Daily Grill - Houston
5085 Westheimer Blvd., Suite 3125
In the Galleria next to the Westin Galleria
Houston, TX 77056Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Daily Grill - Houston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dailygrill.com/
- Phone: 7139605997
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday – Thursday: 6:30 am -10:00 pm
Friday – Saturday: 6:30 am – 11:00 pm
Happy Hour and Special Appetizer menu starting at $4 in the bar. Hours from 4 – 7pm Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Victor Torres
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: David Hall/Andrea Bruna 7139605997
- Special Events: Daily Grill Houston offers private rooms for special event dining. The room can accomodate up to 40 seated guests. Private dining menus also available. Please inquire for additional information or for booking assistance.
A word from Daily Grill - Houston
Located in Galleria II, Level Two of the world famous Galleria, the Houston Daily Grill is adjacent to the Westin Galleria Hotel. Surrounded by a shopper’s paradise, Daily Grill is a great place to take a break for lunch or dinner, or meet up with friends for a cocktail after work in the sophisticated, clubby bar.Modeled after the great big city grills of the 30s and 40s, Daily Grill serves traditional American fare. We offer easy access with free valet parking at the Westin Galleria Hotel. Featuring Genuine Angus Steaks and Chops, Fresh Seafood, Classic Cobb and Caesar Salads, Meat Loaf with Mashed Potatoes, Chicken Pot Pie and not-to-be-missed Desserts, all served in a sophisticated yet casual atmosphere by servers that really care about the guest's experience. We also boast the best Martini and Happy Hour in town.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Daily Grill - Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
- Bad service x2Defender96Dined on 12/21/2013We visited this location for dinner & breakfast (we were staying in a hotel nearby). The first night the hostess was very unfriendly and the waiter screwed up our order, missed key items (drink refilled, etc) and was inattentive. Day 2 was even worse. The waiter was AWFUL. I never give a $0 tip but I did that day. The guy acted like we were a tremendous inconvenience when, for example, we asked for cream or milk with our coffee. Just a nightmare. We would have addressed this with the manager but were really pressed for time.
- good for that momentdeliveringVIPDined on 12/8/2013Were looking to on place to eat inside Galleria. Food was good and service took care of us. It was good
- Love the locationJackPepperDined on 12/3/2013Always a treat to dine in the Galleria, and Daily Grill is in a great location, has excellent service, and wonderful food. Ambience is delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had Thanksgiving DinnerLoriDined on 11/28/2013We had Thanksgiving Dinner here. Everything was wonderful except there just was only a few items on the plate. Tons of Turkey if you like that and same with stuffing and potatoes. But only other veggie offered was Carrots. I would have liked to see more options to add vegatables like corn, green beens, etc. What we did eat was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Galleria Gem!FoodieDined on 9/16/2013Excellent food, service & ambience. The BEST meatloaf in town...Better than Momma makes!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expectedTxThunderDined on 9/1/2013I've been to other Daily Grills, but this experience was top notch.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carrot Cake!ElizDined on 8/17/2013The 7 layer carrot cake is Heaven even for those who aren't fans of carrot cake. It melts in your mouth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was thrilled with the ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2013I was thrilled with the ambiance of the restaurant and the staff was fabulous from greeting to goodbye. The cocktail list is very inventive; you see some spin offs of classic cocktails but the company has certainly made the drinks their own. The wine list is concise but well rounded with plenty of great selections at very reasonable prices. One thing I will say is that if you like chicken pot pie (or even if you don't) theirs' is a must try! It's exquisitely presented and it absolutely melts in your mouth!!! They also have in house made cobbler that changes frequently in some of the most interesting flavors that I've heard of two being apple/strawberry and peach/blueberry-the one that we enjoyed. Thank you all for a wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Wishing for the OLD Daily GrillnoplateuntastedDined on 5/12/2013Sadly, Daily Grill continues its slide into food oblivion. This has always been one of our favorite places, but over time the menu continues to shrink and become less interesting, the portions smaller and the service less consistent. The Daily Grill has been a special favorite of my wife's, so we decided to try once again for Mother's Day. We were seated right on time, but then began to wait. It took fully 10 minutes in a fairly empty restaurant before our server finally wandered by. He took our drink order and disappeared. Finally, he returned with the drinks, took our food order and then disappeared again. It was excruciating.
- Good Until Last Tuesday!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/30/2013We have often visited and liked several other Daily Grill locations. Unfortunately this one fell flat for a Tuesday lunch in both the food and service category. My Lime Grilled Chicken Salad had all of 2 tablespoons of small diced chicken which does not make for an adequate lunch. My friend's quesadillas were only average. Service was ok but not outstanding. Because my friend was a business acquaintance I did not want to make a fuss about the food. .Special Features:
- We dine here often, but thisJennJVIPDined on 4/15/2013We dine here often, but this last time our waitress Kesha was fantastic!Special Features:
- not good service at all..OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/12/2013not good service at all.. disappointing ... food only fair too
- The restaurant has a largek226VIPDined on 3/11/2013The restaurant has a large number and variety of meals that are 600 calories or less; it's great to have that kind of choice. I had the chicken burger, which came with delicious grilled asparagus rather than french fries. Others had the salmon or a salad. Everyone was pleased. My only negative comment: while the food is good, it's not amazing; the prices are pretty high for what you get.
- We dined on Feb 16, whichlobo67VIPDined on 2/16/2013We dined on Feb 16, which happened to be NBA All-Star Saturday night when the Galleria was (over) crowded. This was to be a special occasion, celebrating both my birthday and Valentine's Day. I am a Daily Grill "Preferred Guest", which indicates we've been there more than a few times. As usual, the food was excellent, but the service was poor. Considering the restaurant was less than half full, the extraordinary wait to get menus, order, and served made for a very long, uncomfortable dining experience. I had to ask for bread plates after the bread arrived and ask to make a drink order. At one point, the manager came around - to surrounding tables, completely ignoring us - to ask how things were going! I guess I should have tripped him!
- It was very nice to enjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013It was very nice to enjoy a Valentines with my wife and three daughters without feeling awkward around other couples. They did a really good job of letting us enjoy terrific food in a comfortable, unstuffy environment.Special Features:
- Have only had lunch thereJJ42VIPDined on 2/9/2013Have only had lunch there but the food was excellent, the service perfect and I loved the 600 or less calorie selection.Special Features:
- A MUST STOP!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/11/2013Great service by Andy and the rest of the team. Made us feel very special and welcome. Great job. Very professional, unobtrusive, and "on-the-ball".Special Features:
- I was very disappointed inFoodieVIPDined on 1/2/2013I was very disappointed in my meal, had ordered the Fish & Chips dinner. The fish although marketed as Fresh, the batter was still wet inside and there was no Real flavor, the dipping sauce was not good. The only Thing that I was able to eat was the cole slaw . There was no suggested selling and I was most disappointed With not being asked if I would like a dessert. This restaurant is in such a great and convenient Location in the Galleria but I will not go back.
- Didn't like Daily GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Waiter mixed up the temperature on our steaks. It was New Year's Eve and they charged us double from what the menu said plus an automatic tip. We will never go back.
- Food and service were great!!!!!sparkleDined on 12/25/2012Food and service were great!!!!! Perfect choice for a Christmas dinner except for the crying baby thru the whole dinner.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/15/2012Wonderful food and service! Have to try the loaded Mac & cheese! Trout was perfect and peanut cole slaw fresh and tasty!Special Features:
- Great for lunchGallopingGourmandVIPDined on 12/14/2012Food is consistently good, with a wide variety of choices available. Service is quick enough to get you in and out for a business lunch within an hour with no problems at all, even without asking. Portions tend to be rather large.Special Features:
- Andy Tai is an excelleny waiter-OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/24/2012Andy Tai is an excelleny waiter- a REAL GEM to your restaurant!Special Features:
- Bill HutzOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/22/2012This was a repeat visit for my wife and I on Thanksgiving Day for probably the 4th year now. The price fixe menu was expanded this year to include several offerings in addition to the traditional turkey and dressing. The price was also increased considerable. I believe $40 for a turkey dinner is too much, so I doubt we will repeat next year! The turkey was well prepared and tasty, but the dressing was rather dry and bland and there was not have enough gravy to enhance it. Apple cobbler for desert was excellent and was by far the best part of my meal.
- Always a nice dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/2/2012Excellent service with Andy tai as the Maitre De to over see everything! It was quiet- there were 8 of us at the table and we could actually have a conversation with the entire table!!!! Relaxing and delicious!Something for everyone....Special Features:
- Great place for lunchGallopingGourmandVIPDined on 9/27/2012Food here is nothing fancy, but it is good. Our table of four for lunch had tomato soup, trout and cole slaw (both very good), mac & cheese (very good, but VERY rich), and chicken pot pie, which was excellent, and an absolutely huge portion. This place is great for lunch--service is fairly quick, and menu is broad enough that there is something to appeal to almost everyone.Special Features:
- Best spot in the GalleriaOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/26/2012Best spot in the Galleria for lunch. Excellent choice on the low cal menu, good service, not a bad wine list. Pleasant enough surroundings but far too cold - turn the temperature up a bit!Special Features:
- overall great experience,OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/10/2012overall great experience, food was good service good. just a good experienceSpecial Features:
- I had the gluten free mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2012I had the gluten free meal that was salmon and asparagus. The food was good but a fairly sparse lunch. There was no starch served with the meal. Some rice or potatos was needed.Special Features:
- Great food and offers glutenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2012Great food and offers gluten free menu which is a must for me.Special Features:
- Such great food had theirOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/7/2012Such great food had their house salad and a bacon burger soooooo freaking goodSpecial Features:
- nice meallizlizlizDined on 4/13/2012The popcorn shrimp (tempura style) and sweet potato fries were awesome. Grilled salmon and blackened tilapia were tasty. Brownie with ice cream and caramel sauce was alright; brownie should have been warmed up at least. Our waiter was attentive. Overall, no complaints and I had a pleasant meal.
- Large portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2012Convenient for shoppers in the the Houston Galleria wanting to stop by, sit down for a bite to eat and rest their feet after shopping in the mall. Prompt Service and enormous amounts of food.Special Features:
- This restaurant is in theCALMVIPDined on 3/10/2012This restaurant is in the Galleria Mall, it's just a convenient location to dine in between shopping and meeting up with friends.Special Features:
- Great Galleria people watchingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/27/2012Great Galleria people watching and top-knotch diner food at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- to be fair, one of the fewTomLDined on 12/25/2011to be fair, one of the few restaurants open on Christmas Day...the food was good, reasonably priced, and the staff was terrific-professional, great attitude.Special Features:
- Great for lunchGallopingGourmandVIPDined on 12/15/2011Business lunch for two included fish tacos & fish 'n chips, both of which were very good. Service was attentive and efficient. I've eaten here often before, but for some reason, restaurant was unusually noisy today, including a very loud child. In spite of noise, this is consistently a good place for lunch.Special Features:
- The food was okay. The useOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/10/2011The food was okay. The use of butter in their dishes was just irresponsible. The calamari was quite good though. I ordered a NY Strip steak med-rare with fries and sautéed mushrooms, the mushrooms were drowning in butter and lacked flavor, the steak was good not great, but i knew it was not a great sign when they brought out steak sauce before our food came. A good steak does not need A1. My gf ordered a fish dish i cannot recall which one but once again they slammed probably a half stick of butter on top of it killing any flavor the fish may have had. With the wide selection of restaurants here in Houston I probably will not go back. At $30 for strip I would recommend spending an extra $10 for a USDA Prime steak somewhere else.
- The Daily Grill is one ofsectiDined on 11/27/2011The Daily Grill is one of my favorite restaurants. Lots of bang for the buck. Good food, great service, nice atmosphere. Recommended.Special Features:
- Good forba business lunch,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/10/2011Good forba business lunch, happy hour drink, or dinner.Special Features: