2001 4th Ave.
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://tomdouglas.com/index.php?page=dahlia-lounge
- Phone: (206) 682-4142
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Brunch Saturday and Sunday: 9am - 2:00pm, Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00 - 9:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest
- Executive Chef: Brock Johnson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room can seat anywhere from 10-50 people. Please contact the restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Mimi Khin 8887394990
- Special Events: The Dahlia hosts a number of events throughout the year including wine dinners, and other tasty, informative gatherings. Please check our website for a full listing of events at the Dahlia and our other restaurants. www.tomdouglas.com
A word from Dahlia Lounge
The finest Northwest cuisine with bold, adventurous preparations. Let Chef Brock Johnson and his talented kitchen crew bring their unique flavors to your table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Dahlia Lounge - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Dahlia Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
310 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (230)special occasion (179)romantic (113)neighborhood gem (98)hot spot (55)good for groups (54)great for lunch (52)notable wine list (48)great for brunch (47)late-night find (18)vibrant bar scene (18)kid-friendly (9)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- excellentTasmanDined on 11/19/2014Excellent meal and dining experience - Dahlia Lounge is one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome service and great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2014I was very impressed at how they handled a special dietary request I had called in. Beautifully presented and thoughtfully prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- menu was interestingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014Good location after a day of shopping downtown and an interesting menu, Dahlias got a thumbs up from 3 of us. The service was excellent, always a plus when paying a little extra, but the food, although good, was not exceptional. We do enjoy oysters and although we live in Alaska we always try the local seafood. The oysters were small and a little fishy, I love the taste of the sea, but these were low tide, a little gamey a dining companion said. The salmon a little over cooked, a sin in a top notch restaurant, but the long cod was done nicely.The desert came through with a bang, delicious and not too sweet cocoanut cream pie. I would go again and try different items, I remember thinking they had a creative menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChuckEatsVIPDined on 11/14/2014Love the Dahlia Lounge! Even something as simple as a grilled cheese sandwich is incredible here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Seattle Dining for 25 YearsFinarioDined on 11/13/2014From the gracious welcome to the end of a stunning meal, I have never been disappointed at The Dahlia Lounge in over a hundred visits over the last decade and half. Rarely are all elements of the dining experience performed with such a high degree of excellence. Service is flawless and timing and pace of food delivery is always perfect. When I am short on time with a client lunch or going to the Moore for a performance, I can advise my server of the timeline, time needs and all is carried out. Menu is long on local with an emphasis on what is fresh. Have to say the sea bass cheeks as an appetizer was one of my top 10 seafood experiences. Menu is not huge but highly creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy 25th Birthday Dahlia Lounge!SidLee4VishusVIPDined on 11/13/2014It had been a number of years since we'd last been to the Dahlia Lounge, and the standards are still high. We enjoyed the special 25th-anniversary prix fix menu and the beverage pairings. There was a lot of food, but it was delicious. The mushroom-oyster dashi (soup) was especially memorable, as it was served with matsutake mushrooms (hard to find, but awesome). The crab course was pretty messy, but they thankfully provide you with finger towels. The pear dessert was amazing: please put it back on the menu! The drinks all went well with the courses: brut, beer and red wine. Give it a go before the anniversary is over!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good.TessDined on 11/13/2014Food great. Can't beat the Cobb steak salad. Just service slow. Took too long for entree & I had to leave my business associate at the table & run back to the office for an important meeting. They need to serve food in less than 40 minutes. Especially when the restaurant is not full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceCallieBDined on 11/12/2014This restaurant is a staple of the area. I'd heard of it for years and decided it was time to give it a shot. We went for lunch one days and there weren't many people there. Our server was friendly but not that over-the-top bubbly act that many servers use which was great. The selections were all amazing; it took some deep thought. Not only was lunch delicious, but the dessert was incredible. I had the chocolate gelato while my friend had the famous coconut cream pie. Both were fantastic after a nice lunch. It is really worth going to, and I'll be sure to check out the dinner menu next time I go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food!hugsDined on 11/10/2014This was my first time back since the restaurant moved and changed the decor. I missed all the green and plants, but the new decor was good. We loved the food. Everything was delicious. My daughter had the crab cakes, my other daughter the bread salad and I had the steak salad. The coconut cream pie was the best! I would go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2014very satisfied with the service, food and ambiance. I would definitely go back if I revisit SeattleSpecial Features:
- Very enjoyableLiketodineDined on 11/8/2014I have been here before but several years ago. Introduced my wife and son to this place and it was a hit. Seafood Bar Assortment was very good as was all of the entrees and service. Still a great place to eatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!katreenyDined on 11/8/2014Went here for Seattle Restaurant Week dinner with friends and loved it, so I decided to check out their weekend brunch for my birthday. Like last time, the service was great; our server was friendly and prompt- and even sent out a free birthday dessert for me! Brunch was delicious- the daily scramble was slightly more cheesy than I had expected but was tasty nonetheless. Their buttermilk biscuits have a hint of ginger to them, which I *loved*. Great place to eat any time of day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appetizer/EntreesDerfmanDined on 11/6/2014The Appetizer we ordered - Shrimp Goyozas were very dry/ overcooked. Both entrees were very good -Salmom & Crab Cakes. The service was very good, I have been to Dahlias a few times and really enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service + uninspiring foodtraytynDined on 11/5/2014Our server was primarily concerned with only taking our order. We asked questions about the menu and received very vague explanations. She was not into creating a welcoming atmosphere and ensuring we fully understood the menu. The food was not very excited...pretty bland. I heard complaints from our group regarding the steak and crab cakes.
- MVDinersDined on 11/4/2014Dalia Lounge is one of my wife's favorite restaurants. We went last Monday to celebrate her birthday. Everything we ordered was absolutely delicious. I have eaten there many times but this time I was super impressed with the flavor of everything. We ordered the Chilean Sea Bass appetizer and I started with the bread salad. My main dish was the Alaskan Ling Cod. My wife had the Fried Green Tomatoes. Desert was doughnuts for me and the Triple Coconut Cream Pie for my wife. All was wonderful! Our waitress was especially friendly and was proud of every dish she delivered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/4/2014Excellent food and service (took my mom for her birthday) and they even put a candle in the desert and NO singing (a big plus). only negative comment was that the servers seemed too attentive, which made us feel a bit pushed out (like they were trying to clear out the table quickly).Special Features:
- Wonderful Place - Dinner w/ friendsFindDeliciousRestaurantsDined on 10/31/2014We went to this place on Friday night with friends. Wonderful greeting, server was fantastic (attentive but not intrusive) and the menu was very good with a wide variety of things (including Peking Duck that they have had on the menu for 25 years). We all 4 ordered something different and all were delicious. The warm donut holes and coconut cream pie to finish the meal was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but overpriced restaurantNickotimeDined on 10/30/2014Dahlia Lounge is a Tom Douglas' restaurant. It's good food, but overpriced for what it is. Perhaps Tom is just trying to cash in on his "local boy makes good" reputation. It's a B restaurant at A+ prices. In the end, the Dahlia Lounge comes out somewhat pretentious and stodgy... It's ok for Seattle restaurant week, but I would not recommend it at regular prices.Special Features:
- Enjoy the flavor of each bite!DahliaReviewerDined on 10/30/2014This was our first visit to Dahlia Lounge and from the reviews and reputation we were expecting a fabulous experience even though it was "Restaurant Week" with the attendant crowds. Nevertheless Dahlia delivered on this and we enjoyed every bite. We're not ones to visit higher-end restaurants often so we paid attention to the difference in quality Dahlia affords. From the appetizers (cheese and herring/apple) to entrée (pork and the salmon) every ingredient you could see and enjoy their tremendous flavor. Staff was very attentive with frequent visits to top up our water and remove plates and see how things were going. No wonder their Triple Coconut Crème pie has such rave reviews you really have to try it to understand why, so much flavorSpecial Features:
- Great, as alwaysGilbertDined on 10/30/2014Went to restaurant week. Selections for the menu were varied and great. We both found multiple items we were interested in even though there were only 3 to choose from for appetizer, main and dessert. Food was wonderful as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week gemSnowSnobDined on 10/30/2014I didn't realize it was Restaurant Week when I book my lunch reservation but was happily surprised when I sat down with my friend. The curried cauliflower appetizer was so delicious I could have eaten two servings and the salmon was cooked to perfection. You can't beat two great and generous portions for $15! I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Well doneDishdishDined on 10/30/2014The service was slightly slow due to restaurant week but the food was perfectly delicious. I had the curred cauliflower starter and the salmon lunch. Would not have changed a thing. It was my first time and I definitely plan on coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Salmon Was PerfectionjimofseattleVIPDined on 10/29/2014We had lunch at Dahlia Lounge during Restaurant Week. We have been eating at this place since it first opened at another location on Fourth Avenue about twenty years ago, but we haven't been there for a while and we were delighted to find that salmon is still being prepared there to perfection and served with interesting and tasty accompaniments (we were especially taken by the lightly pickled grapes). We asked for a booth, but we were not pleased that we were seated in the bar rather than in the restaurant. Service was efficient, but it wan't cordial and our waiter did not check to see if we were enjoying our entrees. Starters were good, but tiny in an odd way.Special Features:
- PenguinDined on 10/28/2014Four of us were looking for a great restaurant to enjoy on Seattle Restaurant week. We wanted good food, atmosphere that you could talk in, and a convenient location from Capitol Hill and Magnolia. The Dahlia Lounge turned out to be a perfect choice. Their options for the "3 for $30" were all appealing and provided a good value. Delicious, well presented, and sufficient, we experienced a convivial evening. Even thought the restaurant was full (on a Tuesday night!) we could talk easily and that was great. Excellent atmosphere, service and food.Special Features:
- Wonderful food/ beautiful bardkgfoodieDined on 10/28/2014First time at Shanik. The owner graciously came over to tell us about the menu. The food was wonderful with choices different from typical Indian restaurants. Loved the grilled kale, Portobello appetizers. The lamb popsicles were to die for. Would definitely go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceCryoFXVIPDined on 10/27/2014This was our second time at Dahlia Lounge. Both times have been great. The most fun is the seafood sampler. We wish the same style could be done for dinner dished. It would be fun to try many more dishes. That said, the service is great, the food is fantastic. We highly recommend Dahlia Lounge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week!Carbs4LyfeDined on 10/27/2014Everything was so delicious I tried to eat slower just to enjoy it longer!!! Great service, great menu, overall great experience. Also it was a first experience for me at a Tom Douglas joint!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014Hadn't been to Dahlia in years but it had always been super-reliable. On this visit, some dishes were good but others weren't. The appetizer ravioli was too greasy and the appetizer fish cheeks were tough and too fishy. It's hard to give a pricey place another chance when there are so many other options.
- Nice evening outEveningOutDined on 10/25/2014The food and service was perfect. This is one of my new favorite Seattle restaurants. Nice setting for groups or couples.Special Features:
- OkayFoodieVIPDined on 10/25/2014People around the Seattle area seem to rave about Tom Douglas and his associated restaurants. The Dhalia lounge came highly recommended. I'd have to say my wife and I were a bit underwhelmed. The service was good. Our waiter was attentive and seemed knowledgeable of the menu. The food was good but not great. We both had a fish platter. My cod was cooked well but seemed a bit bland in terms of seasoning. Maybe we felt the way we did because we are from Baltimore and the Baltimore-DC area has its share of good restaurants.Special Features:
- Pre-theatre neighborhood gemTedebear1VIPDined on 10/25/2014This is the best restaurant within easy walking distance of the Moore Theater. We were seated promptly and, because there were so many interesting things on the menu, we decided to make a meal of appetizers. The bread salad (a generous portion which, without having to ask, was split for us) was good -as was the curried cauliflower. The cheek of Chilean sea bass (with coconut, jalapeno, ginger and herbs) was excellent. The steak tartare, which came with spicy sauce, was outstanding (even without capers). Prices are reasonable (these four items, with tip, came to about $70). Our waiter asked if we had theater reservations and, when told "yes", expedited our service so that we arrived at the theater well before curtain time. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant! Love Dahlia!BruinpiscesDined on 10/25/2014Dahlia Lounge is a Seattle favorite. The food is amazing, especially brunch. Tom Douglas managed to convert me from I-absolutely-detest-salmon into an avid salmon lover. The ambiance is wonderful - it's lively but not rowdy, and a great place for groups, couples, and people with children. The service is grade A. I absolutely love the servers at Dahlia Lounge and Lola. They are very courteous, personable, and swing by your table often enough to refill and/or take plates away but not so often that you get interrupted overmuch in your conversation. And of course, the famous Dahlia Bakery doughnuts are to die for. Delicious. I dream about those doughnuts. I love you, Dahlia Lounge. Never leave me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SkipShoeDined on 10/25/2014Simply excellent in every category. Can not go wrong with this restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Delicious food. Wonderful service. Beautiful restaurant.Special Features:
- Spectacular As AlwaysSeattleGuy5556Dined on 10/23/2014I've been going here ever since Tom Douglas opened the original location and it's always consistently good, with amazing people from the front door to the kitchen. Love going there on a regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!LblbDined on 10/23/2014Wonderful and creative dishes, beautifully presented. Although somewhat noisy on a Thursday night, one could still hold a conversation with the person across the table without yelling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebbieDined on 10/22/2014As always Tom Douglas' restaurants are outstanding. This establishment is definitely for s[special occasions due to the price points!Special Features:
- Great service, mostly great foodnettybDined on 10/22/2014My husband loved every bite if the food he ordered. Me, not so much. I ordered the curried cauliflower for an appetizer and that was one of the best things I have ever eaten. The contrast between the spicy hot cauliflower cooked to perfection with the tart cranberries and the cooling yogurt sauce was amazing. So good. For my entree I ordered the beer brined pork chop with roasted Brussels sprouts and pretzel bread pudding. The pork had good flavor but was very dry. With the Brussels sprouts I also had two lumps of what appeared to coal on my plate. As it turned out they were candied pecans that had become one big mass. Inedible. The service was great and I would go to this restaurant again, but I would not order the pork chop.Special Features:
- Good main coursesergeshDined on 10/22/2014Like many others we went for restaurant week with a price fix menu. The pork chop was very good, it literally melted in mouth. The salmon was outstanding, juicy and not overdone even a bit. The cauliflower appetizer was very spicy, so I hardly felt any other taste in it. The cheese plate appetizer was great and did not disappoint. The desserts... We had the deconstructed candy bar and a pumpkin muffin... The muffin was nice, but the bar was just sweet. The chocolate part was tasty. Wine paring was nice though my husband said he would prefer dry red wine with the pork and not an ale.Special Features:
- Wonderful againEastisdersDined on 10/21/2014This was our second visit to the Dahlia Lounge and it was as memorable as the first. We started with the sea bar sampler appetizer. All five "bites" were delicious but the octopus and the tuna were special The octopus was cooked perfectly - not at all tough. The raw tuna was very fresh. My husband wanted an octopus entrée though there was none on the menu. The waiter and chef went out of their way to accommodate him and he had a lovely "octopus greque" entrée. I had coho salmon, also perfectly prepared and fresh. The side dishes perfectly complemented the entrees. Special thanks to our waiter who treated us so well. We are from Spokane, so don't get to Seattle restaurants often. We can't resist returning to the Dahlia Lounge.Special Features: