled vegatables, which were not prepared propertly. The Server noticed the sauce was not included, so she took my plate away to add the sauce but balsamic vinegar was just sprinkled on...it was not the "glaze" that was promised. The brocolli was not done and the taste was simply not there. Anyway, I just hate to go away disappointed so thought you should know my thoughts. Thanks anyway for the discount.
- ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2013Our Server, Rachel , was excellent. She knew the menu and gave great suggestions. Overall service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service Are Always Great!SAYWENNVIPDined on 6/8/2013I work locally and go to the Daily Grill a couple times a month. You can always count on a good meal and great waiters. Great selection on the menu. Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server was a seasonedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2013Our server was a seasoned waitress, very warm yet professional. She paid attention to our request for a booth and that we were celebrating a special birthday for my friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch took a turnOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/6/2013my son and i enjoy lunching at the daily grill near his office. this last visit we had a bad experience with getting our meal. we arrived on time for our reservation and only had to wait a couple of minutes to be seated. when we ordered, our server didn't mention anything about being backed up in the kitchen. we were busy chatting so didn't notice the delay in getting our food until we saw the people across from us eating their lunch, and realized that they had sat down after we had ordered. once we got the attention of a server we were told that the kitchen was dealing with a huge to-go order and they were doing their best. after a half hour wait we got our ahi wrap and salmon special and wolfed them down to get back to work. not good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and Reliable!lov2dineDined on 5/30/2013We come to Daily Grill-Irvine half-dozen times a year or more and have NEVER been disappointed with their food or service. Very pleasant wait staff and host/hostesses. Interesting menu and a nice variety to choose from. We'll keep coming back and singing their praises as long as they continue on this positive trend! We'll be back soon! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We just ordered soup - ManhattanTudiDined on 5/19/2013We just ordered soup - Manhattan Clam - and ask the waiter to wait about 10 minutes to give us a chance to drink our wine. When we were ready for our soup, we were told you were out and they were making more. It took almost 1/2 hour for our soup to arrive and if was not very hot. It also did not seem to be the soup I remember your having. It was filled with clams but little vegetables and a water broth. We had tickets for the theater and had to finish our soup in a hurry. The waiter tried to help, and did get our bill to us in a timely manner. I have been a Daily Grill lover for years and I must say I was very disappointed. I usually come for your Sand Dabs or Trout. I know the ladies I brought would not want to return for another meal.
- Good times.BunkyDined on 5/18/2013We have shared many special occasions at the Daily Grill in Fashion Island over the years. Saturday's luncheon was delicious and an enjoyable time with good friends.Special Features:
- We were promptly greeted,BuddDined on 5/15/2013We were promptly greeted, shown our table and given plenty of time to talk and relax. our party of 6 really enjoyed the 600 menu, everything under 600 calories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was disappointingvalentinoDined on 5/12/2013The restaurant itself is very nicely appointed and the service was very good. However, the food was not good at all; to the point where no one in our party of 6 would ever go back. I gave it three stars because of the ambience and service.
- Irvine location doesn't measure upTequilaKingDined on 5/12/2013Having enjoyed Daily Grills, we expected similar at Irvine. Unfortunately, Irvine is mismanaged. This was our 2nd visit. During the 1st, we had orders wrong and the server dropped a full plate while serving. A new plate wasn't produced for :20 minutes, during which time the remainder of us had cold food for waiting, without any offer of fresh, hot plates or even at least a "comped" plate for the dropped one. We tried again for Mother's Day with another bad experience...from orders wrong to agonizingly slow service (the restaurant was not even half full), to poorly prepared entrees (dry as leather pork chops, overcooked chicken pot pies and so on. Stay away from the Irvine store...you're better off with the fast food next door.
- A True "Neighborhood Gem!"OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/12/2013My family frequents this particular Daily Grill in Irvine on weekly basis. It truly is our "Neighborhood Gem," We love their food! It is always made the way we like it. The service is always attentive, smiling, accommodating and very friendly. They make us feel like royalty when we go there. Our latest visit was on Sunday Mother's Day. This place is my Mother's choice when she is asked where to go. Their menu and specials are loaded with healthy and delicious choices. We have practically tried every item on the menu within the past 15+ years that we've been going there. Great place to have special occassion parties. We've had many Thanksgivings, Christmas and Easter parties at this location. Our guests have become frequent patrons as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Mothers DayMNessDined on 5/12/2013We ( a group of 10) enjoyed Mothers Day brunch At Daily Grill in Irvine. It was perfect. We were greeted by a friendly hostess who immediately sat us at our reservation time. Our waiter was accommodating and not a bit put off by the size of our group. He happily poured the Champage we brought in and allowed us time to catch up. After ordering our food arrived promptly, hot and delicious. Really, it could not have been better. Following our meal all moms received at gift card to come back and we will. Thank you Daily Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best business lunch locationDanielhDined on 5/9/2013We had party of six and needed to be able to talk. They have several private tables to allow for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday nite dinnerJamesVIPDined on 5/3/2013Food mediocre , and service rushed and wait staff inexperienced. We ordered an appetizer, served in three minutes, and no less than two minutes later dinner entrees were dumped on the table. Waiter tried to remove plates no less than three times while we were still eating. For fast food I prefer a drive through.
- Rick HouserchefrickyleeDined on 4/20/2013A bit overrated. The service was great. Our server was very attentive and detail oriented. The food however, was nothing to write home about. Par for the course menu with par for the course food.
- We love Daily Grill. My sonOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/20/2013We love Daily Grill. My son was not happy with his beef dip sandwich, however. It was not hot and too salty. But they do have the best spinach dip.Special Features:
- I have always enjoyed eatingGeneCDined on 4/19/2013I have always enjoyed eating at the Dail Grill. First discoverd the restaurant in Palm Desert. Miss the Newport location. Always excellent food and service. Prices are ecellent aswell..Special Features:
- Friends' Favelov2dineDined on 4/17/2013We've just enjoyed another delightful dinner with friends at Daily Grill, Irvine! Perfect spot to get together for any occasion. . .or no occasion at all. Super friendly staff and consistent quality of both food and service. Not ultra gourmet. . .just good food! We'll be back!Special Features:
- hmmmOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013The food was good. The waiter was decent. He seemed to be a little annoyed when we brought our own wine, which is allowed and refused to pour it. He also rushed us a little in the beginning and came back to our table 3 times to try and get our dinner order in before our appetizers were even delivered. There were not any other people waiting for a table nor was the kitchen about to close. When our family dines, we like to savor our food and time. This restaurant is a little on the pricey side so the last thing that I want is for someone to try and rush me through my meal. I will still come back and hope for a warmer waiter.
- The chicken pot pie is divine.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/9/2013The chicken pot pie is divine. The service is always fantastic - prompt and professional.Special Features:
- One of my favorite "go-to"CJStavertVIPDined on 4/5/2013One of my favorite "go-to" restaurants for lunch or dinner at the bar in California.Special Features:
- Great place to meet for lunchtprebelVIPDined on 4/5/2013Always a good menu and good service. Especially like the 600 calorie lunches that are on the menu. Great place to meet for lunch.Special Features:
- We had a reservation for 10:30OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013We had a reservation for 10:30 and where told that we will have to wait 15-20 minutes to be seated and the restaurant was empty! They were short staffed but didn't let on it was only obvious! Not even the manager came up to offer us a drink or even apologize for the wait! If it has been totally packed I would have understood but to be as empty as they were and not have staffed correctly for a holiday is not good service!Special Features:
- I had something new for meJonesVIPDined on 3/29/2013I had something new for me from the menu. They now have a section of 600 calories (or less). I had the aji tuna salad and it was fabulous. Will order it again.
- Lot of people waiting andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/20/2013Lot of people waiting and they were told 15 minute wait. Only 5 minute wait. Had a reservation and requested a large booth, again they tried to give me a little booth.Special Features:
- Good food. They were understaffedConnieVIPDined on 3/17/2013Good food. They were understaffed and it showed in the service. We were comp'd for dessert.Special Features:
- No cheesephilsbVIPDined on 3/17/2013Overall a wide menu with lots to pick from. Burgers are excellent and salads ok. Two ordered pasta with shrimp, but the restaurant had run out of parmesan cheese. Not good. A more responsible restaurant would go to a local market to buy some rather than tell their customers they don't have any.
- This was a first time forOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/13/2013This was a first time for us at the Irvine restaurant but we have been long time custeners of the Daily Grill. First in Manhattan Beach and then moving to Century Blvd near LAX. We feel that they are very responsive to suggestions, have excellent servers and are a very good value.Special Features:
- We ask for Julie as our serverOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/1/2013We ask for Julie as our server every time. She is outstanding. We are repeat customers. She remembers our drinks, will suggest foods that she knows we like, etc. Love bringing new people there. You are so lucky to have her.Special Features:
- It was so noisy I couldn'tMelodyVIPDined on 3/1/2013It was so noisy I couldn't hear the other person speak during lunch which was very frustrating. We asked to be moved and we were put out on the patio which is alongside Jamboree. It was loud out there too. Will not be back there for lunch during the week.
- Very loud and difficult toOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/27/2013Very loud and difficult to hear conversation though we were not in bar area. Quite distracting and certainly not somewhere one can relax after a hard day's work.Special Features:
- Overpriced and food qualityBadMGoodVIPDined on 2/22/2013Overpriced and food quality is blah.....will not be going back