Daily Grill - Brentwood
11677 San Vicente Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90049Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Daily Grill - Brentwood
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dailygrill.com/
- Phone: 3104420044x
- Hours of Operation:
This location is closed.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Manager (310) 442-0044x
A word from Daily Grill - Brentwood
Thank you for 25 wonderful years. We looks forward to seeing our Brentwood friends at our Santa Monica location, located in the Colorado Center between 26th & Cloverfield.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Daily Grill - Brentwood reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (15)great for lunch (13)fit for foodies (8)kid-friendly (5)good for groups (5)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (3)special occasion (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- barbydollVIPDined on 6/26/2014Loved this restaurant So sorry that it is closing We will go to the one on Colorado. Bentwood needs more casual restaurnts not fast food type.Special Features:
- FAREWELL GRILLBUBBOVIPDined on 6/24/2014We'll miss your Brentwood location a lot -- so convenient even in rush hour. We'll try the Santa Monica location and hope we'll see some friendly wait staff and the same good food.Special Features:
- Disappoointed3girlsDined on 6/22/2014Disappointed that Brentwood is closing. It was our "walk too" dining.Special Features:
- Sorry to see it closedineoutVIPDined on 6/22/2014We have been coming here for YEARS before and after UCLA Basketball games and other sports on campus. We will miss the great food, wide selection, good service and proximity to campus!Special Features:
- Site closingwissyVIPDined on 6/22/2014Last day for Brentwood location is 6/29/14. It's always been a reliable meat-and-potatoes kind of place, so I guess the Santa Monica branch is where to go now.
- So saddadiva1VIPDined on 6/20/2014I'm so sad that Daily Grill - Brentwood is closing! Our family and friends have enjoyed eating here ever since it opened. The menu has something for everyone, and servers graciously accommodate any requests for substitutions, etc. It is a big loss for our neighborhood, and I will miss it tremendously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daily Grill BrentwoodRobboVIPDined on 6/19/2014They are closing their doors the end of June and we are crestfallen! This location has been our go-to restaurant.Special Features:
- foodieVIPDined on 6/18/2014SORRY IT IS CLOSING WE LOVE THE LOCATION AND THE MENUSpecial Features:
- Brentwood daily grillBebrVIPDined on 6/18/2014Unfortunately the Brentwood daily grill is closing next week. Too bad since is was a greAt neighborhood dining experience. Second restaurant to close in San Vicente Blvd. first one Cheesecake FactorySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious crab cake!!!NanaVIPDined on 6/18/2014As always the Cobb salad was excellent and a huge portion although it was the lunch size which we split as we also shared the crab cake. The bread was warm and crusty. We will miss this location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RESTAURANT CLOSINGMAMALAVIPDined on 6/17/2014ALWAYS LOVED DAILY GRILL...THIS LOCATION AND OTHERS ONLY TO FIND OUT THIS LOCATION IS CLOSING...WHAT A SHAME...WILL MISS IT MUCH. LOVE LOVE THE BREAD!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sad to say goodbye!!NanaVIPDined on 6/12/2014Terrific menu, very good food and efficient, professional service. We are sorry that you are closing this branch. The crab cake was delicious and the hamburger is one of the best in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 347 reviews are from the Daily Grill - Brentwood reviews archive.
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/29/2014i like the daily grill the service is great and the staff are friendly. But it takes awhile for the waiter or waitress to come back to your table. i was there when it wasn't busySpecial Features:
- DisappointmentroseVIPDined on 5/14/2014Having been here frequently, I thought this would be a good, quiet place to have a birthday lunch with a friend. I made a reservation and requested a nice booth. When we arrived at noon, but they had saved for us was a booth next to the bathroom. The other choice was next to a back serving area. The service was slow, the food was fine, nothing remarkable. The menu has fewer choices now, and in general I would say the quality is definitely going down. There was nothing about this experience that made me feel loyal to Daily Grill. There were lots of managers walking around, but the service was not attentive.
- BUBBOVIPDined on 5/8/2014My trout was more than ample and nicely presented. Huge baked potato & broccoli portion. satisfying dinner.Special Features:
- poor service, average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/5/2014restaurant was average. Service was poor It was hard to even find a waiter. Took forever to get a drink. Also, long wait to order Food was ok but wait to receive was a little long Decor is nice
- Love those sand dabs!dadiva1VIPDined on 4/29/2014There's always something for everyone at Daily Grill - Brentwood, and the food is consistently good, as is the service. A friend and I like to go there frequently and have the delicious sand dabs for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ebtdadVIPDined on 4/28/2014It would seem, at least to me, that two hours of free, validated. parking would improve the restaurant's popularity.Special Features:
- Consistent Good DiningGourmeterVIPDined on 4/23/2014Ahi salad always excellent choice. Lunch time is very crowded, dinner dining is less noisy. It is one of our favorite restaurants for quality and friendly service.Special Features:
- It was a busy night and eithernicknameVIPDined on 4/11/2014It was a busy night and either they weren't prepared, or the servers weren't attentive.
- Good service, consistentlyNewmiesVIPDined on 4/7/2014Good service, consistently good food but has become pricey.Special Features:
- an off nightLunchWFriendsVIPDined on 4/2/2014We go to this restaurant more often than any and most always have a great experience. This visit seemed off from the start. We had to wait for a table past our reservation time. The restaurant was much busier than any other time we had visited. The niceties/appreciation for us patronizing the establishment just weren't there and no normal manager check-in happened. Our food took a very long time - just over an hour since we had been seated. We ordered before both tables around us, but got our food well after they did. The fillet medallions were strange and didn't have much flavor. The salmon was drenched in butter. Not ordering those again. Unfortunately, nothing seemed to really click this visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed bagPoldyVIPDined on 4/2/2014Excellent hamburgers. Not enough servers; they are quite frantic. Ten minute wait at table before anything happened. Surly manager.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good valuedadiva1VIPDined on 3/25/2014My friend and I recently had the sand dabs for lunch and took advantage of the special offer for regular customers, key lime pie and coffee for $2.00. Marcus, our server, couldn't have been more cordial and efficient and made the experience very pleasant. The Daily Grill - Brentwood never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DINNER AT THE GRILLBUBBOVIPDined on 3/19/2014MENU PRETTY MUCH REMAINS WITHOUT SURPRISES BUT FOOD IS TASTY AND NICELY PRESENTED. IT CAN GET PRETTY NOISY - so booths against a wall are preferable.Special Features:
- always loved Daily Grill...aMAMALAVIPDined on 3/14/2014always loved Daily Grill...a fan going back to Newport Beach, Costa Mesa areas when I lived in Orange County... Cant beat your bread...the best!Special Features:
- Always a winnerLunchWFriendsVIPDined on 3/13/2014Good, friendly service combined with tasty food makes for a good evening out.
- Our Go To Family PlaceDoorahDined on 2/27/2014A little on the expensive side as a go-to family place but they have a kid's menu and the food is really good. Have a lot of our comfort foods on the menu from chicken pot pie to creamy mashed potatoes and delicious skirt steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daily Grill - BrentwoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/27/2014Ambiance is really nice, very comfortable. Service was excellent, very attentive. Good menu and selections. Definitely good for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food here never disappoints.shopperVIPDined on 2/16/2014The food here never disappoints. It is consistently good. The service is above par. Servers are always checking to see if you need anything. The ambiance is relaxing and comfortable. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who likes good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfy!JerseyAlDined on 2/14/2014Never challenging, but always reliable, this is our go-to place when we want a tasty meal away from anything fussy or trendy. The food is always first-rate, plus our kids always feel welcome. The staff makes an effort time after time to make us feel appreciated. And then there's the bread -- the best sourdough around@Special Features:
- Food was FineJulieDined on 2/7/2014It's definitely an older crowd establishment. The food was good, I had the cedar plank salmon which was delicious. The service however was very slow. They were busy when we went on a Friday, but our dirty dishes sat in front of us for quite awhile. I wouldn't rush back there but their menu is extensive which works for those groups of people that have very different tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly serviceTedCDined on 2/1/2014Everyone goes out of their way to make a small birthday celebration special. Thank you from a long time patron.Special Features:
- The Grill is always happyBUBBOVIPDined on 1/27/2014The Grill is always happy to accomodate "diet" needs........change a potato for a veggie -- wait staff very congenial and the food is always good -- love their trout!Special Features:
- NOISYIamhdkDined on 1/25/2014We had a WONDERFUL dinner and server at the DG Saturday night, but a party next to us was VERY LOUD--so loud it disturbed every other diner. Apparently, the son of the owner was in the group and management could not get them to quiet down. The restaurant gave us free coffee and desserts as an apology.Special Features:
- NICELY GRILLEDBUBBOVIPDined on 1/20/2014Very enjoyable dinner -- my trout was excellent & my friend enjoyed the MAHI MAHI very much. Very helpful waitress and portions are big enough to share or take home for another meal.....Special Features:
- ReviewBebrVIPDined on 1/15/2014Friendly staff good service chefs are accommodating to your requests Always have a good mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sand dabs were very freshRobertVIPDined on 1/14/2014Sand dabs were very fresh and perfectly prepared. Michael's table service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been to this restaurantshopperVIPDined on 1/11/2014We have been to this restaurant many times since it is in our neighborhood and easy to get to. The service is always very good with an attentive wait staff. This time my meal was not as good as usual. I ordered the fish and chips and the fish was soggy and not crisp. My waiter took it back and said the chef was using a different batter that night and did not cook it properly. To me that is a poor explanation. He did return it and it was somewhat better and a little crispier. The other entree--trout almondine was excellent. We will continue to go there but will be more selective in ordering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistenty goodJB13Dined on 1/4/2014My wife and I catch up with another couple (old friends) here, periodically. The staff are very friendly, attentive, thoughtful, and do not interrupt your conversations to ask, "how is it tasting?" every ten minutes. Yet they are there when you need them. I know of many other, more expensive restaurants that could learn from these people. Menu choices are fairly standard and sufficiently various. Excellent place for unpretentious comfort food, well prepared and presented at reasonable prices in a comfortable environment (you can actually converse without shouting and cupping your ears to converse). Next best to (good) home cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.