Daily Grill - Georgetown
1310 Wisconsin Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Daily Grill - Georgetown
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dailygrill.com/
- Phone: 2023374900x
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour and Special Appetizer menu starting at $3 in the bar. Hours Monday to Friday from 4 – 7pm, Saturday & Sunday from open – close. $4 BURGER special available on Tuesday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: In addition to the full menu, the Daily Grill chefs are happy to prepare party platters, ranging from salads & sandwiches to pastas & desserts & everything in between.
- Private Party Facilities: Located in the prestigious Georgetown Inn, the "Winsor Room" offers a variety of options from meeting space to dinner & dancing.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 2023374900x
- Special Events: Daily Grill Grorgetown offers private dining for groups up to 60 guests. Private dining menus available. Please inquire for more information.
A word from Daily Grill - Georgetown
Located in heart of Georgetown, at The Georgetown Inn, this Daily Grill is the third to be opened in the Washington, D.C. area. It features a spacious bar, cozy booths and our great American food, of course. Whether you’re a local, or visitor, you’ll enjoy Daily Grill at The Georgetown Inn. We offer a Private Dining Room perfect for wedding and baby showers, rehearsal dinners, or any private affair. The Daily Grill is a throw back to the classic American grills of yesteryear. The Daily Grill features huge portions of classic American food at a great value. For larger groups, please call the restaurant for availability.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Daily Grill - Georgetown reviews from OpenTable diners
- Nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2014There is nothing special about this place, food is OK, definitely not a find. Price is equivalent to the rest of the area, but really the 3 dishes we chose were not worth the price.
- Good Foodglg62Dined on 5/16/2014A great place for the family or friends. Good food, great menu, service was slow but waiters were very nice and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service...good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/15/2014We went here with some clients last week while in town for a conference. The ambience was ok....almost that of an upscale diner. The food was surprisingly good! but the service was terrible. The place was empty and the service was slow and just no attention to detail. I think we would be hard pressed to go back...although the Tuscan chicken and the desserts were incredible
- Perfect for what we neededchillyDined on 4/26/2014We needed a quick dinner before a show at gypsy sallys. Mission accomplished. We had even less time than we allowed bc parking was a nightmare bc of some race breaking down in gtown. The other thing that surprised me was all the little kids eating dinner at 9:00 pm. Lots of kids lots of noise just be prepated.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!BellaVIPDined on 4/25/2014Food was amazing and our server was great. Brought kids and they loved the food as well. Very friendly and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service = Poor ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2014I've been going to Daily Grill in Georgetown for years because of its convenience, very good food, and comfortable atmosphere. However, the service has been consistently poor with a seemingly higher than average turn-over. Our waiter started well but did not follow-through ending the meal with a 20 minute wait for the check after he was MIA - and we had to hail down another waiter with no result and then getting up to the hostess to get our check. This type of incident is consistent with the overall poor service. I hope they can improve because this is a very nice, convenient restaurant in Georgetown.
- Very good!SandyVIPDined on 4/19/2014Our first time to Georgetown. We picked the right restaurant.Special Features:
- Great evening, but too loudDorcasDined on 4/18/2014I have been to the DG on weeknights when the dining experience was perfect (e.g., great food, thoughtful service, quick valet park and lovely ambiance). So I reserved a table at the DG on a Friday eve when friends came in town. The wonderful service and great food were still there, but the noise level (music) was too high even after we asked them to tone it down and the parking was full (so we had a last-minute scramble to find parking in Gtown--not easy). I love the food, the prices are good and the staff are very welcoming and professional, but I will stick to week-nights.Special Features:
- The food here is dependable.chrisDined on 4/6/2014The food here is dependable. It is very good and the portions are great! Service was attentive.Special Features:
- Great place for breakfast.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/4/2014Great place for breakfast. It has the best egg white omelet.
- Fantastic servicemarioVIPDined on 3/22/2014We had a delicious delightful brunch and were very pleased with the service we received from Albert. He was top notch.Special Features:
- Great food - poor bar serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2014We had a party of 10 on a Saturday night at 6pm. It was empty when we arrived, but our drinks took a long time to be delivered. They even came after the appetizers were brought to the table. Although no explanation, waiter was nice and food was excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014We were in DC for a huge VB tournament that fell on my daughters 16th birthday. Seven of us had dinner there Saturday night, it was fantastic. Great variety for the kids as well as the adults. We all had something different and each dish was really good. The service was great. It was so good that we brought the whole team and parents back the following night. There were 25 of us, they did separate checks and again everyone had a great meal the service was tremendous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is subparSbassDined on 2/14/2014Ordered a New York steak and it came out very dry and overcooked. Overall, food could be better.Special Features:
- Bad service and a long waitBadbrunchVIPDined on 1/1/2014We went for brunch on New Year's Day. Our waitress took forever to come take our drink order and then after we did order it took almost a half an hour to get the drinks. The food was dismal . When we left my friend accidentally left her phone on the table. When we went back to look for it we couldn't find it. Our waitress watched from afar while we looked and all the while she had pocketed the phone. The manager asked the waitress if she had seen it at miraculously the phone appeared in her pocket (for safe keeping of course) I will never go back again.
- Dinner over ChristmastishhDined on 12/27/2013We selected this restaurant since it is in Georgetown near lots of shopping. There was also free valet parking which was very desirable! We ordered Chicken Picatta and Chicken Parmigiana. Both dishes were flavorful and filling. Service was excellent with out waiter stopping by the table many times to check on our meal. There was live music at the bar which made for a loud dinner experience. We had to repeat our conversation several times to be heard. I give it a 4 Star rating. Affordable and good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Squeezed us in on ChristmasPilotandDrDined on 12/25/2013Squeezed us in on Christmas night last minute. Great service, great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas dinnertravelerDined on 12/25/2013Waitress was (possibly new and) attentive but kept repeating her entree recommendations...unsolicited. They set up a large circular table in the center next to our booth which allowed no room for folks to walk through, they squeezed behind the chairs and into me, knocked over our coats....constant and uncomfortable. We ordered the lamb chops and lamb shank, both were flavorful and moist. The chocolate bread pudding was bland and not very dense. Not a bad meal overall but we expected more for the price.
- 35 minutes to get a drinkKarizmaDined on 12/25/2013I'll caveat our experience with the statement that it was Christmas when we had dinner here. However, that is still no excuse for it to take 35-40 minutes for my margarita to arrive. It was free and tasty after that, but really? Food also took a very long time. Everything was DELICIOUS! Redeeming the experience some. There wasn't a line out the door and they were only seating with reservations, so I cannot imagine that it was any busier than a regular Saturday night. So the length of time to get my drink and our food seems a bit off. Our waiter was fabulous and the manager comped me two drinks so we appreciated that.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Merry Christmas!HjohnsDined on 12/25/2013My son and I had a WONDERFUL experience on Christmas Day. The ambience was festive but not too noisy. The food was good and our server, Cornell was excellent. My son and I had a chance to talk and catch up since he was home from college. One of the best Christmas dinners we've had together and we go out for dinner often. Thank you for making this one special.Special Features:
- Special Dinner with ColleaguesKCDCDined on 12/12/2013We chose the Daily Grill because of location close to work, availability of parking, and moderate prices for the neighborhood. The food was excellent: artichoke dip with herbed crisps of french bread; freshly made hummus with pita triangles; mahi mahi,chcken pot pie, tenderloin of beef and a few other entrees I could not see. Desserts were surprisingly excellent: tart key lime pie with whipped cream and an amazing brownie with carmelized pecans, vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. Our drinks were great: gin and tonics; beautiful Manahattan; and very good red wines by the glass. It was not too busy on this Thursday early evening, so our conversations were not difficult. I will definitely return here for dinner again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/29/2013We had a large group and the service was fantastic -- would come back anytime - thanks!Special Features:
- Wonderful as alwaysJillishnessDined on 11/28/2013This was my first Thanksgiving dining out with my family and we chose the Daily Grill since the service and menu are always top notch. We were over the moon after dinner having enjoyed a great menu and impeccable service. We left the restaurant with left-overs to share and still full of fun to go visiting other relatives into the evening. No hassle waiting for our table. Our reservation was honored as soon as we arrived and the evening continued from there. I cannot thank you enough. Great food AND great service is not easy to find in this city. Keep up the good work!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerpattypDined on 11/19/2013We celebrated our daughters birthday and had an amazing meal. Great service timed just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bar service poorRickRDined on 11/18/2013Met my Son & his roomate here. Decuded to dine in bar for Mondsy night football. Food was fine...service was poorSpecial Features:
- Go to the Farragut location insteadserendipity13Dined on 11/18/2013Service is goofy--the staff seem to be mentally somewhere else. Two examples: 1) I ordered a drink, and the waiter and I had a long discussion about the drink menu, so you'd think he would have remembered. 10 minutes later, he asked me if I wanted anything to drink. 2) Someone came and asked if we wanted our food taken away when we were done. You'd think that would have also been a good time to ask if we wanted the check, or if we wanted dessert/coffee, or some kind of follow-up. But no… we sat for a while with to-go boxes but no check, no offer of coffee/dessert, and eventually had to flag someone down. Restaurant was empty, so being busy was NOT an excuse. Go to the Farragut location--same food, but they actually care.
- Lunch at Daily GrillBossanovacohibaVIPDined on 11/8/2013The service was excellent. Valet parking made an easy in and out. The cobb salad was done very nicely. Overall, it was a good experience all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent and thesandyDined on 10/26/2013Food was excellent and the service was outstanding. The atmosphere was just right . . .quiet enough for conversation and lively enough for a fun atmosphere.Special Features:
- Food was outstanding. WaiterGUDinerDined on 10/19/2013Food was outstanding. Waiter was VERY helpful with suggestions for the table. I would definitely return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMareDined on 10/19/2013It was so good Friday night that we went back Saturday night to try other entrees. Service was great, even got our waiter's name so we can request him on our next visit. Definitely will be a favorite when visiting my son down in Georgetown.
- Weekend VisitWkndrDined on 10/18/2013Everything was great about the restaurant except the noise level. I have very good hearing yet I could hardly hear the conversation at our table and on top of the general noise level from the people in the restaurant there was a jazz band playing at the bar which is not separate from the restaurant area. I don't think the music added anything to the place just made the noise level worse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Came here for a steak w/ ourJackDined on 10/12/2013Came here for a steak w/ our college student. Steaks were excellent as was the service. Very satisfied.Special Features:
- Not so muchJPRtooDined on 10/11/2013The service was very poor, particularly when I think about that it was not full. Took long time salad to arrive, very long for sandwiches and then did not bring all that was supposed to accompany the sandwiches. When I asked for the rest of the items, that took a long time. I had chosen the place to celebrate a birthday, which was noted in my Open Table reservation comments but nothing was done, no mention. The food itself was no better than fair. I would not go back and don't recommend it. In a place like Georgetown, you can do much much better than this place.
- great place for breakfastbreakfastloverVIPDined on 10/2/2013Granola and yogury -- excellent; egg white omelet -- excellent; service -- excellent.
- Good food for a ChainfanofbrunchDined on 9/29/2013Nothing super special about the place but it is a pleasant place to have brunch that won't break your budget. Been there several times and always enjoyed my food. My husband really enjoyed his eggs benidict and bagels and lox had a very generous portion of salmon. The service is quite good and the Georgetown location is great. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful way to start the dayEringolawDined on 9/29/2013We had breakfast here on a Sunday morning before brunch started. The food was great, coffee hot and plentiful, and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daily Grill was a home runRockDined on 9/27/2013My cousin was visiting town on a very tight schedule and could only meet for breakfast. We were seated immediately (I had a reservation but did not need one) and the menu was perfect. I had requested a quiet table since one of us is hearing impaired. That request was accommodated. She had the eggs Benedict and I had smoked salmon eggs Benedict. The meal was perfectly prepared and promptly served. Servings were ample. The coffee was excellent (and I am a discriminating coffee drinker.) Price was on the high end of reasonable but nothing out of the norm for Georgetown and still a good value for a high quality meal. I will go back here again for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alberto, who always waitsHugsDined on 9/25/2013Alberto, who always waits our table, is "The Best!"Special Features:
- ConvenientMeemalaDined on 9/14/2013I didn't find anything exceptional about this restaurant. It was convenient for the people I was meeting, the food was fine, the service a little over-eager.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantCESLBVIPDined on 9/13/2013This Daily Grill is definitely a great neighborhood restaurant, but it seems there is too much competition of M Street restaurants in the evening. While people stand in line to be seated in a small cramped restaurant on M Street, the Daily Grill has room on most evenings. They also have Jazz orchestra on the evenings, which provides a great ambiance. Food is good, and the servers are very friendly. Perfect for a romantic outing, but also very good for a family meal with kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.